<Borderlands> No Rest for the Vault Hunter [Seeking Moxxi & More]

Started by ManyMindsManyVoices, October 17, 2012, 04:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManyMindsManyVoices

Currently Seeking!: Mad Moxxi, and other non-Vault Hunter characters, see third post. Vault Hunters still welcome. The game is currently active, but recruitment remains open.

Recruitment Thread <--You Are Here!
OOC/Character Thread <Post any sheets in the recruitment thread or a PM, I'll move them when they're approved>
Idea Thread

IC Threads
Sanctuary

Note: The videos are just here to set a mood, they aren't indicative of anything in this plot, just the openings for both games and their theme songs.

"So... you want to hear a story, eh? Well, too bad... I don't have any stories. No... you'll have to make your own, but that's what guns and bandits are for, right? I guess I could tell you a little story, it's about a planet called Pandora, and the mysterious mineral called Eridium. Once upon a time, those things existed. That time is now."

"What? That's not a story to you? Fine fine... Pandora is called the 'Vault Planet', because of the mysterious locations known as the Vaults. Years ago, four very interesting strangers came to Pandora and created the tradition of
'Vault Hunters'. They unlocked one of the mysterious vaults, but it didn't hold the treasures they had hoped. However, it did make Eridium veins appear throughout the world. They say, more of the Vaults exist, as well... Now, the planet is covered in bandits, soldiers, robots, monsters, guns, Vault Hunters, and best of all... Money... There's lots of opportunities out there, so please, stop by, get a gun, and shoot those opportunities in the face!"

This game is set in an alternate timeline of the Borderlands games. It will take place during one of Pandora's summers (Pandora has a 7-Earth-year winter, and a 3-Earth-year Summer), and will be closer to the second game in setting, than the first. Guns will also be more like those in the second game, and there won't be a huge focus on loot (like in the games). Trying to figure that crap out would take forever, so most bandits will use shitty, barely worth picking up, Bandit manufactured guns. Occasionally, I might suggest that something interesting shows up, but otherwise, characters should pick a few interesting types of guns at the beginning.

The game is primarily freeform, but I will employ some balancing, technical details, and a 'system' or two to keep track of things. For the most part, unless you do something stupid, if you're a Vault Hunter, you're a Big Damn Hero, and if you attack a reasonably-sized group of bandits, you win. I am willing to take on Co-GMs to help run NPCs and come up with some ideas for how to implement special abilities, guns, and other details.

Okay, so, what makes this an 'alternate' world? First, only some of the characters from the game will exist in this world, and the plots of both the first and second game never happened. All the manufacturers (including Atlas, but not S&S) will play a part in this game. The First Vault Hunters, are not Lilith, Roland, Mordecai, and Brick, but four mysterious figures who have become a legend on Pandora (the OOC thread will discuss them more, especially as they become part of the game's primary plot).

Sirens will play a notable part in the game, and are discussed in the third post of this thread. <Just a minor note, the Siren page has more info, but there ARE spoilers on that page.>

Another major note, is that death is common in this world, and not permanent if you have a 'New U' profile. All Vault Hunters are likely to have one, as well as really anyone not directly opposing Hyperion (except poor people, screw them, if we start resurrecting poor people, how will I afford my diamond pony?). The cost, however, will be much more substantial than in the games, and won't be 'level' or 'money' oriented. I won't track actual dollars, but I'll probably track 'wealth' or some similar statistic. If you're poor, and you die, you can suck it in Hell, bitch! n.n

The OOC Thread will cover more information on the setting as a whole, but a basic outline of notable factors in the world can be found in the second post of this thread. If you are approved to play, you are highly encourage to read through the OOC thread and definitely to join the discussion in the Idea Thread.

Now for the rules:

• Communicate! Tell me what's up, ask me questions, whatever! Just keep the lines of communication open!
  • The first thing to make me want not to read what you write is poor writing skills. If you don't speak English as your first language, that's fine, I'll cut you some slack. However... (if ur sentancez luk liket his with no punctuashun whatsoever) Then please, let's save everyone the headache. I don't want to reject you, you don't want to get into a fight with me and no one wants to look like a dick. So let's just agree that it's no fun to play together.
  • I tend to move stories along quickly. Slow posters will likely be turned off, I hate to make people wait, including myself. I'll keep it reasonable, and I would never intentionally penalize you for having other obligations, just try to stay involved.
  • Do not insist on arbitrary post size or post amount or anything. Post enough to play off of, and try to keep with the flow of the game. Honestly, it's all about common sense.
  • Do not make assumptions that you're in, and all character sheets are to be posted here or in PM. I'll put them where they go if you're approved. I won't say most players will be approved, but enough will be that it shouldn't be a big issue.
  • Multiple characters will be allowed, but by specific approval. Don't post two characters right away, post one, then we'll see about you getting another.
  • Read the 'On the Nature of Group Games' section... Do it... do it... Seriously, do it.
  • There are exceptions to every 'rule', and someone who is genial and really tries to make an effort will be welcome much more than someone who isn't.

On the Nature of Group Games: I've worked on a lot of Group Games and group game ideas since starting here, and so far, I've found them to be a major pain in the ass. However, there are ways to defeat this, and I learn from every experience, active or failed. They are some of the most rewarding experiences I've had, even when they fail before starting. So here, I'm going to discuss the beast that is group games and how we can keep them alive.

Before we get into anything, let me post the Oath of the Drake. If you can't meet even the basic tenets of the Oath, I honestly doubt I'll care if you fall to the wayside in my games. A group game is not just an obligation to the GM, it's an obligation to the players, and obligations don't have to be bad things. However, when you join a group game, you're agreeing to contribute to a game, not just be in one. People rely on you to help tell a story, and you're messing with their free time as well as yours, so have a little consideration for them, because their time is as important as yours.

The most important aspect of a group game, if it is to really thrive, is communication. An OOC thread is a place to foster relationships and keep everyone abreast of everything that's going on. Everyone has different styles and different paces, and a game suffers when slower players get left too far behind and faster players are forced to wait.

Fast players should find ways to curb their impatience, playing multiple characters or multiple games can help, as long as they can actually keep up. If one player isn't moving as fast as you'd like, and is involved in the same 'scene' or activity, use a little common sense. If it's been an hour, you need to chill out; if it's been a day, see what's up; and if it's been a couple days and you haven't heard a peep, then we can move on. This shouldn't have to happen often, but accept it if it must.

Slower players, however, need to understand that it's inconsiderate not to keep people in the loop, and it's even more inconsiderate for the game to hinge on you and it gets left waiting. If you can't make a post yet, inform people (sometimes that's not possible, you can explain it after the fact, but don't get angry if the game moves on), but when you're working with this many people, don't force them to wait on you. If you need a hiatus, or your stuck, or you're swamped with work or school, say something. We'll move the game on, or wait, and try to get something else moving.

In the vein of pacing issue, don't try to make every scene "big". Not everything has to be drawn out, and a big group doesn't mean everyone has to be in every scene. Instead, have characters meeting up in different places to play out different situations. Unless a big event is happening, there should only be 2 to 4 primary actors in a scene. This way, if someone falls short, it doesn't drag down the whole game.

Sex scenes can be problematic in this vein as well, and you have to consider how much of the game will go on while a few characters are... co-mingling. First and foremost, in most group games, unless everyone (or most of the group) is involved, take the scene to its own thread. This can be waived if for some reason it happens in public, but that could quickly become distasteful, so if that happens, it better be discussed beforehand with more than just the people having sex. If two or more characters decide to go off, they should keep the scene reasonably short, or accept that the game will go on without them for a scene or two. If the sex scene is mostly "smut", and little character or plot progression, feel free to continue it like a solo-game type scene, and return to the game as if you two (or more) involved individuals had done your thing and the time had already passed.

Next up is trust, I will keep trying to earn your trust so you guys know I'm going to be on top of things. I'm watching everything and trying to make everything mesh; and if you trust me, and you aren't a dick, things should go well. I will do what I can to neutralize problem players, or get them someone to help them improve (whether or not that's me). If you have a problem, tell me, or start a PM between me, you, and the person you are having a problem with, and don't accuse or be a dick. Just address the problem, and we can work it out like adults.

Finally, there's the issue of character "interaction". Like, someone's fist interacting with someone's face. Fights and antagonism happen, but not everyone is here to get beat up, be respectful. Try to inform them first, and keep your wording vague. You don't just punch someone, you take a swing at them, maybe they dodge, block, whatever. Of course, if someone 'dodge, blocks, and whatevers' everything, I'll find something they can't dodge. Seriously. If you see your character getting into conflict with another in the near future, maybe start a conversation OOC before it even gets there, it'll save a lot of headaches.

Sometimes you want a swing or an attack to be a surprise, which is fine, focus on vague wording, and maybe drop a note in the OOC thread afterwards to let them know that you wanted to keep it dramatic or whatever. Again, do this everytime, and I'll keep it dramatic on your ass (okay, that's a weird threat...)

Again, most importantly, group games need to keep communication open! Active OOC discussions make games run better, because it helps everyone know what's going on. When you agree to a game, you're agreeing to a social contract, be considerate of your fellow players. If you prove over and over again that you are harmful to the game, I'll drop you, no matter how much I enjoy your writing style or your character.

(Here's a Signature Banner for the game.)

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=155149.0][img height=100]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/9/90/NRFTVHSig.png[/img][/url]
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

ManyMindsManyVoices

The Borderlands

Here I'll write up whatever information about the world that seems reasonably important. Some of this will be made up information for this setting specifically, so don't question why you've never heard of a 'Arsenal' digistruct module or whatever.

Digistruct - Digistructing is an important part of the Borderlands universe. This technology allows the user to upload a blueprint into a Digistruct Module and create a physical copy of that blueprint at any time. Essentially, this allows for storage, but on larger modules (such as Catch-A-Ride machines), it can fully form a vehicle or something similar. Digistruct devices have a limit to how much they can store, which can be added to using a Storage Deck Upgrade (SDU). Digistruct devices have limitations, and it can be quite costly to digistruct an object for which one does not have the materials. Recently, Eridium has been used to power these devices, which has proven much more effecient, and more Eridium allows for more 'storage'.

There are three commonly recognized Digistruct devices on Pandora. The first is the 'Arsenal' personal device, a small Digistruct Module that can be attached to a belt or something similar, and allows the user to quickly Digistruct items such as weapons, shields, and other such items. This also has a special storage space which contains ammunition.

The second such devices are the 'Catch-A-Ride' machines, though the devices are officially referred to as 'Vehicle Digistruct Machine', by Dahl. 'Catch-A-Ride' was a colloquial name given by 'Scooter' and one that caught on, given Scooter owning every 'Catch-A-Ride' machine on Pandora, not to mention the unpleasant implications of the 'VD Machine'.

