A Star Wars d20...Show of hands please

Started by RogueJedi, December 22, 2005, 06:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natalie C. Barney

The Force? huh.... Wouldn't it be easier to just use a blaster than that mystic mumbo jumbo? LOL  ;)

Well its not my problem its my job to pilot and keep the ship operational, and if a Imperial Destroyer shows up get creative in running away. LOL  :D
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Vice

so if we're using the point buy system for ability scores, are we using only 25 points? Or do we get more?

Vice

I have two ideas for characters. I present the first: Zariah Quibb, a "fixer" (information broker) from Corellia. Mischievous, nosy, and always into something. She knows a lot of people, and is always meeting more. She tends to dress to distract, when possible.And just in case, she carries a big pistol. ;)

"Zariah Quibb: Female Human Scoundrel 2/Noble 3; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Defense +15 (+3 class, +2 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 25/10; Atk+5 ranged (3d8/20 or DC 18 stun, Blaster, heavy, range 8 m) or +1/+1 ranged (3d8/20, Blaster, heavy with Multifire, range 8 m); SQ Favor +2, Illicit barter, Inspire Confidence, Lucky (1/day); SV Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +5; SZ M; Rep 1; Str 8, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 16, Challenge Code C.

Skills: Bluff+10, Diplomacy+12, Disable Device+11, Disguise+9, Forgery+8, Gamble+7, Gather Information+10, Hide+10, Knowledge (streetwise)+8, Listen+7, Move Silently+9, Search+8, Sense Motive+10, Sleight of Hand+7, Spot+7.

Feats: Influence, Stealthy, Trustworthy, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons)."               

ZK

I'll play too if you want me to, kitten.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Xerial

I could probably toss something together, provided I can get my grubby little hands on the resources... likely a slicer, or my tried and true ex-Imperial soldier...

Natalie C. Barney

I just need someone to do my character when everything is ready to go.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Vice

Well if you like the writeup I suggested, I could modify it to a final version once we get all the details sorted out on char gen parameters. Probably pump up your dex a bit...equipment wise, you might be able to afford an armored spacesuit.

RogueJedi

Sorry guys.  Real life caught up with me this week.  For everyone else who has expressed an interest, cool, you are definitely invited.  As for the rest, I am going to PM the goddesses to create a board for us.  I will have all info posted there for characters and such as necessary.

Anathanasia

Damn, that new pic thingie of yours is freaking me out, RJ. Creeeeeeepppyy!

I'm still up for the game, of course, and can't wait to get a good crack on a character. As usual, I got tons of ideas so I'm maleable depending on what other people want to play. My first choice is for twi'lek 'spy' kind of thing. I'm not sure with class would suit that best, but I'll figure it out when the time comes.

Of course, it also means when we're dealing directly with the Empire she may get to play the slave of one of the human PCs...hehe...  ;)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

ZK

On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Soldier Lee

In what time line will we be in if we are in the clone war time line or a little after i would like to play a roge clone commando if we are in that time area. I'v not played in the d20 i'v played the old stile starwars and i cant get any of the books to make up a pc if you like i'll make up his history and  character descriptions and i'll let you do his stats if that is ok. i won't be able to post every day for ware i'm at and some times i have to go out to play with the bad kids in the sand. just let me know  ok thanks  ;)
Playing with the bad kids in the sand.And i got all the good toys hehehehehe.

Unwilling- Master
The Shadows of Rebellion - SGT D

Natalie C. Barney

Quote from: Vice on December 27, 2005, 05:45:38 PM
Well if you like the writeup I suggested, I could modify it to a final version once we get all the details sorted out on char gen parameters. Probably pump up your dex a bit...equipment wise, you might be able to afford an armored spacesuit.

I like her but push the pilot and grease monkey aspects, I tend to favor specialized characters more but she should be able to shoot a blaster and fight- somewhat. So go with the Gearhead and Spacer focus and go for Skill Focus (Pilot or whatever you use to steer transports for Level 6). Oh and just in case NOBODY TELL ME THE ODDS OF SUICIDAL PILOTING MANEUVERS! lol  ;)

Call her maybe JANARA SOLTU sounds science fictiony enough.
Natalie Clifford Barney

RogueJedi

Ok, while we wait for the board to be created, here is some character generation info for everyone.

First of all, we are using the point buy system for your ability scores.  Instead of the standard 25 points for a first level character... I am giving 32 points right out of the gate.  The stats will be used for combat and necessary checks, but I want the characters to be able to handle themselves against a variety of tough individuals.  Also, I will give you max level of skill points per level that your class can take.

Second, all PCs will be level 5.  You must PM me your character sheet and a decent background for your character before I give you approval.  An example of a rough background will be at the bottom of this post.  Also, any player wishing to try a Force sensitive character... might not like it.  We are 10 years after Revenge of the Sith and 10 years before A New Hope.  Jedi are hunted down anytime they are found.  So, it will be difficult to play a Force Sensitive character, though I think it will be fair to say that we might run up against some in our adventure.

The group is a part of the fledgling Corellian Resistance.  The formal Rebel Alliance has yet to be formed, and the Corellian Resistance is the largest of the Resistance groups in the galaxy.  Nonhumans are also considered lower-class and have fewer freedoms, just so you know.

If there are any questions, let me know.  We'll be up soon, I think.

Dominique No'resska
Scoundrel 5

Dominique is an 18 year old who has spent the last four years living among the undercity of Coronet.  Her
father had disappeared without a trace, nearly ten years ago, just after Palpatine declared himself
Emperor.  Her mother was an actress and was too busy to take care of her daughter.  Dominique fell in
with a few gangs before being rescued by Inspector Hal Horn of Corellian Security.  She was put into a
foster home, though she soon ran away and was found by a man named Rendar.  He gave her the opportunity
to prove herself to him.

She thought it was like any other initiation rite into a gang.  However, when she completed the task, he
pulled her aside and informed her that she was now a resistance fighter.  She became very good at using
her talents with acting and such to find out whatever her superiors wanted to know, and by the time that
she turned eighteen, she was made a lieutenant and placed in command of the Corellian Resistance's first
SpecOps team, the Eclipse Company.  She was in command of the Intel team, while her new boyfriend was
made a lieutenant and put in command of the Commando team.

Dominique had a talent for finding the best people at what they did, and "convincing" them to join the
Resistance.  She still had a bit of thuggery in her, and to betray her meant a painful, slow death at her
hands.  However, she was totally committed to the cause of the Resistance, as they had given her her
first real taste of family.  She would proudly give her life, fighting for the freedom of the galaxy.

As far as what she prefers to look like, Dominique typically wears a black leotard underneath functional
clothing.  She does wear a uniform when required to, but she prefers to wear whatever is comfortable to
her at the time.

Height: 5'4
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair: Red and black, shoulder length
Eyes: Grey
Other stats: 34C-22-33

shadowheart

I remain interested, as RogueJedi knows .. Working on a character with her help.

A soldier .. demolitions expert.  Good with blasters and blowing things up *g*

Natalie C. Barney

Quote from: RogueJedi on January 01, 2006, 12:34:10 PM
Ok, while we wait for the board to be created, here is some character generation info for everyone.

First of all, we are using the point buy system for your ability scores.  Instead of the standard 25 points for a first level character... I am giving 32 points right out of the gate.  The stats will be used for combat and necessary checks, but I want the characters to be able to handle themselves against a variety of tough individuals.  Also, I will give you max level of skill points per level that your class can take.

Second, all PCs will be level 5.  You must PM me your character sheet and a decent background for your character before I give you approval.  An example of a rough background will be at the bottom of this post.  Also, any player wishing to try a Force sensitive character... might not like it.  We are 10 years after Revenge of the Sith and 10 years before A New Hope.  Jedi are hunted down anytime they are found.  So, it will be difficult to play a Force Sensitive character, though I think it will be fair to say that we might run up against some in our adventure.

The group is a part of the fledgling Corellian Resistance.  The formal Rebel Alliance has yet to be formed, and the Corellian Resistance is the largest of the Resistance groups in the galaxy.  Nonhumans are also considered lower-class and have fewer freedoms, just so you know.

If there are any questions, let me know.  We'll be up soon, I think.

Dominique No'resska
Scoundrel 5

Dominique is an 18 year old who has spent the last four years living among the undercity of Coronet.  Her
father had disappeared without a trace, nearly ten years ago, just after Palpatine declared himself
Emperor.  Her mother was an actress and was too busy to take care of her daughter.  Dominique fell in
with a few gangs before being rescued by Inspector Hal Horn of Corellian Security.  She was put into a
foster home, though she soon ran away and was found by a man named Rendar.  He gave her the opportunity
to prove herself to him.

She thought it was like any other initiation rite into a gang.  However, when she completed the task, he
pulled her aside and informed her that she was now a resistance fighter.  She became very good at using
her talents with acting and such to find out whatever her superiors wanted to know, and by the time that
she turned eighteen, she was made a lieutenant and placed in command of the Corellian Resistance's first
SpecOps team, the Eclipse Company.  She was in command of the Intel team, while her new boyfriend was
made a lieutenant and put in command of the Commando team.

