A scare I gave my mom when I was a kid

Started by Aragem, April 06, 2009, 07:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

When I was a kid, we lived in a trailer that had a ventilation system for heat and AC.  The vents would be on the floor, near our beds and would blast warm air in Fall and Summer.

I would LOVE to get a sheet and sit near the vent pulling it over me and kneeling on the edges so the hot air ballooned it up to form an igloo. 

One morning after sitting on the vent for 10 to twenty minutes, and it powers off, I get up to see my mother who is in the bathroom blow drying her hair.  Mom touched my face in an affection manner and just gasped, both her hands touching my very hot face. 

She grabbed me and took me to the kitchen where the thermoter was kept in the cabinet and took my temperature, holding me close while I sat on her lap confused and bewildered at my Mom's behavior.  When the thermoter finished chirping five times, mom took it from my mouth and saw that it read normal. 

"Then why are you burning up?"

"I sat on the vent, Mama. . . ."

Mom rolled her eyes and heaved a sigh of relief and told my not to do that anymore.

Just wondering if I'm the only one to have scared my parents like that?

Zero

I wish my parents would get scared when I was a kid... maybe it's cause I'm a boy, but one time I thought it would be hilarious if I rode down my old little roller bike (the kind with three wheels) with one foot on the handlebars and the other foot on the seat down my driveway (which is a pretty steep incline. Needless to say, this ended in disaster and I pretty much crashed into the pavement below since I couldn't brake and scraped up my arms and knees pretty bad. (It was summer time, so Tshirt and shorts).

I came back into the house where my mom was making some nice corn and I was like 'We got any anti-bacterial stuff?' and she looked at me and my wounds and in chinese, as a rough translation. "How are you so dumb? What did you do fall off the sidewalk?" and went back to cooking as I fended for myself in the bathroom.
*New Update.* A&A Updated 7/30/18

jouzinka

When me and my bro were very little, say me four years and my bro three, I locked him up in our kitchen's cabinet. It was something we called "the mess cabinet," where our mom stored all sorts of things from empty bottles to return to the market, through some ingredients for cooking, bags, a hoover etc etc. The cabinet was wooden and when I locked my bro in it, he sat on the hoover, a box of matches in his hands and lighting the matches one by one he sang: "Burning, burning, burning myself, burning, burning..." Needless to say, he could have set himself aflame at any time and my mother found him like that, with the explanation: "Sis locked me here!" ;D

aui, I still remember the spanking my mom gave me.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Downfall347

Well, simply because I lack memory of one really good instance with my mother, there is this story my grandpa used to tell.

One day while strolling around town him and his brothers found this cardboard cut out of a cigarette mascot behind a department store next to a dumpster. The cut out was for a brand that doesn't exist anymore, and it had a gentleman in a top hat with a monocle as its spokesman. Well, they took this cut out home, and put it in their basement. THey had an old earthen basement, one where the only light is in the middle of the room, so you have to walk all the way to the center and pull a cord otherwise its pitch black. Well, a few days later, their mom has to go down there. She gets to the middle of the room and pulls the cord. Suddenly staring at her eye to eye is this gent with a monocle and a top hat. She screamed and got so scared she peed herself.

Oniya

Quote from: Zero on April 06, 2009, 07:41:08 AM
I wish my parents would get scared when I was a kid... maybe it's cause I'm a boy, but one time I thought it would be hilarious if I rode down my old little roller bike (the kind with three wheels) with one foot on the handlebars and the other foot on the seat down my driveway (which is a pretty steep incline. Needless to say, this ended in disaster and I pretty much crashed into the pavement below since I couldn't brake and scraped up my arms and knees pretty bad. (It was summer time, so Tshirt and shorts).

Nah - it's not because you were a boy.  I decided I was going to learn to skateboard one summer.  After managing to make it down my driveway (gentle incline) while sitting down, I went over to my neighbor's (much steeper) driveway to try it standing up.  We needed one of those really big bandaids (3x3?) on my hip to deal with the road rash.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

camtipli

Once, when I was really, really tired and didn't want to go to school (this was probably the 3rd or 4th grade), I pretended to remain asleep while my father attempted to wake me up. I guess I though that, well, maybe he's give up if he tried hard enough.
However, when he started shaking me harshly and pretty much screaming, I decided to have it his way. So I opened my eyes, and with a sing-song voice that was reminiscent of a stopping elevator, shouted, "Dinggg!"

My dad immediately grabbed me, pulled me into a suffocation hug, and started crying.
I felt so bad about it that I never did anything like that again.

Vekseid

Unfortunately health antics do not work when one's mother is a medical professional -_-

The Dark Raven

I used to try and play hookie from elementary school...I hated it.  I'd call my mom, tell her I needed to go home cause I was sick.  So up my grandmother would come to check me out from school, and she'd haul me to the doctor "whether you're sick or not."  I did this three times between second and fourth grade I think.  Every last time I had strep throat and had to get penicillin.

Lesson learned:  Never EVER get Gramma to pick you up before the school day is over.  You will go to the doctor.  You will have strep.  You will either get a shot in the butt which will hurt for two hours, or a bottle of pills that will hurt for three weeks as they are crushed, shoved and utherwise finagled down your sore tired throat.  Do NOT try to play hooky...just dream for the weekends.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Aragem

I could never trust my dad about any health related issues. 

One time, my brother had an illness that Mom didn't know what it was.  So she took him the doctor after he was sick for three days with no sign of improvement. 

Thus, Dad picked my up from school and being a thoughtful sister I asked, "How's Dusty doing?"

Dad looked at me solemnly.  "Doctor had to give him 16 shots in the stomach and said that it was very contagious, so the rest of us have to go get 10 shots to make sure we don't get it."

I was freak out about shots and needles and going to the doctor!!!  And the thing about my dad is that he won't admit it that it was a joke until you are about to burst into tears!!!

SakiaWarner

I had strep once..very very bad.. had an extremely high fever to the point I was hallucinating. I jumped up out of my bed and ran into my brothers room, cowering and hiding from the blue monkeys that were going to get me.

I was about 11-12 at this time, I wasn't a little kid. My mom freaked out, stuck me in a cool shower to try and bring the fever down. I'd already been at the doctor that day so she knew it was just part of it. She said I scared the beejeezus out of her though cause I was soo scared and pointing at nothing, yelling about the monkeys getting me.

I can STILL remember the monkeys.. they were bright blue and they were all wearing Egyptian headdresses and robes. White with gold adornments, etc.

I kid you not.. I can still see them now as vividly as I did that day. I remember the whole thing.. all of it.

So now my ENTIRE family teases me about Blue Monkeys when I get sick. :D
"When you suffice a need, you take that singular thing under your control...even for a little while, it's yours." You want it, you need it, you HAVE it, you CONTROL it. It's yours..."