The complete DC Universe. (Interest check/Recruiting still.)

Started by Batman4560, August 17, 2013, 08:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

This is an interest check thread, if you want to be part of this post here.

Its the first year of a new age, the age of the super hero. First a man who can defy gravity showed up in Metropolis, then a vigilante in Gotham started beating criminals to a bloody pulp. Soon the heroes were springing up in every city and coming from space at times. Eventually these myths took on names, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash...But with the good always comes the bad...

Names such as Lex Luthor, The Joker, Mirror Master, and Ares were being whispered from those that lived in fear. These were the worlds Super Villains and they opposed all that the heroes stood for. Some used money and politics to oppose heroes with limitless power. Others used mind games and chaos. While some simply used brute force.

This is a sandbox game that will require both heroes and villains to make the game run. Players will start off in the first year of their chosen characters carrier and its up to them to form teams, make enemies and show the world what the characters are capable of. Each and every hero is up for grabs.

The rules are simple.
1.-be respectful of other players.
2.-GM's rule is final.
3.-Post at least once a week if not more.
4.-Post at lest a paragraph.
5.-Two characters per player.
6.-Complete the character sheet.

As far as origins go, feel free to re work them so long as they are true to the character. I.E. If the reason a character is a hero is due to his parents deaths, keep that in. The best part about this is that it is our own cannon so not every character needs to be related the way they are in the comics at this point.

OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183696.0#new

Here is an example of a character sheet.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
.Character you wish to portray: Oliver Queen / Green Arrow

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Walking the line.

.Powers and physical attributes:

-Master Archer- Oliver has developed his skills so well that he boasts the ability to shoot 29 arrows per minute. It has also been recorded that he can split a drop of water in half while it leaves the tap and fire an arrow down the barrel of a gun.

-Acrobatic- Oliver has displayed he is an expert acrobat and uses these skills to evade fire and move around Star city when more conventional means are not available.

-Martial Artist-  He is proficient in several forms of hand-to-hand combat including Judo, Kickboxing and Karate. Proclaimed as a martial arts master, he has shown the ability to take on seven people at once. He spent several months dedicated to making himself a better fighter and trained with many of the world's finest martial arts teachers and even went through training from Natas, the same person who trained Deathstroke.

-Swordsman- Ollie is also very proficient with a sword, though it is not his preferred weapon of choice. He has beaten Jason Todd in a sword-fight and has deflected an incoming arrow with the sword he carries.

-Politics-Ollie ran for office and became the mayor of Star City for a significant amount of time. He has since resigned from being the mayor and has continued to lean on political issues from time to time.

-strength- Ollie can at least lift up to twice his body weight and has benched 390 lbs.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):

Growing up a spoiled rich kid in Star City to the parents of Henry Queen and Moira Queen, Oliver was constantly trying to get the attention he wanted so bad. In order to do this after he discovered the Robin Hood stories to take up thrill seeking like extreme sports and learning to pick pockets. This led to him doing things as dangerous as base jumping and things that gave him a bad reputation like stealing. Eventually he became good at everything he tried. He developed a sliver tongue to get out of trouble and a nack for getting into fights witch made him a capable street fighter. Eventually he met a man named Tommy Merlin and befriended the boy and together they gained a reputation as the wild kids in Star City.

After high school Oliver went on to M.I.T. and graduated top of his class in business management. Together with Tommy they Rich boy opened up a successful night club. Proving that he could handle the pressure of running his own company Oliver's dad announced that Ollie would be the next man to run Queen industries when Henry stepped down. Soon after Oliver was approached by a man who attempted to pressure him into selling drugs for a dealer named China White at Ollie's club. When Oliver refused the man attacked and injured Oliver. To get revenge on the man that injured him Oliver went threw many illegal sources and contacted Natas. After promising to pay Natas an insane amount of money Natas agreed to teach Oliver how to fight however before he could seek out his revenge Henry took Oliver out on the family boat the Queens Gambit for a surprise party. China White had gotten wind of the departure of Oliver from Star City and decided that if he wouldn't sell her drugs at his club then she would make an example of him. Sending an in-force'r after Oliver shortly after Oliver and his father set sail the assassin gave chase. After one month at sea heading south the assassin boarded The Queens Gambit in the dead of night and planted charges of explosives around the boat and quickly departed from the ship. One day later he set the charges and blew up the Queens Gambit causing the death of Henry Queen and the ship remains to sink to the bottom of the Ocean. Being thrown from the ship by the explosion the injured Oliver drifted for days on a fragment of the ship until he washed up on what he would later learn was starfish Isle.

The next five years of Oliver's life was a living nightmare, when he washed up on the isle he had no water, no food and no way to get home. Finding a dry safe spot on the beach of the isle Oliver set out to explore the land slowly making marks in trees that he would understand and made a system to navigate the Isle by markings. After finding strong branches and vines deep in the jungle woods of the Island he fashioned the strongest branch into a make shift bow and made very crude arrows. While struggling at first eventually Oliver learned the art of stealth and hunting to find food. Slowly the Island turned him into a self reliant man. While on the Island he gained the skills to track, hunt, fire his bow at master levels and the acrobatic skills needed to navigate the jungle quickly. One night while hunting for food Oliver caught the sound of men talking. Surprised Oliver hid and waited for the men to pass him by. He was amazed to see that they were extremely well armed and prepared for the dangers of the Island. Ollie cautiously began to follow the pair of oblivious men as they led him to a large field of poppies being harvested to make heroin by island natives that were being enslaved. As Oliver started to formulate a plan in his head to help the natives and destroy the heroine he recognized the mark of China White on the labels that marked the heroin "brand". Anger slowly boiled over in Ollie's body and without putting much thought into it Ollie lit an arrow shaft on fire and sent the blazing shaft into the field of poppies causing them to almost instantly set fire. Sinking back into the jungle he could hear a woman shouting commands to the men to salvage what they could and move to the plane. Oliver came back to the camp to find the China White and attacked her in the burning field. After a furious battle Oliver managed to slip his hand into the pocket of China and pull out her gps and key to the plane before tossing her into the fire he had caused and fled to the plane while she screamed in pain as her body set fire. Killing the men under her employment while making his way to the small plane. He boarded the sea plane and after a rocky start managed to get far enough away from the isle  to be rescued by fishermen after running out of fuel and landing the plane in the middle of the water close to Florida. The fishermen helped Oliver get home where he was welcomed back by his friends.

Oliver soon found out that the five years he was gone many changes to his home had been made. His mother died due to a heart attack after the news of his disappearance, Tommy had run his club into the ground and his family's company had went under. The Star City he had come home to was not the city he left, it went from a thriving community to a city riddled with crime and corruption. After moving in with Tommy and bringing his club back from the ruin it had came to in his absence, Oliver vowed to never take what he had for granted ever again. Now changed by the Island he grew to hate the corruption that had befallen Star City and began to study politics and at the same time secretly assembled a small army's worth of arrows and various leathers and armors. After two more years the now 29 year old man had become a noted activist for the poor and was moonlighting as what the papers were calling "The hood" Oliver soon started to tell the drug dealers he was crippling that his name was "Green Arrow" and they should tell their bosses that "Arrow" was coming for them. By day Oliver was running for Mayor and by night he was taking the drugs off the streets. Eventually he became the Mayor of Star City and used his power to "hunt" the Green Arrow down while actually gaining more fame and spreading the name around so that he could gain the attention of the more well known heroes...

.The burning question - Why this character?: My first comic was an issue of brave and the bold that had batman and green arrow trying to survive an avalanche on a snow covered mountain. I don't remember the book very well today but I remember instantly becoming enamored by the idea that there was a character out there that was so similar to batman while maintaining his own identity as a character and being able to bring his own set of skills to aid batman in a way other heroes wouldn't.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: having a vast understanding of the silver age of comics and a love for super heroes in general in addition to the experience of running a three year long game of dungeons and dragons, I feel that I can bring a fresh take to a strong character and help plot moving in all aspects of the game when other players may be stuck and need advice. Im really excited to even get the chance to apply for this character and can honestly say the group as a whole looks like they care about the game and thats refreshing to see.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Oliver had been on the island for five years and not once did he hear the sound of any human other than himself. While hunting for the deer that would be the next mornings food deep in the messy jumble of a forest on starfish island he heard the sound of voices echoing around him. Thinking he had finally gone mad the blonde bearded man dropped low to the ground and rolled under a downed tree. Bugs and insects swarmed his body as he lied under the massive mossy log and his eyes scanned the area around him. The moist ground stained his old clothes and the mud that stuck to his body helped mask him under the tree. Catching movement that was not animal like Oliver scrapped up mud and rubbed it on his face for extra camouflage and stayed still. Carefully watching with his green and blood shot eyes he saw two men in black ski masks, standard camouflage jumpsuits, heavy back packs and armed with automatic rifles headed toward his direction. Oliver held his breath as they passed up the tree that he was hiding under. The men were speaking about the natives that they had been watching and making sure were doing the job they had been given. Carefully Oliver remained about one hundred feet behind the men and followed them silently back to the camp they had set up.

To his horror Oliver had found the camp was set up with small shacks and workers all around tables and fields of poppies. It seemed the armed men were making the natives harvest the poppies for heroin making. Oliver's heart sank as he realized he didn't have the skills needed to take down so many men with guns in his weak condition. Taking in the surrounding area his mind raced with a way he could maybe save the natives or distract the guards long enough for them to escape.

"Maybe a fire?....."

Oliver muttered to himself and considered setting one of the shacks on fire. Quickly he reached into his pocket and drew two flat small stones and then took an arrow out of his quiver and set it on the muddy earth. Reaching around and pulling up dead grass Oliver placed the grass over the shaft of the arrow and looked up to see the mark of China White, the drug dealer that had sent a man to attempt to force Ollie to sell drugs at his night club years ago before the shipwreck. The anger in his heart grew and Oliver started to strike one stone against the other and set the grass on fire. The kindling quickly caused the shaft of the arrow to set fire as well, notching the flaming arrow quickly he steadied his aim and pulled his bowstring back. After a quick moment of aiming he released the arrow and sent it sailing into the field of poppies. As soon as Ollie saw the flames start to rise and the workers to step back he himself moved deeper into the jungle.

Oliver quickly threw his bow over his left shoulder and expertly climbed a tall tree in a matter of seconds by leaping from branch to branch and using his body's new found strength to pull him up. When he was high in the tree he watched and listened to the chaos going on around him. Already the natives were escaping but he could hear the shouts of a woman telling the men with rifles to pack up what they could and move the heroin to the sea plane. Gazing back down at the camp he saw the figure of an attractive woman in a black body suit with pale skin and fresh snow white hair pointing and giving out commands. Soon only she remained at the camp and was packing up. Oliver assumed she was China White and he started to leap down the tree branches until he was on the ground. Carefully he notched another arrow and held his breath while pulling back on the string building the pressure behind the arrow that would send it sailing at her. He lined up his shot for her heart and slowly exhaled while releasing the bowstring when he felt the shot was lined up perfectly.

The arrow sailed threw the jungle woods and went straight for her chest but before Oliver had time to smile at his work she turned and caught his arrow mid flight stopping it just before it connected with her body. Oliver gasped in amazement and quickly moved at her. He was fully intending to kill the drug dealer and at least keep one person out of his once beloved City. She spotted his movements and gracefully mirrored his movements by charging him while the poppy fields flames spread more wildly around her. Coming face to face she smiled and realized who he was.

"Mr. Queen, my assassin didn't kill you five years ago? I suppose that's good because now I have the chance to do so myself."

Oliver lashed out with a deadly strike at her head from his left hand while holding the bow to use its weight to make his strike more forceful. Quickly she had side stepped his attack and grabbed his bow. Twisting it out of his hand she tossed her right leg up and kneed his body hard driving the air from him while the flames started to surround them. Oliver dropped to his knees and drew deep breaths, he couldn't  believe how strong her strike was. As she squared up her attack for his head Oliver reached into his boot and pulled out a knife he had made out of a rock and deer bone. Quickly he slashed the sharp rock across her leg and made her flinch long enough for him to stand and grab her hip with his right hand. China sent her head smashing into Oliver's face and made him fall back in pain but he kept a tight hold on her hip. Oliver stepped behind her using his left foot as a pivot point and then wrapped his arm that had been clasped to her waist around her neck. Lifting hard he slipped his left hand into her pocket and grabbed two items, a small g.p.s. and a key ring with two keys on it. Using all the strength he had Oliver tossed her choking body into the flames and watched as the fire engulfed her and set her ablaze. The following screams were the screams of a woman who knew she would soon die and quickly died away drowning in the flames.

