What will you never play again?

Started by Inkidu, August 25, 2009, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Paradox on July 13, 2010, 06:17:31 PM
Because there really aren't any girls on the internet?
I... haven't got a response for that.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Ah yes, the internet.

Where the Men are Men, The Women are Men, and The Children are FBI Agents.

o3o

Oniya

Best answer for A/S/L:  57/M/NYPD.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Leo

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 30, 2009, 07:14:52 PM
World of Warcraft.  Played it for three years, then got the Burning Crusade expansion, and in the end, I found I was playing for my friends rather than the game itself.  And then, I found out, I didn't have any friends, they just tolerated me.

So, no more WoW, and I find I don't miss it at all.
can I totally say the same, except that I bought the 3rd expansion as well, played it until I had a 10man raid-ready  Death Knight tank?

I was kicked by the guild I'd spent my past year doing favors for... over a 16 or 17 year old boy who pitched a fit because I'd told him he should not go for random AFKs while people are depending on him to do the healing, that it's not professional of him to do that.

*shrugs* 1 year full of things that made me feel my time is NOT wasted since I quit WoW and I'm still not missing the game one bit. I wish I'd never bought it in the first place... would probably save me from a 2,5 years relationship that I wish I could erase from my mind too!! :D
I'm not new. I just... lurk...

Braioch

Before I proceed into the few I will not touch, I proudly defend Final Fantasies 7 and 12, I greatly enjoyed the two of them...and I wish I still had 12 T.T

Anyways......

-Silent Hill: Homecoming- Story? Not too bad, I got a pretty cool ending, music and graphics were solid, but I"m sorry when in the hell did the Silent Hill series become so reliant on combat? Not only that, but a shitty combat system at that? Gamer rage game this was.

-Final Fantasy XIII- I don't want to talk about the amount of rage and hatred I have for this game, and the sheer disappointment as well.

-Elder Scrolls, Morrowind- -cringes- I know there are many a staunch defender of this game and I'm sorry but the load times just killed it for me. They were awful no matter what system I was playing it on.

-ANY fighting game- (especially Def Jam, Fight for New York -.-) and I'll be honest as to why, because I suck at them, always have and always will. (ooh, cept Smash Bros, those always win ;D)

-...Tetris....>.>......

-Final-Fantasy X-2- Yeah like that wasn't just a hastily created game for the fan boy faps? Which you know is cool as long as you don't make everything else sucks? Wait I have to wait double the time to cast magic that does the same damage as a physical attack? -.- Berserkers, that's really all you needed.

....yeah I think that's all for now o_0
-
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Leo

Quote from: Braioch on July 15, 2010, 05:53:12 PM
-...Tetris....>.>......

Dude tetris is the best time killer ever. :P

MsCuddly

World of Warcraft, waste of both time and money for me.

KatieSparks

I'll never play Damnation again. That game was really bad. Really bad. Like, Superman 64 bad.

I'll never play Viva Pinata again, either. It was a lot of fun, but then eventually it got harder and my pinatas kept getting eaten... I couldn't deal with the heartbreak.

Leo

I think I will never play Chrono Trigger again...

It's so awesome and makes me wish we could have gotten a remake with today's graphics so much, it hurts every time I beat the game...

I guess same goes for Vagrant Story as well...  :'(

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Leo on July 20, 2010, 10:55:10 AM

It's so awesome and makes me wish we could have gotten a remake with today's graphics so much, it hurts every time I beat the game...

Ummm....

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/142/14263600/

Chrono Trigger was released on the Nintendo DS.  I don't know if that is the "today's graphics" you are talking about.  It was also released on the PS1 with Anime like cutscenes...
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Nyarly

Quote from: Leo on July 20, 2010, 10:55:10 AM

I guess same goes for Vagrant Story as well...  :'(
You can only enjoy games when they have modern graphics?

This is... Well... I better don't comment on that...

Heaven Sent Blossom

I don't know, there's something to be said for the idea of some of the old classic RPGs getting an overhaul into, for example, the graphical style of Lost Odyssey.
Of course I suppose they could just make more original games like Lost Odyssey, I could totally cope with that.

In related news I finally got around to playing my copy of Infamous today (bought it like two months ago but my PS3 is a neglected beast mostly) only to discover that it's in French. Yeah--I can't really see myself paying out for a second copy of Infamous and I also can't see myself playing through something in French, which means I guess I'm never going to be playing Infamous again barring some vague miracle.
Sad times indeed.

