Virtual Galaxy Beta Discussion (Closed)

Started by Moraline, July 07, 2013, 08:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

Closed

Please PM me if interested in joining the game.
We always have room for more players.

Note to all current players:

Please begin using the new VGB OOC thread (Click here)

- Image of what it would look like in game - inside Virtual Galaxy Beta (VGB) -
Players that I'm looking for:

• Any gender or sexual orientation. Anyone will be able to play any humanoid form that they want as a character and any gender.
  • I like fast posting players. At least a few times every week. If you only post once a week then this game probably will be too fast for you. Also, looking for posts that are at least a few lines long with some description to them (no novels and no one liners.)
  • 4 player groupings - Will group them up as they join and create character sheets.
  • As for characters, it's a sort of high school / college dynamic with a group age 17-24 year olds (secret crushes on each other, in the same classes, etc...) 
Players/Characters so far... (NSFW)

Guild: Dolg

•   Prof_Kruglov  (Played by TheHangedMan) - Age 23, hetero male, Botany major.
  • Blue_Grrl (Played by Moraline) - Age 17, bi female, High School student.
  • Spear Head (Played by Formless) - Age 24, hetero male, Comp Sci major.
  • Silverfyre (Played by Chrystal) - Age 21, lesbian female, Mathematics and Physics major
Group/Team B (Guild yet to be named/formed):

• Krad_Zephyros (Played by ZephySempai) - Age 19, hetero male, Dual Business/Culinary Arts Major 
  • Thalis Three (Played by Kimera) - Age 18 - sexually experimental female, Micro Biology major with an interest in Art. 
Deceased Characters (by choice):

• Yubiwa Mahoutsukai (Played by Yugishogun) - Age 17, lesbian female, Literature major, minoring on cooking
  • Shina Okitsu (Played by steelsmiter) - Age 17, bisexual female, Psychology with minors in Mob Mentality and History

Virtual Galaxy Beta (like Ready Player One X Sword Art Online)

<<  An advert pops up on your interwebz while browsing for a research paper... >>>

Come socialize with your friends! Make-out with a hot alien! Gamble! Have Adventures!

Welcome to Virtual Galaxy Beta!

We add the exclamation points just to let you know how excited we are to bring you this opportunity!

Virtual Galaxy Beta is brought to you by DreamWorld Studios the leaders in virtual engine technologies. Over 67% of the connected world has access to our Virtual Galaxy Beta head gear and are playing right now. What are you waiting for? Get in game and join your friends. We are #1 in entertainment and education. We promise the experience of a lifetime, every time!

This ad is brought to you buy DreamWorld Studios the school of choice for the United Nations Education Fund and global partners.

- Synopsis -

The Backstory
You are an ordinary person living in a modern world. There is this online game(Virtual Galaxy Beta) that has become so massive they have built the world's entire advanced education system into it. It contains 1000's of whole worlds to explore and they are all connected in this one virtual reality game.

You are a student in the virtual reality school. So one day you put on your headgear(haptic gear), that transports your consciousness into the school that's inside Virtual Galaxy Beta. (you are between age 17-24).

As you enter Virtual Galaxy Beta you are given a screen to create an avatar. You can make any humanoid like avatar that you want to. You could look like a movie star, favorite anime character, be a tentacle girl, a green martian, or whatever you wish!

After your character is created you enter the school. Everything in the world feels real. It all looks real as well. The core difference is that you have a heads up display(HUD) like in a video game with a life bar, message centre, chat panel for friends, etc... Then you can click on an icon and bring up a User Interface (see image up top.) The UI, allows you to check your messages, inventory, etc...

The Event where the game begins...
Everyone in the virtual schools that day receives a message from the creator of the Virtual Galaxy Beta (her name is Parisa). It says that everyone is trapped in the world and can't leave. If anyone in the real world tries to remove their haptic gear they will die. She then tells them that the only way to get out is for someone to beat a series of riddles/dungeons/quests/challenges that she's created. Once someone wins then everyone will be free.  To spice it up she says that this is her Last Will & Testament (to imply that she's dead), and she says that the winners of her game will receive her fortune & business.

So in the opening sequence of events everyone was given a a couple of riddles to solve (working as a team.) I set everyone up in teams that way if one person isn't good at doing riddles or something then someone else in the team will probably be good at it. So, don't worry if your not good at them.

As part of the opening sequence of events everyone's avatars were stripped of all pre-existing levels(for games), inventory, etc, and that included clothing. So it sent everyone into a panic.

How the game works
It's a freeform game that's directed by the challenges that I give the players. I'll drop clues and even tell players specific things to help them keep moving along. Never be afraid to ask questions. This game will be driven by your questions.

98% of the time you'll be playing freeform but everyone once in awhile I'll get you to roll a random number on the dicebot to determine if your character can beat a challenge.
(For example: You have to play chess against an NPC, I'll tell you to roll on the dicebot and that you have to roll higher then a 5 or some number to win.)

Don't worry if you've never used the dicebot, it's super easy to use. I have pictures with step by step instructions showing how to use it in just 5 easy steps. Also, I'm more then willing to help out.

Player Character Creation

Character Sheets and relevant information (click me)

Notes about Character Sheets

All skills, slots, etc... start empty or at 0 when players begin. Skills and items will be earned in game.
Message Center, Locator, and User Settings remain blank on character sheets. Just here to show how it looks to the character on their User Interface.  See images below for what it would look like to the character.

When in the Virtual Galaxy Beta:

Player's will have no knowledge of each other's "Real World" information.

Note that characters have a health bar that hovers around them. See image at the top.
<We won't be tracking that, but feel free to work in descriptions of it in your RP during combat. Visually it starts blue then as it gets low it turns yellow and finally red when near death.>

As well, there is a Diamond that floats above their heads. People on your friend list have a blue diamond, everyone else is green. Hostiles and NPC's that are worth XP points for combat skills will have a red diamond above them.

For Character Submissions:

Player's Only need to fill out the the portion that I have put into the code box below. (Click Select, then copy/paste)
[u]Character's Real World[/u]
[b]Who are you in real life?[/b] <male, female, age, etc...>
[b]Sexual Orientation[/b]? <in closet or not, etc...>
[b]Where do you live in real life?[/b]
[b]Do you have family and what is your relationship with them like?[/b]
[b]What is your financial status?[/b]
[b]What are you studying at WikiTube World school?[/b] <All students are in entry level or college classes. At WikiTube grade 12 or college prep allows students to enroll in a variety of college credit courses.

[b]Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes[/b]:

[hr]
[b]Virtual Galaxy Beta Avatar[/b]

[float=right][img height=300]<insert image link here>[/img][/float][b]Name[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Weight[/b]:
[b]Additional Notes[/b]:

Character's Real World
Who are you in real life? <male, female, age, etc...>
Sexual Orientation? <in closet or not, etc...>
Where do you live in real life?
Do you have family and what is your relationship with them like?
What is your financial status?
What are you studying at WikiTube World school? <All students are in entry level or college classes. At WikiTube grade 12 or college prep allows students to enroll in a variety of college credit courses.

Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes:

Virtual Galaxy Beta Avatar

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Additional Notes:

This section is information that will be filled in as the game progresses.

• Items <random items (non weapon or armor). Players start with nothing.>

• <example: crafting supplies>
    • <example: keys>
  • Skills  <all skills are simplified for ease of play. All combat levels start at 0, Crafting skills start blank until earned in game.>

• Combat: Melee Level
    • Combat: Ranged Level
    • Combat: Flight Level
    • Crafting Skills <players get base skills through magic scrolls that read like: Make Melee Weapons, Make Vehicle, Cook Food, etc..>
      The actual act of doing these things doesn't exist because everything exists only in virtual reality. A player just selects the skill to use from the list, selects an item to craft and in the time allotted it's completed.
  • Equipment <weapons & armor. Slots starts empty until earned in game.>

Contacts
<List of contacts includes their levels, items, skills, equipment lists.
Note: Only accepted contacts that are added to your lists can see each others levels, items, skills and equipment.>

Message Center
<Used to check private messages and checking mail (Items & Equipment maybe sent via the in game mail system.)>

Locator
<All purpose map tool, shows where you are and players may select any teleport points from here for quick travel if available(exclusive to some game worlds.)>

Options
<This is where the option to reset your character's appearance is found.
Players that reset character appearance will simply phase out of view for a moment. The player will see just blackness and character options. With a picture of their avatar in front them. Once choices are completed they will phase back in again since the game will not allow them to log out.
*Note:  This can be done in only specially designated areas in hubs and it cost VCoins to do it.

It is also where the option to log out is found but that button is currently greyed out.>

VCoin Balance

Samples of what the User Interface looks like to the characters
Example of what the player's User Interface in Virtual Galaxy Beta would look like:

User Interface Alone:
In this virtual galaxy, a player avatar can look like anything they want. Have green skin? Sure, it sounds fun! Would you like to be a kitty girl? Of course you would, go ahead!  Maybe you want to look like your favorite movie star? Go for it! How about a Star Wars Twi'lek, Star Trek Klingon, World of Warcraft Orc, Drow, Dwarf, Elf, Cyborg, Opposite Sex... Hey, when you enter the Virtual Galaxy you can make your avatar look like anything that you want. It's your game. Don't like your choice? No problem, just log out change avatars and log back in.

Starting worlds/settings/information
The Super Simple Play System (Remember: we are about 98% freeform)
VCoins... the currency of Virtual Galaxy Beta.
Travel between virtual worlds in VGB

WikiTube World (Virtual School Campus)  (starting world)
StarVegas World (Sci-Fi Adventure)
Dungeon World (Fantasy Adventure)
Classic 8 Bit Game World
Dust: Apocalypse PVP World (A lot like Borderlands Videogame)
Mutants And Men: Apocalypse PvP World
And - ... Endless other worlds

Links:
Recruitment
OOC Thread
WikiTube World (starting world)
Private Message Center
Leaderboard (Unlockable)

ZephySempai

This sounds a lot like Sword Art Online, and I would bet money that show got some of its inspiration from the book you mentioned. Regardless, I would be ecstatic to join in on this! After watching SAO I've been dying to either join or create a RP with a similar concept: players in an Online Game. You definitely have my full support on this one!

For an Overarching Plotline, I kind of favor the "Players trapped in a game of Death, where if you die in the game, you die fo'realz". The main goal would be to clear out the main bosses of all the areas in the game: unlocking newer and harder content as players progress, but at the same time, you have the option to just suck it up and enjoy the virtual world since it pretty much has everything you've always wanted and is a lot easier than real life so long as you're not fighting level 72 Derge Hounds.

If I could make a suggestion about the system: you mentioned so far there being three worlds; Sci-fi, Medieval, and a central hub. I was thinking that when players are transitioning between the three (or more worlds), that even though their Player Level and basic core stats transfer over, certain items and objects cannot be transferred. It be pretty one-sided to gear up in the sci-fi world and then go hunting down orcs with beam-rifles. Taking it a step further, the main Hub area could also contain the portals to the other Worlds of the game. Players could utilize the Hub as a platform where they can store weapons and items from one world while they retrieve the gear they'll need in another. I think that'd be pretty neat.

Again, sign me up! I'm more than willing to also help in any way I can. Big fan of this type of stuff so you can count on me :D

-Zeph

Moraline

Quote from: ZephySempai on July 07, 2013, 09:11:05 PM
This sounds a lot like Sword Art Online, and I would bet money that show got some of its inspiration from the book you mentioned. Regardless, I would be ecstatic to join in on this! After watching SAO I've been dying to either join or create a RP with a similar concept: players in an Online Game. You definitely have my full support on this one!

For an Overarching Plotline, I kind of favor the "Players trapped in a game of Death, where if you die in the game, you die fo'realz". The main goal would be to clear out the main bosses of all the areas in the game: unlocking newer and harder content as players progress, but at the same time, you have the option to just suck it up and enjoy the virtual world since it pretty much has everything you've always wanted and is a lot easier than real life so long as you're not fighting level 72 Derge Hounds.
Thanks, Zeph! I'd be happy to have you aboard.

I'm a big fan of SAO as well. Originally my first concept was a total copy of that SAO style.

I'll give it a few days and see what sort of interest we get to the different plot hooks before I make a final decision.

We could maybe even go with a hybrid idea? Like we are all trapped in the Virtual Universe but it's only until the puzzles are solved and someone wins the prize of owning the game/company. So there would still be potential death but instead of just getting out, there's now a prize at the end? Maybe... This idea would be require a bit more thinking on the part of the players though - If I use the clue/riddle system.

QuoteIf I could make a suggestion about the system: you mentioned so far there being three worlds; Sci-fi, Medieval, and a central hub. I was thinking that when players are transitioning between the three (or more worlds), that even though their Player Level and basic core stats transfer over, certain items and objects cannot be transferred. It be pretty one-sided to gear up in the sci-fi world and then go hunting down orcs with beam-rifles. Taking it a step further, the main Hub area could also contain the portals to the other Worlds of the game. Players could utilize the Hub as a platform where they can store weapons and items from one world while they retrieve the gear they'll need in another. I think that'd be pretty neat.
You read my mind. Like with the WikiTube school world, each world would have "game rules", like no player death on that world... Or on another world it would cause items to vanish back into your inventory and not retrievable, that sort of thing.

As for actual combat, I was thinking of using a simple single roll combat system for battles. I have a Threat Level chart in another game that I run. I'd probably use a modified version of that and have players roll against the opponents threat level. Just one roll to determine if you win/lose/suffer damage. Then let the player write out the combat themselves. So mostly freeform. Then I'd have a simple set of stats like Combat: Melee, Combat: Ranged, etc.. and each battle gives XP points that total up to new levels with that type of combat.

As for travel and item storage... I was thinking it would be like a MMORPG with items stored in an endless invisible inventory that you access with the touch of a virtual button.
Sample:

Travel from world to world would be by shuttle service along with all the other players that were traveling. Until you as a player or group could afford to buy your own vehicle which would be faster and also open up space combat! Vehicles available would be like almost anything found in any game, tv show, movie, anime, etc... because everything is available in this gigantic virtual universe.

Yukina

This sounds great so far. I think I'll join in. :)

Moraline

Quote from: Yugishogun on July 07, 2013, 10:22:22 PM
This sounds great so far. I think I'll join in. :)
Welcome aboard, Yugishogun.

Any thoughts about the over arching plot? I'm thinking the hybrid idea that I proposed above. I want to keep the game a good mix of social and adventure.

Yukina

I do like the hybrid idea. :) I could led lead to an interesting cast. It could even lead to a character starting to focus more on the prize then their friends safety and several other side plots.

Moraline

Quote from: Yugishogun on July 08, 2013, 09:37:13 AM
I do like the hybrid idea. :) I could led lead to an interesting cast. It could even lead to a character starting to focus more on the prize then their friends safety and several other side plots.
I agree. We could end up going against rival guilds plus greedy corporations that poor money and man power into the game to try and win so they can seize control of this vast Virtual Galaxy.

OR!

If more players join, then rival groups of players could compete against each other to solve the riddles.

PS: I changed the name to Virtual Galaxy Beta to more accurately reflect that it's a full galaxy, not just a single planet.

Formless

The idea interest me. But I think I'll join when a second opening is available.

( Reason for that is that I never played a group game except one on E ... SO systems and all of that isn't clear for me)

However here's a fun idea that you can contemplate when more players join in. Have a rule that someone can somehow " own " another if they lost in battle or lost a puzzle. You know ... to put More edge and give players a more incentive to win. ( It can always go bad but just an idea )

For an arching plot. Well there's always the idea of a competing developer hacking the worlds. Causing massive deletions. Bugs ... even tr heats of death by throwing the trapped players in a coma. So that would give you a chance to have another grope as the hackers.

Think of them as people who have a " mod " that allows them to join the game and cheat their way. The simple way to balance that out is to have each hacking character one chance to do something. And from what I hear about a dice roll system that can be arranged.

Sorry if I'm rambling or if I'm making nonsense ... I really am clueless about group games. :)

Moraline

Quote from: Formless on July 08, 2013, 11:42:12 AM
The idea interest me. But I think I'll join when a second opening is available.

( Reason for that is that I never played a group game except one on E ... SO systems and all of that isn't clear for me)

No real systems are going to be used. I'm not a fan of systems on forums. I'll only have a random roll here and there just to maintain that element of surprise.

E has a dicebot - it's as simple as putting in a number range like 1-100 and click, then it rolls a random number for you. Then you just copy/paste the link from it to prove you rolled it. Easy Peasy!

Chrystal

I'M IN!

What are we playing?

Sorry, I saw the title of a really cool book that I read last year on holiday and that's it, seriously... I'm in.

Ready Player One is such a cool concept!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Moraline

Quote from: Formless on July 08, 2013, 12:07:01 PM
Lemon Squeezy. :P

Ok ... Color me interested then. :)
Cool, keep your eye on the thread as I get all the details hammered out.

Quote from: Chrystal on July 08, 2013, 01:46:20 PM
I'M IN!

What are we playing?

Sorry, I saw the title of a really cool book that I read last year on holiday and that's it, seriously... I'm in.

Ready Player One is such a cool concept!
I know it's such a great book isn't it? It was so much fun to read. I have the audio book too, it's read by Will Wheaton, he did an amazing job and was perfect for it. I could just see him as the main protagonist, Parzival.

Have you seen Sword Art Online(SAO) at all? I think the core of the plot is going to be a bit more like that but I'm keeping a lot of the Ready Player One elements (which Zeph and I both suspect strongly influenced the anime.)

Also, I updated the first post to reflect the plot. I'll be posting a character sheet soon for people. 
I'm totally stealing a lot of the Sword Art Online (SAO) User Interface stuff for it.

More details and descriptions to come...

Chrystal

I've not seen SAO, no.

I just hope you aren't planning on starting this soon... Um... I may have to join later if you are.

(check out that big link in the second line of my sig for why! lol)

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 08, 2013, 03:16:59 PM
Moraline! Got room for one more?  ;)
Sure. I intend on creating more groups of 4 as people join or express interest.

If everyone is okay with it? When I create the character sheets, I'll take people as they submit them.

So each group will fill up in turn that way.

Important to note that the groups will just be people that happen to come from the same classes so are together by coincidence. That's your loose thread for knowing each other from your Virtual Class rooms on WikiTube World.

Groups will cross over with each other in Hub locations so they can interact with each other. Plus there will be an "in game" system for sending messages to one another and/or items. (Just like an actual MMORPG).

Maybe we'll get a Romeo & Juliet love story out of it?

Quote from: Chrystal on July 08, 2013, 02:28:01 PM
I've not seen SAO, no.

I just hope you aren't planning on starting this soon... Um... I may have to join later if you are.
It's okay if you haven't seen SAO, you've seen Ready Player One. The premise is similar.

I'll probably start the game up by next weekend. There appears to be a good deal of interest in it so far. I hope you decide to join us.

Guys, where are the female players? We need some ladies to represent!

Chrystal

Yes... Hmmm... Okay, I read through your opener - Yes i know I should have done that already, but I was hooked when i saw "Ready Player One".

I love it.

I have questions: If we are trapped in the VR world, how do we eat, drink, pee and poop? Okay the latter two are less important and if you aren't putting the game in extreme can just be assumed.... but eating, and especially drinking, are vital if one is to live more than three days!

In RPO, Wade eventually buys himself a very expensive full haptic suit. Is this allowed or do we all have to use the VR goggles and gloves?

You seem to have implied that although people cannot get out of the VR world, they are still able to get in. Once in, they will not, presumably, be able to leave either. Is there a danger (IC of course) of the server overloading and crashing because too many people are logged in at once?

