News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Saving Drafts?

Started by immabanana, December 04, 2013, 11:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

immabanana

Hello lovelies!

I was just wondering if there is a way to save drafts of your writing in case you get right into the middle of a post and have to leave it for whatever reason, or if something like this is planned or has-been and taken out?

I know that saving whatever you have typed up to your choice of documents program works just fine, but having them saved right onto the site and in cyber space would be a great and much loved convenience.

And if this isn't possible, what's a program of choice you would recommend? I absolutely detest Word and actually prefer the simplicity of Notepad, but let's face it, it's not the greatest tool in the box.
O/O's || Cravings & Ideas || A/A's

Nana is seeking new victims partners.

"I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing."

Avis habilis

I write everything on Google Drive (https://drive.google.com/), then copy & paste it to post when it's ready.

Oniya

The only thing I have to do with Notepad is remember to type in my text-coding as I go.  I've actually gotten to the point where I don't use the little clicky-buttons for anything but the {size} command - if I don't, I forget that tiny text is {size=6pt} and not {size=6}.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Autumn Sativus

For those 'oops' cases, Lazarus form recovery is a great add-on/extension that saves your writing. Just google it for whichever browser you use.

I always just PM'd myself when I had to walk away in the middle of a post.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Caeli

Quote from: Avis habilis on December 04, 2013, 11:39:40 AM
I write everything on Google Drive (https://drive.google.com/), then copy & paste it to post when it's ready.
Quote from: Saffron on December 04, 2013, 11:47:53 AM
For those 'oops' cases, Lazarus form recovery is a great add-on/extension that saves your writing. Just google it for whichever browser you use.

I always just PM'd myself when I had to walk away in the middle of a post.

I do this. :-) The combination (though Google Drive just rocks, hands down) seems to work really well.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

jouzinka

I know that storing things on the site would be awesome and it has been suggested for the new CMS that is being worked on.

Until then, the mentioned methods are probably the best.

I use Dropbox, so I have documents there of my RPs. Type on there on my tablet or computer, any saved changes get automatically synched.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Castiel

I personally use Evernote. You can download the app on any mobile device or tablet. There is even a desktop app AND you can access from their website too. It syncs everything under a username and you can har notebooks to keep your posts organized and stuff too.

Elina

That add on that Saffy mentioned is amazingly helpful if you're like me and prefer to write your posts on here rather than a word processing program.

immabanana

Quote from: Oniya on December 04, 2013, 11:45:31 AM
The only thing I have to do with Notepad is remember to type in my text-coding as I go.  I've actually gotten to the point where I don't use the little clicky-buttons for anything but the {size} command - if I don't, I forget that tiny text is {size=6pt} and not {size=6}.

I also hardly ever use the clicky buttons. When I get into writing mode it seems as if coding just kind of appears!

Quote from: jouzinka on December 04, 2013, 06:20:29 PM
I know that storing things on the site would be awesome and it has been suggested for the new CMS that is being worked on.

Until then, the mentioned methods are probably the best.

I use Dropbox, so I have documents there of my RPs. Type on there on my tablet or computer, any saved changes get automatically synched.

Oooooo. It makes me happy to know that it might be added.

I think I too will attempt to use a combination of Lazarus and Google Drive.
I've used google drive before and it was never all that complicated. I'm a wee bit simple sometimes.
I don't have much use for syncing with my phone since I hardly ever use it.

Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions!

O/O's || Cravings & Ideas || A/A's

Nana is seeking new victims partners.

"I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing."