Deviations: The Outbreak (Superhero Semi-freeform) (Recruiting OPEN - 1/24/13)

Started by Adonis, November 02, 2013, 02:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adonis

I have no issues with it, no. Just keep in mind that you'll have the police on your behind for two reasons instead of one, and conflict/attempted killings among the Devi population may get unsavory.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Drake Valentine

Yes, yes. Unsavory. :3

That is what villainy is all about. Killing, taking over the world, building doomsday devices.

Or essentially not giving a shit like the Joker. xD  *Shuffles to muse on template while waiting all the other information on powers.*

I am assuming we pick default power to start off with? >_<

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Adonis

Yes. I just updated the first post with a large majority of them. Im filling in the rest now as we speak. If you have a specific one that is not done yet that you'd like to see, let me know and I'll skip to it. You start with one SL-1 symptom.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Drake Valentine

Nah, no need. Take your time, I will just work on template and wait when powers are all available before I go about my choosing. I am in no rush. ^^  Thank you for the thought though.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Twisted iN Tux

Doh. Sorry about that. Updated, with an image and all! I shall await your approval.

Adonis

Looks good to me Tux. Move em over to the approved character sheets thread, and say hello in the OOC :)
O/O's

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Drake Valentine

Character:
Name:
Shuu Miyagi  (Goes by: Kagi)
Ethnicity:
Japanese
Sex:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single
Previous (Or current) Profession:
Serial Killer Model Delinquent Citizen of Society

Appearance:
Hair:
Dyed Red
Eyes:
Red Contacts
Skin:
Pale
Weight:
155lbs
Height:
5'9"
Other:
Tattoos and various piercings all over his body, some of which are hidden from sight.

Information:

Personality:
Discipline, the origin of his name has been literally beaten into Shuu. Despite his brazing appearance, he is a very mellow, calm, and collective human being. For the choice profession that he has taken onto himself, one has to be careful and he carries his own sense of professionalism in doing what he does best, discretely as possible at that. Not to say there is not anything jaded about his character, hell everything is wrong about him underneath the surface of it all. Despite how rational he may act within public, he is a complete and utter psychopath when alone with others or in confrontation with those that may pick fights with him(or in some cases who he is hunting.)

He takes a sick sense of pleasure in dominating another individual, whether this is sexually or physically, it matters not. This even greater escalates if the victim was originally a culprit of such similar acts, oh how Shuu loves the sweet humiliation of defeat along their faces and if this is a secluded incident, why bless their corrupted, little hearts. Shuu may show a fraction of restraint in the public, but he is still quite brutal when confrontation meets his way. He just isn't the stupid type to go about using the newly power(s) that he has gained out in the open for the world to see. No one should ever do that, unless they are complete morons who believe they are unstoppable and Shuu is never that egotistic.

Because of these factors alone, he is able to blend into the crowd and continue to live as a normal human being. Well... Normal in most society accepting means. Sure there are those scuffles here and there, but he isn't openly performing terrorism. Now, behind the scenes people do go missing, his choice of victims currently linger on those that he believes deserve to die; mostly targeting criminals. Not to say this makes him a good guy by any means doing the system a solid, Shuu has his own warped principles and won't hesitate to kill anyone else who may cross him or that he perceives as a threat. Or they may just be completely victimize for him to get his jollies off, he is unpredictable when playing the 'vigilante' part.

(( This will be subjected to change as I do want him to go from vigilante to flat out villain. ))

Background:
To say Shuu had an ordinary life in America would be over exaggerating. Maybe his road was not the hardest, he was a bit of a problem child when younger. Fights here, fights there, and plenty of discipline beat into him from his parents. Now these events begun to escalate through his school days, the boy often came home with plenty of bruises and evidence that he may of been the victim of bullies. Concerned that this could be the case or that he may of started it himself, his family decided to send him to a dojo in hopes that a branch of martial arts would aid him in calming him down. He was taught self defense in jujutsu, learning various grapples and quick take downs, along with using an opponent's weight and mass against them. Sure enough this alone would minimize the possibility of him coming home with other injuries and may even help to teach him to be more friendly. Although that curve begun to hit a bump in the road when he started to injure other students in the dojo after patiently waiting to achieve his belt. Through training he tried other methods on those more potent and capable of defending themselves, these practices alone got him kicked from the dojo.

His highschool days were not much better, he often skipped school or went out of his way to find other dojos that he could join and train in to broaden his fighting style. Although most had witness his ways or were quick enough to catch his character to realize that he may be a problem to them and thus his experimentation never reach tenfold from where it begun. Not to say that his life was taking an additional downward spin when he returned late one night from skipping school to find a horrific scene involving his family.

