Steampunk Fantasy Updated

Started by The Emperor Zelos, February 10, 2010, 01:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Emperor Zelos

Adding fantasy to steampunk is kind of unneccisery eh?

To the subject in question.

Due to this being a bit unknown to most I shall explain what steampunk is and give a light introduction to my world

Steampunk:
Steampunk is a fantasy science fiction setting that takes place in a world most typicly in victorian era but may go as far into the "future" as to the first world war. Steampunk can often be mixed with magic and more but what makes it more unique is that the tech of the era in question (victorian to WW1) is capable to perform things modern or future machines can (sometimes even what they cant do). Example is walking machines, gear machines with artificial intelligence and more. The tech of the future done with the tech of the past.

The World:
The setting is on a world in a binary planetary system

Plagiarius

• Continents float in the air
  • Most detailed
  • Inhabitated by multiple sapient species
  • Most worked on species: Umbra
  • Magical Poles
Earth Culture Reference List:

• Norse
  • Victorian
  • Roman
  • Egyptian

Species/Culture:

• Umbra
  • Formican

Umbrean Confederacy:
Goverment
The goverment is a technocracy/Meritocracy where a person must have specific knowledge or qualifications to even be considered into the main goverment which is composed of 7 members that togather rules it all. Individual parts are goverened by local parts and is selected by those who already have qualifications though if they missuse the power there are means which the population can get them off the power.

Culture
Their culture is very open to other species and people, supporters of freedom of all kinds and attempts being non-judgemental but as all societies this cannot be held true for every single individual.

Biology

Umbras are carnivores, got shark like teeth, tail that may differ in appearence, pupilless eyes where the eyes takes 1 colour all over, 1 main fur colour and a secondary "marking" colour which gives some pattern on the body. Hands and feet have claws

Formican Empire:
Goverment
The formican goverment is the emperor is at the top and with unquestionable power. and below it is a council that control things unless it goes against the emperors wishes. Both are composed of the formican Caste "Leaders"
Culture
Biology
Formican species are made from 6 real physicly different biological castes
Leader
As the name suggests are the leaders of the society, very smart, highly enlarged brain that extends along their back, though very weak. Very tall topping around 2 meters +
Mages
Considerbly tall, slightly taller than avarage human being, have magic crystal growing at their neck, as name suggests they are good with magic
Sensor
Very short, roughly 1 meter, hightened senses and memory to be able to sense the world in ways the other castes cant
Worker
Roughly human size, strong with avarage intelligence, working force of the empire
Warrior
These are increadibly strong, immense regeneration capabilities, four arms (unlike the others which only have 2) but lack brain power and initiative capabilitiy, always do exacly as told by their assigned leader no matter whom it is

Miantis

• Solid surface
  • One giant continent
  • Large desert
Earth Culture Reference List:

• Western
  • Egyptian

More info to come, questions just ask

The Emperor Zelos

Have updated it considerbly, thought it might be interesting to see again then =/ correct me if its wrong

Watari

Do you have any plots that go with this world? I <3 Steampunk! So, I'd love to give anything that you might have in mind a try. PM me?