The final device is a unique patent, created by Hyperion, known as the 'New U' device. This is able to upload a user's DNA and $ Account, as well as 'downloading' a way for the 'New U' to detect when the user has died. If the user dies, a notable sum is removed from the user's account to fund a total reconstruction of the body. This means, with enough money, a 'New U' machine can 'reform' anyone to the state they were in when they last uploaded themselves (weapons, clothes, and all). 'New U' machines constantly upload data whenever someone with an 'account' is nearby, and anyone can opt to shut down their profile (in which case, when they die, they stay dead).

Hyperion has refused service to groups and individuals in the past (though almost never to bandits or Vault Hunters). These devices also have a secondary function, referred to as the 'Fast Travel' system, which allows the user to be stored and transferred to any other 'New U' machine at a minimal cost.

ECHOnet - The ECHOnet is a communication system provided free-of-charge to all residents of Pandora. This allows individuals to communicate over long distances, and was perfected by the Dahl corporation. ECHO devices can also be used as recorders, which is not an uncommon practice, as many people still treat Pandora as an exploratory experience. It is generally not difficult for anyone to contact anyone on the ECHOnet, and a person can block another individual's signal, but there are ways to get past such blocks (particularly for those working higher up in the various companies).

The Companies

A small company mostly focused on providing 'Insta-Health' stims. These help with physical healing and have immune system boosters, but have no vaccinating or curative effect. Anshin also makes shields which are designed to adapt to the situation at hand, as well as working with Maliwan to create the 'Transfusion' grenade.

One of the major factions on the planet, Atlas controls the private military known as the Crimson Lance. Highly efficient and known for some of the most dangerous soldiers and best guns out there, Atlas is likely the most dangerous group on the planet. The Crimson Lance employs heavy armor, specially trained medics and engineers, digistructed turrets (known as Scorpio Turrets), and a number of other tricks and abilities to the field. The current branch dedicated to Pandora is run by 'Admiral Mikey', a 7-year-old boy with a very nepotistic uncle high up in the ranks.

The Crimson Lance is also known for its assassins, usually women, who are specially trained to use stealth devices, agility, and digistructed blades to bring down their foes.

Atlas made guns are some of the best out there, with low recoil, easy reloading, high power, and high accuracy. However, Atlas guns are otherwise not notable for any special features. Atlas primarily specializes in soldiers, armor, and special military tech (such as cloaking devices for their assassins).

Dahl is a major corporation, which runs a private military that is a bit lower-tech than Atlas. Dahl, however, is quite capable, having created the 'Catch-A-Ride' machines and the ECHOnet communications system. They also provide numerous other items and facilities on the planet. Dahl originally sent convicts to Pandora to perform manual labor (specifically mining operations) on the planet. When the operations became too difficult to manage, Dahl abandoned the convicts, which led to the high rate of bandits on the planet.

Dahl is also known for their Sabre Turrets, which are less capable than the Atlas Scorpio Turret defensively, but are much more modular and have greater offensive capabilities. These turrets are still portable (and in fact, in many cases, moreso), using special digistruct devices which are, themselves, modular.

Dahl guns are generally known for being resilient, strong, and utilizing burst fire mechanisms. Dahl grenades are also interesting in that use bullets to create a fragmentation effect, rather than just using the shrapnel from the grenade itself.

Hyperion is possibly the most notable corporation, having its hands in space travel technology, robotics, satellites, security, and most notably, the 'New U' devices. Hyperion is possibly best known for its CL4P-TP line of robots, known as Claptraps. The little helper robots can be found all over, and have very interesting personalities.

Hyperion objects are often recognized by a single lens which acts as an 'eye' or 'scope'. This eye has become as recognizable as their logo, and can be found on just about anything made by the company.

Hyperion is also known for making guns with a strange technology that causes them to become more accurate as they are fired. However, the flipside is that this technology causes the gun to be rather heavy and often sways notably until it kicks in. Hyperion also created the 'Singularity' grenade, which creates a small 'black hole' effect which drags enemies into it.

Jakobs is a weapon manufacturer known for creating some of the best quality guns. They use old style processes, like working with wood and iron, to craft powerful guns. They're best known motto is: 'If it took more than one shot, you weren't using a Jakobs.'

Jakobs guns are known for high power, and certain models (most notably their revolvers) allow the user to 'fan the hammer'. This allows the shooter to hold the trigger and constantly 'cock' the hammer, firing as fast as the user can perform the action. Jakobs is primarily focused on manufacturing guns (and their other endeavors have not generally gone well).

Maliwan guns are best known for their special tech capacities. A Maliwan gun always has fire, electric, or corrosive tech on it (and recently, they've been known to make 'Slag' guns). Tech guns are quite valuable, and bandits often strip broken Maliwan guns to make their own.

Fire tech is good for damage output and often burns the opponent for long lasting damage. Shock tech is good for shutting down shields and taking out turrets and robots. Corrosive tech eats through metal like armor and robotic plating. Maliwan is also known for creating elemental tech shields which create a nova when broken or have a 'spike' effect against melee attackers.

Pangolin is a minor company, which specialized in high capacity shields. They also make very basic grenade mods, but otherwise have very little notable presence on Pandora.

Tediore is best known for crafting the cheapest guns of all. These guns are so cheaply made, it is actually more efficient to build in explosives and allow the user to throw the gun as a grenade after depleting it and digistruct a new loaded gun. Tediore is the 'Everyman's gun', for the killer on a budget. Tediore also makes modifications to the standard shield and grenade mod types.

Torgue guns use 'gyrojet' technology to fire bullets which have low speed, but a lot of power. Torgue guns are most noable for their explosive bullets, and every Torgue gun is guaranteed to create only the most horrific, explosive deaths possible. Who needs speed or firing rate, when even a single bullet could turn a bandit into chili. Torgue has no real presence on Pandora, other than weapons, as well as some grenade mods and explosive shield tech.

Vladof guns are known for high firing rates. If someone needs to saturate the air with bullets, a Vladof gun will do the trick. The Vladof company seems to have a strong 'anti-fascist' streak, and are most likely to provide guns to those 'fighting back their oppressors'.

Vladof makes guns with high firing rates and relatively large magazines, and are also known for a specially crafted 'digistruct' shield which can absorb bullets (adding them to the user's arsenal).

Not technically a company, this simply represents the types of guns created by bandits. Made from stripped guns and spare parts, these weapons are known mainly for their high ammo capacities, as Bandits love anything that shoots more bullets.

Eridian weapons and E-Tech weapons are very rare weapons that use Eridium to power energy bolts rather than bullets. Eridian guns require no ammunition, but do require a recharge time, and their shots can fire in many different ways. One of the most common forms of Eridian guns shoot 'orbs' of energy which explode, similarly to rockets. E-Tech guns use Eridium technology to attempt to mimic and improve upon Eridian weaponry, to varying degrees of success.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Character Info

Important Note! First things first, if you have any ideas for the story, or for character concept, or if you don't quite understand anything, ask. Ask ask ask, I don't mind answering questions. If you say, 'I want to be a Psycho-type character,' and then ask how to go about it, I'll help you understand what you need to know to get that character going. This section provides some guidelines, some explanations, and eventually, maybe some actual hard rules, but don't hesitate to tell me that you need help.

Players in this game can be anything that reasonably fits into the storyline. This includes bandits, Crimson Lance soldiers, Dahl soldiers, civilians, mercenaries, scientists, company men (and women), and of course, Vault Hunters. First, I'll note our current set of characters:

Females
<Zhu Que> Gaige {Mechromancer}
<Geeklet> Vanessa {Commando}
<Jinxed One> Sera {Siren}
<AribethAmkiir> Circe {Siren}
<Latooni Subota> Saga Sawa {Siren}
Males
<Ryuka Tana> Adrian 'Dri' Keir {Assassin}
<Pyrkinas> Nikolai Reznov {Guerilla}
<Pentagious666> Victor Cain {Crimson Vanguard}
<Cold Heritage> Acheron {Berserker}

NPCs
Marcus Kincaid (Played by GM)
Scooter (Played by GM)
CT (Played by GM)

Next, I'll list a few character concepts, other than Vault Hunters, that are open and desired.

• The 'Doctor' - This is a replacement role for Zed. The character doesn't need to be a real doctor, but acts as a medic, and provides Health stims and 'medical advice'. It can be a male, female, whatever, and may or may not have any skill with a gun.

• Mad Moxxi - Scooter's mother, and the owner of 'Moxxi's' (duh). Moxxi has a partially created character sheet here (at the bottom of that post). Notably, she'd also be the mother of the next wanted character:

• Scooter, the Sister - 'Hey! Name's Scooter! I's named after my sister.' Scooter has a sister, presumably named Scooter, which I think is extremely hilarious... So... I'd like to see someone do an interesting take on her.

Again, any character concept is acceptable. I'm going to try to break this down more clearly.

Character Concepts - You may make a completely Original Character, so long as it makes sense in the confines of the setting. This is not only acceptable, but encouraged. You may also remake one of the game's characters, as long as you twist it to fit the story of this setting. You can even just say, 'I want to make a character named Lilith, that is a Siren, and looks like Lilith, and is otherwise an entirely different character.' My response will be, 'Okay, let's do that.' Unless my response is, 'Sorry, someone's already doing something that conflicts with that.'

Basically, unless otherwise specified elsewhere, everything is up for grabs and none of the canon characters exist.

Another note, is characters will mostly be humans, cyborgs, androids/gynoids, and Sirens. You can have a Claptrap, Skag, or Rakk or other thing as a companion, and I may allow a Guardian character (no actual Eridians, though, at least not now). Most notably, there will be no bestiality and no weird Guardian sex... If you try to screw a Claptrap... Well, that's up to you... Anyway, I don't figure I need to say that, but I'm going to, because this is E and you never know... Children characters are allowed, but obviously, no sexy time for them.

(Also, we're not going to talk about the Rakk Hive's mouth in any sexual way, that's just not happening...)

Skills and Powers - Every character is allowed one major 'power'. Sirens should see the 'Siren' section below. Otherwise, this power may be a pet (like a skag or a... uh... Bloodwing, or a Deathtrap), or it can be a turret (like Axton and Roland). The power may be something as yet completely unseen, or really any special ability that could reasonably make the character a cut above the rest.

Not every character should have a special ability. Moxxi does not, nor do most civilian NPCs, or just other basic civilian-type characters. All Vault Hunters, however, will have some kind of special ability.

As for skills, a character should specialize in at least one type of gun (Pistols, SMGs, Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, and Rocket Launchers), and Vault Hunters and trained Soldiers should specialize in two, maybe three types. A character may substitute specialization for a special melee weapon for a weapon specialization. Characters may also note a few special skills (like hacking, lockpicking, Moxxi's seduction, Gaige's metal arm, Scooter or Gaige's mechanical skills).

In the end, it will be best for each character to be taken on a case-by-case basis, and some characters may simply be inherently more powerful or skilled. An experienced Vault Hunter may have many skills, but they are also likely to be considered a threat and have more enemies and notoriety.

