Superpowers - Blessing Or Curse (starting again cos it hit a brick wall)

Started by Lady Jenn, August 15, 2011, 03:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

As she watched Clarice suddenly grabbed her arm.

"Wait, go back," she said. "I saw something I recognised. At least, I think I recognised, I don't know."

"What's wrong?" Cypher asked her, sensing agitation in her voice. "Myra, what did you see?"

She didn't speak, but pointed at the screen as an image flashed up of a strange masked figure wearing an ornately patterned ring on oene hand.

"Oh god," Cypher said. "For all our sakes I hope that doesn't mean what I think it does."

"It isn't," she said, biting her lip. "But its someone who shouldn't be there...he CAN'T be there." She vanished, teleporting suddenly.

"Cypher, what the hell is going on?" Riley asked.

"Her brother," Cypher replied. "They had another sibling but he was supposed to have died just before Myra was recruited. That logo," he said, pointing to the ring. "That's her family coat of arms."

Haztur

Clarice does as se is asked, then as Myra leaves she rises a bit trembling and exhausted "weird... but how he died Cypher?"
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"She doesn't know," Cypher said. "Last time she saw him he told her he had something he had to do and he'd be back in a few weeks. That was fourteen years ago." She reappeeared, two objects in her hands. One was a necklace with the same logo as the ring and the other was a photo frame of a mask hanging on a wall. "Myra, it could be a coincidence..."

"No," Myra said, tears in her eyes. "That ring is worthless to anyone outside of my family and only two other people than me knew why that mask matters and the other one is long dead."

"He's the only family you have isn't he?" Cypher said, the realization dawning on him. "Jacob..."

"Died of cancer two years after our run-in with Scythe. If he's alive somewhere he's all the family I have left."

"No," Cypher said, putting a hand on Myra's shoulder. "You've got us. If he is alive we can find him, even if we can't use Myst the odds that no-one in the Hero Underground has come across someone that distinctive looking are very long."

Haztur

Clarice embraces Myra in silence "we will find him, he have got this far, so we will find him. You just need a cool head... love" The alst word she whispers in Myra's ear. Clarice better than most knows how is to lose a brother and have it back so sudenly, happening so soon to some one so close to her hits a nerve on her too, and she wants to make sure he is the man and its not just another trap.
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Finding him might be easier than we thought," Torrance said. "Scythe just called in that he's under attack, and you're gonna want to see who's attacking him." He turned the laptop round so they could see it, showing a CCTV image of the exact man from the image on the TV.

"Myra, you're in no state to go there," Cypher said, knowing that if she teleported there wasn't much he could do to stop her.

"But I have to," she replied. "He..."

"What I mean is I'm not letting you go there alone," Cypher said, sensing a hint of anger in her voice. He turned to Torrance. "You stay here, that way if we're going to get any unwanted surprises you can give us plenty of warning. THe rest of us will go with you Myra."

"Thank you," Myra said, smiling. She hugged Clarice tightly. "I love you," she whispered in Clarice's ear.

Haztur

Clarice keep the hug "I love you too, and we are not leaving you alone, so even if we are heading headfirst into danger welts do it with a plan," Clarise said just as she recovered some of the comuniators Ryan had elft on the table, giving one to Myra and donning the other one, knowing that Chyper had his own.

"Now that we are redy we might want to see the battlefield first."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

Torrance showed a zoomed out image of the area Scythe and the man were. It was a huge car park, the two men stood at either end of it.

"There's someone else there," Myra said as she looked at the screen.

"How do you know?" Riley asked, scanning the screen.

"I can sense more than just Scythe and him down there," she replied. "Whoever it is they're trying hard to hide themselves though. We should be careful, we don't know who's side they're on."

Haztur

"Well, they can't hide forever and with some luck and skill I will have you posted before they make their move." Clarice winks as she gets ready, getting a personal weapon and readying it.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Can you teleport us there Myra?" Cypher asked as Riley made sure there was plenty of ammo in his gun.

"I know where we're going so yeah," she said as she took Clarice's hand, Riley taking Clarice's other hand. "Don't let go till we've materialised on the other side, you might end up somewhere bad."

There was a flash of light and they found themselves stood between Scythe and the strange masked figure, both of whom seemed caught off-guard by the sudden appearance of the group.

"Damnit Cypher, you need to work on your timing," said a voice from the top of a nearby building. Stood on top of it was a heavily tattooed man, leaning on a short spear. He jumped down to ground level, landing with little more than a grunt.

"Milo?" Cypher said, a perplexed look on his face. "The boy..."

