Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfie

So how many so far? 5 including myself?

Yukina

Correct. Five if you include yourself.

Wolfie

Alright, hopefully when I get it done we will have more

Wolfie

Alright, I'm going to ask for your input on ideas for expanding plot. I'm a bit stuck.

Stygia

In what direction? Towards an overarching theme? You've got your light and your dark, and the dark side knows to keep the two worlds apart, and the light side wants to merge them. Do you have a reason that the dark queen hasn't told the light king why they shouldn't merge, or a reason that he doesn't know that merging the two worlds would destroy them? Why is he bent on merging them?

It's hard in cases like this where you may have many people with different ideas about how the story should go. Ideally, you would provide whoever is playing the king/queen (if not yourself) the answer to those questions, as well as "at X point in the future, you will decide to do this thing" to further the plot in the direction you want it to go.

Maybe the queen finds out about what the king is doing, and instead of negotiating, or hiding the spellbooks, she thinks that he knows what he's doing. Maybe she decides to wage war on him in retaliation? Or she's more benevolent, and asks for some kind of truce. What if the people who cross over after giving up one of their senses/magics learns the truth? Is there a veil between that takes their memories once they cross back to their own side? What if they want to stay on the other side, regardless of what they've given up? Will it drain their powers or life force? 

Or is there a third, unknown force that wants the worlds to be destroyed, and he/she/it is manipulating both sides? Would the king or queen learn this? how do they combat the third party?

I'm just throwing out ideas here, because this is how I brainstorm for my own stories. Maybe something will spark a thought. If not feel free to ignore my rambling :)

MelisaArtemis

Seem pretty interesting. I have a lil question about the races though: Is it possible for the race to have light and dark counterpart? like... on the light side, we have the Winged Elf race while on the dark side, the Night Elf. Or different type of the same race like... Light side Kitsune that specialize on supporting type magic while the dark side Kitsune specialize in more aggressive magic.

Laughing Hyena

Awesome stuff. This reminds me a lot of words worth and a similar RPG that I cannot recall of the top of my head. Anyway I am interested in this to be sure. ^_^

Wolfie

Artemis that would be perfectly fine, but realize there would have to be noticeable differences in appearance.

And thank you stygia, let me take some time to write or the first chapter, then I will simply use that.

MelisaArtemis

Of course. Light Kitsune , I'm thinking something along the line of my current avatar

MagicalMayham

Im interested in the light, Maybe just a normal human or a light elf...
Rebellion against a tyrant is obedience to God. ~Benjamin Franklin
In this world its not faith that saves us but Defiance. ~Benjamin Franklin
Sex.  In America an obsession.  In other parts of the world a fact.  ~Marlene Dietrich
To hear many religious people talk, one would think God created the torso, head, legs and arms, but the devil slapped on the genitals.  ~Don Schrader
No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Laughing Hyena

I definitely want to be from the light world though I am not yet certain on what to do.

MelisaArtemis

lol, thats a surprise, Hyena. I kind of thought you'd be one of the dark ones :P

Laughing Hyena

Why would you say that? *confuzzled*

MelisaArtemis

just cause. You seem like someone who like the dark side of things XD

Wolfie

Hey guys, between finding a job, and just bullshit in general, I don't know when in going to be able to get this up.

Julles

Hey, Wolfie! Sorry it took me a while to respond, I lost among threads. :( But, alas, of course I would love to be apart of this little shenanigans. :)

Wolfie

I'm happy this looks like it will be successful, however I will start work again and I don't know when I will be able to be online within the next month. :(

Wolfie

Geez, six months I've been gone and I'm still at a loss for how to expand this idea

AndyZ

I would like to suggest some sort of neutral ground, a place where everyone can meet up without big losses but that isn't going to be seen as some sort of invasion.  That would help everyone get the chance to RP with each other without one side or the other having a huge disadvantage.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Wolfie

AndyZ

I offer it to you for your use ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Wolfie

Maybe  I'll throw in a Gate guardian who can arrange meetings between the worlds.

Karasu

Hey wolfy. Is it possible to make a nuetral character? Maybe one or two that do reside in this middle space? (well no one asked about it anyway!)
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Wolfie

I was planning on making a guardian