In a hurried manner Oliver moved down the island while scooping up his bow. The g.p.s. was already active and pointing him towards the sea plane she was speaking of before. As he neared the plane and came to the beautiful sand covered beach that the plane was placed on Oliver slid the keys and g.p.s. into his pocket and drew one arrow after the next. He sent each arrow sailing down the beach into the backs of the ten men working to load up the plane with heroin. Each arrow seemed to find its mark with little effort to aim from Ollie. He sent the first arrow at the man closest to the plane and caused the other nine men to look on in horror as the arrows each sunk deep into the necks of the others at what seemed like the same time. By the time Ollie got to the plane all ten men were laying dead on the beach...

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

Ramael

Interested - original characters accepted? P.S that's a HUGE chunk of text for Oliver Queen! They don't all have to be as large, do they?

Batman4560

Quote from: Ramael on August 18, 2013, 04:31:50 PM
Interested - original characters accepted? P.S that's a HUGE chunk of text for Oliver Queen! They don't all have to be as large, do they?
Original characters are kinda iffy to me. If you wanted to just take two characters such as Brian Nudocerdo and combine him with Prometheus. Id be fine with that. For now I would like to keep it to cannon characters. Also I just wanted to give a good example of what to do. I would like the person playing the character to understand the character. But no they don't have to be that big.

Empyrean

Out of curiosity, would canonical heroes have to remain heroes in this setting? Or can they be taken in different directions? Same with villains.

Batman4560

Im willing to work with anyone on that. If you want Lex to become a Hero Im all for it. Same with a hero such as Superman becoming a villain. Look at it as a different universe in the series.

Zaer Darkwail

A interesting approach, turn superman from a hero to villain yet remain true to his characther. So he would be likely be anti-hero or tyrannical sort hero type perhaps like in Injustice game?

Anyways, interest but not yet char idea what roll with so need ponder for moment.

Batman4560

Yeah if you wanted to take superman and make him somewhat evil, like Injustice or Superman and the Elites that would be fine.

Marie Reynolds

I would be interested in this and I would like to play Zatanna Zatara  From Justice League Dark. do we have to run to characters cause I am not even sure what Villain I want to run with yet.

Batman4560

No you don't have to run two characters. My advice is focus on one until you feel your are ready for two.

Wicked Vixen

I will make a character sheet but I wanted to be sure these pictures would be ok and if I could make her slightly different than the punching bag of the joker.

\

I wanted to call dibs on her Harley Quinn
The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Batman4560

The pics are fine and again. Everyone is in their first year of being a hero/villain so if you want to change anything feel free to. So long as, well She doesn't have Poison Ivy's powers or something. (that is what I mean by staying true to the character) Hell make her a solo villain for all I care.

Wicked Vixen

Ok then well I wanna make her I guess a villain with a conscience kinda like Catwoman with Batman. But she is not afraid to kill someone if she has too. Besides I like the idea of her being with a good boy while she is a bad girl... ;)

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Batman4560

Sounds good. If we can get two more really wanting to do this then Ill put up an OOC thread. So if you know anyone feel free to invite them.

RubySlippers

I would love to be a Green Lantern likely the legacy of the Alan Scott Green Lantern, aka the first one, there were many options the ring would activate when it finds a worthy being that could be anyone I'm thinking a digital artist and roleplaying gamer who was selected by the lantern and ring. Maybe finding each other at a garage sale and well the two items were listed at $10 so why not they were neat. So she won't be as powerful as the later versions aka interstellar travel etc.

Well the advantage is Earth only had one Green Lantern there is no reason it has to be canon proper and the Alan Scott version would be known by the Guardians but did not interfere since the powers of the lantern and ring were less potent and the wearer would do good with it.

Just an idea I'm thinking this out some more but I could even make up my own Oath the nice thing is many Lanterns did in the comics from time to time.

Batman4560

I love it. Feel free to post something whenever your up to it.

Wicked Vixen

Name: Harley Quinn       

Role: Walking the Line

Height: 5'7"

Sexual Preference: Bi

Powers and Physical attributes:

Martial Artist- Harley is an expert in Karate, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Jiu-Jitsu and Wushu. She has trained her body ever since she was young due to her fascination and  love of martial arts. She learned many styles after being attacked in high school something she vowed would never happen again. Putting her heart and soul into curving her body into a deadly weapon she is a fierce fighter, able to take on many opponents and to go toe to toe with the best of them. She has great reflexes and speed giving her an edge.

Acrobatic- Harley is an expert acrobat that she occasionally mixes in with her martial arts and to evade gun fire and attacks from various opponents. It also allows her to be very flexible.

Great Intellect-  Harley is incredibly smart having high grades throughout her academic career. She is a gifted psychologist who excels at reading and analyzing people. Her mind works incredibly fast and it has helped her out of a tight spot, also helps her with improvised weapons, thinking outside the box and using her smarts to help her with her criminal career.

Gunslinger- Harley has learned to master an incredibly fast quickdraw and is a great shot. To make up for her lack powers she's learned to handle all sorts of firearms.

Immunity- Thanks to a special serum developed by Poison Ivy Harley is immune to toxins and poisons. It also enhances her speed and strength a little.

Origin/Backstory:

Doctor Harleen Quinzel was a psychiatric intern at Arkham Asylum. A model student, in addition to receiving high grades in college, she was also a dedicated gymnast, winning a scholarship to Gotham City University. While researching the lunatics at Arkham, she became fascinated with one particular inmate. Ambitiously volunteering to analyze him, she pleaded with the doctors at Arkham for three months before she could treat him. After he gained her sympathy during their sessions, he seduced her, causing her to fall madly in love with him. After helping him escape from the asylum more than once Harleen was suspected by the authorities, who revoked her license and placed her in her own cell. During an earthquake in Gotham City, she fled and became Harley Quinn, the sidekick to the Clown Prince of Crime himself, the Joker. She committed many crimes all for the sake of her beloved. When ever the Joker tried to get rough with her she made sure to warn him she would not let anyone man-handle her not even him.

However when the Joker realized the very deeply hidden away feelings of being able to love he was beginning to recall, he sent Harley off in a rocket.
She crash landed in Robinson Park in the center of Gotham. It was here that she decided to extract her revenge on him for his betrayal and vow to one day smile down at his bleeding corpse and shoot him in the head. It took her many weeks to recover but now she is back and working on thwarting every plan the Joker makes. Her methods do not coincide with the usual do gooders but she is now trying her best to redeem herself.

Why this character?

I like the idea of Harley Quinn given the chance at redemption and to make a female villain used to being a punching bag finally having the strength and will to fight back besides she is freaking sexy and I like the idea of a good guy/girl with a bad girl.

What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?

Enthusiasm and a few years of rping under my name. I am willing to learn more about my character though I do know her very well as she is one of my favorite female villains of all time. I have many ideas that would make this rp even more exciting and I would be more than happy to entertain our various rpers with a good fight scene or something a little more naughty ;)

(Ill finish this tomorrow) hopefully its good so far

Batman4560

I don't have to see the rest to know that your in. I have done enough with you to know your a good player and bring ideas to the table.

Wicked Vixen

you are sweet batman :-) thank you I will see how things go but I may make another character not really sure

Batman4560

RubySlippers

Name: Ann Scott [the Green Lantern]

Role: Heroine

Height: 5'8"

Sexual Preference: Lesbian

Powers and Physical Attributes:

Stubborn Iron Will: Has amazing force of will and this joint will is with the rings, making her a very formidable Green Lantern.

Physically Fit- Is healthy and in good shape from being active in sports and can handle herself.

Martial Arts- Is a student of Krav Maga.

Green Lantern Power Battery and Ring- The lantern and ring are the source of her power including a few unique manifestations of the Green Lantern energy and its applications. The ring was special it was created with an active sentience and a force of will that reinforces the Lanterns inner resolve.
- Her force of will and programming of the ring it did itself she can hide herself from other Green Lanterns if not using the telltale Green Lantern Energy.
- She can alter the Green Lantern energy to other forms but its not as powerful but is naturally adjusted to Magical Energy its still green but not in the spectrum this has a benefit she can use it against other lanterns since her power is not "classic energy of will" with magical force its almost as strong.
- Her ring cannot be removed and will serve no one else its as stubborn as she is in truth is a true sentient intelligence of good nature but won't be a pawn of its maker she even named the ring Olorin.
- Has a normal force field ,green but magical energy, and life support as a defense as long as the ring has energy.
- Flight
- Create Constructs
- Beams of Light from Harmless to Destructive Force
- Ability to Sense Danger, Scan for Threats with a Multi-spectrum Sensors
- Hard Light Holographic Disguises
- Become Invisible from Visual Detection by Altering Light Around the Wearer
- Lantern Can Hide the Lantern in  Magical Pocket Dimension to Secure It

Weaknesses:

The Guardians have issues with her ,in short their experimental ring is too effective, its not its evil but it makes her as a Lantern hard to control so they may decide to send a GL to get her. If they can find her.

She cannot travel outside the solar system using the rings powers the worm holes are limited to that perimeter this to keep the Guardians from summoning her and the ring.

The ring operates now using magical force not the Green Energy as a weak supporting force and even with her force of will with the ring it is not as powerful as she would be using the emotional force, however she is still quite effective.

Origin/Backstory:

Ann Scott was from the Middle Class and attended school, went to a good two year school earning a A.S. in Computer Graphic Arts and made a nice living doing animation for business web sites, had some success as a local artist and sold some screen art on-line making a passing living as long as she lives with her parents. In her free time she played role-playing games, on-line games especially World of Tanks and collectible card games being a major geek. Well at a garage sale she saw a funny Green Lantern and Ring for sale at only $20 and took them home with her putting on the ring. For the next few months nothing she worked, had girls home to make love to and was her Geeky self. Until some people broke into her families home to get money for drugs.

She managed to take out a big gang member with her martial arts until the rest ganged up on her and clearly decided to rape her when she imagined being in power armor and she was in green energy armor kind of like a mech from her games and kicked their asses out of the home through the nearest door. Several having to go to the hospital and that is when the ring talked to her about the Green Lantern. Well it took some time and the energy ran out so she created her own oath after some soul searching that worked and made up a costume to fight crime as the Green Lantern. It was then she was summoned to Oa and brought to the Guardians after she made it clear she is a defender of Earth and she would not go along with the will of the Guardians they decided to remove the ring its then in a force of will her ring and her own force she kept command of the lantern ring. When they sent the Lanterns to hold her she left upon returning to Earth she and the ring worked on ways to hide her energy and new applications of power, among those shut off the interstellar travel power.

Since then she focuses on gangs, drug and human traffickers and moved out of her room to her own place - liberating some drug money and such to fund her operation. Breaking more that a few of the silly rules but in her heart she is a Green Lantern.

Ann Scott's Green Lantern Oath:
(first used in front of the guardian council, has a matching male voice from the ring to for a cool effect)

Together united, We will not yield;
ring and bearer, Our will is steel,
may hope arise and may evil flee,
for We wield the Power Green!

Why this character?: The Green Lantern is one of the oldest DC heroes besides Batman and Superman, and amazingly rich in background to abuse for plot ideas. Oh and Harley needs a girlfriend.  :-*

What do you bring to the game?: Another player with experience and have been in one or two freeform games on rpol with success so feel can give it a try in a few games here.

Batman4560

RubySlippers

I'm building her on the first GL her grandfather with the same weaknesses, with some of the more exotic powers not there. Like creating wormholes to travel through space all over. She could travel into orbit very likely.

Zaer Darkwail

Here comes my char commission. I picked a bit odd and rare case of a DC hero/villain.

Name: Lonnie Machin, alias; Anarky

Role: Walking the line, but believes himself being a hero than villain

Height: 5'6'ft

Sexual Preference: Hetero

Powers and Physical attributes:

Martial Artist- Anarky have trained intensely in single martial art style (aikido) since young age and since age of twelve have trained himself in multiple martial arts and achieved extensive potency in them. Especially he is skilled in using his golden shocking baton but even unarmed he is skilled.

Gadgeteer- Anarky has studied varied sciences and by his own believe science is magic explained, so he can study mystical forces and find rational explanation in them and duplicate them as gadgets. But presently in start of his career he mostly creates mundane, simple albeit very clever simple gadgets. But he has gadget genius potential.

