Taken, a Game of the Captive (DnD 3.5 or PF) (NC-EX)

Started by ShadowFox89, January 27, 2012, 08:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kongming

Quote from: Kimera on January 29, 2012, 03:58:04 PM
how about lvl 7-10, not to strong, but you can already do some stuff

Yeah, I like the higher level stuff too. That said, the higher the level, the harder the "you don't have equipment" thing hits. In the earliest levels, it only means "enemies have an easier time hitting the characters who normally wear armour, characters who rely on weapons... have a problem". Later on though, it means PCs routinely fail saving throws, enemies automatically hit PCs, PCs have a harder time affecting enemies with abilities and so on.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

ShadowFox89

Well, you'll be getting equipment. You just won't start with anything. Any equipment will require some creativity to get.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

I dont mind either way, I have more experience with Pathfinder but whatever you want.

ShadowFox89

Been a few days, how is everyone coming along with their characters?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

ShadowFox89

I've got some of it.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 29, 2012, 02:16:27 PM
Hmm..

Wukong Singe: The Laughing Brigand.

Background: No one was sure where the infamous Wukong Singe had come from. Rumor varied, most of them having been created by the infamous liar himself. He was a man cursed by a mage, or he was a monkey gifted with human qualities, or he was a trickster spirit made flesh. Whatever reason he came to be, the man-monkey was known to steal from those he felt took advantage of others (including bent tax collectors). Finally his thirst for drink has gotten him captured and locked away after one particularly epic (in his tales) drinking adventure over most of the city.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

You want the actual character sheet now right?

i was waiting on level & gear stuff to be hammered out I thik

ShadowFox89

Ah, sorry, no. Didn't want an actual character sheet. But things like race, class, personality, and physical description might help a bit.

As for level, I think 8 should do it. Gear, you can put up a wishlist (within reason, so asking for a Sphere of Annihilation is out) of stuff you would like to get as the game goes on.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kongming

Oh, sure thing~

In that case, I put forward:

Name: Laelia Hahn
Race: Human (appears to be a minor succubus of sorts, however)
Class: Beguiler (PHB 2)
Brief Personality: despite her appearance, she doesn't actually act like a demon, and is still very much determined to do good - although she doesn't want to life as a subservient captive either. Has become more of a pervert as a result of the soul-searing (below).
A few notes on Physical Description: soft, yielding skin with a light bronze touch to it, full pouty lips that are naturally red, wide innocent green eyes, and sweeping black hair. She also has tiny jutting horns and a whiplike tail.
Why she's caught: Laelia had been adventuring in the lower planes, trying to destroy demonkind, when she got... entangled with some succubi. She was less than successful, and they did many things with her - sucking out a large amount of her soul and filling her with demonic essence. As a result, they warped her very being, and so when she returned... she looked like a fiend, and was captured and geas'ed into submission to be put to work as a bound demon of sorts.

(The background there and demonic appearance would be represented by Abyssal Heritor feats - feats that make you more demonic in certain ways)

Does that look good?
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

ShadowFox89

Hmmmm.... Maybe part of Laelia's geass involves her being bound to work at the prison? She's technically a prisoner, she isn't allowed to leave the island. But she technically works for the kingdom, so she get's out of the system that would involve being raped and abused by the guards/other inmates.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kongming

That could work - obviously the geas would forbid her harming (through action or inaction) any of the other captives or captors. And perhaps some of the female captors could ignore her restrictions and position and have their way with her anyway :3

Ons/Offs:

ShadowFox89

I think I have a few npcs that could work. One of them, Kimera is familiar with.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kongming

So, how do you want the ability scores generated? An array, point-buy or rolling? I can get the stat side of things done in fairly short order, now that I have the image in mind.

Ons/Offs:

ShadowFox89

40pt buy. I will update the first post after some sleep.

To get an idea of influences for the game, Deadman Wonderland is a good start.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kongming

Name: Laelia Hahn
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Orientation: Lesbian
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity: Sune
Class & Level: Beguiler 8 (Favoured)

Strength7(-2)
Dexterity14(+2)
Constitution14(+2)
Intelligence22(+6)
Wisdom15(+2)
Charisma16(+3)

Initiative: +3
Speed: 30' (30')
Hit Points: 46/46 (0 non-lethal, 0 temporary, 0 vile, 0 frostburn)
Immunities: none
Resistances: none

BAB: +4
CMB/CMD:+2/DC 15
Melee Attacks: +2
Ranged Attacks: +6

Armour Class: 20 (+2 Dex, +3 Natural +4 Mage Armour +1 Insight)
Flat Footed: 17
Touch Attacks: 13 (17 on Incorporeal Touch Attacks)

