For The Crown [New Positions Open =D]

Started by LimitlessNikkie, June 19, 2011, 05:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhaegar14

Alright. That was the idea I got, but I was making sure before my horselord is running around all mundane while everybody else is blasting nukes out of their swords. XD
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

LimitlessNikkie

Rhaegar14

Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

LimitlessNikkie

He looks wonderful Rhaegar. I'm creating a desert girl for him to play against until more people join the Nydewia court. Should be ready tomarrow I believe.

Rhaegar14

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on September 24, 2011, 02:23:48 AM
He looks wonderful Rhaegar. I'm creating a desert girl for him to play against until more people join the Nydewia court. Should be ready tomarrow I believe.

Whose character is leading the Theirins? I'd like to talk to them about playing out some negotiations; that whole "abruptly stopped raiding to put pressure on Theiri" was supposed to be a way of hooking Nydewia into the overarching plot. XD

LimitlessNikkie

Rhaegar14

Uhh... whose permission do you need? XD

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Hey Nikkie,

I was wondering if it's not too late to jump in on this. I know that applications have closed for the Kingdom of Theiri but the lifestyle and customs there really appeal to me. I'd be happy to be a very minor noble, assigned to someone more important's command due to my mastery of military strategy along with politics. If Joslyn wouldn't mind I'd like to be assigned to her character, Juliette Greycastle, as she's the kind of leader I'd be happy to serve under.

I'll do a write up as soon as possible if you're okay with this.

EDIT: On second thoughts Nydewia is looking awfully lonely so I'll play as a noble from there. My profile should be up soon.
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

The Basics
Name: Olivia Wilde
Sex: Female
Orientation: Bisexual (Prefers females)
Role: Noble of Nydewia, Strategist
Player: MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

The Look

Height: 5’2”
Weight: 103 lbs.
Hair: Long, black and incredibly neat unlike most Nydewians
Eyes: Pale Grey
Skin: Pale unlike most Nydewians
Anything Else: An oddity in the Nydewia court, Olivia looks truly out of place amidst the nomadic court due to her foreign ancestry. With pale skin and a small physique, Olivia is incredibly neat and refuses to allow her body to be given any of the tribal tattoos that define the court. Despite her nomadic desert lifestyle she still somehow remains pale and at least looks unfit, without a single callous on her smooth skin even after years of riding across the desert plains.

The Story
Likes: Reading, Writing, Poetry, Etiquette, Diplomacy, Romance, Military Strategy, Intellectuals, Anyone Virtuous
Dislikes: Nomadic Lifestyle, Fighting, Loutish Behaviour, Excessive Drinking, Most Warriors, Snoring

Personality: An incredibly smart, sophisticated woman, Olivia is often seen as the very opposite of the stereotypical Nydewian. An intellectual through and through, she often has very little to say to anyone and when she does she is often softly spoken and polite. Curiously enough, Olivia views warfare not as a brutal, bloody affair but as a problem to be solved like a puzzle. Far removed from the blood and gore of battle she has no qualms about using brutal tactics such as fire attacks, destroying dams to create a flood and other such devastating strategies in order to achieve maximum effectiveness. Her distance from warfare and lack of any sense of connection with others makes her quite detached. However if she were ever to fall under the command of someone who truly cared deeply about those under their command and refused her tactics should the human cost be too high it would potentially have a positive influence on her, provided that this commander were able to gain her respect as well.

Despite seeming cold towards others, Olivia simply has difficulty making friends with others as she has never found anyone she shares much in common with. Beneath her cool, sophisticated demeanour lies the heart of a sweet, innocent young girl who simply seeks a friend, along with a challenge and a purpose in life.

Habits: An intellectual, Olivia almost always has a tome of some kind in her hands and carries a satchel at her side filled with bottles of ink, quills, parchment as well as scrolls and books. She also has a peculiar habit of walking through pub brawls and even battlefields unarmed and unattended, somehow escaping attention as she passes through to attend to “more important” affairs.