Guns - This will be quite complicated, but for now, most characters should have a primary weapon and a side arm (as much as this is applicable). Non-combat characters are still likely to have some kind of protection, such as Moxxi's pistol, Rubi. These guns should be modeled after a company's specific style, though I can help players figure out what that should be like. The rules for guns may become clearer as we go, but these rules will have to do for now.

Sirens - There can only be six of these at any given time in the entire Universe. I don't care if they all end up on Pandora at the same time (it's hip and exciting, everyone's adventuring there), but there are never more than six. This means 5 slots are available, and 1 Siren is reserved as part of the First Vault Hunter group (not actually Lilith). Each Siren has a unique power, 'Phase-something', and have the ability to 'Phase Strike' (create a small burst of energy from their hands to use as an attack).

Sirens are born Sirens, and all have tattoos along the left side of their body, notably along the arm, leg, and along their chest to their heart. When manifesting their powers very strongly, they often have wings made of energy coming off their backs as well.

Sirens are able to strengthen their powers by using Eridium. However, doing so causes them to become addicted, and eventually Eridium withdrawals are fatal for the Siren. Using her Phase power once addicted will drastically speed up the time before the Siren must have more Eridium.

The Six Siren Powers (In this Game)
  • Phasesight - This mysterious Siren ability is wielded by the Siren among the First Vault Hunters.
  • Phase Leap - This allows the Siren to make a quick 15 to 20 foot jump, after taking a moment to focus. With longer focus, the Siren can jump farther, and the Siren cannot jump farther than she can see. This is the ability of the Siren, Saga.
  • Phaselock - This ability allows the Siren to lockdown a target in another dimension temporarily, making them unable to move or fight. This is the ability of the Siren, Circe.
  • Phase Tunnel - This ability allows the Siren to create a opening and exit 'portal' through which small objects (like bullets) can pass through instantly. This is the ability of the Siren, Sera.
  • Phase~ - (This ability is free to be determined by a player character.)
  • The final Siren power is a spoiler, even naming it could give something away, so I'm going to be careful with this one.

Character Sheet

Below is the general character sheet for the game. I'd prefer if people look at the OOC/Character sheet thread for examples, before working on their character. If you're interested in multiple characters, post each profile in the font/color you intend to write that character in.

{Note: Taglines are those lines like this and this and this, you don't have to have one, it's just for flavor}

[float=right][img]<Image URL Here>[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]     [b]Player:[/b] <Link to your profile here>
[b]Tagline:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]     [b]Class:[/b] <This is just for fun, make something up if you want>
[b]Age:[/b]     [b]Height:[/b]     [b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Appearance/Description:[/b] <Picture alone is fine, if you have more, add it here>

[b]Durability:[/b] <Describe your character's ability to withstand fire once their shield is down.>
[b]Shield:[/b] <Describe your character's shielding, and any special effects.>

[b]Special Ability:[/b] <Describe your character's special ability. Delete this section if its not applicable.>

[b]Weapon Specializations:[/b] <Not always applicable, but note no more than 3 weapons the character is notably good with>
[b]Skills:[/b] <Note a short list of extraordinary or otherwise notable skills>

[b][u]Weapons[/u][/b]
<Describe any guns or other weapons, including grenades. A character should have no more than 3-4 major weapons (including grenades), and it is always best to work with the GM. A character with good shields/durability, a powerful ability, or strong skills may be asked to tweak down their arsenal. In the end, try to exercise good judgment and while 'Rule of Cool' is in effect, don't try to go for too much.>

[b]Background:[/b]

[b]Sexual Interest/Boundaries:[/b] <Note any sexual interests/boundaries, and a general idea of what sort of things you are okay with OOC, such as NC scenes (which would generally not fall under your character's 'sexual interests')>

AribethAmkiir

Sooooooo interested in playing a Siren.  Haven't played the second game yet though

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on October 17, 2012, 06:49:42 AM
Sooooooo interested in playing a Siren.  Haven't played the second game yet though

"Won't be using the plot, otherwise, uh... Imagine Pandora has more scenery than barren wasteland, and imagine the gun manufacturers have very distinct styles."

Geeklet

Looks like this could be quite fun. Are we going to be limited to the classes in game, or can we do our own thing if we want (provided its on a reasonable power level, of course).

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I'll be working with any idea, so long as it fits the setting. I'll put more in the third post."

Pyrkinas

Zhu Que

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Ryuka Tana on October 17, 2012, 07:21:20 PM
"Does that indicate interest?"

Yes. It does. In punching people/things/robots in the face so that they explode. And shooting them. With bullets. All the bullets.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Vergil1989

I have yet to play either game personally but youtube does go a long way for those that don't have a fortune to invest in games lol.  Joking aside, I might see how this goes and do some research into the different classes and stuff, but I'd probably be a sword swinging assassin or whatever they're called.  Can't think of what the name is for that particular class but a sexy stealthy assassin seems the most logical choice for me, especially the one from the second video where the dude seems to 'teleport' behind the two mech walkers or whatever they are and stabs both of them with one thrust of his blade.  The rest as they say takes care of itself from there since they were on a moving train before it goes up in flames lol.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Cold Heritage

@Ryuku Tana: I'm guessing that the events of the main game happened - albeit with your caveats from the first post - in this timeline, but not of the events in the Secret Armoury of General Knoxx or Claptrap's Robot Revolution DLCs?

@Vergil1989: If you've got a PC that can run it, Steam puts Borderlands 1 on sale fairly frequently. I got the Game of the Year Edition for like 12 bucks when Steam put it on special.

Vergil1989

My PC sucks so that's unlikely to happen lol.  Still, I do have Steam and I do play Terraria more or less alright.  Beyond that though I wouldn't waste money on a game that probably wouldn't work on this thing.  Still, thanks for the idea Cold Heritage but that's why I have a PS 3 and Gamefly lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

ManyMindsManyVoices

"The events of the first game kinda happened, the four Vault Hunters were different people, there was no Angel, no Tannis. Honestly, it's best to say that unless I wrote it here, there's no guarantee it happened. Unless someone else took it, anyone can play a tweak on any of the characters in the game (for instance, one could play Steele as a Siren Vault Hunter character, rather than an Atlas corporation Commander)."

"Also, not everyone has to play a Vault Hunter, there's room for a Zed role (not specifically Zed, just a doctor or medic, who doesn't have to actually be medically trained). Moxxi will likely be available, since Scooter exists, and I'd love to see someone play Scooter... The female one... Cuz he's named after his sister..."

"Marcus and Scooter will remain generally the same, some locations might as well. The original Vault Hunters (that is, in this story) will likely eventually be playable, and will probably factor into the story. So far, I'm thinking there will be a Dahl soldier, a Siren, a 'Tactician', and a 'Bruiser/Brute/Psycho' type. I'll specifically ask players if they want to take them up as secondary characters, and I'll probably take over at least one."

"Any role in any part of the world (Bandit, Atlas soldier, Vault Hunter) is up for grabs, I'll work out the Character Details soon. If you guys have any other questions or ideas, shoot them my way."

Zhu Que

"So, yup... Gonna play Gaige... Like she's been living on Pandora for a little and is now about 17yrs old." Nod nod.

Cold Heritage

I want to play a 'serker of some kind. Not too sure on whether it would be ber or gun variety.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Alright... Aaaaaaaaand OPEN! I'm taking ideas, character concepts, whatever. Let's do this thing."

Cold Heritage

Right now, I've just got the basic notion in my head to play a Bruiser turned Vault Hunter. I haven't really decided whether I want to be a berserker like Brick or a gunzerker like Salvador. In light of starting with two guns, I'm sort of leaning more towards the former. This being freeform, it's also more conducive to punching things in the face actually getting the job done than it was in the game. Probably specialize in combat rifles and shotguns, although maybe pistols if mashers are still around and a Jakob's two-shot masher could be an approvable sidearm. If we get a Moxxi, I'd give serious consideration to the character being an Underdome prize-fighter who got Vault fever after word got out that the Vault Hunters actually managed to find a real one. Otherwise I'm sort of thinking he would just be a bandit leader who got tired of being in charged of a band of stupid jagoffs, killed them all, and then decided to get some phat Vault loot once, again, word got out that those things were legit.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Notably, the two guns thing is more of a guideline, it's difficult given the whole freeform thing to say what's too much and what's not. A Gunzerker would reasonably be an exception. Also, melee weapons aren't entirely out of the picture, a Sledge type would be viable. Also, I'm not so much using straight up guns from the game, but a better guideline for guns will come from the secod game. Jakob's pistols are revolvers, able to be fanned (as in, actioning the hammer repeatedly to fire semi-automatically)."

AribethAmkiir

Planning on playing a character named Circe who is one of the Sirens.  Going to snag up Phaselock while I can.

What I've got so far is that she's known she was a Siren since she can remember.  Of course, that comes with a price on her head.  A price high enough that her own mother, if she'd known her, would've been tempted to collect.  Luckily for Circe she was quick to learn the use of her abilities and not squeamish when it came to protecting herself.  Life on the run, isn't much of a way to grow up, but she manged.  Once she was old enough she signed on with a group of mercenaries/pirates/what have you.  Fortune smiled upon her once more as very few of the group ever tried to collect on the reward.  Of course, there was quite a deterrent knwoing what she had done to the first few who tried.

Years passed and she did whatever job she came across, without asking many questions and not paling to do what was needed.  She left the crew when it became obvious to her that her bounty was becoming a bit too enticing, even to those she called friend.  Enticed herself by the stories of Pandora's Vaults and the strange effects Eridium had on a Siren's powers, Circe decided to hop on the first transit planet side and suddenly became a Vault Hunter.

---- Something like that.  looking maybe to write a joint background with CH

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Changed the character info section to be a bit clearer. Aribeth, you may want to check out the newly added Siren section."

Zhu Que

Cold Heritage

Gaige's Echo-casts are the best. She's so cute and lovable and you totally want to hug her and tell her that it's all gonna be okay.

Say, Ryuka Tana, do you think it would be okay if my character wielded a gigantic, two-handed chainsword as his melee weapon?

Jinxed One

Ok...every single word of this idea tickles my glad spot. ^_^ I am a massive Borderlands fanatic and would like to know if you still have an opening for a siren. I have a bare bones concept in mind but if you already have 6 it wouldn't really matter...any less though and I will go all out on this concept.

★Literally vibrates with excitement★

AribethAmkiir

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Wow, glad you're interested Jinx, and you know I'd love to have you. You can totally play a Siren, there's an opening for one with Lilith's power (or a remake of Lilith) and two openings for made up powers, as well as one for a power that's a spoiler and I won't talk about right now."

"Also, if you're literally vibrating, you should find yourself a girl who will appreciate that excitement." n.n

Jinxed One

I think I am gonna get creative and make up a power, but I gotta get some sleep first. I will get on making an awesome siren when I wake up though.

Oh and...I think I already did. ^_~

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Wait... Did what? Make up a power or use your vibrate-y powers to please a girl? If the latter, I want pictures. I made the roleplay that gave you those powers, so clearly I earned at least pictures, maybe video." >:D

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Cold Heritage on October 18, 2012, 11:07:11 PM
Gaige's Echo-casts are the best. She's so cute and lovable and you totally want to hug her and tell her that it's all gonna be okay.

Say, Ryuka Tana, do you think it would be okay if my character wielded a gigantic, two-handed chainsword as his melee weapon?

"Shit, I read this, was thinking about it, then got immediately sidetracked... Okay, so, can you give me a picture or a reasonable description? This sounds pretty awesome, and Rule of Awesome totally goes in Borderlands, so likely, the answer will be yes."

Cold Heritage

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Okay, sounds fine to me."

"I'm thinking of trying to create a vague 'stat' system. 'Balanced' on a case-by-case basis, for the most part. It'll cover how durable a character is, what kind of shields they have, what weapons they specialize in, what their power does, etc. For the most part, I''ll only restrict the most ridiculous characters or characters who are too complicated the keep track of all the things they can do. It's okay to rely on Rule of Cool, as long as there's internal consistency, and your character isn't super ridiculous (unless someone plays a major figure like a General Knoxx type character, or one of the original four Vault Hunters)."

"Also, for the plot, I'm thinking a search for the First Vault Hunters will be a major part of it (which is like Borderlands 2), and maybe a war between the biggest companies (Dahl, Hyperion, Atlas, maybe Vladof or Jakobs). Let me know what you guys think."

Geeklet

So, I've been working on an idea in my head, and I've got a good idea of a female Commando (like Axton in BL2, with turrets and such). Soon as I get a little bit more time to sit down and write something good up for it, I'll put something up. Sunday Afternoon at the absolute latest.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Jinxed One

Sera

Name: Sera
Job: Vault Hunter
Class: Siren
Starting Weapons: Bandit SMG, Rusted Boot Knife
Phase Powers: Phase Strike; A concussive blast projected from Seras hand which increases the range and power of her strikes. Phase Tunnel; Creates a miniature worm hole which can allow Sera to attack over great distances or around corners. First she must create the entry point, then the exit. Whatever goes in the entry immediately leaves the exit regardless of distance. If boosted by Eridium the Phase Tunnel expands large enough to allow a person to travel through it.
Description: Little is known about Sera. She stands a whopping five foot five inches tall. No one has gotten the Siren to hold still long enough to actually weigh her but those who guessed over one hundred and twenty five pounds seem to go missing...
Orientation: If it moves, it has a pretty good chance of pairing with Sera. Though the female form is preferable.

Ok, it probably isn't as epic as I made it seem...but from my phone I think this is pretty outstanding.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Looks good, there will be more to the full character sheet but I can get on board with the Phase Tunnel idea. I guess we have a Lilith looking character as well."

Jinxed One

Just a look-a-like, mostly cause I am not a huge fan of Maya and it is like impossible to find a Siren Concept that isn't one of those two...at least with real people. ^_^

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Jinxed One on October 19, 2012, 06:39:59 PM
Just a look-a-like, mostly cause I am not a huge fan of Maya and it is like impossible to find a Siren Concept that isn't one of those two...at least with real people. ^_^

"That's cool, there's no Lilith in this timeline, so no big deal."

Cold Heritage

Any idea on when we might have the full character sheet to go to work on?

ManyMindsManyVoices

Pentagious666

Would a kind of Digistruct armor be appropriate, I was coming up with some niftry ideas and noticed we had sirens and mechros, but not alot of, I can catch bullets with me face people.  And even if we do I can thinki of something else.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Latooni Subota

Digistructing armor sounds pretty cool . . "Oh damn, these bandits slagged half my armor. Gimme a minute, I need more. Ugh, Insert-Corporation-Here increased their rates again!" >.>

This? This is pretty interesting, and I figure I should make a grab for one of those Siren slots before they all dry up. I'll do some thinking on specifics.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Haha, looks like Sirens are popular. Also, Pentagious, I'm totally into that idea of Digistructing armor, depending on how it works, it would probably be your special ability. Also, we have one 'tank' character, I presume, but that's it, so you're welcome to make one."

"I'm eventually going to post my primary character is an example sheet, which will help me decide what is going to be on the final sheet. I'm also going to start an OOC/Character Sheet thread where I can store things. Please don't post your sheets there, I'll post them once they're approved. I don't want any confusion over whether a character exists if it hasn't yet been approved."

Latooni Subota

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Cold Heritage

I intend to have incredibly high resistance to all forms of damage be one of the main defining traits to my character.

I don't have anything against someone else also wanting to tank.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 20, 2012, 04:37:26 PM
Any suggestions on possible alternate Phase powers? >.>

"Alternate ones... hmm... A Phaseshield could be reasonable, creates a barrier that stops things cold in their tracks. Phasepush or Phasethrow or something that allows you to use a 'telekinetic' burst to push things around. Phaseheal which modifies the energies in the body to heal the target. Phaseform which works sort of like Lilith's power, but allows the Siren to move through solid objects (or for solid objects to pass through her)."

"Those are pretty simple obvious ones, but they're what comes to mind immediately."

Geeklet

Phasewave - activates a telekinetic explosion centered around the Siren, pushing all nearby enemies backwards.

Phasethought - creates confusion in the surrounding enemies, lowering their accuracy, as well as giving a chance to either stun them, or make them attack their allies.

Just a couple off the top of my head.

Pentagious666

just a generic template for the time being?
Axton has a good enough face to be the pretty boy hot shot I think, any suggestions?
Name: Commander Victor Cain
Background:  Victor Cain was a member of the Atlas corporation's  Crimson Lance.  They stuck him on Pandora, a sort of punishment for disobeying orders. (it will come into light what this disobediance was.) He dwelled on this past deed and while he was the first Vanguard, I wielder of a shield and digistructed armor.  He took his armor and left.  His shield is actually deceptively heavy for the ease with which he moves it, it contains the digistructing array to instantly apply his armor.  So he left to go find his fortune free of the greed of others.  Atlas corporation holds it that he stole the digistruct shield and is still trying to get their prototype back.
Personality:Hiding sobs behind laughter and tears behind smiles.  He is good humored and charming tos tay away from the past.
Power: Digistruct Armor - Armor is applied made out of the finest material that atlas has ever made.  Everything about this system is prototype.  It protects the user from most damage and enhances strength and stability.  (this would not be god mode just really good protection)  Lower grade weapons do minimal weapons.
Weapon Specialties: Pistols, Shotguns, Shield (melee)
Special Skills: Tech work, light hacking (mostly armor mods)
Appearance:
shield
Cmdr Victor Cain
Armor
(I figured space marine armor was pretty good for my character he would use the shield to block and attack)
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Pentagious666

ignore this post was spoiler ppbbbbt
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Pentagious, I didn't forget, that's a spoiler, so I'm avoiding discussing it."

EDIT: "Okay, I was busy before and skimmed the profile, so let me address it anew. I like the profile, it's interesting. We will need to discuss the past indiscretions with Atlas at least privately (it's gotta fit the story). Also, I'd like to suggest a few different images, particularly to give a more Borderlands-y feel to the character. I, by no means, wish to insist you change the character's image, but look through my suggestions and see what you think."

Axton Picture with no Background Turret or Awkward Cropping

Armors

Pentagious666

the reason I went space marine is the armor is meant to look bulky and powerful.it also has Crimson Lance written all over it.  Replace the crosses with Lance Pennants and it would basically be the heaviest Lance armor you've ever seen.  I will take the axton pic though.

UPDATE: have the new axton pic installed but my suggestion before still stands look mostly at the face and arms.  If I was any good at photo manipulation I would totally edit in the crimson lance emblem because it would look bad ass.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Cold Heritage

I agree with Ryuka that Warhammer 40,000 images are a poor fit for the aesthetic of Borderlands.

I'm also kind of leery of someone playing around in a suit of armour that's like twelve feet tall.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"The Space Marine armor isn't terrible, I can appreciate it, it's just a little... too much. At least in that image."

"How about this one?"

"It even kinda fits him as a character."

Cold Heritage

So the armour's going to be person-sized, and not like one of the Devastator suits you Knoxx and other Lancer soldiers kicking around in?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Yeah, no gigantic ridiculous armor."

"Anyway, I'm working on the character sheet now, I'm just trying to finish up my character so there's an example as well."

Geeklet

Well, if you are THAT worried about armor, pack a corrosive weapon just in case. *wink*

And I've got the idea for my character pretty much done, just waiting for the official sheet before anything goes up.

Cold Heritage

I guess my mind just jumped to the Devastator suits when Pent said he was going for the heaviest armour the Lance would have at their disposal. Looks like it was unfounded.  ;D

ManyMindsManyVoices

>.< "I just accidentally killed some of my work on the Character sheet. Luckily, most of the time I was taking was on the concept, so I didn't lose too much, I'm going to go ahead and post some stuff for it, sorry for the wait."

2x EDIT Combo: "Sheet is up, and now so is Dri."

"Also, I'm thinking about how to manage a 'Wealth' system or something. This will allow people to use the 'New U' (so people can die horribly with minor repercussions), and maybe splurge on a special gun for Marcus. Not really sure what I want to do with it, but the idea's out there."

Cold Heritage

I hope at some point we get Class Mods. Those're something I enjoyed a fair bit in the games, and I think it could be fun here too.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Cold Heritage on October 22, 2012, 12:00:23 AM
I hope at some point we get Class Mods. Those're something I enjoyed a fair bit in the games, and I think it could be fun here too.

"I can't think of a way to use them that wouldn't require making up some kind of special system for them. I don't want to suddenly turn this into a game of stats. If you have a really good idea that keeps them relatively simple, we can maybe work them out. I am, however, considering Artifacts, but making them extremely rare and highly potent plot items."

"Also, here's a few chainsword pics that aren't attached to a guy or have eagle embellishments and stuff. Notably, Latin's cool, Borderlands has a lot of references to Earth Culture (even outside of memes)."

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Pentagious666

The armor isn't meant to be ginormous just the heaviest of the lance TROOPS.  Nothing to impair him as a soldier (minus a little slower on the running) just enough to protect him grandly, and servos to make his shield strikes brutal.  But yeah i can go for the blood splattered pic link to character spot please.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Pentagious666 on October 22, 2012, 01:58:15 AM
The armor isn't meant to be ginormous just the heaviest of the lance TROOPS.  Nothing to impair him as a soldier (minus a little slower on the running) just enough to protect him grandly, and servos to make his shield strikes brutal.  But yeah i can go for the blood splattered pic link to character spot please.

"Character spot? The sheet? It's in the third post of this thread, and the OOC/Character sheet thread is linked from there as well. Again, remember, do not post your sheet there. Post it here."