Saves:BaseAbilityMiscTotal
Fort:+2+2+0+4
Ref:+2+2+0+4
Will:+6+2+0+8

Languages Spoken:
-Common
-Abyssal
-Infernal
-Elven
-Sylvan
-Celestial

Proficiencies:
-Light Armour
-No Shields
-Simple Weapons
-Hand Crossbow, Rapier, Shortbow, Shortsword

Feats:
1 HD: Otherworldly Countenance (Beauty: Perform Bonus, 4/day Fascinate 1 creature DC 17, -2 on Disguise checks)
Human: Demonic Skin (Natural Armour, -2 on Escape Artist checks)
3 HD: Eyes of the Abyss (30' Darkvision, Notice and Search Boost, -2 on Diplomacy checks)
5 HD: Vestigial Wings (Slow Fall, Jump Boost, -2 on Swim checks)
7 HD: Precognitive Visions (floating Insight Bonus - AC and Initiative, -2 on Notice checks)

Skills:

Know (Arcana)+17
Know (Planes)+17
Craft (Alchemy)+17
Perform (Dance)+18
Acrobatics+13 (+29 to Jump)
Bluff+14
Search+21
Disable Device+17
Escape Artist+11
Notice+17
Use Magic Device+14
Sleight of Hand+14
Diplomacy+16
Sense Motive+13

Traits:
Magical Knack: Prestidigitation 1/day
Charming: if target is attracted to me, +1 DC on [Language Dependent], +1 on Bluff and Diplomacy

Class Features:
Armoured Mage
Trapfinding
Spellcasting
Cloaked Casting (+1 Save DC, +2 to overcome SR)
Surprise Casting (move action)
Silent Spell
Advanced Learning: Friendly Face and Vision of Entropy

Spellcasting:
Cantrips: DC 15
-6/day [  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]
-Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Message, Open/Close, Read Magic
1st Level: DC 16
-8/day [X][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]
-Charm Person, Colour Spray, Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Doors, Disguise Self, Expeditious Retreat
-Hypnotism, Mage Armour, Obscuring Mist, Rouse, Silent Image, Sleep, Undetectable Alignment, Whelm
+Friendly Face
2nd Level: DC 17
-8/day [  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]
-Blinding Colour Surge, Blur, Daze Monster, Detect Thoughts, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Hypnotic Pattern
-Invisibility, Knock, Minor Image, Mirror Image, Misdirection, See Invisibility, Silence
-Spiderclimb, Stay the Hand, Touch of Idiocy, Vertigo, Whelming Blast
+Vision of Entropy
3rd Level: DC 18
-6/day [  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]
-Arcane Sight, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Crown of Veils, Deep Slumber, Dispel Magic, Displacement
-Glibness, Halt, Haste, Hesitate, Hold Person, Inevitable Defeat, Invisibility Sphere, Legion of Sentinels
-Major Image, Nondetection, Slow, Suggestion, Vertigo Field, Zone of Silence
4th Level: DC 19
-4/day [  ][  ][  ][  ]
-Charm Monster, Confusion, Crushing Despair, Freedom of Movement, Greater Invisibility
-Greater Mirror Image, Locate Creature, Mass Whelm, Phantom Battle, Rainbow Pattern, Solid Fog

Item Wishlist:
-Circlet of Intellect
-Cloak of Charisma or Resistance
-Ring of Deflection
-Gloves of Dexterity
-Wand of Cure Light Wounds
-Shortbow + arrows (magic or otherwise)

Ons/Offs:

Callie Del Noire

Snake

ShadowFox89

Pathfinder for the most part, but there might be feats or classes not found in pathfinder. Like the beguiler. Just make sure to note what source everything is from.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

awww I had a pretty neat idea for a barbarian :( off to the drawing board

Callie Del Noire

Name: 'Lady' Valerie Thorn (aka Kat Larue, Bella Desay, and others)
Race: Catfolk
Sex: Female
Orientation: Bi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity: Callistra
Class & Level: Fighter 8
Signature Weapon: Aldori Dueling Blade

Background: Lady Valerie Thorn isn't. A lady that is. She's a street urchin gone good. Her gift for the dueling sword and panache for charming her way into various noble bedrooms (and ability to flee furious spouses.) have long served her in good stead. She's complied a massive list of names, people she's a 'poor choice' to. Using that she's charmed and extorted her way into a very long streak of galas, parties, pageants and regalia events that allowed her to decorate the right arm, or be seen with the wrong married personage at the right moment (at least to their spouse's lawyer).
She's extorted, dueled and been the 'right person' at the 'wrong time' for many different courts and nobles. She has amassed an extensive list of names of folk who want her to stay out of court, prison and away from the hangman. Till recently. Needless to say she's a bit upset with the recent turn of events and is looking for a way to get out and put her list out to hurt the men (and women) who got her locked away to cover up their crimes and misdeeds. If she is going down, she plans on having company. Till then, she's watching and listening for an opening.

