Fire Emblem: Seal of Ruin (EX, Custom System, Still Recruiting!)

Started by Gensokian, April 13, 2011, 09:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Kunoichi

I guess we also need to figure out who all we're starting out with, and who's getting recruited later... ^^;

*doesn't mind if her Lord shows up later in the game*

Zadaris

Thanks for the welcome!  ;D
I'll be sure to make myself a great asset to any army.

I like the idea of being a recruited character. I can hear 'Stalwarts United' playing in my head long with some badass intro/recruitment speech. xD
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Gensokian

Heh, all good. Just be sure to PM me your CS and rolls before you post it up here, alright? ^^

Zadaris

No problem Genso! I'll wing it your way as soon as it is ready.  ;D
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

ReijiTabibito

Speaking of, does our theme music need to come from FE?  Or not so much?

Kunoichi

pendarious

i dont' think it's a neccessity so much as a  personal addition
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Gensokian

Yeah, theme music is really just a nice thing to have, but not required at all, Kuno. I, myself, haven't even come up with a theme yet, and probably won't, though you never know. ^^

pendarious

i'm working on themes though it may be a while before i come up with anything *laughs*

Zadaris

Just before I make a solid character what classes are currently being used? I'm thinking of a myrmidon for my main but if I make up some secondaries I think it best not to repeat too much.

pendarious

lets see:

Sword Armor (Knight)
Troubadour
Thief
Wyvern Rider
Pegasus Knight (maybe?)

Lords:

Black Dragon
Sword Armor (myrmidon?)
Shaman Lord (closer to a shaman i suppose)
Mage Lord (closer to a mage)

am i forgetting anything?

Kunoichi

Strictly speaking, our Sword Armor Lord is closer stats-wise to a Sword Armor than a Myrmidon. ^^; He's even got Armor, apparently...

pendarious

well he was using a myrmidon sprite that's why i put that in parenthasis and as a question

Gensokian

Well, might note that I'm also working on a nomad, though he'll show up later in the game.

Kunoichi

Come to think of it, a better sprite for Hyena's character might actually be the Hero... ^^;

pendarious

Laughing Hyena

Well I wasn't wanting superheavy armor or such. And remember I am a newbie to this so I have no idea what armor does. Anyway as a lord I was just given an option of armor or horse. I chose the horse. :-)

Anyway as far as Zad's query goes we have no axe man or such.

pendarious

i thought you chose the armor? and armor doesn't really do anything in fire emblem...to my knowledge anyway well except make you look cooler.....though i guess it has something to do with why knights, generals, and great knights have such high defense....

Kunoichi

Basically, units that wear armor have high defense and the Armor special property, which is a keyword that makes them vulnerable to Armorslayer weaponry. ^^; I think they tend to have lower speed, though.

By contrast, Myrmidons don't wear armor and have low defense, but high speed.  They're the glass cannon types that rely more on dodging than on tanking hits.  And as I recall, your character had higher defense and lower speed, so...

Anyway, Hyena, I think this sprite should be a good fit for your character:

pendarious

looking at our group one well placed sword reaver or swordslayer, lancereaver, and magic seal would just royally screw us over.

Laughing Hyena

So I have natrually high defense except to armor piercing rounds... go figure. And my mistake pen. I meant to say armor.

Anyway I do like the sprite even if y character doesn't wield a shield. Im not picky.

pendarious

well since there arent any guns in fire emblem you have a vulnurability to weapons specified as Armorslayer.

there are certain weapons that lay outside the weapons triangle:

Sword Reaver: Axe
Sword Slayer: Axe (why there are two of them i don't know)
Axe Reaver: Lance
Lnace Reaver: Sword

then you get the Armor slayer that falls under the triangle but against armored units deals extra damage regardless of the enemy having a lance equipped.

Kunoichi

pendarious

the magic seal is a being created through mysterious methods its an abomination against nature that seals the ability to use magic.....in a way magic seal is a class but at the same time it can't fight as to how it can teleport i still havent figured out.