Labyrinth:The Race to Survive (Un-Con, Exotic)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, January 29, 2009, 01:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Labyrinth

Movie Plot:Sarah accidentally wishes her baby half-brother, Toby, away to the Goblin King Jareth who will keep Toby if Sarah does not complete his Labyrinth in 13 hours.

Game Idea: I was watching this vid on Labyrinth and since I have always been a great fan of that movie, it gave me a great idea.  I wanted to make a game about a 18 year old human girl named Sarah(yes I know it's unoriginal to use the same name) who was blessed with the love of the goblin king; who watches over her and protects her, her whole life.  This is of course unknown to her, who lives with her Aunt and uncle in a small town in wales.  One day while drawing on the rocks near the sea she falls into the water and drowns.  The goblin king unable to see her die gives her an alternative to death, he proposes that she enter his labyrinth and make her way to his castle in the middle.  If she makes it she will become his queen and wife, ruling along side him.  But if she loses she will die.  Accepting his proposition she is thrust into a surreal fantasy world where nothing is what it seems, and there is danger at every turn.

I would like for there to be a lot of characters, as there will be many possible spots open. 

Characters:  Other than Sarah and the King, there are a lot of other characters that are open to be taken.  Okay I'm sure a lot of people have seen labyrinth, and know that in the movie the goblins are puppet like beings.  But in this game, I want the goblins to be humanoid in nature, and to be quite attractive and powerful.  They can have any power they like, but they cannot be too overwhelmingly powerful, some flaws are nice thank you.  This game is meant to have a lot of intrigue, political, and fantasy context. 

There will be those who do not want her as their queen and will go to all lengths to stop her from reaching the castle.  And there will be a faction of individuals who are loyal to the king and will be her ally, or even those who do not want her to be their queen can in time come to like and support her.  As you see this wont be just a regular, girl in a labyrinth story.  So I hope to generate a lot of interest in this game.

Needed:  This game will need a GM, because well I'm not really good at it (unfortunatly) or I would do it.

List of Characters:  There could be more or less characters than the slots provided.

Sarah:Undisclosedtoyou
Goblin king: Jareth:Daylily
Goblin guard for Sarah:Cloie:Strangelildedgrl
Goblin:Tiernan, Lord of the Drowned:Eden
Goblin:Mhanythian:wolfsinger

Labyrinth:The Race to Survive (character bio)

Labyrinth:The Race to Survive (OOC)

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Muse

You didn't put a tag on this, m'lady.  Are you wanting any sexual content in it at all? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

undisclosedtoyou

wow can't believe that I did that.  Thank you Sir Muse for pointing this out to me.  I do want sexual content in this story.  It would be Un-Con Exotic.  I'll put the tag on now.

*smiles*
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

thewhiterabbit

Are you open to any other non-goblin (non-human) characters? I would be willing to join if so.

thewhiterabbit

undisclosedtoyou

hmmm would depend on what kind of character it was really.  What did you have in mind?  and yups once you get approved
*smiles*
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

thewhiterabbit

Remember the fairy that bit Sarah? I'd love to be one of those, preferably one that might be able to change her given size to a more human one from time to time (for obvious reasons) though I would likely favor the natural fairy size in general RP.

Nadir

I'd like to play, but instead of a goblin or Jareth himself, I'd like to play something like Jareth but with lesser power.

When I use to write fanfic, I devised this thing - Jareth is a magical being who is ethereally beautiful and can turn into an owl. It made sense that he was the child of Bloduwedd, (this is an actual Welsh myth) a woman constructed from flowers and given to a human to be his wife... she contrived to kill him and was turned into an owl. So, I was thinking to make a servant/guard who also has the shapeshifter abilities, or maybe full blooded fey who look down on Jareth for having this 'weaker' blood.

I also had gold golems, like the ones seen serving in the ballroom scene.

What do you think?   

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: thewhiterabbit on February 19, 2009, 07:25:32 PM
Remember the fairy that bit Sarah? I'd love to be one of those, preferably one that might be able to change her given size to a more human one from time to time (for obvious reasons) though I would likely favor the natural fairy size in general RP.

if you wish to play that character than your wish is granted.

*smiles*

Quote from: Eden on February 19, 2009, 07:54:58 PM
I'd like to play, but instead of a goblin or Jareth himself, I'd like to play something like Jareth but with lesser power.