Dominique had a talent for finding the best people at what they did, and "convincing" them to join the
Resistance.  She still had a bit of thuggery in her, and to betray her meant a painful, slow death at her
hands.  However, she was totally committed to the cause of the Resistance, as they had given her her
first real taste of family.  She would proudly give her life, fighting for the freedom of the galaxy.

As far as what she prefers to look like, Dominique typically wears a black leotard underneath functional
clothing.  She does wear a uniform when required to, but she prefers to wear whatever is comfortable to
her at the time.

Height: 5'4
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair: Red and black, shoulder length
Eyes: Grey
Other stats: 34C-22-33

Well I can do the background nbut I think vice will do the character sheet I'll PM both to you the system is touchy on my PC so may not be able to rely and all easily.  :(
Natalie Clifford Barney

RogueJedi

Just thought everyone could see my PC for the game.  Hope you like...

Dominique No'resska:  Female Human Scoundrel 5; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Defense +16 (+4 class, +2 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 35/12; Atk+5 ranged (3d6/20 or DC 15 stun, Blaster pistol DL-18, range 10 m) or +1/+1 ranged (3d6/20, Blaster pistol DL-18 with Multifire, range 10 m) or +3 melee (2d4/20, Vibrodagger); SQ Illicit barter, Lucky (1/day), Precise attack +1; SV Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; SZ M; Rep 1; Str 11, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 14, Challenge Code C.

Skills: Appraise+7, Astrogate+5, Bluff+6, Computer Use+7, Craft (costumes)+5, Diplomacy+5, Disable Device+7, Disguise+8, Entertain (dance)+4, Escape Artist+6, Forgery+11, Gamble+3, Gather Information+13, Hide+6, Intimidate+8, Knowledge (streetwise)+7, Listen+3, Move Silently+8, Repair+7, Search+5, Sense Motive+3, Sleight of Hand+4, Spot+3, Tumble+4.

Feats: Dodge, Martial Arts, Persuasive, Skill Emphasis (Gather Information), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (vibro weapons).

shadowheart

Ok, here's my character's stat block.  Her background will be posted separately

Jana Feireton:  Female Human Soldier 5; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Defense +18 (+5 class, +3 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 65/16; Atk+8 ranged (3d8/19-20 or DC 15 stun, Blaster carbine E-5, range 20 m) or +2/+2/+2 ranged (3d8/19-20, Blaster carbine E-5 with Multifire and Rapid Shot, range 20 m); SV Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +1; SZ M; Rep 1; Str 12, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 10, Challenge Code C.

Equipment: Blast helmet, vest (DR 2).

Skills: Climb+3, Computer Use+5, Demolitions+12, Disable Device+5, Knowledge (engineering)+5, Pilot+5, Search+3, Spot+3, Treat Injury+6.

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Skill Emphasis (Demolitions), Weapon Focus (Blaster rifle), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster rifles), Weapon Group Proficiency (heavy weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (vibro weapons).

shadowheart

Ok, here's Jana's background.

Jana is a mercenary.  Or rather, she was.  She and a small company used to work for the Hutts,
enforcing their will and regulations.  However, she soon tired of this.  The Empire held no place in
her heart, and she learned, through her sources, of the resistance. 

She is not an ideologue, nor does she let little things like ethics get in the way of doing a job.  Her
interest in the rebellion is as another job .. one that isn't the empire, nor one of the criminal
organizations with the Hutts.

Her loyalty is not in question, however.  Once she places her loyalty with a group it is hard to
shake.  Her break with the Hutts was a notable exception, and even now she hesitates to go
against them.  If the Resistance were to conduct operations against her old employers, she would
likely request to not be on such an operation.

Jana was born on Nar Shadaa, the Smuggler's Moon .  Her parents were themselves mercenaries for the Hutts, first-generation Corellian transplants, and she inherited the 'family business' as it were.  She spent many years, from age 18 to age 26, in the Hutts' service .. or more accurately, being part of a small company of mercenaries that worked for various Hutt crime and merchant bosses.

About five years ago, Jana decided she had enough enforcing the will of criminals and quit the company.  Well, you can't just "quit" something like that, but her company arranged it so that she could leave without fear of being followed.

She quietly shopped around for legitimate employers, but found that ultimately the Empire was the only other 'legitimate' option.  She could not stomach the Empire, for what it had done to the galaxy.  So, she started looking for 'illegitimate' contracts.  She found the Resistance, and using contacts that were in fact Rebel sympathizers anyways, put her in contact with Eclipse Company.  She did a for-hire demolitions job, and decided after that to remain with the Resistance rather than hiring herself out any more.

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair: Shoulder length, wavy red
Eyes: Green
skin: Light tan

Xerial

Still interested, just getting access to the books... cooking up ideas as we speak...

