Betrayed...but by who

Started by Lady Jenn, January 05, 2012, 05:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"As weird as this sounds I'm not sure," Yuchi said as he climbed in just after Petra had. "Alexey bought it for me when I joined the Firebrand Corporation, he forgot to tell me the price," he said with a laugh.

"Firebrand Corporation..." Petra said under her breath, evidently mulling it over. "He must like you a lot to be handing you gifts like this, my parents wouldn't buy me a car like this, nevermind my friends."

"I think Keeley may have encouraged him," Yuchi replied. "She's been more welcoming than Alexey has, I haven't figured out why he's so frosty towards me though."

"I can take a guess why," Petra mouthed to Skylar in such a way she hoped Yuchi didn't notice.

Animegurl5

She shot a look at Petra though thouroughly amused. "If you don't mind me asking, why the Firebrand Coporation? I mean, out of all the Coporations you could have joined, why that one?" She asked, sounding genuinely curious.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Lady Jenn

"My brother, Muri, was one of Firebrand's original members," he replied. "I don't know what happened to him. He phoned me one day to tell me that he had discovered something serious, that he needed to go away for a while but he would come back for me...three days later Alexey turns up at my door and says that my brother has 'retired' from the company and requested that I take his place. I needed a job and I didn't want to let my brother down."

"I've heard that term before," Petra said, leaning close enough to Skylar that only she could hear. "Its CIA terminology. I can't be sure but I fear Muri is dead, and what odds someone in the Inner Circle murdered him?"

Animegurl5

"Well, you must really have been proud of your brother then, to so willingly take his place. I think that it was great of you to do that for him." She smiled warmly though not before looking to Petra. "Should we look into it on the side?" Her voice was barely audible but still loud enough to reach Petra's ear.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

Lady Jenn

"We came from a family who..." Yuchi paused as he considered what to say. "Our family back home are very poor, all I and Muri ever wanted to do was get enough money to try and improve our parents' lives, Firebrand gives us enough money to do eaxactly that."

The reached the cafe where Keeley's Ferrari was already parked. As they came in they realised the only people there, aside from a couple of staff, were Morrison and Keeley.

"I offered them some money to shut the cafe to other customers," Keeley said. "Its the advantage of being stupidly rich."

Morrison walked over as if to kiss the two girls on their cheeks, glad to see that Yuchi had gone over to speak to Keeley anyway.

"I've discovered some rather interesting facts about Firebrand," Morrison said. "I don't know if I can get much else out of Keeley without raising her suspicion though."

"Same here," Petra replied. "When do we stop being polite and try using less subtle tactics? What do you think Skylar?"

Animegurl5

"I'm cool with whenever, but not around the staff. We don't know if any of them will rat us out to the police. Once word of us gets out there is no going back so we have to choose wisely. I say now that we have them out of the party, we can pretty much go where we please so keep that in mind." She said all seriousness though her smile was large for acting purposes.

Lady Jenn

"You said yourself you were practically having to fight Keeley off," Petra said to Morrison, "and I suspect that Yuchi wouldn't need much encouragement to come back to our hotel room. It'd be safer there, plus I doubt Keeley will want the Inner Circle knowing she's off to...er...have some fun, if you catch my drift."

"We'll have to humour them here first though," Morrison said, suddenly noticing the other two were becoming impatient. He led the two girls over to the large table.

"What do you fancy drinking and eating?" Keeley asked. "Its on me so don't worry about whether you're buying something extravagant. You could buy everything on that menu and I still wouldn't be out of money."

Animegurl5

"I swear, Miss Keeley, you have enough money to buy the world and the moon with plenty left over." Skylar smiled and ordered just a cup of hot chocolate, not feeling very hungry at the moment. "Please excuse me for sounding a little childish but.... Are your jobs any fun? I know some people give up opportunities that come only once in a life time just becuase they love the job that they already had... But what about you guys? Do you guys ever have any fun at work." This question was more of a personal interest rather than for the mission but you never know what answers come your way when you ask the simplest of questions.

Lady Jenn

"My job pretty much involves staring at spreadsheets all day so its not what I'd describe as fun," Keeley said with a laugh. "Yuchi here gets us new customers, which does mean he gets to hang around a lot of people with very swanky sports cars."

"Yeah, but Alexey and co have the best jobs," Yuchi said. "Not that they tell me about them. Apparentely I don't have a high enough position in the company to know that kind of information."

Animegurl5

"Such a shame, I think everybody should work in a proffession that they love... That way the world wouldn't have so many problems. No matter, at least you get all those extravigant parties." She pondered over Yuchi's comment for a moment before deciding to ask him yet another question. "If they won't tell you about them, how do you know that they have the best jobs?"

Lady Jenn

"Because outside of me they get the biggest paychecks," Keeley said half in amusement and half in barely disguised annoyance. "The executive of the company earns a sum of money that the heads of most banks would feel envious of, but they've never told me how Firebrand got hold of all this money and I've never been inclined to dig too far down for answers."

Animegurl5

"Interesting." Skylar said, taking a sip of drink. "Kind of mysterious but then again it could just be another one of those corporate deals that nobody ever talks about." She mulled over the idea, falling silent as she thought it over.

Lady Jenn

"We shouldn't talk about just business," Yuchi said. "Its my birthday, we should at least try and have some fun before this night ends."

