News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

[Ex] Space Mercenaries

Started by BlackFistKronos, February 23, 2010, 12:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackFistKronos

Hey. This is my first time creating a game world, so it's right now a work in progress. Any ideas would be more than welcome.

I wanted to create a sci-fi/fan game about groups of PMCs (private military companies) that scour the galaxy looking for work, fortune, and fame (and of course, sex).

Elements are borrowed from Mass Effect, Star Wars, Army of Two, with the vibe inspired by the Heavy Metal series. Very sexual, very renegade, very violent combat.

Races can be as creative as you want without going too far overboard. Robots, cyborgs, genetically made humans, all fair game, but I do request primary PCs be sentient and humanoid.

The galaxy this world is in is practically lawless, the republic that governed all the planets totally decimated after defending itself from an alien race. Though the main fleet of this race (still creating it) is driven off, the government itself is crumbled, and only large corporations and organizations have the ability to control planets.

In this world of lawlessness, mercanaries are hired out to play as military. It's literally the wild west in space, where guns, sex, and money are freely flowing.

Still a work in progress, but I'm also open to ideas as well as looking for PC's of both genders.

Xanatos

I could get into this, provided we have some plot. Sex and violence is obviously good but without plot my creativity and imagination just slowly dies until I have to stop playing.

Now for races, do you mean actual aliens or are you referring to just sub-races of humans?

Chreestafer

im in as well if you get this off the ground are you open to ideas?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Saerrael

Hm, interested here as well, but saying the same as Xanatos.

BlackFistKronos

thanks for your collective interest.

the plot will revolve around an artifact that is key to restoring the government that was lost in the war. the crime lords and corporations are all scouring for this artifact so they can claim control of the core worlds and start a stable government in their power.

all races welcome, but i prefer humanoid. Anthros, wolven derivatives, lizardmen, you name it. They just have to have human-like intelligence.

keep in mind im wide open to any ideas on various corporations, crime lords, and other organizations within the galaxy, as well as ideas for various planets. the PCs of this story will be part of a mercnary group that will be hired out by these various organizations, so choosing a side might become a conflict down the road.

Xanatos

What types of RP are you looking to focus on? Action/violence or are you going to be more open ended allowing for more dialogue and character interaction with the world and so forth? I know we are mercs so that precludes lots of shooting and such, that much is obvious. Are you going to railroad us plot wise or are you allowing more freedom to move around? I am not bothered by either as each can be good in its own way.

As for aliens I might try to make something up or just go sub-human.

Cody

im game though it would be my first group RP...if you get it started lemme know.
Cody has requested an indefinite account restriction.

BlackFistKronos

I'll be doing a general plotline, depending on where everyone is in the world.

It'll just be just a gentle push in certain directions, like the groups having a specific assignment in a certain place. They can feel free to side trek or do something else if they think it'll help in character development.

As far as action/dialogue, I really want it to be about 50/50. I don't want the pace to be hampered down by conversations, but I don't want it to be mindless either.

Chreestafer

yes definitly count me in, im gonna put some good thought into my character so your pretty mush open to any race ideas or the likes? also i might know a few people who interested in something like such
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Xanatos

Sounds excellent. I will get to work on a character after my last class today.

Saerrael

Hmm, I'm tempted to mix a very slight amount of magic into my character. Would that be acceptable, or will I get slapped..?

BlackFistKronos

Quote from: Saerra on February 24, 2010, 08:16:00 PM
Hmm, I'm tempted to mix a very slight amount of magic into my character. Would that be acceptable, or will I get slapped..?

I wanna keep the magic slightly....mild? Like, psionics, or the level of magic in the Warhammer 40K series.

As far as PC races, go to town on imagination. I just request you make them humanoid-like. 2 arms, two legs, the rest is up to you.

Chreestafer

damn i wanted to be a floating magical pop can with 17 heads...thanks for killing my dreams lol
Ons and Offs
F-List

Saerrael

Quote from: BlackFistKronos on February 24, 2010, 08:54:38 PM
I wanna keep the magic slightly....mild? Like, psionics, or the level of magic in the Warhammer 40K series.

As far as PC races, go to town on imagination. I just request you make them humanoid-like. 2 arms, two legs, the rest is up to you.

But of course. I wasn't aiming for fireballs shooting out of my character's ti-- wait that's a great idea.. (j/k)

I has image found. Can you haz 'eeew' or 'wow' for meh?