Stats (still working)

LADY VALERIE THORN   CR 7
Female Catfolk Fighter 8
CG Medium Humanoid (Catfolk)
Init +7; Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +11
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 26, touch 17, flat-footed 20. . (+8 armor, +1 shield, +5 Dex, +1 deflection, +1 dodge)
hp 83 (8d10+24)
Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3
Defensive Abilities Bravery +2
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.
Melee +1 Shortsword +12/+7 (1d6+3/19-20/x2) and
. . +1 Sword, Aldori Dueling +13/+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2) and
. . Unarmed Strike +13/+8 (1d3+2/20/x2)
Special Attacks Weapon Training: Blades, Heavy
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 12
Base Atk +8; CMB +10 (+12 Disarming); CMD 27 (29 vs. Disarm)
Feats Combat Expertise +/-3, Dodge, Double Slice, Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Sword, Aldori Dueling, Improved Disarm, Improved Two-weapon Fighting, Two-weapon Defense, Two-weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse
Traits Calistrian Prostitute: Sense Motive, Reactionary
Skills Acrobatics +14, Bluff +8, Climb +6, Escape Artist +4, Fly +4, Knowledge (History) +5, Knowledge (Local) +7, Linguistics +4, Perception +11, Profession (Courtesean) +8, Ride +9, Sense Motive +13, Stealth +14, Survival +8, Swim +1
Languages Catfolk, Common, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Orc
SQ Armor Training 2 (Ex), Cat's Luck (1/day) (Ex), Ring of Jumping, Sprinter (Ex)
Combat Gear +1 Shortsword, +1 Sword, Aldori Dueling, +2 Agile Breastplate; Other Gear Boots of Elvenkind, Cloak of Elvenkind, Ring of Jumping, Ring of Protection, +1
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Armor Training 2 (Ex) Worn armor -2 check penalty, +2 max DEX.
Bravery +2 (Ex) +2 Will save vs. Fear
Calistrian Prostitute: Sense Motive +1 Gather Information and Sense Motive, and one of these is a class skill(Sense Motive).
Cat's Luck (1/day) (Ex) Can roll 2d20 for a Reflex save and take better result.
Combat Expertise +/-3 Bonus to AC in exchange for an equal penalty to attack.
Improved Disarm Disarm at +2, without an attack of opportunity.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Ring of Jumping This ring continually allows the wearer to leap about, providing a +5 competence bonus on all his Jump checks.

Faint transmutation; CL 2nd; Forge Ring, creator must have 5 ranks in the Jump skill; Price 2,500 gp.
Sprinter (Ex) +10 ft to speed when charge, run, or withdraw.
Two-weapon Defense +1 to AC while wielding 2 weapons. +2 when doing so defensively.
Weapon Training: Blades, Heavy +1 (Ex) +1 Attack, Damage, CMB, CMD with Heavy Blades

Bloody Rose

Name: Kempachi
Race: Human
Class: Monk
Gender and preference: Male Straight
Physical Description: He is a big and intimidating man, muscle over muscle. He is almost never smiling because he does not have any real reason to do so. He has a big scar on his face which proves his battle prowless and is often feared by the guards who approach him not wanting to have anything to do with him. Guards often try to not go near him when asked and often send other slaves to do so because Kempachi has never hurt a slave.
Mental Description: In His mind anything that can present him a pure physical challenge will be more than welcomed. He has a pure heard though having a soft spot for woman in danger and especially children. He will not engage anybody who is lower in strength than him or somebody who is unarmed. He hates the guards because they found a way to keep him under their control but that does not mean he would not have any fun with them, especially beating them to a pulp whenever he has the chance.
Background: (I would like to discuss this with GM, I don't want his background to be known by everybody since he never speaks of his past)
Ons: Anything other than limits.
Limits: Gore, Vore, Scat, Bestiality, Golden Showers.
Character Sheet http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=367026
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Kimera

Would anyone object to me playing a monster as a character (monster-girl)

If someone objects I don't mind and happily stick to the more standard races.