"Is safe," the man replied. "He's with Myst, I wouldn't leave him alone, he's too important. You lot can come out, I've rather blown our cover now." Aaron stepped out of a nearby alley, playing with a lighter, giving Clarice a smile and a nod. But the biggest shock stepped out of a car just behind the masked man. A tall purple-haired girl stepped out, a slightly irritated look on her face, followed by a young man almost the spitting image of Clarice.

"Clarice," Cypher said. "Its your brother..." The man turned a heavily scarred face towards the voice and let out a gasp.

"Clarice..." he said, stepping forward cautiously. "Is that really you."

Haztur

The event and the people unfolding too quickly around them Clarice just stares as all this people begin to appear from the match boy (who she waves a bit awkwardly considering Scythe is still there), but when she sees her bother she almost run toward him, the only thing keeping her there is the prescience of the assassin in front of them.

"Yes," she looks carefully toward Scytle and to Myra as if asking for permission to let them handle the Hero Hunter on their own before she ran toward her broken image hugging him strongly "that should be my question, who did this to you?" Ask Clarice caresing his face "I am going to rip his head appart!" But she is already hugging her brother, some tears of happiness rolling along her face. "ok when we deal with this guy we willhave to make a lot of talking you know?"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Sure," he said. "I kinda have something I should tell you though." He pointed to the ring on the girl's finger, a smile crossing Cypher's face as he caught sight of it.

"No wonder she's been so keen to protect you Jason," he said, coming up and hugging him. "Congratulations."

"Sorry to interrupt the reunion," Milo said, almost apologetically, "But we've got a Hunter to deal with here. I don't get why he hasn't attacked us, we might outnumber him but he could still put up a fight."

"Its cos he's not a killer," Myra replied. "Something had been bugging me about why he went to so much trouble to convince people he'd killed me when he worked with me long enough to spot one of my tricks. You've never killed anyone have you?" she asked Scythe, who shook his head.

"I don't understand," Milo said, confused. "How did you know?"

"He told me once that he'd been framed for murder," Myra replied. "I didn't believe it, I thought he was a typical criminal saying it to try and get away with it. I'm guessing you're not here to kill Scythe?" she asked the masked figure.

"No," he said, shaking his head. "The Underground have proof the CIA fabricated the case against Scythe. We're here to offer him a choice. He can leave now and try and find somewhere safe to hide...or he can join the army the Underground is gathering as we speak for the coming war."

"An army..." Myra said, surprised. "I can't believe we've both found our brothers," she said telepathically to Clarice. "I've not even seen his face but I know its him. I'll have to introduce you to him properly."

Haztur

Clarice  looks at the girl with the purple hair curiously "ok, I think we have lots of thinks to talk" and then to the others "maybe in some other cozier place where we don't atract the attention of killer satelties or the army?"

To Myra in her mind "of course dear, whenever you like."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I'd rather hide," Scythe said, shaking slightly. For the first time it became clear he was barely older than Myra was. "But...they'll find me, the tracker..."

"I can deal with that," Myra said. "Stay till though, this might hurt a bit." She reached out, focusing her mind until she could find the tracker. Suddenly it appeared in her hand. She looked at it for a moment before squashing it in the palm of her hand. "That's how I got rid of my own tracker," she said to the others. "Otherwise they'd have found me instantly."

"Thank you Myra," Scythe said, simling. He turned to go but turned back for a second. "Good luck, for all our sakes I hope you win."

"If you change your mind you know where to find us," the masked figure called after him. He turned, allowing Myra annd Clarice to get a proper look at him for the first time. He was as tall as Myra, a long red cloak draped over his shoulder, the distinctive ring on his right finger and a long sword in one hand that he was leaning on. He sheathed the sword, reaching up behind his head to unclip the hooks which attached it to his head, it coming off to reveal a handsome man in his late twenties who smiled when he saw Myra. "I'm sorry it took me 14 years to come back Myra, if I'd known they'd come for you I'd have stayed." He walked up to her wrapping his arms around her. "Who's this lovely young woman then?" he asked, a smile on his face.

"Clarice,"  Myra said, blushing slightly. "We're..."

"You don't have to explain," the man said. "The fact you're holding hands tells me all I need to know. Clarice, I'm Vince, Myra's older brother," the man said, kissing her hand. "I'm guessing you have a few questions, like how I and your brother have ended up working together."

Haztur

Clarice blushes when Vince kiss her hand and mention that he understand hers and Myra's relationship "lots of questions, but I suppose it would be better to handle in somewhere more... discrete."

"And you," looking toward her brother, "you have a lot to explain." and moving away just a moment from Myra she returns to her brother his necklace and putting it around his neck. "I just got this, but this is the right place."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I know," Jason said, helping her clasp the necklace behind his neck. "Meet my fiancee, Shauna. She's the reason I'm alive still, thanks to her abilities."

