Favorite Genre of Roleplay

Started by Duke89, May 28, 2015, 08:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke89

As the title suggests, what is your favorite genre of roleplay and why?

Katrina

I don't just have one genre.  I like a variety but if I had to choose I'd say romance.  Despite what it starts out whether its non con, bondage, extreme, World of Darkness, or whatever, it has to have romance in it.

BellaVita

Probably anything Fantasy/Supernatural related. It's always fun to RP as something other than human. :)

Merry Gentry

I really love the drama and the suspense of horror.  Along with the gore and blood and just mayhem, when it's done right. 
I also love a good, mushy, sexy love story...  :-*  course, any story is awesome with the right partner to write it out!
“And I’d give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you feel me somehow. You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be and I don’t wanna go home right now.”

AmberStarfire

Fantasy - either epic or urban fantasy, especially with spiritual elements.

Ssieth

I've had a sudden burst of enjoyment out of modern day and modern-day-with-a-twist type settings recently.  Not sure if it's the novelty or the fact that it's easy to be grounded in the details....
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (13th November 2023)
One-on-one ideas (5th July 2023)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

Strangefate

I’d say Fantasy.  While it’s not necessarily my favorite genre normally it has a lot of advantages in erotic RP (and RP in general) – you can include almost anything you like and nobody has to worry too much about real world accuracy like you do in modern or historical settings.  Plus it’s quite familiar and there are a lot of baselines most people know really well, particularly Tolkien style Fantasy due to the LotR films and because it’s appeared in countless games (from DnD to Skyrim) and novels.  While I’m a big sci-fi fan, there aren’t any settings quite as loose and familiar and it can be difficult to get partners to share the same vision of the game world when it comes to technology and such.  Fantasy always seems pretty quick and painless, a setting that most everyone is comfortable with writing.
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Adrianna

Assuming "Fandom" doesn't really count as a genre, I'd have to go with Fantasy. It presents the most diversity and opportunities to combine with any other setting or situation. It's vast and can be handled multiple ways. I like it.

Verina

A little of most genre I guess, which is probably why I like the Hero Systems games because as far as I've discovered you setup any kind of character suitable for any genre.
However, I guess usually find the weirder Fantasies, or Fantasy-SicFic more fun then others... but a great GM or RP partner can make any genre fun and interesting.

Tribal Dancer

I have to agree with StrangeFate.

I specificly enjoy elven role play based around ElfQuest elves at least for my character.

Zeth

I recently got a hankering for Sword and Sorcery.

Omnius

Fantasy or scifi, especially fantasy with just a dash of sci fi to spice it up, especially the rp has a harem bent

Nova Genesis

Definitely fantasy, though I dabble in sci- fi.

I like it when the sky is the limit and anything that can be explained will be accepted!

megacycle

A mixture of modern/magic/fantasy.

I'm open to trying any genre.
A link to my On's and Off's page.  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=239925.0

Nico

Nnaasttey

The setting would most definitely  be quasi-futuristic modern day sci-fi fantasy (basically I don't know lol but really cool). The content would be dark, taboo, and mystical; a drama with lots of smut and great dialogue
Nnaasttey in a nutshell :

My favorite kinks, what else i like and what i don't

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=240005.0

Lady Shadow

A mix of modern/sci-fi/fantasy. Was thinking about a Star Wars Rogue One theme being a couple of rebels alongside each other in the fight. Or a Lord of the Rings type fantasy.....still thinking about it though, definitely would love the element of romance in there.
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Beej

Urban Fantasy (modern or historical), anything historical in general.  Sci-fi is fun.  General Fantasy is fun but sort of burned out on it. 
Old R’lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one, by the Great Old One.

silentwalrus227

Fantasy, scifi and horror in that order, though I'm unopposed to mixing genres.

FroreQueen

Romance.
Anything with the element of that is almost always fine with me. I like darker romance, somewhat gritty stories with a touch of drama and intrigue. Flawed creations finding their place in whatever terrible situation they're thrown.
| Status: Alive | Medium: Forum, Google Docs, Possibly PM | Post rate: Varies. Erratic, mostly. |
◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊

On/Off || General Ideas

♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ Part of the reason I tend to be slow. ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