Great Intellect- Anarky is exceptionally intelligent, he could be described as child prodigy of overall in intelligence department and so he studied many sciences, maths and gained doctor's degree in physics and computers in age of eleven. Overall his thinking capacity can be described to be ten times faster than normal person.

Master hacker- Anarky is genius computer wizards (for his given young age) who is well capable to hack into police secure network and even if given time Batcave head computer or even Justice League computers (without leaving any traces of his presence in there).

Biotech- Anarky has been in early childhood implanted device which bolsters his thinking capacity (his actual source of x10 thinking speed). It allows him memorize and learn faster and in mental level think lot ahead when he makes plans.

Origin/Backstory:

Lonnie Machin childhood was largely normal and good. Early on his sharp intellect was noticed and recognized which brought pride to his parents and fame to him. However in early age when he browsed the webs and read newspapers he read all corruption of big business companies and governments which were influenced or funded by said companies allowing them remain and even some cases support them with law changes! Changes which made middle class and lower people suffer while not affecting the rich! So he early on tender age of ten embraced anarchy philosophy and he used alias on web make educated and well informed arguments and debates regarding government and his own words were quoted in magazines....but no effect.

So in age of 12 he leaves all social life behind, leaving farewell note to parents and abandon all contact to his former life and dons a costume and calls himself as Anarky. He hacked on government computers to transfer funds on fluke company which was faked to be part of government when it was not and he used those funds start his own hideout and get supplies for his gadgets. Then he read in news paper about company doing some shady stuff with factory which they build despite protest of locals who loved local nature and fauna which factory now affects and ruins slowly.

This way he crossed ways with Batman and it caused them to fight. Batman thought at first he fought with a short adult man but during struggle he found out he fought with mere 12 year old! Anarky had got injured in fight and got his leg broken, but group of homeless people cured him back to health and when he went back hideout, police arrested and overwhelmed him thanks Batman succeeding track down Anarky's first lair and so Anarky was placed to juvenile detention center. His parents were tried to be tracked down but during his disappearance he had erased his name from public records and so he was kept in the center until at age of 14 he escaped and he spend then following two years preparing for come back. Now he had returned, better lair, better gadgets and he has avoided arrested again by Batman for now over a year despite his anti-government activities.

Why this character?

Anarky presents a rebel who fights against corruption of government and businesses which are supported and catered by governments who want nice tax money out from them. He views batman is fighting effects of cancer and not curing cancer itself. Overall he presents a nice potential genius who rivals Batman but is not antagonist sort (he does not cause harm to middle class or poor, although government officials and rich business men are exception to the rule). A mischievous anti-authority figure.

Besides my devotion and eagerness along with charming self ;)?

A +8 years online gaming experience (some even as GM), curiosity towards DC universe (was raised by TNMT comics than DC comics).

Batman4560

Aside from needing to be proof read for sentence structure it looks good. Welcome aboard, I think that is three of the four. Not including me.

Zaer Darkwail

Thanks, sadly though my sentence/grammar is something I cannot much do about as English is second language and also have dyslexia top of that.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on August 24, 2013, 02:51:20 AM
Thanks, sadly though my sentence/grammar is something I cannot much do about as English is second language and also have dyslexia top of that.

No matter English is evolving to be simpler, many of the basic rules are there but who bothers anymore.  :D

I will finish up my character today or tomorrow, its not the only one.

Vaulera

So, as a 'full universe' sort of deal, are timelines like the Young Justice style one out of the question, or are they still in play?

Batman4560

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on August 24, 2013, 02:51:20 AM
Given the situation I think we can all look past it then. I still want you in the group.

Batman4560

Quote from: Vaulera on August 24, 2013, 09:34:28 AM
So, as a 'full universe' sort of deal, are timelines like the Young Justice style one out of the question, or are they still in play?
Can you elaborate on that a bit more? Id like to give you the best answer possible? Do you mean like "Is Young Justice currently Active?"

Vaulera

So, what I meant by that would be, yes, would it be active in the form we last saw it, with nightwing retired, Aqualad as the leader and Kid Flash dead, as well as Artemis/ Tigress gone?

Batman4560

Nope, justice league hasn't formed yet and so on and so fourth. Everyone is free to make teams.

RubySlippers

I want to hook up with Harley she is a bit ,hot, but I'm still working out some things and a writing sample.

Batman4560

JDrew Spider

I'd be interested in playing a Villianess. I would like to play as Morgaine Le Fey or Volcana. Though Volcana walks the line.

If not than Huntress is fine with me. :)
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Batman4560

RubySlippers

I redesigning my concept I'm making the ring a true stubborn sentient being that doesn't want to serve the Guardians and neither does she so she was the only Lantern able by force of united will to defy the Guardians. So they are not happy what if other rings refuse them and find such stubborn iron willed wearers and all so they consider her a "wild card". She would point out the ring chose her, she chose the ring and she does fight evil just is a defender of Earth and its people not a "beat cop".

Her powers are going to be a bit less powerful and some ring powers she won't have (or use) but will have some unique ones to.

Batman4560

Sounds good. If we can get one more player Ill be posting up an OOC thread and In Game thread.

Gannameade

You got me I am in.  I would like to have Icon and Black Adam.

Batman4560

Gannameade

Name: Augustus Freeman IV
Alias: Icon
Inclination (Hero or Villain) Hero
Description 6'2", 250# Muscular Athletic build, Brown Eyes, Black hair, Well hung.  Can be charming till his buttons are pushed wrong.
Skills: Martial Arts various, versed in many terrestrial and galactic languages, Law, Medicine, Energy Weapons, Oriental weapons
Powers

Icon's lifepod altered his DNA so he would resemble a normal human being, thus enabling him to blend among Earth's natives. A side effect of this process was the maximization of his now human/alien genetic structure. Thus, Icon possesses a variety of superhuman abilities that are unusual even for a Terminan.
Superhuman Strength: Icon possesses vast superhuman strength that is nearly on par with Superman's.
Superhuman Speed and Reflexes: Icon possesses the ability to think, move, and react at superhuman speeds.
Superhuman Stamina: Icon possesses highly efficient musculature which produces almost no fatigue toxins, granting him almost limitless stamina in all physical activities.
Flight: Icon flies by manipulation of gravitons, manipulation of magnetic fields, control of his absolute molecular movement, and utilizing his superhuman speed. Icon can fly far beyond supersonicspeeds, but it is unknown if he can achieve nearly the speed of light.
Superhuman Senses: Icon possesses superhuman senses of sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing.
Enhanced Mental Perception: Icon possesses the ability to sense &comprehend things on levels that far exceed human capabilities, making him slightly Telepathic.
Invulnerability: Icon seems to possess nigh-invulnerability & durability, being capable of withstanding tremendous impact forces, high caliber bullets, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury. He is even capable of surviving in the vacuum of space unaided.  If he is not expecting an attack, he can be injured more easily.   However, in a fight with Superman, he took numerous blows from the Man of Steel and was able to match his endurance.
Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his nigh invulnerability to injury, it is possible to injure Icon. If injured, his body is capable of quickly repairing damaged tissue with much greater speed and efficiency than the normal human body. 
Longevity: Ages at a very slow rate, he still appears in his late to mid-twenties having lived through the civil war. 
Energy Generation: Icon has the ability to generate and control a radiant energy based on positrons. He can manipulate this energy for various effects.
Concussive Force Bolts: Icon can release positron energy from his hands as bolts of concussive force.  A low power force bolt can flick on a light switch while a force bolt at maximum power can stagger Superman.
Stun Bolts: Icon can project low-energy bolts that render human beings unconscious by disrupting the electrical impulses in their nervous systems. Icon can also use these bolts like an electromagnetic pulse to overload electronic devices.
Energy Enhanced Punches: Icon can focus positron energy into his fists, which he can then use to shatter virtually any substance.
Energy Pulse: Icon can release all of his body's positron energy as a massive omnidirectional pulse of devastating power.
Positron Field: Icon can detect the presence of others like him within his vicinity by flooding an area with a field of positrons. The field interacts with the invisible quantum well.

Sexual Inclination (straight, bi, same sex )straight
Wants to:  Have a girlfriend he could totally let go with and not worry about breaking.  Ms. Right, but he will even settle for Ms. Right-now
Won't ever: gay, excrement, death, mutilation

History:
In 1839, an alien starliner malfunctioned and exploded, jettisoning a life-pod in the middle of a cotton field in the American South. The pod automatically altered the appearance of its passenger, named Arnus, to mimic the first sentient life-form who discovered him. That life-form was a slave woman named Miriam, who saw the pod crash land.
In the present, Arnus is still with us. He did not age visibly beyond adulthood; to disguise this fact, he periodically assumes the identity of his own son. By the late 20th century, he is posing as Augustus Freeman IV, the great-grandson of his original human identity. Still marooned, Arnus/Freeman waits for Earth's technology to catch up to his lifepod's. Secretly possessing superpowers that belie his human appearance, he has always performed quiet acts of charity. With the appearance of others Augustus feels it is now time to step from the shadows and take his place fully helping humanity.

Augustus looked out from his penthouse apartment.  He helped to pay to have the building built, the provision was that he got the top floor.  It would serve to hide his comings and goings.  It wasn’t his only place, but this one allowed him to see the city.  As a protector it was his mission to help them all out.  Having been here for a while he had come to accept his role.  It had taken him awhile to accept his role however before.  As he preferred to stay out of trouble, he needed to help to protect from within the confines of the law.  It seemed those who sought to broke the law.  Became smarter, some of the criminals became very smart working on just inside of the law, right on the edge.  Sometimes crossing the line was necessary to make others see, that the scales of balance sometimes tipped in the favor of the criminal.
Despite his misgivings it now became time to tip the scales back in the favor of justice, what was right.  He looked at the statue in front of the courthouse where he was a lawyer now, from time to time.  He could see it from here as his eyes focused on the details, even at this distance.  He thought he was doing the right thing, he was defending those that couldn’t defend themselves.  He hated the fact that it was simply a game to some, manipulating the lives of others for their own gain.

He looked down on the city, sirens, gun sounds, beating, muggings, these people needed defenders on both sides of the coin, those that fight for them in the courts and on the streets.  He could hear them even from here, the pain, the fear, the affliction.  That, that was inflicted on them, some by their own choosing, some by others.  He knew if he made this step into the public eye like the ‘bat’ of Gotham.  There would be no turning back.  He would have to lie to keep himself and those he cared about hidden.  He turned and walked back over to the bed.  He looked down at the suit that seemed to have been constructed for him…long ago.  Even the mask concealed his face easily, as his abilities would sometimes conceal his acts.  This was his one chance to back out, to simply be a lawyer.  Perhaps one day even a judge.

He moved quickly with the material in his hands.  Seconds later, only the mask remained left to be dawned.  The energy that coursed through his body daily seemed to be heightened with his decision.  He had practiced with his powers, long before now he knew his abilities.  Now all that was left….was.  “Using them!”  He said to himself as he looked at the mirror with the masked face looking back at him.

Justice may have been blind…..but he wasn’t!!  He knew he couldn’t do this alone…there would have to be others.

Batman4560

Looks good thus far but can I get a sample and origin story for him so I can just make sure he will fit?

Google

I was thinking I might want to try to slip in Jason Todd, have always liked the second Robin but don't like how DC has been handling him... so could Red Hood somehow fit in?
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

Batman4560

Of course, Red Hood is a personal favorite of mine.

Google

Then maybe I will cook up a way to slip him in.
I was going to portray him as a character on the edge, at a cross roads of his life when it comes to what he feels he should be and what his mentor wanted him to be.
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

RubySlippers

Coming along slowly need to tighten the powers and come up with a weakness, besides having other GL not trust her since the Guardians don't. And no interstellar wormholes since she and the ring had to shut that down to not be recalled to Oa again. Its fun thought the ring is sentient and good but won't be pushed around from her duty imprinted by her grandfather to protect humanity and the innocent. I'm thinking the ring was experimental by one of the Guardians and it went ,er, unexpectedly odd. Would not be the first mistake one did look at Parallax. At least the ring is a force for good.

I'm mulling over a villain how far back can I go in the canon for ideas?

Batman4560

Like I said, everyone is in their first year as a hero/villain to the public so if its someone from your characters past feel free to go back as far as you want.

RubySlippers

Not sure then which one some could be just fun I will do my heroine first.

Batman4560

RubySlippers

If Batman was in I would bring in the Penny Plunderer he was yanked out of the Batman mythos entirely. I would give him immortality and magic as long as it involves pennies.  :D

Batman4560

Lol. Well batman is around. I just didn't take him because I don't want to be selfish.