"I agree," Keeley said with a smile. "I don't spose you three have somewhere more private we could continue this party?"

"We have a penthouse suite we booked, we could go back there," Morrison said. "Assuming you two girls are okay with going back there," he said to Petra and Skylar.

Animegurl5

"I don't see why not. Could be rather fun, I have always been fond of birthday parties. What about you Natalya?" Giving the most adorable puppy pout possible she looked over at Petra. "Don't make me look like a total idiot here." She added as an after thought.

Lady Jenn

"I don't see why not," she replied. "Why don't you two go get the cars started while we finish up here?" Yuchi and Keeley disappeared out the door, leaving them alone.

"You've discovered something haven't you?" Morrison said to Petra.

"I don't know who she is but that woman is NOT Keeley Redmond," Petra replied. "Most of the profile I read is right, she's an incredibly bright woman, but something about the way she's acting seems a bit...off. I'm not saying she's a threat but we need to be careful."

Animegurl5

"Didn't the profile come with... I don't know, a profile picture? How can that not be Keeley? If she isn't one of our targets then what are we going to do?" Skylar growled clearly displeased but keeping her voice hushed.

Lady Jenn

"It did, but I don't know how old that picture of her was, Snake's is the only file with an updated picture," Petra replied. "At least since we're both armed we're protected in case things go wrong. We'd better go with them, they'll get suspicious otherwise."

They headed out, where the doors to each car were being held open for them. They climbed inside and sped off to the hotel, Petra feeling a little uneasy leaving Morrison in a car with a woman she wasn't sure they could trust anymore.

Animegurl5

"So do you like cake? Perhaps we could order some of the deserts from room service... If the food is even a fraction of how cool that place is, then we should be in for a real treat." She offered, trying to take her mind off of the fake Keeley. Her mind drifted to Morrison but she knew he was armed and ready to protect himself, in case things went wrong.

Lady Jenn

"I'd like that," Yuchi said with a smile. "Any kind of chocolate cake is good with me," he said with a laugh.

"Well I'm sure we can find you one of those," Petra replied with a smile. "Luckily for you chocolate is my favourite kind of cake too. "I can always get a bottle of champagne from the bar too if you want."

"I'd like that," Yuchi said, turning slightly red with embarrassment. "Sorry, I don't spend time with gorgeous women very often."

Animegurl5

"That can't possibly be true. For someone as handsome as yourself, you must have the ladies eating out of the palm of your hand." Flattery was certainly going to them somewhere with this guy for he seemed already nervous in the presence of Petra and Skylar. The more compliments the better, she figured it would be that way anyway. Though she had to admit it wasn't that hard to give him compliments, for he was kind of cute in his own way. She almost felt sorry for the guy but remembered what organization he now worked for.

Lady Jenn

"When you hang around a guy like Carlo you find girls tend to ignore anyone who isn't him, if you catch my drift," he said. "I've not even kissed a girl before."

"Really?" Petra asked, raising an eyebrow. "I'm sure me or Jessica could correct that if you wanted us to."

"Well-" he seemed to go even redder, glad to see that they had reached the hotel. "Guess you'd better show us to the penthouse then," he said, laughing nervously.

"We'd better keep a close eye on you know who," Petra said to Skylar quietly, glad to see that they had reached the hotel without losing anyone along the way.

Animegurl5

"I'll watch them both while you go get the champaign." She winked before addressing Yuchi. "Let's let Natalya here go find some things for our little party and I'll show you to the suite." She offered looking over at Petra to tell her not to be too far behind.

Lady Jenn

Morrison led them up to their suite, Yuchi letting out a gasp as he saw the room while Keeley looked around with a smile on her face.

"You must have some very rich friends yourself judging by this room," she said with a laugh. Suddenly she grabbed Yuchi and snogged him for a minute before letting him go. "You didn't think I'd let you and Natalya have ALL the attention off Yuchi did you," she said, laughing at the slightly flustered look that crossed Yuchi's face. "Besides, I know he's had a crush on me since we first met."

"Have I missed anything exciting?" Petra said as she came into the room, a cake and a bottle of champagne on the tray she was carrying, which she put on the table in front of them.

Animegurl5

"Oh nothing my dear Natalya, just watching our friend here get stolen away by Miss Keeley. You know I didn't think you were the type to do that, but I find it most amusing." She had to admit that it surprise her some but made her more suspicious than anything else. She did shoot Morrison a look that explained exactly how she felt at that moment.

Lady Jenn

"Except you aren't Keeley Redmond are you?" Petra asked, pulling the gun she had been hiding and pointed it at Keeley. "The guy at reception asked me if I knew you and when I mentioned your name he was a bit confused. He said your name was Izzy Redmond, and that he should know because you were his ex-girlfriend."

"I'm not the only one hiding something," Kelley said, pulling her own gun from her handbag. Her American accent had gone to be replaced by a Scottish one. "Fuck, just my luck you're staying at the one hotel in the whole US Ross happens to work at."

"Who are you?" Yuchi said, looking confused as he looked between Keeley and Petra.

"I'm sorry Yuchi," Keeley said. "My name is Izzy Redmond, I'm Keeley's identical twin sister, that's why the Inner Circle don't realise who I am." She reached into her dress and pulled out a card. "I work for MI6, I came to investigate after my sister went AWOL from the Inner Circle. As far as they're concerned I went on a short holiday, in reality I can't find any clues as to where Keeley went."