Oniya

You might want to poke around on the gaming 'help' sits (like IGN, GameFAQs, and the like).  Sometimes the 'script' for a game (dialog and whatnot) gets put up, which could be a workaround for the French aspect.  Or make judicious use of the 'Pause' button and Babelfish.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Leo

Quote from: Nyarly on July 20, 2010, 11:32:33 AM
You can only enjoy games when they have modern graphics?

This is... Well... I better don't comment on that...

Perhaps you should re-read my post and make a better judgment. I love that game so much I beat it like 50-60 times and can still play it without getting bored.

The story would be depicted so much better with the graphics we see in games like Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid, Dragon Age etc. plus the voice acting and the developers would be able to cook up some really cool cutscenes.

I hope that explains everything to you?

Leo

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on July 20, 2010, 11:25:55 AM
Ummm....

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/142/14263600/

Chrono Trigger was released on the Nintendo DS.  I don't know if that is the "today's graphics" you are talking about.  It was also released on the PS1 with Anime like cutscenes...

I know about these but what I'm dreaming of is something... well... I can only dream of. :D

Nyarly

Quote from: Leo on July 20, 2010, 12:11:47 PM
Perhaps you should re-read my post and make a better judgment. I love that game so much I beat it like 50-60 times and can still play it without getting bored.

The story would be depicted so much better with the graphics we see in games like Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid, Dragon Age etc. plus the voice acting and the developers would be able to cook up some really cool cutscenes.

I hope that explains everything to you?
No.

Or better said, I think I understand what you are getting at. And it's just what I expected. It seems you think that a modern remake of Chrono Trigger would be better than the original.

And I have to disagree.

Leo

Well, everyone has the freedom of expression. I just wanted to make sure I'm not misunderstood ;)

Wolfy

Battlefield Bad Company 2.

I've given the game two chances, and both times, EA's supposedly "Dedicated" servers have been down or unable to be connected to several times daily. Honestly, I don't see why people still play it. >_>

Leo

Quote from: Wolfy on July 20, 2010, 12:28:52 PM
Battlefield Bad Company 2.

I've given the game two chances, and both times, EA's supposedly "Dedicated" servers have been down or unable to be connected to several times daily. Honestly, I don't see why people still play it. >_>

Yeah, most of my favorite servers are down regularly. But there are so many servers, mostly good ones without the pointless restrictions too. I always find a good server in 20-30 seconds after logging in. Maybe you had some bad luck with ISP?

Inkidu

I'd like to see remakes of Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX for a modern system. Square-Enix should stick with what they're good at... If you're going to use fans to buy all your games then you might as well have nostalgia working for you too.

Lets see... I'm never going to play Harvest Moon again... if only for my health... *twitch... farm twitch* (It's probably not going to stick.)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Leo on July 20, 2010, 12:37:54 PM
Yeah, most of my favorite servers are down regularly. But there are so many servers, mostly good ones without the pointless restrictions too. I always find a good server in 20-30 seconds after logging in. Maybe you had some bad luck with ISP?

Well, I'm talking about the Console version.

Leo

Quote from: Wolfy on July 20, 2010, 01:13:47 PM
Well, I'm talking about the Console version.

Ah, I wouldn't know about that. You'd think console versions would be better. ha.

Wolfy

Nope...you have to connect to EA online, and half the time I tried to connect, it was either down, or I just couldn't connect to it..so I said **** it and gave up. >_>

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on July 20, 2010, 02:20:54 PM
Nope...you have to connect to EA online, and half the time I tried to connect, it was either down, or I just couldn't connect to it..so I said **** it and gave up. >_>
Maybe it's my personal bias but the more I look the less I like online multiplayer.

Leo

Quote from: Inkidu on July 20, 2010, 02:24:46 PM
Maybe it's my personal bias but the more I look the less I like online multiplayer.

Well, online multiplayer is like a forum without the customs Elliquiy has. Anyone could walk in there, be a great team mate/rival or a pain in the ***. The other day I was playing BC2. Got my M95, moved to my usual sniping position in the map at the time and started covering a flag my team was trying to capture.

Then I got killed by a shotgun using enemy team member at point blank range, he suddenly appeared in front of my scope and it was too late to react by then. Then I kept getting killed in our own base, which was the only spawn location we had left as all three flags were taken by the enemy team, while they also prevented us from capturing any by slaughtering us as soon as we respawned in the base.

This is a game killing experience, makes you just want to quit the server because there is no point to fighting back. As you respawn, by the time you take aim, a sniper bullet is already on its way to your head or a rocket is somewhere around you. If those two fail, there is a tank at the only base exit spamming its main gun on us.

So, while it is possible to get an entire team of douchebags against you by random chance, there is a lot of fun to be had as well. So there's nothing wrong with online multiplayer, but there are a lot of problem personalities out there who play the same game as you.  ;)