Pentagious666

Name: Cmdr Victor Cain  Tagline: "The used to call me Cain the Pain."
Appearance/Description:
Array Shield
Cmdr Victor Cain
Digistruct Armor

Durability: High, when he first joined Atlas he worked hard but was a bit of a trouble maker.  This resulted in his trainers beating him the other recruits beating him and ultimately training was slanted heavier in his direction.

Shield: Anshin Corporation high adaptability shield.  Uses it primarily to keep acid off of him but also to protect him out of his armor from the various elemental types.

Special Ability:
Digistruct Armor - Armor is applied made out of the finest material that Atlas has ever made.  Everything about this system is prototype.  It protects the user from most damage and enhances strength and stability.  (this would not be god mode just really good protection)  Lower grade weapons do minimal Damage.

Weapon Specializations: Pistols, Shotguns, Array Shield (melee)

Weapons:
His Array Shield

Atlas corporation 'Corporal Punishment' (pretty sure that's what it was called)
Magazine size: 12
It is Riotous and loud inaccurate face pounder if ever one existed.  He can only combine this and his shield as a single thing when in Armor is active.  It is a opalescent white shotgun that he won in an arm wrestling competition.

Tediore Pistol 'Thresher Wrangler'
Magazine size: 16
The pistol is pinpoint accurate and is used to aim for vital spots until it is decided he wants to reload at which point he throws the gun at the nearest enemy.  It is typical for him to use his shield in companion to this pistol to make up for the lack of damage.

Background:  Victor Cain was a member of the Atlas corporation's  Crimson Lance.  They stuck him on Pandora, a sort of punishment for disobeying orders. (it will come into light what this disobediance was.) He dwelled on this past deed and while he was the first Vanguard, I wielder of a shield and digistructed armor.  He took his armor and left.  His shield is actually deceptively heavy for the ease with which he moves it, it contains the digistructing array to instantly apply his armor.  So he left to go find his fortune free of the greed of others.  Atlas corporation holds it that he stole the digistruct shield and is still trying to get their prototype back.

Personality: Hiding sobs behind laughter and tears behind smiles.  He is good humored and charming to stay away from the past.

Sexual Interests/Boundaries: Heterosexual he tends to flirt with women when he has the chance to.  Not really sure if he wants a woman to be with or demand it of him.  Tends to avoid bondage though it isn't like it's needed with him.

completed sheet is up.  Also if anyone has skype and would find that to be an easier means of communication PM me
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Sankyuu. I'll look over it now."

EDIT: "What do you mean when you say 'combine his shot gun and shield'? Do you mean he wields them both at the same time?"

Pentagious666

Yes but the shotgun's kick is too strong for him to do it normally.  Normally it would be raise shotgun or use shield.  When in armor he can do both.  Servos in the arms allow him more strength.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Okay, that's makes sense. I'm thinking that either the suit should require a power source (which means it can't be used all the time) or it slows him down noticeably. That way there's a reason (other than comfort) for him not to wear it all the time. Given the former would be hard to manage, I think the latter (or something similar) would work best."

Pentagious666

I was thinking slow is fine.  He wouldn't be running.  Jump higher maybe, but not run.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Pentagious666

Also meant to ask what you thought of his hidden background....
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

AribethAmkiir

Pentagious666

just noticed your name, amkiir is that based off of amakiir (gem blossom)?
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

AribethAmkiir

Pentagious666

It's from 3.5 an elvish family name, it is Amakiir Kiir neaning gem and ama meaning blossom or flower.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on October 22, 2012, 03:57:59 AM
No, but it can be from here on.  :P

"Yeah, given Aribeth is the name of a major NPC in Neverwinter Nights, I figured that was the idea as well."

AribethAmkiir

Well I did get Aribeth from NWN, fell in love with the name, not so much the character.

I've been carrying around Amkiir since UO (Ultima Online) like 10+ years.  I really don't know if that's what I did or not.  I was pretty big into Quenya and elves back then.  *shrugs*

Pentagious666

never really got into NWN more of a table top guy, used to play Simon of the open hand.  Lawful neutral monk based on open handed fighting techniques.  he balled his hand if he wanted to keep you alive.  So no on my quick communication Idea. it helps i think.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I have what I need for your character Pent, so right now, PMs will work, and in fact, are best for what I'm doing right now."

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Marcus's NPC profile is up, written by the man himself. So you know it's mostly true, like... 75%..."

Latooni Subota

I have a weird idea.

Phase Leap: This ability allows the Siren to instantly travel from one point to another, by warping space between the two points. I say instantly, but there's a slight delay beforehand while the Siren focuses the mental energy to activate the jump. Right now she can jump between 15-20 yards, though with more time to just sit and focus without distractions, she could probably leap further. If she can't see the destination, she cannot leap.

So instead of Phasewalking's slowed time run to a new location, it's and instant whole-body jump. She can't bring other people with her, or drag along large objects or anything. Sound workable?

Edit: Also, I found a picture. The goonies in the backround would be former Vault Hunters she used to team up with, and retired for various reasons. Am I the only one who LOVES THE HELL out of these armors?

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 22, 2012, 04:17:08 PM
I have a weird idea.

Phase Leap: This ability allows the Siren to instantly travel from one point to another, by warping space between the two points. I say instantly, but there's a slight delay beforehand while the Siren focuses the mental energy to activate the jump. Right now she can jump between 15-20 yards, though with more time to just sit and focus without distractions, she could probably leap further. If she can't see the destination, she cannot leap.

So instead of Phasewalking's slowed time run to a new location, it's and instant whole-body jump. She can't bring other people with her, or drag along large objects or anything. Sound workable?

Edit: Also, I found a picture. The goonies in the backround would be former Vault Hunters she used to team up with, and retired for various reasons. Am I the only one who LOVES THE HELL out of these armors?

"Alright, I can get on board with that... I'm thinking of writing a special set of lore for the Sirens in this game (mostly filling in the blanks from the games so far). So, I'm thinking you can have that and I'll just take Phasewalk off the list, and say that they're related powers. Honestly, I'm hoping we don't get any more Siren interest right now, since there are 4 already in the story. Not that I'm bothered by 4, just that I'd like to get other female characters before considering getting more."

"Also, given the way the armor looks, and the power level of a Siren, you could say those three were actually goons she used to work with. Maybe she's got a bit of a bandit streak, or maybe she ran a gang on the planet she was from before she came to Pandora."

Latooni Subota

I figured she had a father/adopted father figure who ran a corporation that was competing with the Big Corps, and the goons were minions from the corporation assisting her in her 'dream' of finding a Vault. At some point I figure one of the Big Corps did corporate shenanigans and bankrupted/bought out the corporation from under her father, basically cutting off all of her funds/ability to keep paying her minions, so they all went off to do their own thing. Maybe open a flower shop or something. :3

So at this point she'd basically be still on the planet, with no support, trying to make it big and get revenge on whatever company screwed her over. Does that sound workable?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Alright, I'm taking that literally, and now the big guy in the back runs a flower shop."

"No joke. Someone needs to NPC that guy."

Latooni Subota

I figure lefty is now a teacher, and righty is a butcher, as well. :x

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Alright, I'll happily let you run them as NPCs (given they probably won't come up much), you can even make them a single profile for all three if you really want."

Latooni Subota

I didn't really figure they'd be run at all, since they're no longer actually in the picture. I just made up excuses for them to not be around, lol. I need to go to work now, but I'll see about finishing a character sheet after work or in the morning.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Well, I totally think that big guy in the back should still be on Pandora trying to sell flowers, because Rule of Funny."

Cold Heritage

I, uh, left out age for now because I have him older than Circe, but until I know how old Circe is going to be I can't fill it in. That's why. But I figured I could post the rest, and see how it goes.

Name:  Acheron   Tagline: "River of PAIN, bitches."
Appearance/Description: Acheron wears fatigue pants with a gunmetal camo pattern, cinched at the waist by a utility belt where his personal digistruction modules are affixed. Black combat boots cover his feet, bedecked with aftermarket plates of steel riveted to the shins and over the top of the foot & toes to increase their kicking potential. A grey tank top covers his torso, bearing the Torgue logo. Over his shoulders he has bandoliers with very large shells affixed on a webbing rig that continues under his arms, where he has some grenades hanging over along his chest for easy access, spare mags located at his sides, and his chainsword across his back. He wears the dog tags of his old merc friends around his neck. Acheron's dog tags are distinct because they are not stained with blood, but are instead pristinely clean. His left forearm has a metal guard protecting it, and Acheron wears black, fingerless gloves on his hands. The gloves have been augmented with metal plates to improve their punching potential.

Durability: Excessive. Acheron is insanely durable without shielding. It is patently ridiculous how resistant he is to damage without a shield. Shoot him in the face with a shotgun and he will just spit the buckshot back at you.
Shield: Low. Acheron uses an old Torgue Tough Guy shield - the product line is discontinued. It features mediocre capacity, regeneration, and a high recharge delay, but it boosts maximum health.

Special Ability: Berserk - Acheron enters a killing fugue and gains much more massive damage resistance, health regeneration, movement speed, and employs unarmed fighting techniques to deal massive damage.

Weapon Specializations: Shotguns, Chainswords
Skills: Acheron's basically immune to pain and torture. Getting shot, stabbed, beaten, burned, shocked, exploded, melted with acid, run over, and any other form of harm hurts, but pain just doesn't bother Acheron anymore. Carrying on with injuries that would make three other guys dead is his greatest skill. Perhaps surprisingly, Acheron is an above-average driver in combat situations. He's used to driving sluggish, unresponsive beasts across chaotic, explosive-ridden battlefields to get to where he needs/wants to go.

Weapons

• Bastard Hulk: A Torgue brand triple-barreled shotgun. It features increased damage - both regular and EXPLOSIVE - over other Torgue models, with commensurately increased recoil. It uses up three shells per trigger pull (since it's firing from each barrel), but each shell also has a higher pellet count than other shotguns. The gun has only iron sights. It has a 'classic' Torgue appearance: big, cumbersome, and gunmetal.
  • A heavy-duty chainsword. In addition to its adamantite teeth that rip and tear through armour and flesh alike, it has a guard with spikes for added punch. It's incredibly loud, heavy, and slow relative to other melee options.
Acheron uses grenades, like any other Vault Hunter, but he does not have any grenade mods and his storage deck only has the basic three grenade capacity.