Skills: Diplomacy, Debating, Writing, Military Strategy, Analysing Others

History: An orphan from the small village of Sahal along the border of Nydewia and Theiri, Olivia spent the earliest portion of her life within the confines of an orphanage, far removed from conflict. Given a proper education and classes in etiquette, Olivia was an extremely lonely child who compensated by immersing herself fully in her studies. Developing a reputation as a child genius, she never connected well with others due to the others orphans being childish and loutish in her opinion. As she blossomed into a teenager, Olivia took all she had learned from her early years of reading the works of great philosophers, warriors and kings, and began to publish several treatises on politics, with some even finding their way into the courts of nobles.

Being given the epithet of “Prodigy of Sahal”, one of her lesser known works on military strategy found its way into the hands of the Nydewian warrior, Baldur. Intrigued by the young woman’s insight for military strategy he soon set forth for Sahal and adopted Olivia as his own daughter, bringing her back with him to Nydewia. Despite clearly not being Baldur’s daughter, this did not impact on her greatly as Nydewian custom often saw those considered worthy of merit being adopted into the family of warriors and treated as equals. Introducing Baldur’s small band to new formations and tactics, Olivia assisted Baldur into rising from a small time horselord into the chieftain responsible for guarding one of the three major castles in Nydewia with the title “Baldur the Great”.

However Olivia rapidly came to despise the Nydewian court, which was so drastically different from what she considered to be befitting of a gathering of true nobility. Her intellectualism was looked down upon as unnecessary elitism by many and books were even harder to come across than a meaningful conversation. Worst still, she was forced to stop writing to her pen pals in Theiri and Aserit, as it was considered treasonous to communicate with the enemy. (As such, some of the other characters may unknowingly be a former friend of Olivia’s in their youth).

Despite being the opposite of everything it meant to be a Nydewian, both in personality and appearance, she was seen as something of an exotic beauty by the warriors of Nydewia who often tried to court her to no avail. Frustrated and bored with her life, Olivia often manipulated the men who formed the court in a complicated cloak-and-dagger game of politics, becoming a key behind the scenes player in the rise and fall of many a young warrior. Despite this often serving her mysterious purposes towards some kind of unknown endgame, she curiously once remarked to a disgraced warrior who asked her why she plays these games that she “was just bored and wanted to pass the time.”

However even this wearisome existence was not to last, as with the rapid changes occurring in Nydewia, Olivia was sent by Baldur as a gift to the roaming court of King Haidar of the Rampage. She soon became a close confidant of King Haidar’s, taking care of many of the duties he found irritating including monitoring the treasury, organising his schedule and other administrative duties. Despite her quiet dislike of Haidar she was always polite and charming in his presence, ensuring that he never came to dislike her. Curiously enough the two of them have even bonded slightly over the King’s strange love of poetry. With Nydewia about to enter into negotiations with other states, Olivia is almost always at the King’s side, serving as one of his chief advisors, diplomats and, in some cases, even a military strategist. Her motives, as always, remain unclear although many believe that she seeks the two things she has never possessed in life; an intellectual equal, whether they be a friend or a rival, and a purpose in life for which to use her great gifts.
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

AngelicBlade

The Basics
Name: Zyel Nefeir
Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight
Role: Gypsy Leader
Player: AngelicBlade

The Look
Height: 5'11
Weight: 142 lb
Hair: White
Eyes: Red
Skin: A milky chocolate color
Anything else: He has scars  all over his torso from his hunting of bears and big cats.

The story
Likes: Helping people, entertainering people, hunting, training his archery and knife throwing skills, music.
Dislikes: Royalty, wealthy people, arogent people, fighting, racism, harm to nature.
Personality: Zyel is a calm person. He never lies about anything and he stays out of trouble as best he can. Zyel is a smart younge man who enjoys helping people gypsy or otherwise, though he enjoys hunting over all other things infact he spends more time in the woods than in the gypsy camp, which is why he respects the second in-command for watching over the camp while he's away, Zyel is also very exporitive and learn new as many things as he can.
Habits: Zyel spends alot of time training, either it be archery, knife throwing, or his athletics he's usually always training, but inbetween his training Zyel loves to play his ocarina with the other musicians in the gypsy camp.
Skills:Archery that most men and women from far and wide would star in awe from, knife throwing, dagger skills, hand to hand skills, wilderness survial, long distance running, reading, writing, ways to talk out of most situations, herbal mixturing skills.
History Zyel's life started like all other like himself, his parents were the leaders of the gypsy camp, therefore he would be the next leader, from the younge age of seven his father tstarted teaching him how to be an archer of legend, such as the gypsies were, Zyel mastered the archery at the age of ten and has been going beond the normal skills of the other gypies, at the age of ten his mother taught him how to knife throw, Zyel didn't find knife throwing as much fun as archer so he never decieded to keep on with it after he mastered it.

