The Kingdom Of Alaywin - fantasy in an icy setting

Started by RedEve, December 25, 2013, 03:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oberon

Quote from: Chrystal on January 05, 2014, 06:37:30 AM
He should probably get that cut looked at before it goes septic....

No worries, it's been expertly cauterised. Off course he could have it magically removed, but he's found it handy as it scares the dogs and the natives ;-)
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
It is the source of all true art and science.
A. Einstein

Ebb

And since Oberon was nice enough to let me use the picture he'd found first, let me just say... DIBS.

MagicalPen

Quote from: Oberon on January 05, 2014, 06:48:54 AM
No worries, it's been expertly cauterised. Off course he could have it magically removed, but he's found it handy as it scares the dogs and the natives ;-)

And makes little children cry.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

RedEve

I have started the CS thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=193737.0

Those of you with approved characters can move their CS in there.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Renegade Vile

Greetings everyone.

I am quite interested in this game, but I was wondering if there were still slots available? I've tried to catch up on the discussions, but after a while, it's getting lost in character ideas, so I hope I have the setting down. Perhaps when the game starts all of the answers you've given people's questions can be compiled into an extended setting description?

Regardless, I'm toying with a character idea for Alaywin, but I'll only elaborate if there is still room for me.

Thank you in advance.
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

RedEve

I am still accepting characters.

A more general announcement, I am still waiting for one more revised CS, after which we are more or less ready to start.
My hope is to start the game itself this weekend, but I cannot promise anything since my current schedule looks rather busy for the next three days.

Renegade Vile

Excellent news. I was thinking of making some form of veteran in the Alaywin military. Perhaps a high ranking officer? Inspiration came in the form of this work of art. I don't know how far up the ladder a player character is allowed to be, but my main character concept is of an able, but tired warrior who has always been more skilled with the mind than the blade, to his peer's dismay. An excellent tactician and strategist, he has proven himself countless times before, perhaps many times against the vikings making it harder for him to work with them (though not impossible, he'll be pragmatic about it). It's a rough idea, but before I proceed with it in greater detail, I need to know where the limits are.

Chrystal

Just don't let him get near any windows.....

*giggles*

Sorry Renegade, but I couldn't resist that.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Renegade Vile

Quite alright lady Chrystal, I would have done the exact same thing if I were in your shoes.
*sneakily writes her name on his character's black list and smiles innocently*

Chrystal

Quote from: Renegade Vile on January 09, 2014, 06:38:34 AM
Quite alright lady Chrystal, I would have done the exact same thing if I were in your shoes.
*sneakily writes her name on his character's black list and smiles innocently*

It's a funny thing, but there are some guys who I take an instinctive dislike to when I see them.

You are not one of them.

There are guys who I get to know slowly in various social forums on this site, or whom I encounter in group games, and I grow to like.

You, my friend, fit neatly into that category.

I only tease people I like!

There are a few guys on this website that I will actually do heterosexual roleplay scenes with. They are few and far between. You aren't quite there yet, but you might just end up in that select group, if you want to.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Renegade Vile

Collapsed for Brevity
Quote from: Chrystal on January 09, 2014, 06:55:45 AM
It's a funny thing, but there are some guys who I take an instinctive dislike to when I see them.

You are not one of them.

There are guys who I get to know slowly in various social forums on this site, or whom I encounter in group games, and I grow to like.

You, my friend, fit neatly into that category.

I only tease people I like!

There are a few guys on this website that I will actually do heterosexual roleplay scenes with. They are few and far between. You aren't quite there yet, but you might just end up in that select group, if you want to.

I was going to respond here, but as I started typing I realized it might not be a good idea to populate this group interest check with unrelated conversation topics *smiles*. Expect a PM soon.

Crimson Caine

If we do start this weekend I may not get to post until the weekday as I'm going to be gone most of the weekend should we get that last CS in. 
The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread
CC's Disappearing Routine (A/A)

Chrystal

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Chrystal

Sorry, that's my warped sense of humour.

Your character is "Ragnar 'Rags' Agnorak". that is going to get typod at some point to Anorak, I almost guarantee it.

Well, an "Anorak" is an Eskimo word for a waterproof coat.

But it's also a derogatory term in the UK for someone who is a "pre-computer-generation" geek. Usually because the pastime of such early geeks was to stand on railway platforms writing down the numbers of locomotives and carriages. They always wore warm waterproof coats, and hence acquired the nickname. 

But as I said, it's just my weird sense of humour! Please feel free to ignore it.

MagicalPen

Ah...yeah, completely over my head on that one.

Its a name I've used for various characters for a long time (of the viking persuasion).

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

RedEve

Kimera

Stumbled on this and looks like a very intersting setting. Any chance there is still room to join

RedEve

I am working on the opening post of the IC thread and hope to finish it tonight. If not tonight, then certainly tomorrow night.

In the mean time, here is the OOC thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=194387.0

CompassRose

Just along for the ride...

ArtemisHighmore

Chrystal

Quote from: CompassRose on January 16, 2014, 09:43:33 PM
Count me in as interested!

High CompassRose and congratulations on being approved. I'm tempted to say with you along we won't get lost, but that would be far too corny, so I won't...

If you need any help, just ask. It's always nice to see a newcomer to E jump straight in. By the way I read your "Gremlins" story. It's great. I look forward t writing with you in some capacity... *grins*

ArtemisHighmore

Ironwolf85

gives out milk to go with cookies
Just a question, has anyone else played "Age of Winter" for Civ 4, this setting (not the backstory mind you, the state of the world) reminds me a lot of it. Upon further reading I'm concepting a character with some of the unique characters from that setting as insperation.

Some little Bits from your insperation:
Amurites: Marching under a crimson banner of a black sun, the grim and magic laden Amurites were picked from amongst the ruined survivors of the previous age, who had devolved into cave men. They are lead by a wizard from the age of magic Kylorin, who has become their cultural father and wiseman. over the course of the game you play Kylorin as he leads them from slub wielding savages, to building a socity, the only socity to live on the frozen surface. They wield magical abilities akin to fire and have a disctinct "uplifted savage" theme to them. for obvious reasons. I found these struggling survivors turning into a nation, fighting off ogres, ice-goblins, and an angry god of winter to do so.

Mokka: a type of goblin known as a "frostling" frostlings are mischevious as one would expect, but fear fire. Mokka was the only one to discover magic, armed with shamanic mask, staff, and voodoo dolls I'm not going to forget the multi-paragraph scout report of him grinning like a child as he bent an Amurite crossbowmen in half using his doll, then snapped the other one's neck. Then goes off wispering about looking for "new toys to play with" He had a distinctly gollum feel to him.

Lulluth: the last surviving werewolf Lul was abandoned by her mother in the wilderness. She attacked amurite patrols as they moved north, killing and devouring them as they made camp in a mountian pass.

Some of the heroes have given me insperation for my own character.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.