Background: Acheron was born on a planet owned by the Torgue Corporation, whose name reflects Mr. Torgue's uncouth and offensive sensibilities. He was tragically orphaned due to a freak explosives mishandling incident in the munitions factory that employed his parents, and as such, he became sole property of the Torgue Corporation. Raised to be roughly 400% More Awesome than the average orphan, the tough upbringing of walking away from explosions, an all red-meat diet supplemented by Mr. Torgue's patented MAN UP, PUSSY! brand of 'multivitamins,' and wantonly awesome brutal violence left Acheron well-equipped to serve as a member of the Torgue Corporation's private army at the precious age of 12. Of course, Acheron had already killed a man at age 4 - but that guy had it coming because he said that Acheron could not have a third steak pudding cup. He was stupid enough to tell a four year old who could kill a claymore-tooth land dragon with bare hands no. Acheron did the gene pool a fucking favour. After seeing combat and walking away from explosions in all the Six Galaxies essentially all day, every day, Acheron finally grew tired of the Torgue life. Eventually the allure of mercenary work grew, with its sweet, sweet promise of freedom from Mr. Torgue's daily canned rantings about explosions and making things explode and culinary freedom  (eating chocolate for the first time after looting an Atlas supply convoy may have influenced Acheron just a bit). Explosions are cool. But you could only walk away from so many of them without looking back before it lost its appeal. And steak is delicious. But you can only eat it six meals a day for so long before you just get bored of it and want, at least, to like have chicken or something. After some aggressive contract re-negotiations, Acheron was a free agent. There probably would have been a bounty placed on Acheron, but when you have killed an entire dwarf planet's worth of people, sometimes you just get to walk away, leaving sticky blood-stained foot prints. And getting those foot prints out is someone else's problem.

As a solo act, Acheron did alright. He was often subcontracted by larger outfits who needed a bullet magnet. Acheron fit the bill. After half a dozen outings where he was the only merc to return, Acheron was enlisted into an outfit called the Red Dogs. A dozen or so former members of various private armies with different skill sets and outlooks, all united by the motivation to shoot people in the face for money. The Red Dogs benefited from Acheron serving as a shock and awe force multiplier to their more conventional approach to combat, and Acheron ended up going on fewer suicide missions. This was not exactly to Acheron's taste, because those missions were - in his estimation - off several chains.

The Red Dogs were on shore leave on some backwater planet when Acheron's life took a fairly big turn. He was all by his lonesome on a station, and he was contemplating killing some local fauna for dinner when he ran into this little girl. She was on the run. Obviously hungry, exhausted, and without a hope in the world, it was pretty obvious she was the target of some heavy hitters when some serious mercs showed up shortly afterwards, pointing pieces and shouting that Acheron step away from the girl. And he was going do it, too. He was totally going to do it. But then she took his hand and said, "please . . ." Then all the mercs were dead, Acheron was covered from head to toe in blood, and the Red Dogs plus the little girl were all getting back on the Red Dogs' ship and the hell away from that planet. The little girl, Circe, became part of the Red Dogs, employing her powers as Siren to make the Red Dogs one of the premiere mercenary outfits in all the Six Galaxies.

Greed got the better of the Red Dogs. It took years, but eventually the bounty on Circe got to be too large and too sweet to ignore. The leader of the Red Dogs, at first, approached Acheron about turning Circe in. He reasoned with Acheron, pointing out that all the other Red Dogs were on board, and that if Acheron wanted to keep up with the merc life everyone was glad to let Acheron take possession of the ship and the franchise. Acheron refused, at which point the leader requested that if Acheron would not be an active participant, he at least stay out of everyone else's way. Again, Acheron refused, and it was at this point that the leader revealed that he had poisoned Acheron's food. Sadly, they had underestimated his intestinal fortitude, and Acheron went berserk. The last thing he said before he was reduced to incoherent shrieking and shouting was that he was going to put the leader's head through a bulkhead. Sadly, Acheron failed to fulfill this pledge: he only managed to get half of the leader's head halfway through the bulkhead, the hard way. The other half was reduced to a pulp by the time Acheron got that far, and by that time other Red Dogs came in at the sounds of excessive violence.

"Stop it. He's already dead." Cried the first Red Dog on the scene, Lil' Billy Qwikwrench. But Lil' Billy did not have to cry for long before Acheron used him to bludgeon three other Red Dogs to death. By the time Acheron got to Circe, she had taken care of her assailants. After spacing their former compatriots, the pair set off to Pandora on Circe's decision.

Sexual Interest/Boundaries: Basically vanilla heterosexual sex in-character. Out of character, not interested in having my character be a bottom/receiver. But, say, if my character gets strapped down and ridden hard by Patricia Tannis, I'm not going to complain. Also not interested in anything that needs to go in the Extreme section of the site.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"My first suggestion would be to drop one of the guns/specializations, since he's already such an insane face pounding melee fighter both unarmed and with the chain sword. His weakness should be the fact that he's not much good at a range."

"Also, just for the sake of not offending anyone, let's leave the name of his birth planet ambiguous. I'm not personally offended by the term, but some people find it really objectionable, and I don't feel like it adds anything. Also, I'd like to put 'multi-vitamins' in quotes, because for Torgue, steroids are probably 'vitamins', and give Acheron's size... Well, yeah..."

"Also, I'd like to hear what Aribeth says before I approve the character. I presume you two worked it out, but I'd like her confirmation."

Cold Heritage

Okay. I made the tweaks suggested.

I did have an aside that I couldn't really make work to the effect of Torgue's lawyers standing behind a scientific report by Torgue's top scientists that there was no causal relationship between the 'multivitamins' and muscular hyplerplasia and muscular hypertrophy, and anyone who suggested otherwise would hear from Torgue's lawyers after they got done oiling their pecs, but I just couldn't get it to work so I dropped it.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I like it, and, presuming Aribeth is on board, I really like the connection with the two characters. Apparently, Sirens like having huge bodyguards of doom."

"So, I'm curious as to whether anyone has any thoughts on the setting of the story. What I'm thinking is there will be a hub, and most people will use Fast Travel machines to get around, so if you want to jump to a new thread/area, you can drive there or just take a New-U machine. If people are good with that, should the hub be Sanctuary, New Haven (from the first game), or some new made up area. I think I'll make a poll about it."

EDIT: "We now have an IDEA THREAD!"

EDIT2: "Oh... hello there 'Add Poll' button... Oh well, an idea thread is probably still a good... er... idea..."

Vergil1989

I haven't played Borderlands as I've said before and I thought just watching a few videos and stuff would help me to get a character going but I don't think that's going to be enough.  Sorry but I think I'm gonna have to pull out of this one since I wouldn't feel comfortable putting together a character for a game I don't even know lol.  You've done an awesome job giving out all that information, don't get me wrong, but eh, until I play at least the first game I doubt I'll get myself into this.  See you guys and gals and good luck!

ManyMindsManyVoices

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"We still have six other players who have expressed interest, at least two of which I know are in."

AribethAmkiir

Yeah, CH and I worked on the background together.  I've got tests for the next two days and a clinical on Friday.  I'll try to get my CC up Wednesday but no promises.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Pentagious666 on October 23, 2012, 02:00:27 AM
Sweet I wonder what the peoples will think of the armor.

"Wonder how much it goes for on the black market..."

ManyMindsManyVoices

Pentagious666

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on October 23, 2012, 02:37:32 AM
"Wonder how much it goes for on the black market..."

Ouch... hahahaha so amakiir do you have your character rockin?
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

AribethAmkiir

Pentagious666

are you set and ready to join in the chaos that will be the borderlands.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on October 23, 2012, 01:44:17 AM
Yeah, CH and I worked on the background together.  I've got tests for the next two days and a clinical on Friday.  I'll try to get my CC up Wednesday but no promises.

Pentagious666

Fair Enough, if there is anything i can do to help, PM me or contact me via here.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Geeklet

Name:  Vanessa
Player: Geeklet
Tagline: Your knife, my back. My gun, your head.

Durability: While capable of taking a few hits, she knows when to pack up her shit and get the hell out of way.
Shield: She tends to use one of Anshin's Skirmisher shields. Slightly below average capacity, but with a quick recharge. Sustained firefights aren't her thing, and she much prefers to stick and move.

Special Ability: Sabre Turret - Vanessa can temporarily digistruct a turret to aid her in a fight.

Weapon Specializations: Pistols (specificially revolvers) and Grenades
Skills: Mag-Lock - Vanessa's turret is capable of sticking to any surface, allowing them to be deployed onto walls and ceilings as well as the ground
Size Ain't Everything - Though her turret is smaller than the normal size, Vanessa has the capability to alter the type of turret digistructed (Rocket Launcher, Flamethrower, etc.)
Now you see me... - While lacking in any technological means to become invisible, that doesn't seem to hinder Vanessa in the slightest. Years of training have allowed her to be able to either hide or blend in with her surroundings rather effectively.

Weapons
Right now? Whatever she can scrounge up. The current contenders are a Jakob's Revolver and one of Maliwan's acidic repeater pistols. Also, after her recent experiences, is likely to never touch anything made by Hyperion. Vanessa also has two grenade mods. One being a high explosive, and the other an incendiary. The first for blowing shit up good, the latter for covering her trail when she needs to hightail it.

Background:
Since she was a teenager, Vanessa worked for Hyperion. It was a variety of jobs at first, but eventually she found her niche in corporate espionage. Sometimes the company had some problems that required a more subtle touch than sending in a crapload of Loaders. And that is where she came in. A year ago, however, she was told that an employee was selling company secrets and needed to be silenced. Only thing is, when she got there, she found out that the employee in question was actually her little sister, who had actually been causing a bit of a ruckus about potential unsafe working conditions.

Shortly thereafter, the company had learned that Vanessa had tendered her resignation with a bullet to her supervisors face, with the words 'I quit" engraved on the leftover casing. Vanessa, knowing that she was the bigger security risk, hid her sister somewhere safe, in case anyone else would come after her, while she herself fled to Pandora. Maybe she could hide out among the vault hunters there. And at the very least, perhaps some of the locals could unwittingly help make life hard for anyone that came after her.

Sexual Interest/Boundaries: Bisexual with a lean towards females, no boundaries except for what is listed in my O/Os

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Looks good so far Geeklet, I imagine there will be a history there with her and Dri, given their mutual connection to Hyperion. I'll PM you the sheet with a few tweaks, but other than a few formatting things I only have one question, which has to do with why she's using a Dahl turret and working for Hyperion. Not to say that it's something that couldn't happen, but Sabre turrets are not something Dahl sells to other companies, so there should be a story there."

Geeklet

Because its the only type of turret I could find information on? If Hyperion makes their own, I'd use that instead. Otherwise, perhaps its some type of prototype they tried to reverse engineer.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Hyperion doesn't really, they're not so much in the soldier game. I'm okay with you doing it, I just think there should be a story. Is it a recent acquisition, or did she steal it so that Hyperion could get a look at the tech? It's likely if she turned it over to Hyperion she wouldn't have been given it back. Maybe she (or some other agent) stole it, and she took it when she left to add to the 'fuck you' of her quitting."

Geeklet

Basically, I just wanted a mini turret I could use to set up traps and stuff... and Hyperion seemed like the place that would be more likely to use spies and such. How she got it, I don't really care. Whatever you think would be best for the story is fine.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"PM sent with the profile with some tweaks to the Sabre turret and a little added info about her guns and how she got the turret."

