Humanimal Gladiators (OOC/Closed)

Started by LadyNitrate, October 20, 2011, 07:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeauDésastre

Hello :) I'm the friend that Jay mentioned earlier. I like the idea you have going here and if no one else has dibbsed it, I'd like to take a Hare spot. :)
It is a Soldier not a minister who has given us freedom of religion.
It is a Soldier not a reporter who has given us freedom of the press.
It is a Soldier not a poet who has given us freedom of speech.
It is a Soldier not a lawyer who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is a Soldier not a politician who has given us the right to vote.
It is a Soldier who salutes the flag
Who serves beneath the flag, Whose coffin is draped by the flag & Who lets a protester burn the flag
Who Gives Us Our Freedom.

Vaulera

No one has yet, hare seems to be welcomed. The hyphen precedes the people playing those animals.

BeauDésastre

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Before Her Splice I’ve yet to find a good hare furry pic, so the after will have to wait a bit. XP
Name: Delilah “Dee” Fredrick
Fight Name: Quicksilver
Splice: Hare
Strengths: Uses her speed to dart in and out, hammering her opponent’s  weak points until they work themselves to exhaustion
Weaknesses: Is only about 5’2” so larger opponents have the upper hand over her, she doesn’t do well in cramped spaces or large crowds.
Weapon of Choice: Kick Greaves (basically boots with blades along the front and back, perfect for strong leg muscles and quick reflexes)
Armor: She doesn’t like to be closed in by much armor so she limits herself to shin and forearm guards, a vest, and her boots.
Winning Streak: 16
People Killed: 6
People Spared:0 (believes that the strongest will survive. If she spares an opponent they could become stronger than she is and kill her later.)
Personality: Very introverted, she doesn’t really like to socialize, never has. Her time in The Pitt has turned her into a cold, suspicious person. If you talk to her, you have a motive for doing so and people with motives aren’t to be trusted in her mind.
Biography: Moved across the country following a dream of becoming a Broadway Star. Her parents wanted her to go into the Medical Field and thus had nothing to do with her after she left. Alone in a big city she was easy prey and one night after a rehearsal she vanished. No one knows where she went and the case became cold. Everyone believes her to be dead.
Extra: Two scars run from just above her eyebrow to the edge of her jaw, one crossing over her eye, on the left side of her face. A reminder of her first fight and why she never shows mercy.
Who serves beneath the flag, Whose coffin is draped by the flag & Who lets a protester burn the flag

LadyNitrate

Hey! There's another girl. This is wonderful. Accepted, I'll be editing you in shortly. Thanks for joining.
"If I can't annoy anyone, what point is there in writing?" Kingsley Amis

LadyN's O/O's Ideas Preferences

BeauDésastre

Jason

8-) Success  8-)

Right then, I'll have another little look around for more members.

LadyNitrate

Alright, I personally am pretty anxious to start. I'd hate to be like well we're starting anyway, it's not exactly fair but I an be an impatient person.

Jason

Wait 24 hours. That way you can say you've been patient enough. I generally follow that rule.

But...it's your RP and, consequentally, your choice.

LadyNitrate

I've got some other roleplays going so I can wait 24 hours. That will also give me enough time to come up with an epic first post.

Ironwolf85

I'm thinking of entering most of my other RP's are moving slow.
I am looking at either an equine or cobra
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Vaulera

Although we don't have an equine yet another serpent might not go amiss.

LadyNitrate

Yeah we don't have an equine. I wouldn't mind another serpent. If I may ask, what gender where you thinking of joining as?

Vaulera

I have yet to see an amphibian and they seem like they have some cool potential.

Ironwolf85

I am thinking a male hooded cobra named Kassad, he's actually a third generation american immigrant, being from a low income family they turned to cheap splicing to solve some medical problems, he was easily found after the mutations and was slaped with an arabian theme when he thrown into the pitt. still thinking of ideas for how to lay him
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

LadyNitrate

Well that's not exactly how the splicing works. You don't turn to it because you've had some medical problems. The splicing is done in the facility and after that you stay there. Are you sure that you read everything carefully?

Vaulera

I don't think splicing would be cheap or possible outside of a scientific or military environment.

LadyNitrate

Well I've written up the first post. I think I will be posting it soon. I'm putting it in Light Exotic Small Groups. Hope no one has a problem with that.

Jason

Yeah, don't see a problem there. Afterall, it's not the sex that would be considered gorey, but the fights!

Ironwolf85

oh I'll re-read and cpome up with some stuff later this week

LadyNitrate

Alright! I've posted. Please, don't feel inclined to write as much as I have. But, I hope you enjoy!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=122898.0

shengami

Hmm, still room?  I have an idea for a fox or amphibian, not sure yet as to what.  I'd roll a male, as I am not comfy with female rolls.

As for females...  have you tried headhunting using the search engine?

Last note, I am actually more interested in a deer/antelope type...  but, I did not see it amongst the options.  What the chance of that being allowed?  The fox and Salamander are secondary options for me.

Ko

Hello,

Newbie here.  A newbie with a time challenge so I'll be honest and suggest that you're clearly taking something of a risk in letting me into this play. I could be worth it, though :)

I'm proposing I play an amphibian - sounds different and I suspect you'll have less of a queue for them. I'll drop in the charsheet below for your appraisal.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Steve Ricks

Fight Name: Slaak

Splice: Steve was spliced with a Monkey Frog

Strengths: Quick, tall, able to jump and adjust skin colour - researchers had hoped Slaak would be able to produce hallucinogens  from his skin but just as the toxic frog types this seems to have failed.

Weaknesses: Inexperienced, weak

Weapon of Choice: A clutch of slender throwing knives

Armor: Spiked leather

Winning Streak: Zero

People Killed: None, well, not in the Pitt.

People Spared: None

Personality: Slaak would seem not to be one of the most powerful gladiators but his demeanour does not betray that. Instead he is quiet, understated but also confident and certain. He does converse with the other gladiators but abstains from gossip. At times he appears to be cheerfully fatalistic - as if he knows his time in the pitt may be brief.

Biography: Rick was born at sea in a huge oil tanker. His mother had an 18 month commission to help guide the giant vessel from the desert states to the oil hungry western ports. He was an immature baby, his birth brought on, in part, due to his mother's shock and distress at Somalian pirate attack on the vessel. The pirates were ruthless, many sailors were killed and the rest taken captive. His mother died in captivity. Years later he was sold by the pirates to an underground and poorly funded lab. Against his will he was spliced. He has been sold many times since and ended up at the Pitt very recently. A likely end to his strange life.

Extra: Knows many languages thanks to his a life travelling being sold around the world.
✓ Is there synergy? My ONs & OFFs
✓ I'd like to hear your sexy RP idea.  Or you could check out one of mine.

LadyNitrate

Until we get a few more girls in here, I'm sorry but I won't be able to accept any more male characters. I don't want the men to out number the women by an outrageous amount. It's pretty bad as it is.

Ko

Understood. That makes sense.

Should I consider myself in the queue or should I read this as a maybe next time? If I'm in the queue then I'll keep an eye on the unfolding fights and drama to keep up to date.
✓ Is there synergy? My ONs & OFFs
✓ I'd like to hear your sexy RP idea.  Or you could check out one of mine.

LadyNitrate

Of course, but it goes by order of application of course. If two more girls join there will be spots up for you both. That kind of deal. I will pm you if I think you aren't paying attention or something.