Full version for details ;
http://www.androidblues.com/gallery/SarahMorrisonhalf2.jpg

Currently contemplating weaponry, armor and, of course, the character herself.

Quote from: Chreestafer on February 24, 2010, 08:56:06 PM
damn i wanted to be a floating magical pop can with 17 heads...thanks for killing my dreams lol

I.. can just see that! Brilliant! *steals his idea*

Chreestafer

ok well you can have the idea if i can have you * comes up and snatches her running away* hehehehehehe i so win this round! lol
Ons and Offs
F-List

Xanatos

What is the tech level in this world? Energy weapons or projectile based? Shields, no shields? Can we get creative with weapons or stay more base line to what is known along today's standards? Same goes for armor.

BlackFistKronos

you got the vibe of the universe down perfectly Saerra. Go to town!

Other ideas, start throwing them in. I'll say yay or nay.

Techwise, think Mass Effect and Halo. Energy and projectile is fair game, so are material melee weapons and energy melee weapons. Shields are limited, like Halo, and can be worn down with enough or hard enough hits.

Chreestafer

what about things from phantasy star online? have you seen anything from that game?
Ons and Offs
F-List

Saerrael

Quote from: BlackFistKronos on February 24, 2010, 09:31:21 PM
you got the vibe of the universe down perfectly Saerra. Go to town!

Yey! ^^ *grins*

Hmmmm..

Can't decide, they are both pretty.
Thinking of having the sword for close combat and be a onehander, and the bulky gun for ranged (duuuuh..)

I'm not much for shields, but would a bit of telekinesis be too much for deflecting shields? Something that can't be used a lot and has to have the 'caster' focused.

Elven Sex Goddess

Name:  Delilah 'Dirge'  Daniels
Race:  Human (Pangean system)
Sexuality:  Straight

Description:  Tall  lithe raven black hair beauty.   Who stands five foot nine and weighs around a one hundred and ten pounds.  With dark blue eyes that are like cold steel.

Personality:  A survivor,  a leader by actions.   A perfect beta to any squad.   Her quiet demeanor is the emphasis of her song,  when her blade whirls and her plasma gun comes alive to sing her song, the dirge.

Background:  Delilah Daniels is from the Pangean star system, from the world of Concordia.  Former member of the Amazonian guard of Concordia.  Before the fall of Concordia, where she earned the nick name the 'Dirge'.  In reference to her battle prowess that is like the song of death on the field of battle.

Skilled in tactical assault,  this former member of the elite guard.  As Concordia is a world of great deserts and jungles.     Delilah is especially effective in desert and jungle warfare.    Now hires out to mercenary companies to survive.   As the chaos of war continues. 

Of side note,  she is of noble caste from Concordia.    In addition Concordia society was amazonian in nature.    In order to have her,  you must first best her.  To prove your worthiness in mating. 

Equipment:

Mar's class Annihilator II plasma gun with solar reactor recharge, holds up to 20 pulse charges.  (Solar recharge full recharge 15 minutes.   Normal recharge rate full ten hours.)
Concordian Ripper Cutless - honor blade.   Or as enemies have nicked named the blade, 'Hell's blood ripper'.

Concordian Harness- Dispersion field,  that is ablative in design.  As each true strike weakens the dispersion field.   The dispersion field takes a full thirty minutes to reset to full protection.    The former Amazonian guard of Concordia favored the dispersion field.  For its allowance of freedom of movement.   For the guard was a elite light tactical troop. 

Neural disruptor grenades -  Disrupts the targets motor functions 30' radius.  Good for taking out bunkers or rooms to gain the advantage.  As it by passes all types of armor.  Only stopped by force fields.   Delilah likes to carry a half dozen of these.

Thanks BlackFistKronos.

Vandren

Hmm . . . may dust off an old GURPS merc character I haven't played in a while.  I take it cybernetics (limited) are acceptable?
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

BlackFistKronos

Quote from: Vandren on February 24, 2010, 09:58:35 PM
Hmm . . . may dust off an old GURPS merc character I haven't played in a while.  I take it cybernetics (limited) are acceptable?

Of course. Go for it.

Vandren

I think eventually he was a full conversion cyborg, but that was only after a GM gave a few million dollars to a player who knew the system better than he did, and had more sourcebooks.  :)  So, we won't go there.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Xanatos

Here is my guy. Hope he is not to over the top, my imagination went wild with stuff. I might even add more should my inspiration allow. Hope you like.