"Also, I should note, for the sake of visual description, that Sabre Turrets aren't digistructed onto the field. She would digistruct a small 'grenade-like' module and throw that out to deploy the turret."

Pentagious666

This will be fun we have three semi tank types two determined tank types and how many sirens thus far?
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Jinxed One

You got me as a Siren...bit I think I needed to add something to my sheet but I am not sure what that would be...

Pyrkinas

Almost done with my profile, will post it soon, but I'm pretty sure Hyperion has turrets. I remember fighting some when fighting the W4RD3N. In any case, they definitely have those flying drones, which would be interesting for an action skill. I'd do that if I didn't already have my current idea.

Pentagious666

Quote from: Pyrkinas on October 23, 2012, 03:17:18 PM
Almost done with my profile, will post it soon, but I'm pretty sure Hyperion has turrets. I remember fighting some when fighting the W4RD3N. In any case, they definitely have those flying drones, which would be interesting for an action skill. I'd do that if I didn't already have my current idea.

Pyr has an interesting point there is the plasma turrets those hyperion soldiers throw out.  I think the Surveyor would be far mor interesting though.  Fixes you and think you could use it to spy.  You are a corporate spy.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Jinxed One on October 23, 2012, 03:15:29 PM
You got me as a Siren...bit I think I needed to add something to my sheet but I am not sure what that would be...

"We have a sheet template in the third post, everything you need is there. I'll send you a partially setup sheet based on what you've provided."

Quote from: Pyrkinas on October 23, 2012, 03:17:18 PM

"Surveyors... aw... man, that would be a cool Action Skill..."

"As for Hyperion turrets, I don't know much about them, anyway, the Sabre turret being stolen is a workable idea if she wants to use it."

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I'm going to start posting world info and rework some of the stuff in the recruitment thread here later tonight."

"If people could check out the Idea thread, it would help to get a better idea on what's going on over there, and hear any other ideas you guys have for the setting."

Pyrkinas

Here's my character so far. Let me know what you think.

Name: Nikolai Reznov    Player: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=18336
Tagline: Nothing to lose but his chains.
Appearance/Description: Nikolai is a lean, olive-skinned man. He has many scars upon his face and body, testament to a past (and present) filled with conflict.

Durability: Nik is no stranger to pain. Through sheer willpower, he can continue to fight long after most others would fall incapacitated from wounds and fatigue. However, he wears no armor to speak of, and even the toughest of men can be brought down by a well-placed bullet.
Shield: Low capacity, very fast recharge Tediore shield, meant to facilitate rapid hit-and-run attacks.

Special Ability: Nikolai's personal Digistruct Module is specially modified to create health stims, and his experience as a combat medic allows him to apply them to miraculous effect, to himself and others. The complicated chemistry involved in crafting these stims requires a greater energy draw than digistructing weaponry, so there is a relatively short delay between each use of this ability.

Weapon Specializations: Assault Rifles, Pistols, Spiked Chain.
Skills: Leadership and tactical ability; Expert knowledge of field medicine.

Weapons
Expansive Renegade - A simple, reliable Vladof assault rifle with an extended 50 round clip and a high rate of fire, though with mediocre damage and accuracy.

Ornery Iron - This Jakobs-made revolver is all about power. It holds six shots and is fitted with a laser sight, giving it a boost in accuracy. Of course, how accurate it truly is depends on the skill of the user.

Spiked Chain - Nikolai wields a large, spiked chain as a melee weapon. It is mostly carried symbolically, though Nik knows how to use it relatively effectively in combat and as an improvised tool should the need arise.

Background: At the time Nikolai Reznov was born, his home planet was little more than a glorified lumber mill owned by the Jakobs corporation. The majority of the colonists on this planet were underpaid laborers, and the company's rule was tantamount to slavery in the eyes of the people. At the young age of 15, Nikolai became one of the founding members of a Vladof-backed revolution. Using one of their rifles and a revolver pried from the cold, dead hands of one of his former oppressors, the boy was a key figure in driving Jakobs away from the planet in just a few short years. Unfortunately, Vladof and the other rebel leaders were no better than their former masters, once they took charge. The common man suffered once again, and Nik fled the planet in disgust. Since then, he was traveled the known universe making a living as a mercenary. He has now been on Pandora for some time, a new home he sees as the only truly lawless and free place there is. Violent and brutal, certainly, but free.

Sexual Interest/Boundaries: Nikolai is open to sexual practices of all kinds, if not exactly particularly interested in any of them. He does, however, despise forced sex with the same hatred he feels for any other kind of oppression.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Hey, so... Are any of the current major characters not Vault Hunters. Dri isn't, really, and Gaige is more of a part-timer. What about the rest of you? Are any of you out there not quite out and adventuring?"

Pentagious666

I could make a side folk if you like, but Cain is probably going to be bandit deturrant to start with, whatever town you start in that is.  When asked he will step up and become a hunter but until then eh.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Vault Hunters aren't likely to be 'asked' to help, unless one of the other other Vault Hunters wants your protection or something."

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Jinxed One

Any arguments to me using the Legendary Shield "The Sham"? It isn't particularly strong but I can see how it's special ability would help me... The only thing it does really is absorb bullets shot at me at a high rate until it breaks. (Absorbed bullets can then be fired) It can be quite useful but I would be willing to keep it at relatively low damage before it breaks to even things out.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"No reason it really needs to be 'The Sham' if it's stats are lower. Vladof shields are designed to absorb bullets in general, so you can just note a Moderate capacity Vladof shield with a high bullet absorption rate."

Latooni Subota

Alright. How does this stuff look so far?

Name: Saga Sawa    Player: Latooni
Tagline: "Did somebody say treasure?!"
Appearance/Description: As a Siren, Saga has the tell-tale glow-y tattoos starting on the left side of her face, and moving all the way down the left side of her body.

Durability: Moderate. Her armor has pretty good resistance to being pierced, but negligable impact resistance, so the odds of her passing out from the sheer impact of gunfire is higher than the odds of her armor being breached.
Shield: Moderate. It's less that her shield is particularly powerful, and more that her shield has an absurdly high refresh rate. When her shield gets overwhelmed she tends to flee in terror to hide for the short period that it takes to refresh, before leaping out and kicking butt again.

Special Ability: Phase Leap: This ability allows the Siren to instantly travel from one point to another, by warping space between the two points. I say instantly, but there's a slight delay beforehand while the Siren focuses the mental energy to activate the jump. Right now she can jump between 15-20 yards, though with more time to just sit and focus without distractions, she could probably leap further. If she can't see the destination, she cannot leap.

Weapon Specializations: Pistols, Sniper Rifles

Skills: The Siren is petite and quick, hard to get a bead on when she knows you're coming. She lacks the physical strength and endurance of other Vault Hunters, so she relies on her quick-draw style with her high-stopping-power weapons to make up for it. She's an exceptionally good leaper and climber, thanks to a childhood spent exploring company mining sites and fleeing from babysitters through dangerous worksites.

Weapons
Jakobs Sheriff Star: A long-barrel five-shot revolver with an absurdly high stopping power . . and not-at-all impressive range. It's really quite a nice-looking gun, with a pearl-grip handle! It also has an old-fashioned scope on top! How cool is that?!

Jakobs Widowmaker: A heavy single-shot sniper rifle with an absolutely silly amount of armor-piercing power, and a x20 zoom scope with infra-red. This gun is the Siren's pride and joy despite it's obvious limitations. She just loves guns with high stopping power!

Bantam Mk4 Switchblade: The Siren's father's company produced this personal-defense weapon before it was bought out. At first glance it's a simple switchblade, but the high-quality alloys it's made of make it perfect for taking advantage of light armor and the gaps in heavier armor.

Background: Saga Sawa is the adopted daughter of Maggie Sawa, and heiress to the Bantam Corporation, a company specializing in high-quality alloys and materials used in weapons and armor. At least . . she was, until the company was utterly destroyed by corporate shenanigans and buy-outs. Before this happened, the girl was a bit of a wild child, running off and doing whatever she really wanted. Eventually, she decided that what she wanted to do was be a Vault Hunter!

Pandora was her destination, and she set-out to be the GREATEST Vault Hunter in existance! Along with her came three uniquely skilled companions from the company, and they made quite a name for themselves. Bandits and rivals alike cowered in their wake, as they blasted their way across the countryside searching for a Vault to crack. Sadly, just when they felt they were getting on the right path, the Bantam Corporation was wrapped in scandals and bought out for pennies on the dollar.

With no money left in it, Saga's companions eventually went off and did their own things. One became a florist, another became a butcher . . what an ignoble end to a mighty team of Vault Hunters! That was around when word came down that ANOTHER group found a Vault! SUCH EMBARRASSMENT! Saga decided then and there that she'd do what she could to continue being a Vault Hunter, and show everyone that she was NUMBER 1.

Sexual Interest/Boundaries: Saga is pretty open-minded when it comes to naughty matters. Short of scat and getting knives and blood involved, she'd probably be fine with most anything as long as it's not too extreme.

ManyMindsManyVoices

EDIT: "PM sent."

"Still looking to decide where the main hub of the setting will be. There's a poll in the idea thread."

"Also, I'm still working on the OOC thread."

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Zhu Que

Jinxed One

I am super thrilled for this to start too, even though I haven't posted my finished profile. >_< It will be up soon though.

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Honestly, more than players, I'm looking for feedback to get this game up and running. If nothing else, I need more input on the game's hub."

"I really would like to see a Moxxi, since she's more of a static feature of the world, I might see if someone's willing to side-NPC her."

EDIT: "If you want to vote on the game hub, do so by tonight, because I'm going to take it down so I can start building the setting after that. I've narrowed it down to two real choices, since no one seemed to want any of the others."

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I'll probably get the game started tomorrow or the day after. Recruiting won't stop, and if anyone can think of ways to help it, that'd be great. Moxxi's bar will exist (and unless we get a Moxxi soon, I will probably make a profile for her with whatever is generally assumed about her, and someone can fill in the details later), but the bar will be open, with someone else as the tender for now."

"Heyo!"

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

ManyMindsManyVoices

"The IC thread is up, and Dri's first post is done. However, I'm not quite ready to start just yet. I'd like to take the actual game discussion over to the OOC thread and keep the lines of communication between players open."

"Again, recruitment is still open, and it won't close down in the near future."

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

"The game is now up and running, but recruitment is not over. Always happy to have more players!"

AribethAmkiir

Name: Circe     Player: AribethAmkiir

Tagline: Sugar and Spice… not likely.
Appearance/Description: Weary brown eyes caked heavily with dark mascara peer indifferently from a mass of spiked blonde dyed tips which jut in a carefully orchestrated cacophony upon Circe’s head.  Beneath the hair rests a young woman’s face, innocent and sweet except for a twinkle in the eyes which belies a very dangerous “little girl”.  Circe wears a green jacket, capable of protecting her from small arms fire, zipped to varying degrees of modesty as her mood requires.  Snug pants and a white undershirt complete the rest of her suit.  A bandolier worn at a diagonal accentuates her hips and holds her Torgue explossive repeater pistol.