Zyel's first major hunt was when he was thirteen, him and his father went out hunting, towards the end of the day Zyel has about five deer and seven rabits, but as him and his father were draggin their game in a bear attacked the two, Zyel froze in fear as the bear charged him, but his father pushed him out of the way before the bear reached him. The bear tackled Zyel's father instead. Zyel watched in horror as the bear mauled his father, Zyel's rage over powered his fear and he picked up his bow and fired two arrows into the bear's skull, both in each of it's eyes. But his father was dead, Zyel returned to the camp dragging his father, which he wrapped up.

After the death of his father Zyel was hardly ever cheerful, infact the only time he even smiled was when there was music being played. So his mother traded things for a finely crafted ocarina, and she gave it to him on his forteenth birthday, Zyel then learned how to play it from a musicion in the camp. The following years nothing to eventful happened untile his seventeenth birthday, Zyel was out hunting  and was attacked by a large cat, Zyel killed the thing before it could do any major damage to him. But when he returned to the camp he had his deep cuts  bandaged which many scars on his body. He gained a few more scars from bears and such on later hunts, Zyel hates these scars. He feels they don't help showcase his skills as a hunter, or and Archer very well. Zyel's mother left to live in a big city in Theiri. So Zyel took over the leadership role at the age of eighteenth. Zyel threw many fairs, in both kingdoms, not for money but for the enjoy of pleasing people, and making them happy. The goods that they gain are just and added bonus to him, though he usually let his second design the fairs and handle the goods that are traded.

At the  age of nineteen Zyel left the second in command in charge of the gypsy camp until he got back from traveling around the contenet exploring and getting new goods and other valuables. Zyel returned from his travels a few weeks after his twenty first birthday. The gypsies were happy he returned and delighted in the gifts he braught them, they had a small celetabori week for his return to them. In that week the held celebrasions in Theiri, the fair was much grander than the others they had held and it drew many people from all over to witness such a site. The fair seemed like it ended to quickly to Zyel, but he spent most of his time preforming and with his mother. Zyel said his farewells to his mother and the gypsies returned to their camp.

AngelicBlade

*Ahem*, Is this alright? If not I can change it.  O:)

Rhaegar14

So since we have three characters up now, are there threads for Nydewia up anywhere?

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

A pleasure to be serving under you, my lord -curtsies-  ;D

Rhaegar14

LimitlessNikkie

Sorry everyone I've been overloaded with school >.< I'll get you the Nydewia thread up tonight if all goes as planned. Everyone's approved thank you all your characters are wonderful.

AngelicBlade I NPCed the gypsies into Theiri earlier so you can post within the castle if you'd like, being a welcomed guest of the Theiri court. I'll also get a Gypsy thread up in the next day or so just so we have it.

AngelicBlade

Alrighty, I hope school smooths out for you. I am also dealing with school myself so I can understand your situation

Edit: Damn, six pages to read before I can post. Should've read up before hand.  ;D

LimitlessNikkie

yeah it's a lot, I have it planned to write a basic outline of what has happened thus fr and add it to the Wiki but I just haven't gotten that far yet.

LimitlessNikkie

Thank you to those of you who used the bio coding from the first post. As a note I'm really particular about the uniformity of the bio outlines it make them easier to read at a glance and use for reference during game play if they are all in the same format. It takes time for me to go through and reformat profiles, time I could be using in other way to improve the game so please as a favor to me use the coding from the first post. Thank you.

