Do you want your mind blown?

Started by Love And Submission, February 01, 2013, 06:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Quote from: DTW on June 05, 2014, 10:17:54 AM
Oh god I just ruined Star Wars for myself. If Wookie's live on a jungle planet , why did they grow all that hair? Their home world is incredibly hot ,  how does all that hair benefit them in such a climate?  Their evolution doesn't make any sense! Damn it.

You could ask this guy.

Nature.  *nods*  Things that make you go 'Huh?'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Love And Submission

Quote from: Oniya on June 05, 2014, 10:21:41 AM
You could ask this guy.

Nature.  *nods*  Things that make you go 'Huh?'

Well that raises another questions. Sloth's grew fur because they came to south america through island hopping.  They were originally from a cold climate and ended up in a warm  one. So if Wookies are like Sloth's....Where did they come from and what made  leave their home world? Because the planet they are on now (or at least at the time of the films) was completely warm. So either their planet warmed due to some unknown reason or they  traveled from another planet to their new world which again  has  not  been explained by the  franchise.

Sloth's are not   sentient , so their migration was most likely involuntary. Wookie's on the other hand are sentient so again...Why did they leave and where did they come from?

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Oreo

The fur on an animal actually protects them from the heat as well as the cold. It acts as insulation. Maybe the same with Wookies.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

cptBacon

Quote from: Oreo on June 05, 2014, 07:43:41 PM
The fur on an animal actually protects them from the heat as well as the cold. It acts as insulation. Maybe the same with Wookies.
I was doing find until the Wookies part. But now...
A super detailed introduction to me:
O/O

My current stories:
The Art of Seduction | Grey Skies
Along for the Ride | She Let Herself Go

Love And Submission

Oniya

Pigs will eat anything.  At least two serial killers have made use of that fact.  Robert Pickton and Marianne Skoublinska (second heading)

Love And Submission

Quote from: Oniya on June 05, 2014, 09:57:54 PM
Pigs will eat anything.  At least two serial killers have made use of that fact.  Robert Pickton and Marianne Skoublinska (second heading)

So Will cats but murder (of humans at least.) isn't generally in their  wheelhouse. Wild Boars do kill people I think but it's pretty rare for domesticated pigs to just start slaughtering people.

Speaking of which , I hate the cliche of "All Animals Can Kill." That's Garbage. Nobody's ever been killed by a penguin , alright? The number people killed by  Otters is historically low.

Oniya

Actually, your article suggested that the man may have died of a heart attack, or foul play as well as the possibility of the pigs.  The pigs just disposed of the body.  Personally, I think the heart attack is most likely, considering the victim profile.

Love And Submission

Quote from: Oniya on June 05, 2014, 10:43:33 PM
Actually, your article suggested that the man may have died of a heart attack, or foul play as well as the possibility of the pigs.  The pigs just disposed of the body.  Personally, I think the heart attack is most likely, considering the victim profile.

QuoteIn 2004, a Romanian woman was knocked unconscious and eaten by the pigs on her farm, UPI reported at the time. The news report did not say whether the woman survived, only that the pigs had eaten the woman's ears and half her face. Her husband, sedated, told reporters: "I'll never breed such beasts again."

Yeah  that's mind blowing. That's not typical pig behavior is it?
I've never heard that before.

Oniya

I don't believe they typically seek out meat, but if there's something edible literally dropped in front of them (and an unconscious body would count), they aren't going to snub it.  You have several large, hungry animals, all going for a bucket held by something at least half their mass (and likely smaller than that), and you really want a fence in between for safety.  It's not that they lie around until one says 'Hey, Wilbur.  When the farmer comes by with our slop, let's off him.'  It's more like 'FOOOOD!Foodfoodfood!' *bump* 'Fooooood!'

Love And Submission

Quote from: Oniya on June 05, 2014, 10:53:10 PM
I don't believe they typically seek out meat, but if there's something edible literally dropped in front of them (and an unconscious body would count), they aren't going to snub it.  You have several large, hungry animals, all going for a bucket held by something at least half their mass (and likely smaller than that), and you really want a fence in between for safety.  It's not that they lie around until one says 'Hey, Wilbur.  When the farmer comes by with our slop, let's off him.'  It's more like 'FOOOOD!Foodfoodfood!' *bump* 'Fooooood!'

But eating a live , breathing body is unusual for a pig. Regardless of Consciousness or not.

I don't know. I'm not an expert on pigs. I just thought it was an unusual and  interesting story to share.

Love And Submission

Today I learned Wiener Schnitzel isn't German.

And neither was Ferdinand Porsche.

Oreo

Oniya

Oreo

A fun English game. Place the word "only" anywhere in the sentence. The meaning keeps changing, but the grammar is always correct.

She told him that she loved him.

Shjade

Quote from: Oreo on September 16, 2014, 12:24:39 PM
A fun English game. Place the word "only" anywhere in the sentence. The meaning keeps changing, but the grammar is always correct.

She told him that she loved him.

It's games like these that remind me why I like playing with words. n.n
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Oreo

Inkidu

Ladies, Lords, and Lieges a simple thought blew my mind today and I want to share it with you.

I present the Hipster's Paradox!

"I was hating hipsters before it was cool."

Boom...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Inkidu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUT47Za7lPY

Not only is it possible; it can be achieved in a way I would have never in a million years believed. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oreo

How Far We Have Come

Now all this fits in your pocket!!

Wolven Soul

Whatever you wanna call em, that new movie was god awful.
Est Sularis Oth Mithas

My O/O's

CaptainNexus616

I'm about to ruin Lion King for you all. At the start of the movie there were only two adult male lions. Scar and Mufasa. Now Scar never hung out with the Pride. Later in the movie Simba's love interest Nala was part of the same Pride who was her father?  >:)

When you figure it out your childhood will have been ruined.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Oniya

Not to mention the fact that male lions will kill any cubs they haven't fathered if they take over a pride.  So, even if Scar had fathered a cub with one of the Pride Rock lionesses, Mufasa would have taken care of that.