And finally, the character sheets: Will they include "real world" details as well as avatar details? I'm asking because, well, you know about Aech in the book, right?

Just so you know, I actually have a one-on-one going with Amazon called "Guardians of Tomorrow" (cheesy name, I know) which is based in part on Ready Player One. Except the interface is present day screen/keyboard/mouse. Virtual sex looks good, but you cant actually feel it!

But in that game, we post third person for "in game" and first for "real world". Might be worth considering if you decide to include real-word activities.

steelsmiter

I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Moraline

Quote from: steelsmiter on July 08, 2013, 05:34:54 PM
You  full? This looks like fun!
This game will have unlimited enrollment with each new set of 4 players beginning their own quest within the game world.

Keep your eyes on this thread. I'll be posting the character sheets very soon. (maybe any minute!)

Quote from: Chrystal on July 08, 2013, 05:14:52 PM
Yes... Hmmm... Okay, I read through your opener - Yes i know I should have done that already, but I was hooked when i saw "Ready Player One".

I love it.

I have questions: If we are trapped in the VR world, how do we eat, drink, pee and poop? Okay the latter two are less important and if you aren't putting the game in extreme can just be assumed.... but eating, and especially drinking, are vital if one is to live more than three days!

We actually won't deal with the outside world at all. At least not in the beginning phases of the game. However, I'll probably do a little write up just to say what is happening to our bodies.

In the anime, Sword Art Online a lot of the players die in the initial days of being trapped inside the game. This is because some can't get medical care, for some there is no one to find their unconscious bodies. Also many die because there is a secret disconnect hidden in the VR Helmets that once the helmet is removed it causes brain death (short circuits the brain of the wearer.)

It doesn't take long for the world to realize that trying to disconnect people will kill them, so it mostly stops.

Once the world figures out what's going on, they stick all of the victims into hospitals. Essentially everyone lives in the real world in a comatose state. Although in one of those fantasy like things, the Virtual World time moves faster then real world time. It's never said by how much. (The Manga stories probably give more detail.)

QuoteYou seem to have implied that although people cannot get out of the VR world, they are still able to get in. Once in, they will not, presumably, be able to leave either. Is there a danger (IC of course) of the server overloading and crashing because too many people are logged in at once?
No it won't crash. Essentially this will be like Ready Player One, in that the Virtual Galaxy Beta is pretty much the internet for the world at large. It's capacity is effectively beyond any possible overload. Although conceivably someone could turn off enough of the servers to shut it down and kill off everyone in the game.

And Yes, people can and will still join. Although those people are probably freaking crazy! LOL

QuoteAnd finally, the character sheets: Will they include "real world" details as well as avatar details?
I'll be posting the character sheets in the next few minutes. The sheets will have a section for OOC knowledge - As in, a tiny bit about who you were in the real world. Then a bit about who you are starting as in the game. I think you'll have to see it to understand it. It's a bit different then traditional sheets used.

Moraline

Character Sheet Information Posted! (Also copied into the original post)

Notes about Character Sheets

All skills, slots, etc... start empty or at 0 when players begin. Skills and items will be earned in game.
Message Center, Locator, and User Settings remain blank on character sheets. Just here to show how it looks to the character on their User Interface.  See images below for what it would look like to the character.

When in the Virtual Galaxy Beta:

Player's will have no knowledge of the "Real World" information.

Note that characters have a health bar that hovers around them. <We won't be tracking that, but feel free to work in descriptions of it in your RP during combat. Visually it starts blue then as it gets low it turns yellow and finally red when near death.>

As well, there is a Diamond that floats above their heads. People on your friend list have a blue diamond, everyone else is green. Hostiles and NPC's that are worth XP points for combat skills will have a red diamond above them.

For Character Submissions:

Player's Only need to fill out the the portion that I have put into the code box below. (Click Select, then copy/paste)
[u]Character's Real World[/u]
[b]Who are you in real life?[/b] <male, female, age, etc...>
[b]Sexual Orientation[/b]? <in closet or not, etc...>
[b]Where do you live in real life?[/b]
[b]Do you have family and what is your relationship with them like?[/b]
[b]What is your financial status?[/b]
[b]What are you studying at WikiTube World school?[/b] <All students are in entry level or college classes. At WikiTube grade 12 or college prep allows students to enroll in a variety of college credit courses.