The police had written it off as a simply burglary gone wrong as a young adult he told them the truth that he skipped out of school and went to play in town and came home to find things as they were. His alibi did check out and the graphic event on discovery has left a bit of a mark on his psych. Thankfully he did had some next of kin to take care of him, his Grandfather in Glenside/

Even his Grandfather saw that Shuu needed additional discipline and begun to instruct the teenager in the principles of Jeet Kune Do. Such was drill into Shuu day in and day out and finally the boy stopped skipping school out of fear that he may be beaten by his grandfather. A bit silly it may seem for a seventeen year old at that time, but the boy came down to reality that he probably wouldn't be anywhere currently as it stood. His former family was gone, the criminal at large, and police doing all that they can in finding the suspect. It was through these later years of life that Shuu would finally calm down and rationalize a lot better on the principles of life and where he may go from there.

Throughout the next decade after his graduation he has been working a moderate job, to say the least. Everything had been mostly going normal till his Grandpa and him went to get their vaccine shots. It wasn't much later that the hidden chemical of powers had negative effect upon his grandfather. Heart failure had became of his remaining parental figure and the cause of death seem much more normal when the body was examined. Of course, Shuu knew better, even at that man's age, he had seem perfectly fine, but it was insisted that the cause of death was natural. Furthermore suspicion arose when questions were piloted his way on his health. At the time he didn't think too deeply into it, told them nothing was wrong with him and that he was fine; though that alone arose more suspicion when he put thought into the matter.

The chemical substance was not the only thing causing a change to Shuu, after the discovery of something was afoot. It was odd when he was training alone, finding himself capable of generating heat within his hands and being the experimenting sort he notice he was able to create flames. This was something beyond the norm, going back to rationalizing over it and finding himself accidentally doing it, he knew he had to do something; but also he was positive he could not go to anyone about it. What was he to say, that he can start fires? That was insane and even if he could, he knew the government or doctors could not be trusted. There was only one path and that was to quit his job and balance out this new found power.  That alone wouldn't do it, he even went to the lengths of visually alternating his entire image. Maybe this was his method of grieving over what happened, maybe this was an escape from the real world, but whatever it was Shuu decided it best to create an entire new profile of himself, even if it ultimately meant to leave everything originally about him behind.

Like a phoenix he rose from the ashes of his former life and is now beginning his new adventure into the world. Not to say it is all that light and heartening, no, it is much darker than it seems. Shuu has taken it upon himself to prey upon many criminals, leaving behind questionable methods of death when they are found burned by unknown means.  Hell you have to get by one way or another in this world, especially if you burned away your entire identity to live as someone else. The name Shuu just a symbol of the past, the man currently goes by Kagi as of present date.

Symptoms:
Fire
SL - 1 - The Devi is able to heat the molecules in a small radius around his or her palms (roughly the size of a softball), combusting the air into providing a fuel source for flame. (He combines this with his martial arts in close quarters combat to inflict maximum damage on a target when he is going in for the kill, mostly potent during grapples.)

Hobbies and Interests:
Sex
Fire
Killing
Tattoos
Techno
Bondage
Piercings
Martial Arts

OOC Ons and Offs:

Adonis

O/O's

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Adonis

Nevermind, Flower pointed it out to me. Read it and it looks fine. Go ahead and move her over.
O/O's

Niferbelle

Adonis

Yes ma'am. Sorry about that, got caught up filling stuff in.
O/O's

Adonis

The list of symptoms you are able to choose from is now complete, and filled in.
O/O's

Niferbelle

MaiMizzu

So is there thought as to when we can actually start posting?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Mister Grimm

Adonis said tonight most likely in the OOC thread. Link to it is on the first page I think.
I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

Flower

-flops in with a tired grumble-

edit: wrong thread...evidence of tiredness

Drake Valentine

Ummm.. Not sure if I overlooked it.

But where exactly is this taking place? I noted small town area? I am just trying to figure out general Country of origin of the game. >_< Just for references while working history.

Adonis

O/O's

Drake Valentine

Mister Grimm

The Architects profile mentioned it as Glenside I believe.
I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

Adonis

O/O's

Drake Valentine

And done, I think. I dunno, I BS my way through it. *Tired.*

If anything needs modifying or corrected let me know.

Well, there are still O/Os I guess, but I am too lazeh to edit. Maybe later.

Adonis

O/O's