News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pathfinder campagin recruitment 'Storm Riders'

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, April 28, 2014, 09:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

'Storm Riders
"We ride where no else does"

The saga of the 2nd company of Valarian horse the 'Storm Riders'
NC-System exotic small groups - Pathfinder

The Kingdom of Valaria reeling  from the loss at the battle of Caanteria.   Where the hordes of humanoids laid waste and broke the Valaria army.    The western half of the kingdom because of that day.   Now is covered in a lawless ravaged land.    Towns, villages,  farms and the minor lords of the western lands struggle to survive.   The only good thing to have come is the horde of humanoids after the great battle broke apart,  infighting amongst the humanoid tribes.   Which has helped establish this  wasteland of lawlessness upon the western sphere of the kingdom.   

In rebuilding a shattered kingdom.   The King is rebuilding his army.   The western half of his kingdom needs help,  needs something to rally and protect the people.    He forms companies of light cavalry.   That will fight a gorilla style campaign from horseback.    These light horse units,  are designed to be rapid response and fast moving companies.    Fearless, hardy individuals are recruited to form the companies.    From all walks of life,  from those that are good at heart, to those that tilt towards an evil within. 

Character Creation
Pathfinder system
Looking for 8 to 10 players.
20 point character build
Starting gold will be class average.   The character's mount does not count against  (The kingdom provides each with a light war horse at creation)
Alignments allowed -  All except for Chaotic Evil
Races allowed -  Human,  half elven,  half orc,  Aasimar,  Tieflings,  Centaur   
Class/Archtype allowed -
Barbarian -  Mounted Fury
Cavalier
Druid - Plains domain, Wild Rider
Fighter - Dragoon,  Roughrider
Paladin - open
Ranger -  Horselord

The starting level will be 1st level.   As the 1st through 3rd levels will be stream lined.  Will be designed to bring the characters together and form bonds while at the end of their training.     As they will be sent out on missions.    With each mission taking them farther and farther away.   

From 4th to 5th level  at sometime during these levels and depending on progression  (training)  The company will be sent out to accomplish the goal of carrying out the gorilla campaign of retaking the western half of the kingdom.

Additional requirments -
Personality -  A description of the character's personality
Background -  At least a paragraph
Sexual orientation -
Turn ons/offs

Additional character mechanic builds.   2 Traits,  a 3rd with 1 flaw taken  Of which only flaw can be taken.

"I ask you friend do you have what it takes to become one of the Storm Riders.    If you do then sign up right here.   For destiny awaits you of legendary status.   Fame and fortune from your kingdom.   Infamy from your kingdom's enemies."

Muse

Good morning, I'd like to play. 

Do I understand correctly that you want those classes and archetypes only?  Should be interesting. 

Are we level one? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Muse on April 28, 2014, 09:09:14 AM
  Good morning, I'd like to play. 

Do I understand correctly that you want those classes and archetypes only?  Should be interesting. 

Are we level one?

Welcome

Yes,   as the flavor of the campaign is based around mounted combat,  a saga of a horse company  fighting a gorilla warfare campaign.       

Yes creation is at level 1.     The first three levels will be designed to bring  the party together and establish ties amongst each other.  Sort of like playing out boot camp.   

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on April 28, 2014, 09:15:05 AM
Welcome

Yes,   as the flavor of the campaign is based around mounted combat,  a saga of a horse company  fighting a gorilla warfare campaign.       

Yes creation is at level 1.     The first three levels will be designed to bring  the party together and establish ties amongst each other.  Sort of like playing out boot camp.

I'm interested.  I'm waiting to see what the male-to-female ratio will be.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

caelcormac

Sounds interesting. Quick question on character creation:

Do we have to use one of the listed archetypes? If I were to make, say, a druid, would I have to be plains domain or could I be a vanilla druid?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on April 28, 2014, 11:29:07 PM
I'm interested.  I'm waiting to see what the male-to-female ratio will be.

Thank you for the interest.    I hope a balance ratio will be had for the game.

Quote from: caelcormac on April 29, 2014, 12:55:11 AM
Sounds interesting. Quick question on character creation:

Do we have to use one of the listed archetypes? If I were to make, say, a druid, would I have to be plains domain or could I be a vanilla druid?

I had originally thought on this.   But as  I had omitted other classes based on the fact I wanted to keep the theme going with it being about a horse company,  their mounts will be part of it.  I through had by mistake omitted another of the arch types that a druid could take, that being a wild rider.   That would  perhaps be close enough to being vanilla druid to your liking.   

Here is a link to that arch type.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/necromancers-of-the-northwest---druid-archetypes/wild-rider

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also like to give explanation for anyone else that looks and ponders joining the game.   As I stated envisioning running a campaign centered around a horse company and its exploits.   Like for example the Sarmatian  knights in King Arthur.  To use classes in a way and arch types that normally would not be used in a regular dungeon campaign.     So basically a niche campaign that is different from other campaigns.

I set it for NC-erotic for the most part as I brainstormed the idea.   To allow it to be descriptive in describing humanoid attacks on farmsteads and such.    However,  the darkness of the campaign to the sexual level I leave to the players.   As I am happy to go in any depth and direction with those that want to participate.  In regards to how dark or carnal the group wants it.       