Oh and sorry if their are a lot of grammatical errors, I did not go through and edit my stuff really. I just was in an inspirational rush and wanted to post this tonight. And man... I wish this site had spoilers! >.< This app is just too big not to use them.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Markus Davian
Race: Sub-Human (Metalark)
Sexuality: Straight

Description:

Markus is a fairly tall, 5'10”, and well built man; his physique is quite impressive and he boasts strength most would not guess for the size of his musculature. Like most of his race he has dark crimson red hair so dark it borders on being black in some lighting, though in normal daylight one can tell its a dark red. His eyes are a blazing golden orange and are full of intensity and passion. The last feature common with all of his race is his tanned slightly metallic colored skin.

When not wearing his power armor he dresses fairly casually, though, at times he dresses much more suave.

Personality: Most see only his dour battle hardened side but when not in a fight and when relaxing he can be decently pleasant to be around, especially if he wants to be. He does not hide who he is around the ladies but if he really wants a particular female he will play it nicer and smoother if he feels it will net him the woman. He respects women in and out of battle but can be a scoundrel never the less. All in all he is a man who can scrap with the best of them, and is a bit of a scoundrel with the ladies yet still respectful to them at the same time.

Outside of his armor, Markus is a skilled melee fighter, having picked it up during his war time experience and can hold his own in a fight. He prefers ranged combat but is not afraid of getting up close and dirty if need be.

Background:

Augmenters

When Markus was 18 he joined a group called the Augmenters who did exactly as their name implies, augmented themselves. They were into the whole idea of making themselves look different and not just through clothing. They used the ability to get permanent and functional augmentations to become something different. Markus had gotten several in what he calls a foolish time of his life, although he is not actually ashamed or aggravated with his choices though.

He got a tail, his most notable change, and some reflex modifications though he could only get the minor upgrades as the higher tier were strictly military grade. During his short time with the group he was always more reserved than some of his more outlandish compatriots and held back on the augments. Later on in life he would come to almost dislike his tail until he realized he could use it to please the ladies, so he kept it but keeps it low key and mostly wrapped around his waist.

Time as an Engineer/Soldier

Later in life, as a more mature and grounded 20 year old Markus found he was a very skilled constructor of weapons and armor. This talent landed him a job with a highly respected weapons and armor manufacturer who took him aboard and had him design and create for them. This was a great job for him and garnered him a small fortune in a short amount of time as the company placed great value on his skill.

During this time he, however, discovered a love of combat and using the guns he made. He was drafted into a fairly large war which happened between Lark and a neighboring world. His skill was quickly recognized and he was placed in an elite team. Being the teams engineer was hard work but something he enjoyed. However, during his time in the conflict his personality changed. Like many others seeing all the carnage made him a bit darker inside, but not fully, and caused his more youthful exhuberance to fade for the most part. He no longer looked like a teenager, for his looks were youthful, now he looked more like a fighter.

Days of Gray

During his days as a soldier he had earned the nick name, Gray Knight, for his sometimes ambiguous morals when fighting yet his constant compassion towards those in need, especially women. He by no means was a kind and compassionate man through and through, he actually was more a scoundrel and rogue but still just as often as not he would go out of his way to help a woman in trouble.

This nickname stuck with him when he was free from the army and decided to join up with a mercenary company to continue sating his new love of combat and his continuing ability to create.

Markus now spends his days on the move, mostly, going where the jobs and money are. During his free time he beds women, builds and refines weapons and armor, and visits his homeworld.

Weapons and Armor

All of the weapons Markus uses are of his own creation.

FCP Rifle (Focus Charged Pulse):

This rifle condenses energy particles to create a more focused and highly charged particle which is shot in a small pulse of energy. It impacts with great force and is quite lethal, one shot is more than enough to cut an unarmored foe in half or blow chucks off of their body.

The gun has several firing modes, single shot, semi-auto, auto, and gatling fire. Gatling fire mode can cause his gun to overheat after a bit, so he uses it mainly when he really wants to kill someone or needs a constant stream of energy for some reason.

-Spike Charge: This is a secondary mode shot, fired from the second bottom barrel on his rifle. It is designed to cause a power spike in shielding, which either causes the shield to collapse or cut its energy charge by half or so. This mode uses more energy and thus he does not use it often, only when faced with a really annoying enemy.