Durability: Circe’s jacket allows her to take some small arms fire but isn’t designed for sustained protection.  If her shields go down, it’s best if she stays behind cover until they recharge.
Shield: A Maliwan Fire Spike shield, this shield is durable and can withstand a barrage of heavy fire for a short amount of time.  The recharge isn’t fast, but it’s fast enough that it leaves little downtime for the Siren to work without them.  The shield also has the notable effect of burning anyone that strikes Circe in close quarters.

Special Ability: Phaselock - Effectively locks a target between dimensions, freezing them in place, and leaving them incapacitated for a short amount of time during which the target is vulnerable to attacks.  Rumors abound that Circe’s Phaselock ability does more than simply freeze a target though those who have experienced it have never been given the chance to discuss it. Like all Sirens Circe can also use the Phase Strike ability.

Weapon Specializations: Circe is an expert with repeater pistols, and assault rifles.
Skills: Hacking, hiding, and getting into places she shouldn’t be.

Weapons

Vladof Slag Spinigun - High rate of fire assault rifle with three rotating barrels and a 30 shot magazine. It fires slag bullets, which allows her to saturate the field with slag to weaken enemies.  Softens the enemies up and lets Archon tear through ‘em.

Torgue Hand Cannon - It was a gift, kinda.  Acheron handed it to her and told her not to lose it.  She’s had it ever since. This pistol is a heavy power explosive weapon (for a pistol) and holds 4 shots per reload and fires at a decent rate.

Phase Strike - Like all Sirens Circe is able to use her phase shifting powers in a more direct, hand-to-hand fashion causing severe damage from her melee strikes.

Background:
Circe was born a Siren, and despite having tattoos that covered her left arm and body since she could remember, she was content to believe her parents when they told her it simply meant she was “special”.  Special enough to force her folks to move constantly, stay low, and never bring unwanted attention to themselves.  That lasted for a few years, then someone would notice Circe’s tattoos and the family would pick up in the middle of the night and run for it.  She lost her ma when she was seven and her pa when she was nine.  By that time she’d figured out she was the reason for their deaths.  Her and her tattoos.  She would’ve likely been caught and killed too if she hadn’t had the good sense to find the biggest, meanest bloke she could and convince him to help her.  All it took was a sad look, a gentle touch, and a quiet please.  She’d chosen well and the blood of her hunters was proof enough.

Circe left with Acheron and his mercenary pals, the Red Dogs, and never looked back.  She was eager to prove herself, learned quickly how to defend herself, and took to killing like a duck to water.  It was easy enough.  All she had to do was simply imagine the person she was killing had killed her ma and pa.  Over time she figured out how to use her Siren abilities and began to enjoy the friendships she had forged with Acheron and the other Red Dogs.  That, of course, ended.  Two men, she thought she could trust, accosted her while she was sleeping.  One had slipped a bag over her head while the other tried to pin her to her bunk.  A phaselock suspended one and allowed her to move, find her gun and shoot the other.  She almost unloaded on Acheron when he came to rescue her, covered in blood like he always was, as if bullets would’ve stopped him if he’d been against her.  It always amazed her what a simple touch and word had done.

The two rid themselves of the garbage.  Then Circe, having heard rumors of Pandora and Eridium her entire life, convinced Acheron to take them to the Vault planet.

Sexual Interest/Boundaries: She has a thing for people who are loyal, strong, and make her feel safe.  Despite having interest in Acheron, he still sees her as a little girl and that doesn’t really do it for him.  Sex isn’t something Circe seeks, though a bit of warm companionship on a cold night isn’t something she’ll turn down, unless the person is ugly, or mean, or has tried to kill her in the past 48 hours. 

ManyMindsManyVoices

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ShanaTheIV

*Raises hand*

Any room for another vault huntress? Perhaps another siren?

Edit: Never mind about the siren part. I'd feel better being more creative.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"We have room for another Vault Hunter of any gender, but currently not a siren, so no worries about the creativity thing. You'll have to be creative!"

ShanaTheIV

I might dish out another character later during the day since it's quite late here. As usual, I'll use an anime/manga style for the picture if that's okay...

Asok

Pardon my asking, but would I be alright to join in on this fun time?

As for a role, I'd preferably like to be a Vault Hunter based on a class of my own creation (one I call "Butler of the Battlefield"), but if there are too many Hunters, I can find a comfortable spot as another role.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: ShanaTheIV on November 03, 2012, 01:50:29 AM
I might dish out another character later during the day since it's quite late here. As usual, I'll use an anime/manga style for the picture if that's okay...

"That's cool."

Quote from: Asok on November 03, 2012, 01:56:58 AM
Pardon my asking, but would I be alright to join in on this fun time?

As for a role, I'd preferably like to be a Vault Hunter based on a class of my own creation (one I call "Butler of the Battlefield"), but if there are too many Hunters, I can find a comfortable spot as another role.

"Sure, we're not closed to recruitment. We could use an interesting Doctor, I have no idea what to think about 'Butler of the Battlefield'."

Asok

Ah, well, Battlefield Butler would simply be the characer's action skill. He has a robot that follows him around known as B.I.T.C.H.B.O.T. (Barely Intellectual Team Cache for Holding Burdensome Overweight Things) which carries all the ammo, shields, guns, etc. (has nearly limitless room inside itself) and is clinically depressed and near suicidal (doesn't have the courage to do it though, as the character programmed him that way). The character is semi-aubsive towards it.
BITCHBOT has a personality core accepting slot which the character would insert two main personality cores: G.R.E.A.T.R.O.B. (Generally Really Effective Autonomous Team Regenerator of Overpowering Barriers) that boosts the team's shields, increases firing rate, and gives out ammo from its nearly unlimited storage. While under the personality of G.R.E.A.T.R.O.B., it becomes practically motherly, spouting caring lines like, "Don't scrape your knee!" and, "let momma kiss your ouchies to make it feel better.
The other core, B.A.D.R.O.B., is a foul-mouthed, angry, destructive bot that uses all the guns in its storage to destroy every baddy (and sometimes goody) in sight.
So, does the Battlefield Butler sound like a good addition to the team?

Pentagious666

Me and Asok were chattin and we came up with an Idea for his Battlefield Butler, He knows Victor Cain, as a matter of fact the SoB designed Aegis.  I thought that was a fairly good plan.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Asok on November 03, 2012, 04:55:41 AM
Ah, well, Battlefield Butler would simply be the characer's action skill. He has a robot that follows him around known as B.I.T.C.H.B.O.T. (Barely Intellectual Team Cache for Holding Burdensome Overweight Things) which carries all the ammo, shields, guns, etc. (has nearly limitless room inside itself) and is clinically depressed and near suicidal (doesn't have the courage to do it though, as the character programmed him that way). The character is semi-aubsive towards it.
BITCHBOT has a personality core accepting slot which the character would insert two main personality cores: G.R.E.A.T.R.O.B. (Generally Really Effective Autonomous Team Regenerator of Overpowering Barriers) that boosts the team's shields, increases firing rate, and gives out ammo from its nearly unlimited storage. While under the personality of G.R.E.A.T.R.O.B., it becomes practically motherly, spouting caring lines like, "Don't scrape your knee!" and, "let momma kiss your ouchies to make it feel better.
The other core, B.A.D.R.O.B., is a foul-mouthed, angry, destructive bot that uses all the guns in its storage to destroy every baddy (and sometimes goody) in sight.
So, does the Battlefield Butler sound like a good addition to the team?

"It teeters on the edge, because it could be played in a quite overpowered fashion. So you'll have to watch yourself, and keep your actual character's level of ridiculous down to a moderate level (making the user more vulnerable, and lower quality guns due to hoarding so many other guns for the robot). I'm a tiny bit iffy, because of Gaige and kinda being all up in her role. It would work best if the character is maybe more of a programmer than an engineer, and managed to find some partially pieced together stuff and fix it up enough to program the cores and such."

ShanaTheIV

Question: Am I allowed to use bows and arrows instead, or at least as a signature move?

My character would be more than willing to use guns once she adapts to Pandora, but I'd still like it as a unique ability since it's her trademark. She's from another diminution.   

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Dimension?"

"I don't mind bow and arrow wielding, but alternate dimension stuff I'd call into question. From a more primitive planet works for me."

ShanaTheIV

Damn spell check.

Well, no big deal. I'm working on my character now. I might have her ready in a few.

Pentagious666

I'm excited lots of people are playing it'll be fun!  And everyone is pretty active too, it's GREAT!
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ShanaTheIV

Under construction: I just wanted to post this already in case something happens. I once had to start over. >_>

Name: Rena   Player: Me
Tagline: "Kick all day!"
Appearance/Description: (To do)

Durability: Below Average. While Rena is no push over in actual combat, her kind is generally fragile. There is little more room for mistake when her shield breaks, but that's where her agility comes in...
Shield: High. To make up for her low durability, Rena decided to have extra protection, using Pangolin quality shields. The drawback is, this reduces the elven's overall speed slightly, because of it's high capacity.

Special Ability:
Amazing Elf. Elves are known for their amazing agility and archery skills, and Rena is no exception. Once charged up, Rena would have increased speed and reflexes (she would also have an afterimage technique), making her very hard to hit. Additionally, her bow and arrow shots do greater damage and accuracy, as well as her kicks.

Weapon Specializations: Pistols, SMGs, Bow and arrows (Preferably, non Hyperion Tech)
Skills: Rena is known for her above-average agility as mention previously, and also have a thing for corrosion and slag. In addition, she is a good climber and can even wall-jump. Rena is also a Taekwondo artist, specializing in kicks when it comes to CQC (she rarely punches instead). To a lesser extent, Rena is even a good dancer as well. 

Weapons:

• Fate, her bow and arrow. Rena had been using this weapon for the longest. It was a gift from her lover, Lou, and her most treasured item. It have the ability to pierce through enemies, hitting more than one if she's lucky. 
  • Any corrosive pistols or SMGs. Because she hates robots and green is her favorite color.
  • Her legs.

Background:
Sexual Interest/Boundaries:

ManyMindsManyVoices

"No elves, not the setting for that. Already stated in the third post, humans, cyborgs/androids, sirens."

ShanaTheIV

ManyMindsManyVoices

"You could have a reasonably pointed-eared human, or a maybe a pointed eared android. I mean, I could see where a company might design a perfect 'elf' android for various reasons."

ShanaTheIV

I have her rough draft saved for her this time so I'll try again. This time, I'll PM you the results instead. Sorry for the mistake.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"It's quite alright, as long as you're understanding, I don't mind working out something that we can both agree with."