[b]Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes[/b]:

[hr]
[b]Virtual Galaxy Beta Avatar[/b]

[float=right][img height=300]<insert image link here>[/img][/float][b]Name[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Weight[/b]:
[b]Additional Notes[/b]:

What it looks like... see below

Character's Real World
Who are you in real life? <male, female, age, etc...>
Sexual Orientation? <in closet or not, etc...>
What are you studying at WikiTube World school? <All students are in entry level or college classes. At WikiTube grade 12 or college prep allows students to enroll in a variety of college credit courses.

Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes:

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Additional Notes:

This section is information that will be filled in as the game progresses.

• Items <random items (non weapon or armor). Players start with nothing.>

• <example: crafting supplies>
    • <example: keys>
  • Skills  <all skills are simplified for ease of play. All combat levels start at 0, Crafting skills start blank until earned in game.>

• Combat: Melee Level
    • Combat: Ranged Level
    • Combat: Flight Level
    • Crafting Skills <players get base skills through magic scrolls that read like: Make Melee Weapons, Make Vehicle, Cook Food, etc..>
      The actual act of doing these things doesn't exist because everything exists only in virtual reality. A player just selects the skill to use from the list, selects an item to craft and in the time allotted it's completed.
  • Equipment <weapons & armor. Slots starts empty until earned in game.>

Contacts
<List of contacts includes their levels, items, skills, equipment lists.
Note: Only accepted contacts that are added to your lists can see each others levels, items, skills and equipment.>

Message Center
<Used to check private messages and checking mail (Items & Equipment maybe sent via the in game mail system.)>

Locator
<All purpose map tool, shows where you are and players may select any teleport points from here for quick travel if available(exclusive to some game worlds.)>

Options
<This is where the option to reset your character's appearance is found.
Players that reset character appearance will simply phase out of view for a moment. The player will see just blackness and character options. With a picture of their avatar in front them. Once choices are completed they will phase back in again since the game will not allow them to log out.
*Note:  This can be done in only specially designated areas in hubs and it cost VCoins to do it.

It is also where the option to log out is found but that button is currently greyed out.>

VCoin Balance

Samples of what the User Interface looks like to the characters
Example of what the player's User Interface in Virtual Galaxy Beta would look like:

User Interface Alone:

Moraline

A completed sample sheet with a bit of information after the character has played for a bit...

Character's Real World
Who are you in real life?
Elenore Dickens, 17 year old female high school student. Blonde hair, blue eyes, slim build, wears glasses and spends all my time in Virtual Galaxy Beta but usually in the WikiTube school library reading stuff and watching videos.
Sexual Orientation?
Bisexually curious but has never been with a girl and really doesn't know for sure how she feels about it. Has not told another living soul.
Moncton, New Brunswick in Canada. Small house with my mother.
Mother she works two jobs and is never home. We are close but don't get to spend much time together. I have one little sister that I babysit all the time.
Family is lower middle class.
What are you studying at WikiTube World school?
In final grade of High School and taking a variety of college classes.

Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes:  Super shy in real life. Totally keeps to myself and has never had a date.

NameBlue_Grrl
Height:  5'8"
Weight:  124 lbs
Additional Notes:
Has emerald chrystal eyes instead of regular eyes (hard to notice unless looked at closely.)
Yes, her skin is half blue.

