News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The most annoying Game moments!!

Started by AK89, September 01, 2014, 09:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted Crow

Dynasty Warriors 6, I think did that differently. But SW2:E and DW5:E did it in the way I mentioned, which irks me. Makes it predictable and a bit unfair to the player actually doing stuff on the map.

I am curious on how DW7:E holds up, alas I have no PS3 yet.   ???

Drake Valentine

Yea, well the games kind of get repetitive after awhile as well. >.< 7 was interesting, you could summon a mount you bought and you could have up to two different weapons equipped/switch through them. Also in customizing your character you can select their special moves from any move, not just the move of the weapon. Of course, I try to stay around similar weapon specials since they will just pull out some random weapon to do the special. DWE:7 also had a lot of scenes going on with your character and there are different endings depending on your fame level.

Also if you are 'evil' Emperor, your generals will leave you left and right unless they are 'evil.' But again, lot of repetitiveness in that game series, which I got bored with it after two-three playthroughs.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Oniya

I remember at least one game where the enemies leveled based on your 'main' protagonist.  You collected other party members throughout the game, but if you basically kept this one guy in the background and let your 'sidekicks' do all the work and all the leveling, then the enemies would stay at a fairly low level.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vorian

Quote from: TheDevilsHex on September 07, 2014, 02:39:58 AM
Being invaded and loses. That sucks.

On that note any pvp element that intrudes upon the main game unless pvp is the primary point of the game.
Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
Ideas
Absences - Updated 3/26/15

KatKwik

Ugh! Beating the game with all you have and then there's an added surprise!

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

Twisted Crow

Or a random super boss that felt like it was added in at the last minute.

Also... tedious boss battles that take forever. It's not challenging, it's flipping boring. An example of this is Darth Vader in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II. I couldn't ever picture Vader running away from much, either. Not even a ridiculous Starkiller clone.

Euron Greyjoy

Not being able to stop the snowball effect. Key example is when I was playing Rome Total War as the Britons, Spain managed to conquer all of Gaul (France) and Germania (Germany). Before Spain became a super power, I was having some success in Germany conquering mostly the northern cities with ports. However, my faction leader who happened to be also my best general, didn't have any children to become the future heir. I had forgotten you need more settlements, in order to get more family members. With Spain slowly creeping into Germania and a weak family member becoming faction leader, I was forced to withdraw from Germania. Even when I had invaded Spain with three armies and took half of Iberia, they were too strong and able to take back their lost settlements. Don't get me wrong, I love a challenge and the idea of being able to lose. However, I should at least be able to claim victory from the jaws of defeat. If I would of continued the game Spain would of conquered all of Italy and won, having conquered Rome.
"The Devil is in the details, and that's where you'll find me."

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

"There is no such thing as status quo when it comes to relationships. You either come closer together or drift further apart."

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209937.0

DarkAngel111

progress auto saving just as you die....

Repeat, repeat, repeat.... :(
have to start the level over! :(

Dice

Did that in HALO Reach once just after I drove off the side of the map. Loaded, fell off, loaded, fell off. Was quite the laugh to watch.

DarkAngel111

for me it was mostly CoD, a grenade often ended up besides me when checkpoints were being made... lol

Twisted Crow

Poor character balance...

It's annoying when one character is noticeably weaker than others. To the point where you wonder what the developing team was thinking.

Drake Valentine

Upgrading good equipment.

Finding better equipment shortly afterwards now that you spent your material reserves. ;\

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Zekromnomnom

The explanation for the purpose of the Reapers....