RubySlippers

Only one villain is right-

The Joker

He is the only Joker worth being the legendary Cesar Romero Joker.  ;D  With the Joker Utility Belt and all the fun toys and some of his own devising.

Finish my heroine first though I have most of the ideas drafted out.

Gannameade

Dang now that brings back memories.  Ouch.  Dang I am old!!!

Batman4560

RubySlippers

I plan to update his modus operandi and have a running gag for Harley Quinn planned gee you tie to a rocket to counter balance the weight and she takes it all personally.  ;D

Joker should be mad she is clearly the one that made the rocket miss likely ate to many jelly donuts.  :P

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 26, 2013, 10:15:45 PM
I plan to update his modus operandi and have a running gag for Harley Quinn planned gee you tie to a rocket to counter balance the weight and she takes it all personally.  ;D

Joker should be mad she is clearly the one that made the rocket miss likely ate to many jelly donuts.  :P

LOL I look forward to all of this

RubySlippers

I'm thinking Harley Bots but many kinds from the 50's housewife Harley to Flapper Harley and the like maybe an army of Oompa Lumpa Harleys just to make Harley smile.  ;D

(all will be armed)

Do Joker by Wednesday night.

EDIT: And all will be programmed to fawn over The Joker and be the perfect in some warped way.

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 27, 2013, 10:10:14 AM
I'm thinking Harley Bots but many kinds from the 50's housewife Harley to Flapper Harley and the like maybe an army of Oompa Lumpa Harleys just to make Harley smile.  ;D

(all will be armed)

Do Joker by Wednesday night.

EDIT: And all will be programmed to fawn over The Joker and be the perfect in some warped way.

lol I like this idea! I think it would be funny to see play out

belatris

Character you wish to portray: Raven / Rachel Roth

Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Walking the line.

Powers and physical attributes:

Empathy: Raven can sense, read, and manipulate emotions
Healing: Raven can draw pain from others, and take it upon herself.
Teleporation: Raven can teleport herself and others, traveling a great distance in the blink of an eye; she uses her soul self to achieve this.
Dimensional Travel: Raven can open portals to other dimensions, she uses her soul self to achieve this.
Force Field: Raven can use her soul self as a barrier, while not unbreakable ... it is capable of withstanding tremendous force. She commonly combines using this force field to contain an enemy while she uses her empathy to play on an enemies greatest fears and pains.

Origin / Backstory
Raven was born in the dimension of Azarath. She spent the first sixteen years of her life there learning all that she could… about herself, her powers, and even her father.

She knew that it was only a matter of time before her father … Trigon came to Azarath in an attempt to claim her, and in doing so completely destroy the home that she’d loved. Unable to simply let this happen Raven fled to Earth.

However, shortly thereafter was captured by one of her father’s followers and delivered to him.

Raven knew her father’s goals long before she was brought before him … she knew there was no way out but through him.

And so she did the only thing she could … she submitted; and over the course of two years the sweet and innocent girl from Azarath appeared to be gone. The Raven that stood in her place was … was strong, vicious, cunning, and manipulative … the spitting image of her father.

So great was his trust in her, he named her queen of his domain … the six under realms; while he turned his attention towards conquering a new realm … earth … the soon to be seventh under realm, shaped in the image of his daughter.

Once the preparations were finally, and the plan in motion for Trigon to invade earth … he summoned his daughter Raven. Sending her to earth alone, as the herald of darkness to come. However, … she had other plans.

Roster Image ...

Gannameade

RubySlippers

Character you wish to betray: The Joker

Hero, villain or walking the line?: Villain

Genius: Is a brilliant mind an inventor, technology expert, dabbles in the occult arts like alchemy and is a damn snazzy clothing designer and a comedic master.

Master Hypnotist: He can bend the will and implant suggestions using various methods.

Joker Utility Belt: Has a belt of Joker gadgets and technology, mimics Batman's utility belt with some personal flair.

Joker Gas Lapel Flower: Is immune to Joker gas and well this makes people laugh, get a permanent smile and die.

Electric Joy Buzzer: Joy buzzer that can give a stunning or lethal charge worn in the palm of the hand.

Utterly Insane: Is pretty much immune to mind control, telepathy and other powers unless you want to enter his mind.

Crime Lord: Controls many gangs and minor criminals, and the money to match and most criminals are scared to death of him he is crazy.

Harley Bots: Has hidden automated factories to make robots that look like Harley and some quirky goodness and that fawn over Mister J from munchkin size ones to big ones and all have some weaponry. Are his henchwomen to. Some are pretty sophisticated to.

Jokermobile: His version of the Batmobile and just as dangerous with his own touches.

Martial Artist: Has some training in various martial arts and an unorthodox form of combat, no match for Batman for long but is no slouch.

Weaknesses:

Never just wants to kill Batman he wants to do so in a grand way usually some crazy death trap.

History and Background:

Oddly he was a capable comedian and hypnotist with a wife, kids, good life and a genius known for his stage magic and buffoonery. In fact he was well regarded as the Amazing Randell. Then one night he and his family was attacked and the Batman made a good attempt to save them but failed his wife was raped and killed, his two little boys shot and he left for dead tossed into a sewer. After that he lost it Batman was to blame, he spent time at the asylum and he eventually killed his first person and took Harley with him breaking her mind making her more suitable as a replacement wife of sorts. His downward spiral over the years was dramatic and hard. He took over much of the criminal underworld, invented gadgets to counter the Batman and worked at making new plans to end him. His obsession is his greatest weakness likely only one. His hair and the like is permanent no one knows how he did it and gaining more broadness in his plans is looking for allies to work with.

That could be very bad when it happens.

belatris

Quote from: cclayjr on August 27, 2013, 08:57:30 PM
Glad to have you Bel!!!

Thanks!

I wasn't looking, but stumbled across this thread ... and thought, it could use a Raven.

I am thinking about employing more of her new 52 background; which basically has her in more of a villain role to start; as she's playing both Trigon and the Teen Titans against each other.

Likely landing on the side that has the greater need of her.

Gannameade

Nice.  That is impressive.  It would be interesting.  I didn't know the TT are ready here yet.

belatris

Quote from: cclayjr on August 27, 2013, 10:07:40 PM
Nice.  That is impressive.  It would be interesting.  I didn't know the TT are ready here yet.

Wasn't much actually planning to use them, but the concept is to play <hero group> against <villain group>.

I'm likely going to keep with the idea of her being 'queen' of the under-realms for a time period. (if you're up on new 52 TT stuff, you'll know what I'm talking about ... otherwise you can wait till I'm done with the bio :D )

The basic idea is that she's really good at manipulating people, to the point that she manipulated Trigon into letting her go to earth alone.

Gannameade

I do have the gist now.  Not necessarily the TT just the heroes in general.

belatris

Gannameade

Batman4560

Ok I think we have gained enough interest to have an OOC and IC thread. I will be posting some up today.

Batman4560

Sorry this took a bit longer than expected. Here is the OOC thread. The link can also be found on the first page here. I will add all approved characters to the thread soon.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183696.0#new

RubySlippers

I will need to finish Joker and do a writing sample likely the GL engaging the Joker and the Harley Bots get both out of the way.

JDrew Spider

HAHA!

It finally came to me. I will do reincarnate of Morgaine Le fay! I'm going to make her a villain with a cause.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Gannameade

LOL thank you Drew you finally gave me the missing link I was needing mentally.  Behold my villian who can also be my nemesis as Icon.

Black Adam

Black Adam was a slave who was teleported from his prison cell to the Rock of Eternity and granted his powers by the wizardess. Adam then went on to save Khandaq from the Seven Deadly Sins before vanishing.  Adam was imprisoned for being corrupted by the sin of Lust.  He took the her like a moth to a flame and end up becoming more of the ruler he fought against. Of all of his flaws this one is most major for him. Drawings of Black Adam are shown in a historical text, displaying a slightly different look from his previous incarnations.  Dr. Sivana later uses his new-found magic eye inside of some ruins to read a magically hidden hieroglyph that makes the wall explode, releasing Black Adam from his tomb. Adam is then released in this new incarnation, which includes a cape, hood, and a metallic belt instead of a sash. His lightning bolt appears as an opening into his body with magical energy visibly inside of him.

Originally Aman, a Khandaqi boy who was thrust into abuse and slavery long ago.  Aman had an uncle (who helped Aman escape slavery), whose name was Adam. Adam was injured during their escape, and when Aman was chosen by the wizard to be his champion, Aman shared his power with Adam to heal him. Afterwards, although Aman wanted to use his new power to help his people and cure his former slavemasters of their evil souls, Adam only sought vengeance against those who had enslaved them. To this end, when Aman called down the lightning, Adam seemingly killed Aman so that he himself was the sole recipient of the power. However, the details of Aman's "death" are not shown, leaving his fate open to speculation. Black Adam refers to Aman's "sacrifice," and tells Billy that he will go to any lengths to "free this world from those who enslave it.  Even if it is a their ruler.  Mankind is too unready to rule itself.”  He could change back to his human form currently and not die but why become that weakened mortal form when gods are meant to rule!

Powers and abilities

When Charles Scott says the magic word "Shazam", he is transformed into Black Adam and granted the following powers derived from ancient Egyptian gods:

S - for the stamina of Shu
Using Shu's virtually unlimited stamina, Black Adam can withstand and survive most types of extreme physical assaults. Additionally, he does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe and can survive unaided in space. His godly metabolism provides him with far greater than human potency in all physical activities. Sustained by the magical energies coursing through his body, Adam is immortal.

H - for the swiftness of Heru
By channeling Heru's supernatural speed, Black Adam can move at sub-light speeds in orbit. In outer space, Black Adam can fly at trans-light speeds, while on Earth he has been depicted running at a maximum Mach 500. He was able to give his speed to the Flash, running at incredible speeds with him.

A - for the strength of Amon
Black Adam has a phenomenal level of super strength, able to easily bend steel, punch through walls, produce powerful shockwaves by claping his hands, and lift massive objects. Adam's strength is generally depicted of being on levels equal to those of Superman and Captain Marvel, though some writers have portrayed his strength as possibly outmatching them.

Z - for the wisdom of Zehuti
Black Adam has instant access to a vast level of scholarly knowledge, which allows him to know multiple languages. The wisdom of Zehuti also provides him with counsel and advice in times of need.

A - for the power of Aton
Aton's power allows Black Adam to fly, fuels the magic lightning bolt that transforms Charles, further enhances Adam's superhuman physical abilities, and provides magical resistance against a massive amount of magic spells and attacks. Adam can use the lightning bolt as a weapon by dodging it and allowing it to strike an opponent or target. It allows him to travel to the Rock of Eternity, thus allowing interdimensional and time travel.  He has senses learn to channel the electricity through himself as electrical blasts.

M - for the courage of Mehen
This aspect is primarily psychological, and gives Black Adam superhuman amounts of inner strength from which to draw upon in times of hopelessness, and possibly great fighting skills. His strength of mind renders him resistant to telepathy and mind control. In some depictions, the courage of Mehen also provides a degree of his physical invulnerability to harm. He is always supported by an innate and harmonious presence of good will and spiritual strength of perseverance that he never backs down from a challenge. If he were somehow wounded, his godly energies would enable him to recover very rapidly. It would take an injury of such magnitude that it dispersed a major portion of his bodily molecules to cause him a physical death. Even then, it is possible for a god of significant power, such as Ra, Anubis and Osiris or for a number of Egyptian gods of equal power working together to revive him.

Additionally, Adam's senses are acutely sharpened, as he claimed to be able to smell Felix Faust's sweat. Black Adam has repeatedly been described as a warrior who had proven himself to be highly skilled even before he was given the power of Shazam.

RubySlippers

JDrew Spider

He's a villain and no problem cclayjy.