When I use to write fanfic, I devised this thing - Jareth is a magical being who is ethereally beautiful and can turn into an owl. It made sense that he was the child of Bloduwedd, (this is an actual Welsh myth) a woman constructed from flowers and given to a human to be his wife... she contrived to kill him and was turned into an owl. So, I was thinking to make a servant/guard who also has the shapeshifter abilities, or maybe full blooded fey who look down on Jareth for having this 'weaker' blood.

I also had gold golems, like the ones seen serving in the ballroom scene.

What do you think?   

I like the archetype of the character you have, but the overal description of jareth would have to be decided by the one who plays jareth, but it could be worked out. 

and the gold golems are perfect.  so yeshhhhh

I'm happy to have you both in this game
*giggles and curtsies*
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

thewhiterabbit

undisclosedtoyou

sooo yay I thought no one was ever going to get interested in this gameeee

*sniffle*

but I'm happy now that ppl. want to play.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

thewhiterabbit

And I'm even approved now. ^^

You're talking to someone who memorized the movie. I have some original promo pieces in my closet somewhere. Yeah, I'm a fan....

(Though I -do- have a deep seated hatred for Sarah.)

undisclosedtoyou

oooohhhh Congratulations on being approved!!!!

lol wow, yesh I can see how big a fan you are of Labyrinth..although I don't think anyone could blame you, it's friggen awesome!

(and yeshhhh I do to... I HATED her...who wouldn't go with Jareth?  And who would be as stupid as she was during most of the scenes she was in....erg)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Nadir

Did you guys notice she said the wrong lines at the end?

undisclosedtoyou

*gasp*  I did not notice!

wow another reason to watch the movie again...although I don't really need a reason lol.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Muse

I would like to participate in this story. 

As a playes, say, an adversary trying to come between Sarah and Jareth, would it be a matter of constant participation so much as timed? 

If I were actualy to step up and volunteer to GM, what would my dutties be in that regaurds? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

undisclosedtoyou

I like the character idea you have for yourself, and hmmmm I never really thought about that, can you elaborate on what you mean by either, constant or timed?

andd hmmm The GM would have to make sure the story progresses and throw in some things once in a while to create certain situations like hmmm it could be something bad, like for an example someone comes in and tries to kill a character, or it could be good.  I don't think it would be anything too hard, it would be up to the persons preferences and things.  I'm just not very good at being a GM or I would do it.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

thewhiterabbit

Username: thewhiterabbit

Name: Lilith

Relationship to Sarah & Jareth: Neutral, deliberately unhelpful, even dangerously so

Age Equivalent: 23

Bio: Raised among the stone walls of the Labyrinth, fairies have long kept their own consul. Lilith was taken in by the community at large after an unknown creature, thought by some to be Hoggle, killed her parents. It had been their anniversary and they had simply left to enjoy their own company. In the end the only evidence found was their bodies, laying on the ground bent and broken. It was said her mothers wings had been twitching uncontrollably, speared through her lungs- leaving her to stare at her dead love, breathing her own blood until she was found. There was nothing that could be done for them.

Lilith was only 2 then. Since that day she has prospered under their care. She spends most of her time in peace, going where she will unmolested. She knows the labyrinth better than many and knows how to avoid those pitfalls that others might find. For her parents lives she harbors a grudge against all things not of her own species. She takes a special sort of pride in harming others whenever she can. It is a mark of honor to her- vengeance for the innocent blood they, the outsiders, spill.

Alignment: Lawful Evil

<_< Eh, that's the best I've got right now.

Nadir

undisclosedtoyou

oooh very nice character.

*smile*

Quote from: Eden on February 24, 2009, 11:01:00 AM
Oh - question, why does Sarah have a guard?

ooh and it's not really a guard, just a name for a companion in the Labyrinth, I just wrote in guard at the moment.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Nadir

Ahh, like Hoggle? That could be fun! *ponders* Maybe a water spirit...

*tinkers*

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Nadir

What should we mention in the way of profile? I know the generic stuff - name, appearance, history - but anything in particular? Could you make one for Sarah so I can have an idea on how to construct mine?

undisclosedtoyou

Okies, I just got this character sheet, that would work wonders for this game....I'll need to fill it out, and than create a character bio thread for this game.

Here's the character bio thread

Labyrinth:The Race to Survive (character bio)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's