So for anyone else, if your interested in trying something different.   Breaking away from the usual character build.   Give it a try here.

Muse

I'm building you a Rough Rider EFG.  Human male. 

I'm not stuck on the idea.  If we need someone different I'm happy to switch class or gender  :) 

(and if you decide you'd like to play up   Non-con against the PCs, I'm quite happy to switch gender.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Muse on April 29, 2014, 05:59:43 AM
I'm building you a Rough Rider EFG.  Human male. 

I'm not stuck on the idea.  If we need someone different I'm happy to switch class or gender  :) 

(and if you decide you'd like to play up   Non-con against the PCs, I'm quite happy to switch gender.)

A Rough Rider sounds good.  Right now everything is needed basically.    So whoever you like to play.   Be it male or female, such is up to you.   Through hope to have a balance ratio if possible for the group or close to it.    As for non-con happening against the players.    That can very well happen if that is what the players would like to have happen within the campaign.    :P     

SheerFantasia

Hi ESG!  I'd like to throw in my pitch for this.

Just to check some options on unmentioned classes that could possibly used as cavalry units:

• Is the Samurai alternate-class available (given that it is an alternate version of the Cavalier class)?
  • The Monk class features the Sohei archetype (monks on horseback I guess  :P)?
Will aerial mounts be acceptable to obtain (when characters are at relevant levels)?.

Metro Mech

I have a character at the ready if you want to see it
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

Belisuavious

Elven Sex Goddess

Welcome SheerFantasia   Yes I thought upon the Samurai.  I left it out for simple reason seen it more as an Oriental flavor and already accomplished with Cavalier.   However I think a restricted allowance of one would be alright.  A foreign born noble or soldier that pledges to help the kingdom of Valaria

As for the other Sohei once again Oriental flavor.  However,  I could see it applied to Monks of the West.   If thinking in a terms of a earth like world.   So yes to allowing them.   

Godric the Radical  great,  can pm or post here.   At your discretion in regards.     

Jecter glad for the spark of interest, hope that it can bloom into a desire to play. 

Finally a map of the immediate world the campaign will be run in.   

Metro Mech

One question, does inquisitor count since it is a mixture of paladin and Cleric?
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
Behold my O/O

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 29, 2014, 06:50:24 PM
One question, does inquisitor count since it is a mixture of paladin and Cleric?

Sorry it does not, so a no for the inquisitor.

Green Goo Theory

I'm interested but unsure on which character to start with.  If nothing else mounted combat is entirely alien to me and Pathfinder is (relatively) new to me.  Played an alchemist and standard druid only so far and made the mistake of building the druid like I would for 3.5 so PF's new wildshape rules (since I built feats entirely for that instead of spellcasting) really screwed me over.

I can play either male or female as well. 
Coming soon...

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on April 29, 2014, 08:01:21 PM
I'm interested but unsure on which character to start with.  If nothing else mounted combat is entirely alien to me and Pathfinder is (relatively) new to me.  Played an alchemist and standard druid only so far and made the mistake of building the druid like I would for 3.5 so PF's new wildshape rules (since I built feats entirely for that instead of spellcasting) really screwed me over.

I can play either male or female as well. 

That is no problem.   I and many of those pledging to join in are more then willing to help and answer any questions that you have arise in regards to character and rules regarding mounted combat.   

Either will be fine,  as I like you to play with what you want in regards to male or female character.

Metro Mech

Well will you give me some time I should get another character sheet together
Behold my O/O

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 29, 2014, 08:56:47 PM
Well will you give me some time I should get another character sheet together

Sure that is no problem.     

Metro Mech

what has been the least done class for this RP?
Behold my O/O

Elven Sex Goddess

Right now for sure a Rough Rider (Fighter) is the most definite.  The others right now are all tentative.  A druid,  a paladin.   Finally perhaps a Samurai or Sohei.  Through most are mulling over the choices.   

I want you and everyone else to play what you and everyone else  want to.   Especially since I know it is a niche game and the choices are limited already.   If you come out lacking something,  I will provide it in one form or another.   Such as npc's to perhaps rations of clw potions given out for each patrol/mission.     

SheerFantasia

Thank you for the answer ESG.  I'll probably settle on the Samurai then (though if it does cause problem, I can easily revert to the Cavalier).  Race will probably be human, half-elf, or aasimar.  It will probably be a male character, though if the ratio of male to female is disproportionate I can switch to a female one.

I'll work on a CS at first available opportunity.

Muse

Shaitan

I would like to express interest in playing the party scout and resident mounted archer, a half elven horselord ranger trapper if the second archetype would be ok.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Expressing interest in a centaur...Most of these classes have benefits of 'mounts' which would not be appropriate for a centaur. For example classes which either gain a mount (Barbarian Mounted Fury) or get bonuses to their mount (Fighter Rough Rider). The former is just plain pointless. With the latter, how would it be handled? Would 'bonuses to the mount' be counted for the character?

Picturing a male centaur, and rather a rough customer (I would've gone barb or fighter in a heartbeat if the campaign class requirement for barb didn't 'gain a mount').

Thoughts, ESG? And is ESG okay? I only call one other woman 'Goddess'. ;)

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Green Goo Theory

I completely forgot about this.  Is it still alive?  any other posted character interest to see what everyone's playing? 
Coming soon...