Science-Fantasy McGuffin Hunt - Actively recruiting

Started by Chrystal, July 29, 2016, 10:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

I've never really liked the Catholic view. They believe aliens probably exist but the incarnation was a unique event to earth, meaning aliens either had their own, separate, act of atonement or dint have a chance at salvation.  I don't see why God would have created aliens only to deny them a chance at salvation. But men, this is literally the first time the Catholic position on aliens has affected my life so I tend not to worry about it too much.

Chrystal

The OOC Thread is now officially open for business. Link is in the OP of this thread.

There are a couple of "reserved posts" at the beginning of the thread that I may or may not decide to use in the future. Links to all other threads will probably appear in one of them once the other threads are open... Right now I can't think of anything else that needs to go at the start of the OOC thread, but if I do I will put it there. If anyone else has anything they think needs to go in a reserved post, please let me know?

The ship's details will go in the Technology thread. I may or may not add a deck plan, depending...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Dashenka

Just a very early heads up..

I'll start a training course for the next three months on tuesday, wednesday and thursday, so I might post (even) less than I normally do..

And the weekend of the 11th I'll be in the North, watching my girlfriend to the Great North Run. Now I have been told it's a rather civilized city with internet and all that, but just in case they won't... Don't be alarmed

*looks at Kythia and ducks*
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Chrystal

Thanks for letting us know... assumimng I approve your character... *snigger*

Oh in other news, the IC thread is UP!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=255192.0

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Dashenka

You will... once I editededited her.. which I will soon

Dashenka

Name: Rory Styles

Player ID: Dashenka

Position: Engineer

Height: 5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
Weight: 54 kg or 119 pounds
Hair Colour: See Picture
Eye Colour: See Picture
Build: See Picture

Modifications: None
Distinguishing marks: Small nosering and Dreads and her glasses

More Images

Sexuality: Bisexual

Skills: Can handle stress, technical background and degree, very smart and intelligent and has full understanding of the ship.
Weaknesses: Getting up in the morning, Very limited fighting skills, Naive, A little world weary, Very bad eyesight without her glasses.

Dislikes: Butch girls, cats, simpletons

Personality: Rory is a bright, intelligent person. She is well liked and open to anybody although her people skills are not as good as she might want. She usually talks first and then thinks and even if she doesn't say something, you can usually see how she feels about things by her body language.

Because she never had any friends at young age to play with, like normal kids would, she can be seen as a little socially awkward. She is not shy, just clumsy with words.

Her house, even at this age, is full of posters and scale models of all kinds of space ships and blueprints of her own created fantasy ships.

Despite all the geekness, Rory loves to help her parents with what she calls 'menial tasks' like groceries or the organising of garden parties. When the parties began though and all the prying eyes looked at her and people asked her about her nose ring and dreads, she fled back to her room.

Even in the air force, she had been a bit of a loner to outsiders but to the people she knew and liked, she had learned to open up, especially after the big attacks. She just needed people to talk to and her parents were too thankful she was still alive to talk about it.

History: When Rory was three, the aliens were first discovered and ten years later, when the human race finally broke the light barrier, Rory was already properly excited about space travel. Not the fighting and colonising part, but the exploring and most of all, the technique behind the space ships. She was making drawings of spaceships and designed them in her spare time when she grew older. At school Rory only really excelled in the 'nerdy' subjects like chemistry and physics and even in her spare time, at the cost of social stuff, Rory continued to think and design her own little amateur space ships. When she turned 18, she applied for the military, not as a fighter role but as an engineer and she soon saw her dream come true when she was accepted into the air force and she finally saw a space ship up close.

Her creativity and hands on approach to problems didn't go unnoticed and she continued to impress her superiours.

Eventually she was ready with her training and as something of a final test was told to accompany a new piece of equipment she helped design on a mission.

She was excited about finally going to leave earth and with her parents and all of her two friends watching live, the ship nearly burned up in the atmosphere. There had been a critical malfuction of some of the aging ship's system and with Rory's quick thinking and a skilled crew and captain, the ship crash landed relatively safe into the ocean, with only minor injuries to the crew.
The captain of the vessel praised her knowledge and understanding of the systems and asked mission command if he could get her again on the next mission. He also let her know that he had put her, along with the rest of the crew, up for a decoration.

This mission would never come.

The night of the attacks, Rory was on base. She had just finished her shift and was on her way to the bunks. Initially her reaction was to run and hide but if these were aliens, they would probably find her and if they were hostile, God knows what they would do to her. If they came firing at earth, they weren't very friendly anyway. Quickly she made her way to the armory where she was given a gun. Luckily for her and the people around her, she never had to fire it.

The base was lost, it was a primary target and was soon evacuated. Casualties were plentiful and Rory's luck was that she had been in the technology lab and not in the bunks or armory. Most of the ships and the base had been destroyed and as the lights of the base faded in the distance, Rory couldn't help thinking about the consequences of this event. She knew the prototype and experimental ships were kept at another base but if that one had been hit as hard as this, all her hopes of ever going to space were lost.

Two years later, Rory had just turned 21, she was called to a meeting with some high ranked people in the air force. The war had turned ugly and human kind didn't look good. It was no longer a war or countries but more that of species. A large chunk of the earth was already uninhabitable because of the nuclear weapons and more and more governments fell. The outlooks were grim.

She was briefed just like this, but then was told she was chosen to go on a mission that could change the tides of war into human advantage. Rory accepted the Pollux mission as an engineer.

Other Info: -

Face Claim: Tatiana Maslany, Cosima

Link to player Ons / Offs page

Kythia

Quote from: Dashenka on August 28, 2016, 02:31:24 PM
Just a very early heads up..

I'll start a training course for the next three months on tuesday, wednesday and thursday, so I might post (even) less than I normally do..

And the weekend of the 11th I'll be in the North, watching my girlfriend to the Great North Run. Now I have been told it's a rather civilized city with internet and all that, but just in case they won't... Don't be alarmed

*looks at Kythia and ducks*

I'm doing the Great North Run as well!

Panduhmoanium

Hey everyone! Been reading into your RP here, and I'm pretty well interested in the story. You guys/gals wouldn't happen to be looking to pick up a guard by any chance would y'all?

Chrystal

If you send me a character sheet, I'll give it due consideration. :)

Panduhmoanium

Sounds good! Once I get back from work today I'll get it to you. :Do