Hm...I really like that character,looks like both of ours will be magical.

~~~~~~~

MORGAN LEFAY

Character you wish to betray: Morgaine Le Fay

Hero, villain or walking the line?: Villain- who can walk the line

Flight: Ability to fly at subsonic speeds.

Dimensional Travel: She's able to cross worlds which is how she got to Gotham from Avalon.

Immortality: Though the way she has leaped frog through time would have one think otherwise she is still immortal and though her body had been destroyed she was able to reincarnate into a convenient form.

Maleficence: She is a Mistress of the black arts and with aid of various magical devices she has untapped potential.

Weaknesses:

Mortal Body: Her body is still that of human woman and with magic she would be mortal and vulnerable. Only other magicks can do her harm.

She's looking for her tomb. Once her soul joins with her original form she will be at full power

History and Background:

Morgaine Inwudu of the Elder Folk. Morgaine originated from  a race of magical beings known as the Elder folk. The  Elder folk existed in a time before time  when magick and sorcery ruled the world.  Her origins date all the way back to Atlantis and beyond. Her people crossed the world and eventually settled in the British Isles. It was then known as the time of man. She wasn't alone, Morgaine had two sisters who also studied magick, but where their hearts were warm and kind hers was dark and hungry. In the time when men ruled and magick began to fade she though little of the human race and played with them, much to her sisters disliking, as if they were toys and to her they were. Her games became all consuming when she used her magick to disguise herself as lady in waiting in hopes of ruining the marriage of then King Auther and Guinevere. Her affair with Auther led to her baring him a son she named Mordred. Her sisters told her to take Mordred as well herself to Avalon, but she wouldn't. She believed her son Mordred was destine to rule over man as were all the Elder folk and what better a union than her and Auther on the throne. The King Auther and his wife Guinvere had a son and declared him to be the successor of the throne. That announcement pissed Morgaine to oblivion and when she appeared in the royal court she told Auther he had a son already fitted for the throne. She laid the baby Mordred at his feet and told him to pick him up,claim him as your successor.

King Auther refused and though he did confess to all that  he did have an affair, his son born of his queen was rightfully the heir. He told Morgaine to take her son and leave. She did, but not before stating that she would return and destroy everything he held dear. Morgaine returned with an army to destroy Camelot. She laid waste to the fields and the homes of Auther's courts. Most importantly she took over the castle and with her dark magick forced everyone in the court to carve out their own hearts. She told Auther to surrender and when he did not she slayed his wife right in front of him. She told him he would not die, not before she put a curse on his descendants. His son would go on living, but would suffer as a common vagabond and so would his sons and their sons.  Before she could lay her curse Merlin appeared  and banished her soul from her body to ever wonder in the dark abyss. Her body was encased and entombed in a undisclosed location. Merlin then transported her soul to the magick isle of Avalon and took her son with him. For thousands of year Morgaine withered away without a form, until her sisters appeared and told her she wouldn't have to be alone. They cast a spell to put her soul to sleep until one of Elder folk blood had been born. The sisters knew very well the their would never be such an occurrence because Elder Folk don't need to procreate. However they had forgotten Merlin had taken her son and raised him as his own along with the boy king . For a while the magical gene laid dormant inside his descendants until one day a baby girl was born with the Homo Magi gene-the magick of The Elder Folk. Her name  is Morgan Faye.

Morgaine's sleeping soul was reincarnated into Morgan.

The burning question - Why this character?:

How often do you see people playing a Morgain Le Fay (DC) wise? Besides I thought the reincarnation thing was nice touch. She's real powerful and very seductive, but she's a very ancient soul in a new world and I would to see how I'll make her react.

A dark and sinister story that reaches far back in time.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

"How DARE he! She growled before slamming her fist down on the wooden table. Her emerald green eyes ignited in flames as she summoned the forces of a darker nature to do her bidding. With a flick of her wrist she shoved the man into the wall, smashing his skull into the stone until it cracked and shattered like glass. Blood dripping down the walls in soft trails she kinetically shoved his lifeless body out the room before setting it on fire. Blue, yet hellish flames engulfed the corpse and devoured the body until nothing but black soot remained where the body had been. It wasn't his fault, she was just really pissed off that he would betray her. HER! Morgana! Morgaine! Morgan! Whatever name these men had given her they knew better than this! She had  to calm herself since this was just a mere bump in the road. Everyone had obstacles to face and this was no different.

Still she couldn't imagine why he would of chosen that weak little maid as his wife. There's nothing more distasteful that to watch a man lie to the world about who he was.  Good ole King Arthur, a righteous king, a kind ruler, a beloved brother to the just. She knew his heart better than anyone in Camelot. She spent many hot and passionate nights mewling like a whore in heat underneath him. Mewling in the very same bed he would bed his wench and if that bitch bore him a son than what of Mordred?! She clawed the steel tablet that laid before her. Morgaine's eyes went to the fire that lit the room. She was in solitude, a place where she could think to herself. "Why are men such foolish creatures...they were better off as slaves." She sighed before sitting down in her hollow chair. "Just breathe....relax." She told herself before looking at the pile of black soot outside her door. Why was it written for the faye to hide and the humans to rule, going about wherever they chose. Did men really think they owned the world. None of them believed in nothing and so thus she believed they were nothing. She also tried to diagnose herself and believed she may be suffering from a broken heart. "Never mind that...I have the perfect solution.."

Morgan had worked so hard on that project and just for those mean girls to trash her hard work like this had her really upset. "OOPS, poor Morgan and your pageant projects." The voice belonged to a Chelsea, a 5'3, blonde with a big mouth. She wasn't the head cheerleader, but she was close enough. "Who the hell told you, you could compete for pageant week, we already decided who we would pick." Morgan hated Chelsea. She hated the way she looked down her nose at her, like she was better than her, all of them made her sick to her stomach. "I suggest you not run this year or any other year" She said putting on a scene while Morgan tried to gather her things in the hallway. "I'm running for Miss HS and there's nothing you can say or do." She didn't know where this strength came from, but suddenly she felt empowered and stood up to Chelsea. "If you don't like, than bleed until you do.." She wasn't sure what caused her to say that, but it felt good though.  Gotham High had these pageants every year and she was tired of the same type of people running and winning. As soon as Morgan said bleed Chelsea's nose began to bleed. First drips and then her nose just poured blood. The crowd gasped and her allies looked awestruck. The blonde screamed for help because her eyes began to bleed out and then her ears....

When the end of the year came Morgan had won the beauty pageant and poor Chelsea...she bled to death. Doctors said she had developed a rare blood disease.

Spider Hole
Apologies

belatris

Quote from: JDrew Spider on September 01, 2013, 08:19:30 PM
He's a villain and no problem cclayjy.

Hm...I really like that character,looks like both of ours will be magical.

~~~~~~~

MORGAN LEFAY

Character you wish to betray: Morgaine Le Fay

Hero, villain or walking the line?: Villain- who can walk the line

Flight: Ability to fly at subsonic speeds.

Dimensional Travel: She's able to cross worlds which is how she got to Gotham from Avalon.

Immortality: Though the way she has leaped frog through time would have one think otherwise she is still immortal and though her body had been destroyed she was able to reincarnate into a convenient form.

Maleficence: She is a Mistress of the black arts and with aid of various magical devices she has untapped potential.

Weaknesses:

Mortal Body: Her body is still that of human woman and with magic she would be mortal and vulnerable. Only other magicks can do her harm.

She's looking for her tomb. Once her soul joins with her original form she will be at full power

History and Background:

Morgaine Inwudu of the Elder Folk. Morgaine originated from  a race of magical beings known as the Elder folk. The  Elder folk existed in a time before time  when magick and sorcery ruled the world.  Her origins date all the way back to Atlantis and beyond. Her people crossed the world and eventually settled in the British Isles. It was then known as the time of man. She wasn't alone, Morgaine had two sisters who also studied magick, but where their hearts were warm and kind hers was dark and hungry. In the time when men ruled and magick began to fade she though little of the human race and played with them, much to her sisters disliking, as if they were toys and to her they were. Hey ganes became all consuming when she used her magick to disguise herself as lady in waiting in hopes of ruining the marriage of then King Auther and Guinevere. Her affair with Auther led to her baring him a son she name Mordred. Her sisters told her to take Mordred as well herself to Avalon, but she wouldn't. She believed her son Mordred was destine to rule over man as were all the Elder folk and what better a union than her and Auther on the throne. The King Auther and his wife Guinvere had a son and declared him to be the successor of the throne. That announcement pissed Morgaine to oblivion and when she appeared in the royal court she told Auther he had a son already fitted for the throne. She laid the baby Mordred at his feet and told him to pick him up,claim him as your successor.

King Auther refused and though he did confess to all that  he did have an affair, his son born of his queen was rightfully the heir. He told Morgaine to take her son and leave. She did, but not before stating that she would return and destroy everything he held dear away from him. Morgaine returned with an army to destroy Camelot. She laid waste to the fields and the homes of Authers courts. Most importantly she took over the castle and with her dark magick forced everyone in the court to carve out their own hearts. She told Auther to surrender and when he did not she slayed his wife right in front of them. She told him he would not die, not before she put a curse on his descendants. His son would go on living, but would suffer as common vagabond and so would his sons and their sons.  Before she could lay her curse Merlin appeared  and banished her soul from her body to ever wonder in the dark abyss. Her body was encased and entombed in a undisclosed location. Merlin then transported her soul to the magick isle of Avalon and took her son with him. For thousands of year Morgaine withered away without a form, until her sisters appeared and told her she wouldn't have to be alone. They cast a spell to put her soul to sleep until one of Elder folk blood had been born. The sisters knew very well the their would never be such an occurrence because Elder Folk don't need to procreate. However that had forgotten Merlin had taken her son and raised him as her own. For a while the magical gene laid dormant inside his descendants until one day a baby girl was born with the Homo Magi gene-the magick of The Elder Folk. Her name  is Morgan Faye.

Morgaine's sleeping soul was reincarnated into Morgan.

How often do you see people playing a Morgain Le Fay (DC) wise? Besides I thought the reincarnation thing was nice touch. She's real powerful and very seductive, but she's a very ancient soul in a new world and I would to see how I'll make her react.

A dark and sinister story that reaches far back in time.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

"How DARE he! She growled before slamming her fist down on the wooden table. Her emerald green eyes ignited in flames as she summoned the forces of a darker nature to do her bidding. With a flick of her wrist she shoved the man into the wall, smashing his skull into the stone until it cracked and shattered like glass. Blood dripping down the walls in soft trails she kinetically shoved his lifeless body out the room before setting it on fire. Blue, yet hellish flames engulfed the corpse and devoured the body until nothing but black soot remained where the body had been. It wasn't his fault, she was just really pissed off that he would betray her. HER! Morgana! Morgaine! Morgan! Whatever name these men had given her they knew better than this! She had  to calm herself since this was just a mere bump in the road. Everyone had obstacles to face and this was no different.

Still she couldn't imagine why he would of chosen that weak little maid as his wife. There's nothing more distasteful that to watch a man lie to the world about who he was.  Good ole King Arthur, a righteous king, a kind ruler, a beloved brother to the just. She knew his heart better than anyone in Camelot. She spent many hot and passionate nights mewling like a whore in heat underneath him. Mewling in the very same bed he would bed his wench and if that bitch bore him a son than what of Mordred?! She clawed the steel tablet that laid before her. Morgaine's eyes went to the fire that lit the room. She was in solitude, a place where she could think to herself. "Why are men such foolish creatures...they were better off as slaves." She sighed before sitting down in her hollow chair. "Just breathe....relax." She told herself before looking at the pile of black soot outside her door. Why was it written for the faye to hide and the humans to rule, going about wherever they chose. Did men really think they owned the world. None of them believed in nothing and so thus she believed they were nothing. She also tried to diagnose herself and believed she may be suffering from a broken heart. "Never mind that...I have the perfect solution.."

Morgan had worked so hard on that project and just for those mean girls to trash her hard work like this had her really upset. "OOPS, poor Morgan and your pageant projects." The voice belonged to a Chelsea, a 5'3, blonde with a big mouth. She wasn't the head cheerleader, but she was close enough. "Who the hell told you, you could compete for pageant week, we already decided who we would pick." Morgan hated Chelsea. She hated the way she looked down her nose at her, like she was better than her, all of them made her sick to her stomach. "I suggest you not run this year or any other year" She said putting on a scene while Morgan tried to gather her things in the hallway. "I'm running for Miss HS and there's nothing you can say or do." She didn't know where this strength came from, but suddenly she felt empowered and stood up to Chelsea. "If you don't like, than bleed until you do.." She wasn't sure what caused her to say that, but it felt good though.  Gotham High had these pageants every year and she was tired of the same type of people running and winning. As soon as Morgan said bleed Chelsea's nose began to bleed. First drips and then her nose just poured blood. The crowd gasped and her allies looked awestruck. The blonde screamed for help because her eyes began to bleed out and then her ears....

When the end of the year came Morgan had won the beauty pageant and poor Chelsea...she bled to death. Doctors said she had developed a rare blood disease.