• Items

• Binoculars - High Powered, Infrared Sight (Limited Edition Quest Reward)
    • Artic Winter Suit with thermal lining - White /w fur trimmed hood, full face mask & polarized goggles. Military Spec Ops Ver. (Limited Edition Quest Reward)
    • Skiis Military Spec Ops Ver.
    • Cooking Utensils, Pots & Pans
    • Baking Supplies (100)
    • Spices (100)
  • Skills

• Combat: Melee Level 1
    • Combat: Ranged Level 1
    • Combat: Flight Level 0
    • Crafting Skills: Cooking, ...
  • Equipment <weapons & armor>

• Dragonov Sniper Rifle
    • Desert Eagle Pistol
    • Combat Survival Knife
    • Bullet Proof Vest
Contacts

• Arty Teest - Melee 2, Ranged 4, Flight 2, ...
  • Punkenstein - Melee 4, Ranged 1, Flight 1, ...
Message Center
Locator
Options

VCoin Balance:  150

TheHangedOne

Character's Real World
Who are you in real life? 23 year old male, named Redrick Schuhart. College student, wishes to study botany and bio-engineering fields so that he can help make better crops to work towards solving the fact that there are still plenty of people in the world starving.
Sexual Orientation? Straight as an arrow
Where do you live in real life? Kiev, Ukraine, a small two bedroom apartment (Has a flat mate, an organic chemistry student)
Do you have family and what is your relationship with them like? Mother, father, twin sister. Not on speaking terms with parents due to religious beliefs; good friends with sister.
What is your financial status? Upper-middle class/on-the-cusp of lowest-upper-class
What are you studying at WikiTube World school? Botany, Bio-engineering and related studies (with a specialty towards dealing with plants).

Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes: Some times calm, some times passionate; can be difficult to understand or 'read' at times, because of apparent conflicts in his own world view. However, everything is internally consistent to him; "complex" is not an entirely adequate word, but works good enough.

Name: Prof_Kruglov
Height: 5'6
Weight: 160
Additional Notes: Does not always wear the porcelain mask with horns, and cowl which covers the rest of his head, neck, and shoulders. When not concealing his head, he has blue eyes, short brown hair, and a "five'o'clock shadow" of facial hair.

Depending on where he is, he either uses hand gestures and magic for attack, can pull a knife out from within the folds of his robes, or, guns. As he is quite fond of playing 'shooter' games on the VG, he has a secondary appearance for when he plays on those worlds.
Check out my poet tree!

Yukina

I will begin on my character sheet tomorrow. (The iPad isn't the best idea to fill out these things with)

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 08, 2013, 08:28:44 PM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Character's Real World
Who are you in real life? 23 year old male, named Redrick Schuhart. College student, wishes to study botany and bio-engineering fields so that he can help make better crops to work towards solving the fact that there are still plenty of people in the world starving.
Sexual Orientation? Straight as an arrow
Where do you live in real life? Kiev, Ukraine, a small two bedroom apartment (Has a flat mate, an organic chemistry student)
Do you have family and what is your relationship with them like? Mother, father, twin sister. Not on speaking terms with parents due to religious beliefs; good friends with sister.
What is your financial status? Upper-middle class/on-the-cusp of lowest-upper-class
What are you studying at WikiTube World school? Botany, Bio-engineering and related studies (with a specialty towards dealing with plants).

Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes: Some times calm, some times passionate; can be difficult to understand or 'read' at times, because of apparent conflicts in his own world view. However, everything is internally consistent to him; "complex" is not an entirely adequate word, but works good enough.

Name: Prof_Kruglov
Height: 5'6
Weight: 160
Additional Notes: Does not always wear the porcelain mask with horns, and cowl which covers the rest of his head, neck, and shoulders. When not concealing his head, he has blue eyes, short brown hair, and a "five'o'clock shadow" of facial hair.

Excellent!  You are Player One of Team A!

(Whoever the four of you guys are should totally think of a team name.)

Can Blue_Grrl be on your team? She needs a home.

Quote from: Yugishogun on July 08, 2013, 08:46:26 PM
I will begin on my character sheet tomorrow. (The iPad isn't the best idea to fill out these things with)
Looking forward to seeing it.

TheHangedOne

Works for me, Moraline. As for Team Names, I'm going for "Free Ones", but I'm curious if anyone else in the group will have their own ideas.
Check out my poet tree!

steelsmiter

well, several of my other roleplays are picking up so I'm going to keep tabs on this one for later.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!