"A pleasure to meet you," Shauna said, shaking her hand and smiling for the first time. "Your brother has told me a lot about you. Don't worry, nothing bad."

"Shauna's like a living radar disruptor," Cypher said. "Her ability is the reason Myst couldn't get a lock on your brother and why Myra couldn't get a fix on anyone other than Scythe or her brother. It does the same thing to radar, satellites...Pretty much you only find her if she wants you to find her."

"And I'm Milo," Milo said, having stayed quiet while the siblings talked. "My powers are simple: when I target something I never miss. The only way to avoid a shot from my gun or an arrow I shoot is to move the hell out of the way. Anyway, Clarice is right, we need to get out of here."

"We can go back to the cafe," Myra replied. "Its as safe a place as any and I can teleport us all there without us being spotted."

Haztur

Clarice hugs Shauna "thanks for keeping this fool alive, I suppose you could do better than him" Clarice winks and smiles evily "but we can live with your decision."

"And of course he wouldn't say anything bad about his baby sister," she says hugging him "he knows I will know when he says it." Clarcie giggles really happy for having found his brother. "Now seriously, thanks, and we really need to know each other dear." Clarice says to Shauna.

Then she moves to Myra "but yeah lets move out of the way... that another way to find something with a radar... is to look for the area that causes rpoblems to the radar. The boys in black learn new tricks everyday, even if they are too slow to put them to work."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

Myra smiled as her brother took the hand Clarice wasn't holding, Jason taking Clarice's other hand as they formed the circle. Within a moment they were back in the cafe, where Torrance was sat on the floor in front of the laptop screen.

"Great," he said, laughing. "I'm guessing we need a lot of coffee then." He got up and headed behinded the counter to start making a drink for everyone.

"Where do we start then?" Vicnce asked, sitting down. "There's a whole lot we could tell you but its a question of what you think is most urgent to know."

Haztur

"Wekk, I suppose there will be alot of time later, or so I hope for family reunions... and the old man aways said we should cut the chase..." said Clarice seriously, but still holding both Jason and Myra's hand "what do you know about this Titan issue and where are we standing in all of this."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"We know about Titan," Vince replied. "The Underground have been in near constant contact with the Archangel for the last seven years. Its why they decided to start building an army, the crew told us that for all his power the creature they're guarding can't win this war alone."

"So we've been recruiting the most powerful superpowered people we can find," Jason continued. "And then we made a discovery, something the CIA have gone out of their way to try and hide. Tempest, Morph and Scythe were tricked into becoming Hero Hunters after the CIA fabricated the evidence against them, so our team were sent to either convince them to switch sides or, failing that, at least convince them to desert the Hero Hunters. Scythe's the first one we've managed to track down though, going to their base would risk running into Breaker or Enigma and I really don't fancy trying to fight either of them."

Haztur

Clarice nods "we are left trying to learn what and why is the CIA acting like that, well supposing Scythe didn't tell anything about me or Ryan we can go in and try to get some information about why the CIA decided to act like this... there is something funny in all of this." Clarice ponders thoroughly in loud voice.

"Our only chance is to discover how deep goes the rabit hole."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"What about Tom?" Milo asked. "Someone with powers like his can't be ignored."

"He's too dangerous," Vince replied. "We don't know whose side he's really on and he could just as easily wipe us out. If even the CIA are too scared to use him that's probably an omen that we should steer well clear of him."

Haztur

"Well, we first need to learn more about him and what is going on in the CIA before we decide a course of action, toherwise we might be shooting ourselves in the foot." Says Clarice taking  asip of the cup torrence just brought her.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Good point," Vince said. "Anyway, how about we have a bit of a family catch-up, I'm sure the world isn't going to end tomorrow plus the two brothers have a whole lot of catching up to do."

"And in my case probably a whole lot of making up to do too," said Jason, laughing with embarrassment.

Haztur

Clarice laying a finger on Jason's torso "yes, you do and you better begin now, I have  alot to catch up you know?"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I know," Jason said. "I'm sorry, the CIA decided they were especially keen to get hold of me and my abilities so sent almost everything they had against me short of the Unters themselves. At the time they didn't know about your powers so I thought you were safe, but then Cypher discovered they'd been tipped off by someone, I don't know who. I knew they'd try to use me to get to you if they realised we were siblings so rather than risk your safety I went into hiding, leaving my necklace with Cypher so you'd know I was still alive. Eventually I ran into Shauna who said she had a way of keeping me away from the attention of the CIA and...well, let's just say we've grown very close since then," he said, blushing slightly.