All I can say is raven may enjoy working for margin la fey ;-)

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

Batman4560

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

belatris

RubySlippers

Writing Sample Joker and the Amazing Annoying Acrobatic Harley Bot Triplets and The Green Lantern:

Harleys go get the book I need as I hold off the Gotham PD, at least Batman is busy with the Harley Dolls over at the Charity. No one can stop us. Joker said as he laughed finally not having issues. Then a big green Jack in the Box appears and cranks drawing the Harley Bots attentions as they start breaching the security to the ancient tome of magic as they and the Joker approach it then out pops a smiley Harley made up like the joker but all green with a mallet then it pounds the Joker in the crotch.

OWWWWWWW Harley Bots get her! Joker kinds of gets that out as he slumps over grabbing his crotch as the Green Lanterns comes out of her invisibility.

The Green Lantern sends a powerful energy blast of searing green force destroying the book it not the Joker but Morgan Le Fey seeks it and destroying it will keep it from her hands then she turns to the Harley Bot. Time to play. she creates a mech around her with big machine guns and added force armor. Then lets the guns rip. Most of the shots miss as the Harley Bots evade until one lands into a Bot and shreds it. The kicks and clubs bounce off her armor as they attack her from each side as she is knocked over.

Joker decides runs away as they keep her busy as the Green Lantern sends out a blast wave that sends back the Harley Bots into the wall hard smashing them, taking out the windows and a good amount of the furniture and other displays.

As Morgan Le Fey appears the Green Lantern flies up and presents her ring generating a force shield the Joker is a nuisance, this is a far deadlier opponent as she raises her defenses.

[Did my best its easier when in the game and pacing ones posts.]

Batman4560

RubySlippers

The Joker is not a villain he just wants to kill Batman and well innocent people tend to break when he plays with them. He is just misunderstood.

Batman4560

Wicked Vixen

Batman4560

Wicked Vixen

Wicked Vixen

not really sure how to ease Harley into the gameplay but I want to. Just know I am still here Batman

Batman4560

Wicked Vixen

perhaps I just am not sure how i would bring her into what is going on unless I make her stumble upon what is going on Harley wouldn't really be wondering what cultists are doing unless for some reason they get her attention though I guess I could say she butts in because she is trying to be "good"

Batman4560

Well you could stick her in with Green Arrow. Also I think I am going to Pick up Batman and we could work something out from there. P.M. me if you want to talk more.

belatris

Quote from: Batman4560 on September 02, 2013, 12:55:13 AM
Well you could stick her in with Green Arrow. Also I think I am going to Pick up Batman and we could work something out from there. P.M. me if you want to talk more.

.. Oh batman is playing batman?

:-)

Wicked Vixen

Batman4560

Wicked Vixen

belatris

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

RubySlippers

Harley the Joker can send out a Harley Bot to do bad things dressed just like you, that should get you going. With say a few hundred little versions to add to the mayhem.

Wicked Vixen

Gannameade

Ascia

Character you wish to portray: Helena Bertinelli

Hero, villain, or walking the line: Walking the Line

Powers and Physical Attributes:

Marksman - There's a short list of names comprising 'the world's best marksman' list, and no matter how you rank that handful of names one thing is certain: Helena Bertinelli is on that short list. Capable of performing nigh impossible feats of marksmanship.

Martial Artist - Helena Bertinelli follows an ancient line of Italian assassins where the only thing more frightening to being picked off by them at a distance, is the prospect of facing them in close quarters combat. In addition to familial training, Helena has trained with names such as Lady Shiva and Richard Dragon.

Mechanically Minded - From cars to helicopters to boats to her favorite purple motorcycle; Helena Bertinelli is a gear head that can operate nearly any motorized vehicle, and work on most of them.

Business Sense - From top placement at the London School of Economics to job offers from some of the world's largest financial institutions, Helena Bertinelli is a force in the business world and astute reader of world markets. After flipping wealthy old Bertinelli crime holdings into legitimate investment opportunities that paid off, and paid off big, Helena took firm control of the Bertinelli family finances--and never looked back.

Mafia Family - While it can be a weakness just as easily as it can be a strength, the 'crime' in the Bertinelli Crime Family has largely switched focus and energy into expanding the family's legitimate buisness empire. Largely, but not altogether. The remnants of the Gotham City branch of the Bertinelli family hold ancient grunges, and still look to Gotham City's underground as their primary means to reestablish their purpose in the city, and their pride.

Origin:

The most often mistaken fact about Helena Bertinelli is that she's American by birth, not Italian. The confusion is understandable, since she left the States at an early age. The the very next day after her Seventh birthday, in fact, her immediate family gunned down during her birthday party by gunmen that police never did identity in an event the Gotham Gazette called at the time; "The city's bloodiest birthday bath." 

Some saw it as an ill omen for the child and the Bertinelli family as a whole, the truth of it being that the family had been losing ground to rival Gotham families for years at the time of the massacre. No one quite knows how Helena survived, but since she was just a year earlier kidnapped for ransom, the Italian branch of the family decided enough damage had been done to the girl, that the only option left was to bring her to Italia.

The plan was for Helena to marry one of her second cousins, or a family friend on the way up. Plans that weren't unheard for a Mafia Princess that had lost her family in bloodshed. But when the family Patriarch's brother, Giovanni Bertinelli, took the little girl with him to hunt fowl...the plans for Helena would never be the same again. Once the foremost assassin in the Mafia, Giovanni knew a natural born killer when he saw it. And in young Helena, he saw it in spades. No one could blame Giovanni for not seeing just how far Helena would go in that moment.

For most of her life, Helena remains an after thought. She is simply the pretty girl more interested in books and learning than in dancing and boys, no more attention is given to her than a few failed attempts at courtship by local young men. (Nevermind she's a lesbian, a fact that still remains private information to this day.) Even her high marks at University doesn't seem to attract much attention from Mafioso rivals or law enforcement alike. As far as they're concerned, Helena's the good girl of the Bertinelli clan. A belief furthered when Helena starts turning old assets of the family once used to cover crimes as start up capital for new investments.

A belief brought into question when Helena finally returns to Gotham City, assuming her place atop the Bertinelli family remnants in Gotham. Although the Gotham City Bertinelli branch at first begins to pivot attention from crime to legitimate buisness just like all the other branches of the Bertinelli family have believed to have done, quickly it becomes clear a new family is infilitrated Gotham, stealing information and resources and men from other families in the town, seeming stocking up for an attack on the criminal establishment of Gotham City.

Rare as a woman to be atop such an organization as a Mafia family is, unthinkable is the idea of a masked vigilante by night acting as a Mafia boss during the day. Impossible as it may be to believe, that's exactly what's happened when the return of Helena was shortly followed by the appearance of a masked femme fatale dressed in purple and black known for exessive violence, and the usage of crossbows. Whether anyone can connect those dots before Helena Bertinelli either gets herself killed by her own 'Family', or crowned the crime lord of Gotham City, remains to be seen. And whether Helena Bertinelli aims to be hero or villain...no one seems to know.

Least of all Helena Bertinelli.

The Question That Burns:

I can't think of a character better suited for 'walking the line', traumatized early on, sharpened into a weapon over the span of her life, and a strong woman torn between dualing impulses: both the impulse to be a hero, and the impulse to 'pay back' Gotham City and it's crime families for what Helena believes they did to her family. So why her? The option to be the hero or the villain, whatever the game needs.

What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?:

An interesting element that's anything but predictable, I hope. I have a large base of knowledge for the DCU, love roleplaying, love comics. And with a character that's set up to be anything she needs to be, the ability to adapt to the game, not try to get the game to adapt to me or my character.

Sample:

A second after Henri dissapeared after the TV interview wrapped, before they had even left the studio building, Andre was whispering at her ear. "Detonni killed one of our men."

"He did, or one of his sons?" There was a difference, even if it was more or less purely an artificial difference to everyone but Helena. But to Helena, it did matter. Detonni's sons were thugs, and brutes. Spoiled South Shore morons. Detonni's neglect and own brute ways had only inspired his sons, but Detonni wasn't stupid. Nor was he shameful, or ignorant of the Mafia and it's ways. And it's rules. If Detonni had killed one of their men...it meant war. Bertinelli had just returned to Gotham. They were strong, and scary...because afterall, Helena had no ties to them. No ties anyone could rightfully prove, anyway. Andre was the fall guy. It had been his idea, and Helena had been more than happy to let him do it...even if she acted as if she would never let anything happen to him. But people knew Helena was in charge. At least, the other Bosses did. And that's what mattered. There was a woman in their man's world. Not the first time. Sofia Falcone had once been a Mafia Gotham boss, too...much good that it did her.

"One of his sons."

Helena smiled at the door man and the police officers that were there for security when she exited the building through a side exit. Even for a side exit, she could hear the crowd before she saw them. And the moment she appeared out of the doors and into the street, her coat back around her, that crowd was all she heard. Gotham City reminded her of Rome, sometimes. That she were Caesar returning from some foreign war, cheered and adored by the Roman citizens. Because as far as she could tell, that's as simple as it was for Gotham City. She had helped keep Gotham City alive, bailing them out of the kind of financial trouble that would've put the city into a deep economic funk. Had she not stepped in, the jobless in the city would swell to record levels, if the projections were correct. And Helena had seen the math on the projections. They WERE right.

She gave a wave at the crowd before hurrying into the limo, Andre trailing her and closing the door behind them. In the silence of the vehicle she finally sighed, and considered. She couldn't show weakness. Not this early. Mercy was not appreciated by the other Bosses. To them, she had to be just as ruthless. Just as dangerous. If not more so. Her plan to simply pay them all off had mostly worked. She provided them with actual business investments, legitimate ways of making money...more money than crime would make them. And in return, they slowly started turning criminal elements over to her. She was simply buying her power. But some families...some Bosses...could not be bought. To those Bosses...she had to be bloody, and harsh, and hard hearted.

Detonni was one of them.

"We should kill him," Andre said, finally.

"Andre...is there someone under you that you trust completely? Someone you'd trust your life to?"

Without waiting a second, her cousin nodded firmly. "Yes."

It only made her sigh again, sadder than before. "The wiser answer would have been no, cousin."

The man stared at her. There were times when Andre forgot the capacity in which she operated. When Andre thought of her as the Boss, as the Don, and not as the genius with the fanatical drive. And then she would say something...something full of the sort of wisdom that cut straight through the world he saw all around him, and straight to the hard reality of the world that actually was around him. She loved her cousin, she truly did. She'd like to see him survive, if it all possible. "Kill Detonni and one of those sons will simply take over for him. Detonni isn't old and grey. He has many years in him, still. But if we execute one of those sons in front of him, and make him know he cannot do anything about it...then we send him a message. One he is unlikely forget for the rest of his life. And maybe, just maybe, a lesson that will teach him to reign those sons of his in a little bit."

Andre nodded, and this time, he did so with a new sort of smile on his lips. One of satisfaction.

Roster Image:

belatris

Ohh always been a huntress fan.

Not sure ill like being on the pointy end of the crossbows at some point, but it will be fun.

Ascia

Quote from: belatris on September 03, 2013, 01:31:31 PM
Ohh always been a huntress fan.

Not sure ill like being on the pointy end of the crossbows at some point, but it will be fun.

You know, Raven might freak out the Roman Catholic Bertinelli. Could be fun. ^_^

belatris

Quote from: Ascia on September 03, 2013, 01:43:22 PM
You know, Raven might freak out the Roman Catholic Bertinelli. Could be fun. ^_^

I'd say it definitely will be fun ;-)

Batman4560

Wajin

If you're still open for more heroes I'll have one up for Barry Allen later today
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Batman4560

I don't think I will ever close this to players. I look forward to the app.

Irishfire87

I was interested when I first saw the topic here but as I wasn't approved yet I was unable to post.  Now I can though!

.Character you wish to portray: Kara Zor-El AKA Linda Lee Danvers / Supergirl

(Just a side note that this is Supergirl and what would happen to her as an 18 year old coming into her powers without the guidance of Superman)

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Walking the line. 

While this is Supergirl and she is born with her powers she does not yet know how to fully utilize them.

-Advanced Intelligence- Kara spent 17 years on her home planet which is advanced much past the technologies of earth giving her superior intellect over the average human.  (I know that it should be 15 years on the planet but I want to change it so she is 18 at the time of this RP yet still freshly arrived.)

-Durability- Kara as a Kryptonian has the ability to withstand strong onslaughts with minor injuries.  While not invulnerable she can appear as such at times especially since bullets ricochet off from her.  While she is not invulnerable it would appear as though the suit she wears while taking the role of Supergirl is.