RogueJedi

Ok, that sounds good.  Just let me know your character background and stats before you post them in public.  That way I can approve them and move forward.  Anyone else?

strangely made

Here is my character , background to come soon-ish

"Blythwin Topeck:  Female Human Soldier 5; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Defense +18 (+5 class, +3 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 65/16; Atk+8 ranged (3d6/20 or DC 14 stun, Blaster pistol DH-23, range 8 m) or +2/+2/+2 ranged (3d6/20, Blaster pistol DH-23 with Multifire and Rapid Shot, range 8 m); SV Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +1; SZ M; Rep 1; Str 10, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 13, Challenge Code C.

Equipment: Blast helmet, vest (DR 2).

Skills: Computer Use+5, Craft (electronic devices)+9, Disable Device+4, Forgery+2, Gather Information+5, Intimidate+3, Knowledge (streetwise)+3, Knowledge (forensics)+5, Listen+1, Move Silently+3, Pilot+5, Profession (law officer)+2, Search+3, Sense Motive+2.

Feats: Ambidexterity, Armor Proficiency (light), Armor Proficiency (medium), Dodge, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Street Smart, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster rifles), Weapon Group Proficiency (heavy weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (vibro weapons)."   

Natalie C. Barney

I know this is unsolicited, but I thought I'd suggest a few things you could do stat-wise for your tomboyish spacer girl (my favorite kind!)

Hmm...no idea how we're getting our ability scores, so this will use the standard point buy from the rulebook . Your final ability scores will probably be better than this...these are just suggestions for how to get the effect you want.

Scout level 5

STR 12
DEX 16
CON 12 (11 +1 from bonus ability point at level 4)
INT 14
WIS 12
CHA 13
BAB: +3 (melee atk +3, ranged atk +6)
Fort +4, Reflex +6, Will +3
Defense: 17, Wounds 12, Vitality 13 +4d8 (average of about 30; you'll probably roll better than this)
Languages: Basic, Huttese (bonus from INT; Huttese is a good language for shipping types to know if you were going out on runs to the boondocks of the Star Wars galaxy...otherwise I'd go with Rodian)

Feats: This is the fun part. Scouts get a bonus feat at first level, as do humans.
1st level Scout Feat: Starship Operation (SpaceTransport)
Human bonus feat: Spacer (+2 bonus to pilot and Astrogate, which will make for shorter hyperspace jumps and better manuevers when piloting)
1st level feat: Gearhead (+2 Repair and Computer Use)
3rd level feat: Starship Dodge (make sure you put your 3rd level skill points into raising pilot to 6)

One thing to think about in the future is allocating some skill points to buying Tumble as a cross-class skill (that's 2-for-1) up to 4 (you could do this by level 5, and it would cost you a total of 8 points) in order to qualify for Zero-G Training. It nullifies penalties for operating in zero-gravity, but given that Tumble is cross-class for you, and how limited the use of the feat was, I left it out of my equation.

Skills: Scouts get plenty of these. And you're a human, which means you get even more. Skill ranks are listed first; skill totals (what you'll be adding to your rolls), which include feats and ability scores, are in parentheses

Astrogate 8 (9) (11 w/Spacer feat)
Computer Use 5 (6) (8 w/ Gearhead)
Disguise 3 (4)
Hide 8 (11)
Move Silently 8 (11)
Pilot 8 (11) (13 w/Spacer feat)
Repair 8 (9) (11 w/ Gearhead)
Spot 8 ( 8 )
Survival 8 (8)

Pick two more languages to speak, or raise survival or disguise by 2.

I hope this is helpful. ;)

Ok I added the points to get to 32, I think that's the amount. I went for the DEDICATED SPACER she grew up literally on ships and space stations her father and mother both into piloting and repairing with the occassional on world duty that made them wish to be back in space. So she can fly transports, repair transports and pretty much lives on ships. She earned a nice living being a combination grease monkey and ace pilot for a woman in her early 20's. Now I need to add skills her Int went up so should have 5 more plus what might not have been spent? Also I need skills based off my new stats recalculated.
Natalie Clifford Barney

RogueJedi

OK, we now have a board!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=157.0

Also, Natalie.  I will put your character through my character generator and fix it up nicely.  If there is anything that needs to be fixed, I'll talk with you.  If you can access Excel documents, then you'll be able to read it when I send the stuff back to you.

Vice

I'll post a background and help out with more character building if people need it in a few days...work is keeping me busy right now. Things should calm down a bit by sunday or tuesday.

RogueJedi

Ok, I know that several of you have characters that have not been posted to the Vault on the thread.  Some are missing some things, but I would like to get the campaign started soon, so please do get your character's stats and background to me for approval.  Thanks.