Batman Arkham City (Spoiler any Storyline secrets Please!)

Started by Callie Del Noire, October 20, 2011, 12:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

I'm playing though Arkham City and I got to say.. Rocksteady knows how to make a comic book game! Yowsers!

I accidentally finished it faster than I liked.. (cause I was trying to find all the catwoman story points and a friend told me you got unlocks for her at certain points in the main story line), so yeah.. I'm going through to redo some of the other stuff.

Villains.. TONS of them. Everything from the original Joker... all the way to the less than thrilling new kids on the block (Bane..meh.. good idea.. piss poor follow through in my opinion)

Creepiest thing... in the credits.

Batman: Arkham City - Joker singing "Only You" (End Credits)

Sabby

I really, really liked Azreal... just some mysterious figure on a rooftop watching me, I go to asked wth, and he just gives a cryptic warning and disappears. His costume was awesome, his voice was awesome, everything about him was great.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Until I finished his quest and unlocked his profile and found out he was just a crazy postman or something that a bunch of doomsday monks decided was perfect for their ancient armor and soul sword.

And as for Joker...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
He's not dead. I will not believe it. Sorry. Crying wolf and all that. Comic characters never stay dead. The Titan would have changed him or being so close to the Lazarus pit with the Titan in his blood could have done something, but he definitely isn't dead.

Sabby

Callie Del Noire

Inkidu

Too be fair Bane got his big show in Arkham Asylum. A lot of the main villains in that one didn't really step back up (sans the Joker of course).

Great game, I'm currently working through NG+. I've done all the riddles and physical challenges. I just hate having to do some of those AR trainings over again. Haven't really tried out some of the campaigns, but they look interesting with the options for augs.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Chris Brady

Actually, Sabby, that's the second Azrael, Michael Lane.  He's an ex-Cop and ex-Army soldier who got recruited in a religious order called The Order of Purity.  His suit is called The Armour of Sorrows, which has has driven each and every wearer insane.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby

Quote from: Chris Brady on November 02, 2011, 05:52:24 AM
His suit is called The Armour of Sorrows, which has has driven each and every wearer insane.

Batman. It's science!

At least they try and justify the existence of things like The Lazarus Pit by saying it's a rare plant that extends life, and Bane is Spanish Hulk because of experimental steroids, and Freeze's genetic make up was altered by cryogenic chemicals. But when it gets to Azrael, its LOL! Religious armor and soul eating sword will kill you if your impure! SCIENCE!

Chris Brady

Not...  Entirely magic.  For example the Armour of Sorrows doesn't seem to have any actual 'magic' in it, other than the fact that it seems to bring a change in wearer's demeanor.  Also, his twin swords are alchemical in nature, and not fully understood, but definitely not 'magic' in the Zatanna sense of the word.

In fact, one could say that the reason the armour is named such is because ALL Azraels who've worn it have met a bad end, not that it has any inherent power to do so.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby

So, no one knows, draw a blank, that settles it. Something tells me this Order of Purity subscribes to the Creationist way of thinking.

SinXAzgard21

Cryptographic Sequencer as a station that repeats the numbers 9 23 9 12 12 18 5 20 21 18 14 2 1 20 13 1 14, which are a numeric alphabet which reads I  WILL RETURN BATMAN.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Callie Del Noire

I just found the spot behind the theater where his folks wre killed. Potent moment.

NotoriusBEN

As much as Batman being grounded in bleeding edge near future real world, he *is* in the DC universe with an American Alien in blue tights and quite a few magic users like John Zatara and Nabu, the Lord of Order. Its not brought to the fore often save in the Justice League era.

With all the stories that writers have made and want to have canonnized as true legacies, its a bitch to figure out where the actual heroes had the time to perform said activities. Shoot, with how many people Joker's killed, I got to think that Gotham deserves the slimball for having one of the most lax security/parole systems in the world. Any sane citizen would have put a bullet in joker's head 'Lee Harvey Oswald' Style (Kennedy or his own death, take your pick).

wow... what a tangent.

Chris Brady

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on November 07, 2011, 01:02:08 AM
As much as Batman being grounded in bleeding edge near future real world, he *is* in the DC universe with an American Alien in blue tights and quite a few magic users like John Zatara and Nabu, the Lord of Order. Its not brought to the fore often save in the Justice League era.
Don't forget Solomon Grundy, an undead monster that's immortal via lightning and some funky 19th century chemicals in a swamp.

Sabby

My point was that funky swamp gas being struck by lightning is at least an attempt to science it up. An extremely thin attempt that ultimately ends with "look, we don't know how it happened, okay? We haven't researched every swamp in the world yet" Azrael just stuck out to me for the lack of an attempted explanation. It was purely magical in description.

And I've seen Batman punch an Alien (the Gieger kind) that was the size of a school bus and born from a fricken alligator xD and I want this to be in Arkham 3.

SinXAzgard21

I just read wiki and I was looking at the origins of Grundy... I thought the one that made the least sense was he died in a swap that had traces of a Lazarus Pit, considering the Pit keeps you alive.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Callie Del Noire

One of my favorite bits of music from the game..and it's NOT on the soundtracks.

Batman Arkham City: Pay Your Respects

Seventh

Arkham City is a fantastic game. Honestly, the best game I've played this year so far. Of course I'm currently missing a few of the contenders; the much-raved-about Skyrim and Uncharted 3.

But Rocksteady have definitely impressed me with their ability to take an excellent game and produce an even better, bigger game without sacrificing anything at all. Combat has improved, the environment has improved, the scope and uses of gadgets has improved, even the Riddler challenges have improved. Boss fights improved, though that was already a weak spot in the original so I was expecting improvement here. Generally, I just felt even more that I was Batman than the last game, which makes it a roaring success in my book!

I look forward to the next one! Will there be more Joker? Joker Jr.? All that matters is that I take down my true nemesis once more... all of those blasted Riddler trophies! D:<