-Enhanced Hearing- Kara has shown the ability to hear frequencies that humans cannot.  She has also been shown to be able to hear sound waves that are breaking up meaning that she can hear even the slightest of sounds.

-Enhanced Lung Capacity- Kara can hold her breath for extended periods of time as she did while traveling through space.

-Flight- Due to being Kryptonian Kara has the ability of flight.  She can fly at the speed of light however doing so on earth is not necessarily a good thing as there are many things for one to fly into.

-Healing Factor- Kara can heal from bad wounds naturally however she must have time to.  This does not mean she can instantly heal, it just means that she can heal at an accelerated rate.

-Heat Vision- Kara has the ability to generate beams of radiation from her eyes that can melt steel.  This is one of the skills that Kara has not learned how to master and while Superman can use this ability subtly to warm coffee or for other menial tasks Kara has not learned how to control it well enough to do so.

-Super Speed-  Kara has exhibited the ability to move at speeds beyond that of a human yet she is not as fast as individuals whose speed is their specialty.

-Super Strength- Kara has the strength to accomplish amazing feats and supposedly can lift 100 tons however she does not know her own strength and therefore does not attempt such things.

-X-Ray Vision-  Kara can see through any material except for lead.

Kara grew up on a section of Krypton, Argo City, that was blasted into space during the crisis that Superman had escaped.  She grew up and had enjoyed living where she was until she was in her teens when an unexpected meteor shower struck the city she lived in.  Her parents decided to save her by building a spacecraft for her and sending her to Earth where her cousin Superman would likely protect her.  She escaped just in time and saw the planet that she had lived her entire life on explode.  She greived the passing of all she had known the entire trip to earth.

Her arrival on Earth didn't go exactly as planned however as she landed near Star City, not Metropolis as planned.  It didn't take long before Kara started realizing the effects landing on earth had on her.  After she had only been on Earth a few minutes she stretched and then started to hover which freaked her out.  It was then that she remember what she had been told, being on Earth would awaken powers inside Kryptonians.  At first she was worried but then she started to smirk, this could be fun.

As she arrived in Star City she realized that sticking out wouldn't be the best thing so she donned a brunette wig and some school clothes that she 'acquired' from a civilian along with their backpack which she put her suit into.  It didn't take long for her to witness someone being mugged.  All Kara did though was watch and continue walking, after all what was it to her if some human got mugged?  Why should she risk her own health to protect someone that she didn't know?  Her goal in coming here wasn't to protect people, it was to survive.

It didn't take long for Kara to come to a quick conclusion as she watched another act of crime; Humans were not as civil as Kryptonians.  Kara made up her mind, she wouldn't help these people unless she had reason to.  What kind of people would openly harm people of their own kind?  This world wasn't what she'd thought it would be.

.The burning question - Why this character?:  The first two comics I ever read were given to me by my now deceased uncle.  They were the concluding issue of X-Men Vs The Avengers and the issue where Superman is killed by Doomsday.  As a result I ended up being a fan of superman and the X-men (as there was an animated series at the time).  Being the DC Universe, that rules out any X-Men and being that I don't like Rping as male characters that rules out Superman.  So I decided to go with Supergirl who is the female counterpart of Superman.  I'll be honest in that I don't know a lot about Supergirl, but you'll find that I'm willing to learn in order to fill the role and with the backstory I've given her and the lack of guidance from Superman it leaves a lot of free room to develop her as a character.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: I have 6 years of RP experience and am currently an Admin on a beta site that is half forum rp and half D&D not to mention I've been Admin and creator of a few.  I too have a love for superheroes and while I don't have as much DC knowledge as I do Marvel, I still have a lot of knowledge of the characters and any that I lack I am willing to learn about.  I am also very excited about this RP as I have never Rped in the setting of any Comic universe before.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

As Kara walks through the streets of Star City she can hear several voices even those that are from people a great distance away.  It becomes overwhelming to her as she covers her ears and closes her eyes.  As she settles herself and looks up she sees a man dressed in a suit and carrying a briefcase walking up to her.

"Excuse me Miss?  Are you alright?"  He asks seemingly concerned about how she had been acting.

"Um... Yeah, I think I am now.  Is the city always this loud?"  She asks, not realizing she was hearing more than this man ever could.

"Oh?  That's the trouble?"  He asks chuckling.  "You must be from the country.  Yeah, it's pretty noisy in the city, even at night.  My name's Todd Ginsey by the way.  What's yours?"

Hearing this didn't make Kara very comfortable, she couldn't even here herself think a moment ago.  It would be like this all of the time?  She then hears the man introduce himself, "I'm...", she hesitates.  All the names she had heard during the overflow of voices earlier were nothing like the ones from back home.  She remembers the names she heard earlier and wanting to fit in and not seem any more suspect comes up with a name, "I'm Linda Lee Danvers."

"Oh, nice to meet you Linda."  The man then looks at his watch.  "Oh no, it's that late already?  It was nice meeting you but I must be off."  The man does a short bow and then leaves.

Seeing how this man acted was strange to her.  So far all she had seen was mostly crime and chaos yet in the middle of it there was a random stranger that was considerate enough to see if she was alright.  It was a lot to think about as she was making the mistake of trying to judge humanity as a whole, not as a group of individuals.

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):  The picture is below in spoiler.

Batman4560

Looks great, welcome to the game. I will make sure you're character is placed in the character sheet list. Also I think it is time to add Metropolis and Central City to the game as a posting thread.

belatris

Quote from: Batman4560 on September 04, 2013, 10:10:17 AM
Looks great, welcome to the game. I will make sure you're character is placed in the character sheet list. Also I think it is time to add Metropolis and Central City to the game as a posting thread.
My organization OCD is kicking in and I want to say it might not be a bad idea to go one city per thread :-)

Batman4560

Do you think we have enough players for that many threads?

belatris

Quote from: Batman4560 on September 04, 2013, 10:18:04 AM
Do you think we have enough players for that many threads?

The rule of thumb I was told is 2 threads per player. :-)

Irishfire87

From what I had seen it looked like there were at least enough for a separate Gotham and Star City at least. 

Wajin

Character you wish to portray: Barry Allen / The Flash

Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Hero

-   Speed Force Conduit: Barry is a conduit for the extra dimensional force known as the speed force. This connection grants Barry a score of abilities related to speed. Amongst these are the ability to steal momentum and kinetic energy from people, lending his speed to those close to him, the ability to run at near light speed and the ability to vibrate his molecules to the point of becoming intangible. It also grants him increased mental abilities, such as heightened calculative abilities,
-   Forensic Pathology
-   Chemistry
-   Criminology

Origin and backstory (as you see it):

Barry Allen was born on the 19th of March, on a stormy night to Henry and Nora Allen in Fallville, Iowa two weeks late. The Allens had been expecting twins, but Barry’s brother was pronounced stillborn. Barry and his family lived for a few years in Fallville before his father got a job in Central City. The little family moved to Central City and lived a happy life for the next couple of years. Barry as a child had a tendency, like with birth, to be late with everything he did, not just appointments but also in waking up.

This last thing, waking up, would come to be an advantageous, if tragic habit, as one night a criminal broke into his house. His father struggled and in return he and Barry’s mother was killed by the criminal who then escaped. The neighbor called the police and Barry was woken up by his neighbor Mrs. Jenkins who took him out of the house before he could see what had transpired within.
After telling Barry telling what had transpired Mrs. Jenkins vowed to take care of Barry as she had been trying to have children with her husband for years without success. Barry accepted and quickly settled in with the Jenkins couple.

As he grew older Barry got really interested in chemistry and how forensic evidence could help solve crimes. In his time at school Barry got into the chemistry club and honed his skills. Barry was accepted into college on a scholarship after Central City College saw his impressive chemistry skills.
One night, after having thought of an experiment he was doing in the lab, Barry snuck into the lab. The experiments were designed to see how certain liquids behaved when electrified, as such they had set up a right to capture lightning in event of a thunderstorm. It had not rained when Barry left and as such he saw no reason to be extra careful around the experiment. What Barry hadn’t counted on was a freak thunderstorm, one such thunderstorm formed above the college and a huge bolt of lightning shot through the rod and reacted with the liquids, the lightning bounced from liquid to liquid before finally hitting Barry.

When Barry returned to consciousness, he found his entire body vibrating and he felt a weird sensation within him, a need of sorts, it compelled him to run and so Barry did, and found to his surprise that he could move at super speed, easily overtaking people on the highway without them even seeing him as he zoomed past them.

Barry decided to keep these powers a secret for now, while honing them in his spare time. To his surprise, the speed force, a name he had given to the weird energy he could suddenly feel, gave him the knowledge he needed to create a polymer strong enough to let him run without worrying about his clothes tearing apart, from his Barry made a suit. It was only after he finished his education as a forensic investigator that Barry finally got the push he needed. With all the crime Barry saw through his work the young man decided that Central City needed a new hero, a hero like they had once had in Jay Garrick the first Flash, but Central City was ridden with crime once again and they needed a savior…. They needed… The Flash!

The first comic book I ever read was a Flash comic, I can’t remember what issue it was, but it was back in the mid-nineties. Since then I always had a soft spot for the hero in red. Of all the speedsters in the DC multiverse, Barry Allen is my favourite by far.

I bring to the RPG a great knowledge of DC comics, having collected Batman, JLA and Flash comics since 1999. I bring a passion for the source material and a love for the characters. I’d be more than happy to help others if they have trouble with some aspect of their character, and I’d love to help drive the plot forward.

Barry ran along the highway in his new suit, the material was as light as air and seemed to fit to him like a second piece of skin. The suit was red and covered most of Barry’s body save his mouth and eyes. The suit had lines of yellow running over it as well and in the center of his chest sat a single lightning bolt, highlighted by a yellow circle with a white background. Barry was just on a routine run, just honing skills, minding his own business. That was, until he heard a scream for help. Barry picked up speed yet again and ran towards the source of the scream, his sense of justice getting in the way of his sense of secrecy. Slowing down just a bit he arrived at the source of the scream.

A young woman was standing by the street crying “They took my daughter! They took my beautiful Emily!” Barry approached the woman and asked, in a kind and considerate yet stern voice “Tell me what they were driving in” The woman didn’t look up at him, she just kept crying, finally saying “A black van, no plates” He nodded and patted her head “I’ll get your daughter back man” Before she had time to look up at him Barry was already long gone. He ran like he had never run before, searching far and wide for the van until he finally saw it. The van was driving recklessly through the center of Central City, completely disregarding the rest of the drivers.

Barry sped up yet again and groaned “This better work!” He had on occasion by accident taken the momentum of other objects, he had stolen their speed. He had never managed to do it intentionally, but as his adoptive father Mr. Jenkins had said “Barry, there’s a first time for everything” Granted, he had talked about the first morning Barry had woken up with morning wood, but still, it made sense. Barry reached out for the speed force, commanding it to slow the van down, but what Barry hadn’t counted on was how fast the Van would slow down. The van almost came to an instant stop and Barry had to dig his heels into the raod to stop himself from speeding away. He ran back towards the van just as one of the kidnappers exited. Barry figured he was running at 20 miles an hour at the moment, and decided to teach the scum bag a lesson, he fisted his hand and slammed it into the man, throwing him away from the van.

Another man exited, but he was armed, it was just a 9 millimeter, but still, at this range it could kill Barry. That was… if it could hit him. Barry took off without warning and was by the kidnappers side before he could put his finger on the trigger. He smiled at him and said “Now, now, kidnapping young girls isn’t a great career choice” he looked at him, his eyes suddenly turning serious “At least not in my city” He hit the guy and looked to the little girl who was sitting on the seat, looking up at him with awe “Come here sweety, I’ll get you back to your mommy” He said, kneeling down, the girl ran into his arms and Barry moved out of the Van, by now the police had arrived. They were shocked to see the costumed young man exit the vehicle holding the little girl “Sorry officers, I’d love to give a statement, but I gotta get Emily here home to her mommy” he held on to the little girl and started running. He had found that the speed force could protect things and people he carried while running, a fact that surprised him quite a bit.