FCP Pistol:

Same type as the rifle but not quite as strong. Does not have the Spike Charge secondary mode. Has single shot, semi-auto, and auto fire modes.

Black Rose:

This is his short sword, he made out of a black metal alloy which is quite strong. This rests in a sheath strapped behind his left shoulder.

JPA Power Armor (Jet Pack Assisted):

Markus's suit of power armor is quite advanced, as would be expected from a man of his skill. He uses shielding and has installed a sophisticated Jet-pack in his suit. It is not modified to be a constant flight jet pack as he prefers a jump flight jet pack, and mainly because its energy usage is more efficient and self recharging; he can modify his jet-pack for a constant flight should he feel the need, though he cannot do this unless he has the proper equipment and time.

In each wrist section of his armor he has retractable blades which extend several inches out past his fist. They can be used to stab, slash, or even help him climb should he need them. In his boots, right above the ball of his foot is retractable blades as well used mainly for kicking out with.

His armor can withstand several direct hits from normal types of weapons, and can take a few hits from military grade, and as for custom weapons like his he has not felt safe testing it out as he knows how nasty some custom weapons can be made.

His gauntlets can become magnetized, thus he will never lose grip on his guns and or he can climb up metal surfaces. His boots and special spots on his armor are also capable of being magnetized; he uses the spots on his back to hold his guns in place.

Helmet: His helmet is linked to his brain via a connection to a device which sits over one of his temples. This allows him to see a tactical view of an area, no greater than his normal racial eyesight. It does not display enemy locations unless they are revealed on motion sensors or thermal heat detectors. This display serves mainly to allow him to 'see' the field in which he works in.

The helmet can allow for thermal viewing, enhanced night time vision, can block bright light such as from a flash bang.

Shield 'Tower': This is a small device which is laid on the ground and emits a 6 foot tall wall of energy. It basically is an easy means of providing cover. Like all shields it will collapse after to much abuse but its power source is limited, but rechargeable, and will drain itself dry after about five or so minutes.

Metalark: The Metalark are humans who colonized a seemingly M-class planet, Lark, which was more than capable of supporting human life; they got their name from combing metamorphosis with the planets name Lark, Metalark. It was an ideal world and met with high praise and was quickly colonized. All went well, but after two generations, approximately 200 years people began noticing children being born with red hair, orange colored eyes, and a slightly metallic looking tanned skin. At first people thought it was freakish birth defects or a prank but soon it was found out some unknown compound in the atmosphere or water and food was causing the changes.

After much research it was discovered no ill effects came about from the changes, instead it seemed to only affect the genetic code which control outward looks, and it created a faster metabolism in Metalarks. They could process food faster and more toxic foods, though only marginally toxic foods; they by no means had the ability to digest highly poisonous of toxic foods. Deemed safe, people quickly began accepting the change as it was fast becoming the norm on the planet; almost every new born child was born with the new characteristics.

The planet Lark, however, despite being almost completely Earth like went through a period of complete darkness every 5 years and it lasted like that for a year. The native plant and animal life had adapted to survive the extreme cold and the lack of sunlight, and so to did the Metalark, eventually. Their bodies slowly acclimated to where they could withstand temps on average 10-20 degrees colder than the average human could and they gained a measure of dark vision. It was limited to about a football fields length; though with certain technology it can be enhanced to like that of a normal humans “to the horizon” vision during daylight.

Lark: Lark is essentially a Earth like paradise. The world has a substantial population akin to that of the 21st century Earth, but its infrastructure is advanced as any other advanced world. The planet has a fairly strong tourist industry but the world to industrialists who wish to plunder its resources. Larkian government is not incredibly Eco-sensitive but they do realize its necessary to keep as much as they have without just leveling it all in a mad rush for wealth and resources.

Lark in the past several years was involved in a war with a neighboring planet, Ducon, which lasted only two years with Lark the victor. Ducon tried to bully their way into allowing Lark to allow companies onto their world so they could mine the resources Lark possesses, but Lark would have nothing to do with it and so Ducon tried to force the issue but underestimated the Larkian military and Ducon paid the price.

BlackFistKronos

great input from you all. It's gonna be a little tough trying to match the creativity.

With all the diversity, I was thinking that either all the PCs can be part of one large, rag-tag merc group, that way the story can be easier to tell.

I was going to slowly add new clients to the list, so that way down the road, the PC team will have to eventually choose who to more permanetly side with...or maybe they would have gained enough power for themselves to not have to and stake a claim to power on their own.