LimitlessNikkie

RedEve

Are you still recruiting or is this now completely closed?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

LimitlessNikkie

The Gypsies and Nydewia are still open and taking members

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Hey Nikkie,

Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into this. I've only just found out where all the boards are so I'm reading up now. I'm really sorry I didn't use the template at the start. I'm not really the most technologically literate and I'm new to these boards so I'm really sorry about the inconvenient hassle. I'm really excited to get started so thanks for having me.  :-)

LimitlessNikkie

It's OK Marissa I understand completely how confusing some of this stuff is at the beginning. The only reason I mention it is because of how much work goes into this on my part and little thing like that just take time I could put to better use to further improve this game. The wiki linked on the first page is a good resource to kind of get a feeling for the world and diffrent kingdoms and if you have any questions everyones really friendly so don't hesitate to ask anything in the OOC.

blknwhite11

The Basics
Name: Azucena
Sex: Female
Orientation: Heterosexual
Role: Gypsy Performer
Player: blknwhite11
The Look
Height: 5'7”
Weight:120 lbs
Hair: Chestnut Brown
Eyes: Violet
Skin: Russet Shade of brown
Anything else: Small cut scar on her inner right thigh.
The story
Likes: The moon, Delphiniums, music, butterflies, her gypsy family
Dislikes: children getting killed, Prejudice based on appearances or disfigurement, Onions
Personality: Being an exotic beauty, Azucena chooses to entice her audience with mystery, or curiosity, which is why she performs with a veil. She also uses a veil, because she doesn't like smiling, as she is quite coy, and melancholy. Besides the gypsies, there are exceptionally few men and women that she really trusts to give her warming side towards.

She shows compassion towards those who experienced pain or struggle. She isn't afraid to stand up against prejudice and injustice involving disfigurements or disabilities. Issues like that tends to keep her blood boiling internally. Even though she has never experienced pain and struggle, her biological mother has, or so Azucena was told by her mentor mother.
Habits: She heard from a mystic that the moon brings purification to one's aura, or soul, and staring at it causes the person's soul to cleanse. This is simply a myth, but it's more of a practice in Azucena's case. Sometimes, she gazes at the moon for nearly 20 minutes.
Skills: Dancing is her strongest skill, while using her acrobatic techniques to flare the entertainment. Her instrument of choice during her performances are the tambourines.
History: Azucena's childhood started out quite rocky since birth. Her mother was a slave raped by a man residing at the Aserit kingdom. Whom this individual is, no one knows but her mother. While pregnant with her daughter, she struggled to escape the kingdom, being beaten to death secretly by a small amount of guards. It wasn't until she was three months pregnant that she finally escaped their grasps, but her health was deteriorating as she had no food and water. It took her days traveling to a safe location until she was found in a forest, cold and shaking, by a group of gypsies. Discovering her pregnant womb, they carried her to their home and nursed her to better health so the baby would survive.
They were able to take Azucena out of her mother's womb months later, but her mother had lost a lot of blood from the procedure that they had to perform in order to take the child out (Caesarean). With her life at a thread, she made her final wish, which was to have them take care of her daughter once she comes out of the womb, and the gypsies chose to make that wish come true.
Azucena was raised by a Gypsy dancer in the camp, who was one of the most skillful entertainers in the universe. The dancer taught her successor acrobatics, dancing, and methods of enchantment. Azucena had grown curious about her biological mother, and it took Azucena to be at that reasonable age (11), for her mentor to explain the fate of her mother. From that point on, Azucena would swear vengeance against the Aserit, and she would use her entertainment and beauty as a way to work her way into solving who was her mother's raper.

Stats
Sword fighting (light): 4/10
Archery: 0/10
Heavy Weapons: 0/10
Exotic Weapons: 4/10
Dagger/ Knife: 3/10
Strength: 0/10
Endurance: 5/10
Speed: 7/10
Acrobatics: 10/10
Stealth: 7/10
Grace: 11/10
Horsemanship: 4/10

55 points (+1 nationality, +1 personal)

LimitlessNikkie

Azucena looks great! The gypsies are currently in Theiri feel free to post as you wish, and welcome blknwhite11 to For The Crown.