It wasn’t long before he was standing infront of the woman again, he let Emily down and she rushed to her mother’s arms. The woman looked up at Barry and smiled “Thank you, thank you so much… who… who are you?” Barry smiled and saluted her “I’m The Flash… spread the news… I’m here to stay”

Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

Wajin

Batman4560

Fetwick

Character you wish to portray: Doctor Destiny/John Dee

Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Villain

-Dream Manipulation

-Mechanical and Scientific Expertise

John Dee was a criminal scientist capable of creating technology far beyond those of the contemporary era; His next attempt at the business was pointed towards the manipulation of dreams. He managed to create a drug designed to alter reality through dreams, though all subjects had burned out while under its influence. He then realized that all that was necessary to counter this was blood-pressure medicine, and used his drug to torture subjects. Wanting things to be easier, he then decided the medicine was not the way to go; instead, he built a series of powerful machines designed to alter reality much like his drug had done; he called these machines Materioptikons; the strongest was a blood-red gemstone, also called Materioptikon.

While he was tremendously successful with his first machine, bringing his dream to torture volunteer soldiers with a world ruled by a fascist, brutal CADMUS. The real CADMUS barely managed to defeat the doubles and destroy the first Materioptikon; however, Destiny then proved able to recreate the stone whenever he wished through his dreams. After being cut out of the program, he fled before being hauled off to jail to continue his experiments.

Why this character?:
I think Doctor Destiny is a fantastic villain who adds a flair of horror the superhero genre. That and he isn't set as a nemesis for the trinity, so it gives one of the lesser heroes someone to square off against. But it also doesn't mean he's some C-rate villain ready to take a pounding. He'll scar the mind of any foe that dares enter his lair.

I think Doctor Destiny is a unique villain who can catch anyone off guard, even the Man of Steel or the Dark Knight. Being the boogeyman of the DC Universe no one is safe from their darkest fears in their own dreams.

Young Bruce Wayne stood over the fresh graves of his recently deceased parents. Raindrops began to fall from the heavens, as he dropped two roses over the sunken caskets. The undertakers then started to pile on the dirt, as Alfred placed a hand on the grieving young master's shoulder. As they started to walk away, Bruce heard a peculiar noise coming from his father's coffin. He paused and then heard it again. The sound was simply three knocks and nothing more. A saddened Bruce felt something he thought he had once lost; hope. He rushed to the six foot hole and jumped in without a second thought. The gray cloudy skies above turned pitch black as the undertakers continued to pile on the dirt. A distant sound of bats screeching could barely be heard in the background.

"Father?! Is that you?" Bruce shouted with glee.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"I'm getting you out okay?!" he called, using all his might to lift open the top half of the casket. Inside, he found a body lying neatly with his arms crossed in a nice black suit. What struck Bruce as odd though was his father's face was covered by a bloodied veil, obscuring his vision. He cautiously raised his hand to remove the cloth, revealing the hellish face that belonged to Doctor Destiny. Before Bruce could react, Doctor Destiny sprung up and wrapped his hands around the boy's neck.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE US BATMAN?!" Destiny screamed at a high pitch before it crescendoed to a screech as vampire bats flew out of his mouth and engulfed Bruce with darkness. And then there was nothing.

"That should give the Dark Knight something to think about for a few nights, while I prepare for the real nightmare Gotham's about to experience." Destiny cooed to himself sitting in his recliner.

Fetwick

Character you wish to portray: Aquaman/Orin

Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Hero

-Can breathe underwater
-Superhuman Strength, Durability, and Stamina
-Enhanced abilities underwater such as speed, sight, and reflexes
-Marine Telepathy

Orin was born an heir to the Atlantean Royal Family. His mother Atlanna had been unable to conceive a child with her husband King Trevis, but she was impregnated during a dream by the immortal wizard Atlan. Atlan prophesized the child's future and named him after his ancestor Orin, promising that he would sire another son because two brothers must always struggle for the fate of Atlantis. Aquaman is the telepathic ruler of Atlantis and the Earth's oceans, an Atlantean with incredible strength and speed as well as the ability to command all sea-life. His unique physiology allows him to survive on land and at the ocean's greatest depths of pressure and temperature.

Why this character?:
Aquaman was one of the original founding members of the Justice League. I also happen to think he's cooler than most assume.

I'd like to show that Aquaman isn't some sort of Super Friends pushover stereotype.

Batman4560

Fetwick

My mistake. I quoted the Dr. Destiny post for format reasons and missed that when I was doing the changes. I'll fix it right now!

Batman4560

And with that being fixed. I dare say that our first League member aside from me Playing as well...me. Is Aquaman!

Fetwick

Isn't the Flash already in the game as well. And is the league already established?

Batman4560

Flash is, but his player hasn't posted yet. I imagine you will get a post up as Aqua-man first. No the League is not yet set up.

Fetwick

Alright cool. Because I wanted to make Aqua-Man a threat before an ally. He'll be pissed about the pollution entering into Atlantis. I figure some heroes could stop his rampage and then make an agreement to work towards a better environment.

Batman4560

Pm the heroes you want involved and see if they are busy.

Fetwick

Sorry I didn't see that post in time. But after seeing the direction I want to take Orin, we should probably put him under walking the line rather than a hero. He'll change his mind on the war fairly quickly and Orm will actually pick it up later when he usurps the kingdom from Orin. Then it'll be classic Aquaman vs Ocean Master stuff.

Irishfire87

My character app for my Gotham Character.  In spoiler below.

.Character you wish to portray: Zatanna/Zatanna Zatara

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: She's a Hero, but a little unethical.

-Magician-  Zatanna is one of the strongest sorceresses in the known world.  Her methods of sorcery are as follows.

-Spoken Sorcery-  Most all of her magic is used by saying the command backwards but keeping the same word order.  So for a vague example Magic Spell would be Cigam lleps.

-Basic Sorcery-  For some of her most basic magic it is not required for her to speak to use it.

-Blood Sorcery-  In extreme cases Zatanna can use her own blood to write out a spell as she would speak it to cast magic.

Zatanna was born the daughter of Giovanni Zatara and Sindella.  Growing up with such parents it was only natural that she ended up taking to the stage.  She began as an illusionist and with her father as a mentor she was quite skilled at that.  One day after a show she learned that her father had disappeared.  This would set things in motion for her to try and find her father no matter the cost.

Whether it was the outburst of emotion during this time period or she was just at the age to learn, it was shortly after her father's disappearance that she started to be able to use her magic.  It did not take long for her to be able to cast powerful spells with relative ease.  She did however find out rather quickly that overusing her abilities in one day to a massive physical toll on her.  After much searching for her father she has been lead here, to Gotham City.  The only thing she knew for certain was that Gotham City had it's fair share of suspects.

Upon arrival into the city she had run into trouble as she had come across a bank robbery.  Of course, when you can just make their weapons vanish into thin air robbers aren't much of a threat now are they?  She managed to detain them long enough for the cops to arrest them.  After renting an apartment in Gotham City she has gotten settled in.  Now it was time to see what she could find out about her father's disappearance, god pity anyone who gets in her path.

.The burning question - Why this character?:  I have a much shallower reason for using this character than most and that is simply that she is a fun character to portray.  There is a lot of give to what I can do with her because of her current goal and her attitude that she will find her father consequences-be-damned.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: I have 6 years of RP experience and am currently an Admin on a beta site that is half forum rp and half D&D not to mention I've been Admin and creator of a few.  I too have a love for superheroes/superheroines and while I don't have as much DC knowledge as I do Marvel, I still have a lot of knowledge of the characters and any that I lack I am willing to learn about.  I am also very excited about this RP as I have never Rped in the setting of any Comic universe before.

Zatanna had just settled into her new apartment that she hoped she wouldn't need to rent for very long.  The last lead she had gotten had led her to this city and while it led her to this city it wasn't too helpful.  Think of all of the villains that were said to be in Gotham City.  She locks the door behind her as she exits the apartment.  As she makes her way to the street she hesitates for a second to take in her surroundings.

She then starts down the street.  The first thing she needed to do was just observe how people acted and listen to any clues.  Even a simple hangout place or talk about a seedy part of the city would be helpful.  As she walks she hears a commotion down one of the alleys.  She sticks towards the wall and then whispers Kaolc em

As soon as she finishes saying this the area around her seems to get darker as she blends in with the shadows on the edge of the building.  She slowly sneaks around the corner and into the alleyway.  What she sees is a deal gone bad.  Someone had failed to live up to their end of whatever the bargain had been.  A group of men are beating up a man who looks rather pathetic by now.

Zatanna just watches and doesn't get any information from this.  After a while the thugs seem through with him and leave him there on the brink of consciousness.  After they leave Zatanna steps out of the shadows and walks up to the man who is bleeding profusely on the ground.  Just as she is about to interrogate him he passes out.  Zatanna sighs in disappointment as she checks for a pulse and realizes that the man didn't pass out, the man died.

It would appear as though she would have to find another source of information around the city.  Not that it should be all that hard to do.

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

Batman4560

Normally I have no problem letting you play whoever you want, however we already have Zatanna. If she opens up I will let you pick her up.

Irishfire87

Sorry about that then.  I just hadn't seen her here...  Must be in another thread?  I guess I was confused.

Batman4560

It's all good. I am glad you are interested in other characters.

Fetwick

Maybe we should start advertising for Supes, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, and maybe another Lantern like Jordan or Stewart since it seems the GL we have now is a carry by their own rules type.

Irishfire87

If you wanted I could post an app for wonder woman but I didn't because I didn't overly want there to be a chance of having two characters that I control in the same plot topic.  At the same time she'd be fun to rp as.

Fetwick

I think someone of Diana's caliber could take Orin down. I was going to have Supergirl ultimately take him down with the assisted help of the other three, because individually(Aside from the Flash if he wanted to go all out.) I think Orin could take them, with Supergirl being inexperienced. If Wonder Woman Showed up she'd totally have the skills to impress Aquaman by defeating him. Plus it's a royalty fight!

Wajin

Quote from: Fetwick on September 06, 2013, 10:07:54 AM
I think someone of Diana's caliber could take Orin down. I was going to have Supergirl ultimately take him down with the assisted help of the other three, because individually(Aside from the Flash if he wanted to go all out.) I think Orin could take them, with Supergirl being inexperienced. If Wonder Woman Showed up she'd totally have the skills to impress Aquaman by defeating him. Plus it's a royalty fight!

Glad to see someone finally admitting that flash is awesome. Flash has been proven to be able to take down just about anyone <.< I mean... what are you gonna do when you get hit by a fist travelling towards you at 0.99999999 times the speed of light...

Batman4560

If anyone knows somebody that can play these characters feel free to invite them.

Fetwick

Flash is a tricky guy, he doesn't have super strength so on one hand he's very vulnerable, so it's all about timing. But then there's his ability to move atoms with his speed... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YYIRGhMp7s

Irishfire87

Would Aquaman necessarily have to be beaten to cause him to rethink things?  Plus I agree that the other heroes aren't getting enough credit, like the flash, green arrow or green lantern.

*points to all of the things that any of the green lanterns can do.*

Wajin

Quote from: Fetwick on September 06, 2013, 10:19:05 AM
Flash is a tricky guy, he doesn't have super strength so on one hand he's very vulnerable, so it's all about timing. But then there's his ability to move atoms with his speed... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YYIRGhMp7s

not to mention the fact that he can steal momentum and kinetic energy from people <.< that's quite handy too

Fetwick

I was thinking Aquaman sees them as weak and spoiled as they waste what resources they have. A worthy opponent would change his mind, plus it'd probably help the fact that there's always been a thing between Orin and Diana. He'd send Orm back to Atlantis while he learns more not knowing about the eventual rise of the Ocean Master usurping his throne.

Wajin

Quote from: Fetwick on September 06, 2013, 10:28:20 AM
I was thinking Aquaman sees them as weak and spoiled as they waste what resources they have. A worthy opponent would change his mind, plus it'd probably help the fact that there's always been a thing between Orin and Diana. He'd send Orm back to Atlantis while he learns more not knowing about the eventual rise of the Ocean Master usurping his throne.

and let's not forget, it's Flash who gives Aquaman his nickname :P at least it was originally

Fetwick

It can still apply here. For now, he is known as The King of Atlantis, Orin.

Irishfire87

It probably would be better with more heroes but shouldn't we try to work with what we have?

I do agree that we (the 4 fighting against the Atlanteans)  have to remember that it's not just aquaman we're fighting.  It's not 4 versus Aquaman.

Kara might surprise Orin with her reaction to the whole thing anyways since Supergirl hasn't decided what she thinks of humans yet.

Batman4560

Fetwick

Oh yeah, I was just mentioning ideas. I suspect it'll be those 4, but if someone else joins the RP in the caliber of Supes, MM, WW, or ect. Orin's going down fast.

Gannameade

Quote from: Fetwick on September 06, 2013, 10:19:05 AM

Exactly that is my son's favorite episode.