News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Caravanserai [Conference Room]

Started by Flower, January 29, 2019, 06:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

The conference room is a space for staff/guest usage. It must be reserved in advance at the front desk with reception.

[float=left][img height=200 padding=10][/img][/float][b]Name:[/b] Your character's name goes here.
[b]Date | Time:[/b] What day and time does your scene take place?
[b]Wearing:[/b] You can either link a picture of what your character is wearing or describe it in words.
[b]Location:[/b] Where is your character located in the hotel?
[b]Tagging:[/b] Who is your character talking to at the moment? Feel free to include if they are mentioning someone. Also mention if your scene is open or closed.[hr]

Credit to Oxy for graphics

Flower

Name: Coral Sharp
Date | Time: June 11 | 5 pm
Wearing: Black Pants Suit and Heels
Tagging: Staff

Before Coral talked Jade and Ruby into opening Caravanserai with her, she lived what many considered to be the retiree’s dream. Her schedule consisted of vacations to exotic locales and also giving back to her community by offering up her life skills free of charge.

Life was grand. Yet, in freedom from a life of working long shifts and obligatory business parties, she found herself becoming depressed. Caravanserai started as a dream, one she had no intention of making a reality. However, harmless research lead to conference calls. Phone calls resulted in business meetings with old contacts. The end result was well known as Ruby, Jade, and she invested their life savings into the resort.

While Ruby was less concerned about money and Jade often expressed confidence in their ability to make back their investments, Coral did not forget their contributions. She was not the most expressive woman in their circle but she valued both ladies. It would kill them ruined because of her dream. As such, she worked her absolute hardest to make Caravanserai a success. Each reservation and arrival of guests lightened her ever-present worry.

Though grateful for her friends, Coral did not underestimate or dismiss the significance of her employees. A lot of them worked long shifts and sometimes dealt with less than ideal guests; all while maintaining a professional attitude. As such, she designed a plan to celebrate Caravanserai’s first week and their wonderfulness. With Brandon’s help, the conference room was decked out with balloons, a mojito machine, and some light appetizers to enjoy during the meeting.

Waiting for their arrivals, she made herself comfortable at the front, taking the time to finish up some work on her computer.

Gannameade

Name:William B. Fine
Wearing: Pic

William was never one to turn down a get together.  Not since he left home with his partner in crime.  It was his idea to come here, after his loss anywhere was better than where he was so he had no problem leaving and coming to paradaise.  He hadn't regretted his decision.  He walked in to the staff meeting and put his
B-Fine Magic
on the table.  He thought of sharing a bit, the rest he left in his room to get to later.  He moved to kiss Ms. Sharp on the cheek.  "Good evening Ma'am.  Thanks again for having me.  So I get you all to myself for a little while?  Which is fine as I have been enjoying being here." 

He could see the idea woman was staring him in the face and he made it a point to get to know here and perhaps a lot of his health ideas would be easier to accept if he knew her plans and goals, so he made it a point to pay attention.

Eros

Name: Nicolás Castillo
Wearing: As pictured, chef whites.

Nicolás walked into the conference with lips curved into a smile, only upon closer inspection would one be able to observe the corners of the smile were tight.

“Good evening Ms. Sharp. Mr Fine.”

Nodding courteously at the only two individuals who were currently in the room and did not even falter in his stride despite having just walked in on Will kissing their employer, albeit a chaste one. William was merely being William and Nicolás placed identical boards of
Tapas
equal distance apart on the conference table before seating himself in a chair that was the closest to the door that he'd just entered through.

“Hummus mezze mediterranean tapas platters. I thought it best to provide a finger food culinary delight for this staff gathering. Buen provecho.”

Nicolás did not like being away from the ‘Oasis’ so close to dinner service, his sous chef might be perfectly capable of prepping the kitchen but he preferred to oversee the work himself. Gaze drifting towards the entrance of the conference room Nicolás mentally worked out how long he needed to show his face before making excuses to leave.

I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me.

Honeycrisp

Name: Pelin Anwar
Date | Time: June 11th | 5 PM
Wearing: Black housekeeping dress with white accents, white scarf over her hair and neck
Tagging: No one | Open

Was it planning or simply happy fate that let her enter when everyone was otherwise occupied?  Pelin had a knack for moving and appearing without attracting attention to herself.  Part of it was the ordeal of life under ISIS but the rest was just her nature and upbringing.  Women in her world were objects, things, not quite entirely people and any flower that grew too tall and was bold about letting her blossom show soon had it snipped. 

Ms. Sharp was there, looking as coldly perfect as the numbers she seemed to prefer over people.  Not that she was rude, Pelin had never gotten that sense from Coral or heard it among the gossip among the girls.  It just seemed to her that Coral kept to the solitude and dignity of her station and delegated to others anything that didn't require her unique acumen to deal with.  She was a formidable presence even if Pelin had never spoken to her or been spoken to by her.  You didn't have to personally meet the Queen after all to know who she was.

Mr. Fine was there too, his muscled arms that brought such happy sighs and requests for repeat sessions from his clients hidden beneath the shirt he wore.  She'd had more contact with him, the massage room being a place that frequently needed towels, robes, and general tidying up.  Pelin had learned he was more reserved than the other man present.

Mr. Castillo was already a legend among the cooking and wait staff.  He wasn't mean but he didn't suffer fools or anything that wasn't the very best his kitchen could put out.  More than one girl had wept herself to sleep after a shift, emotions held in during the working hours breaking free when she was exhausted and in the safety of the single girls' quarters.  Yet they talked only of how amazing he was as a chef, as a manager and of course as a man though it seemed that would be something the girls could only ever dream about and not experience.

Gossip, perceptions; they could be painfully accurate or wild exaggerations but that was the twenty-four hour news cycle of the lower staff and though she didn't participate in it Pelin still drank it in so as to better understand this place and keep her job.

Rather than take a seat she moved to the edge of the room, opposite the swing of the doors, and simply stood there with her hands clasped in front of her.  Patient rather than timid, unobtrusive rather than shy, Pelin simply waited, something she was very good at.

Dominique

Name: Chloe Foster
Wearing: Tan coloured Spa uniform with brown sash and white loafers
Tagging: Open

Her work for today was done, and she'd just helped close up the Spa before making her way to the conference room. Chloe was longing for a shower herself, but the moment she entered the staff area it was clear that this wasn't going to be an ordinary meeting. Perhaps it wasn't a meeting at all, she supposed, and now she regretted not quickly heading back to her room to change outfits; she'd been walking around in her uniform all day.

She had spent years attending official meetings in immacculate outfits; blazers and pencil skirts with high heels that added to her heigh and confidence. The comfy shoes and breezy attire she wore to work nowadays was a far cry from her old business outfits back in London, and with Coral standing there looking all sorts of immacculate Chloe suddenly felt underdressed. Not that she was going to let on that she felt any spark of insecurity at all, and with confident steps she approached the small group.

"Good afternoon, Miss Sharp," she said, greeting her boss. Her eyes scanned the people around the table, and she was glad to see William already there. Chloe recognised Nicolás  from the restaurant, but had spent little time with him so far. To see Pelin already there was a pleasant surprise; the party had been a great opportunity to get to know her female coworker a little better, and she gave her a small wave and a smile from across the room.

"The food looks amazing," she said, "I didn't know I was supposed to bring anything. I suppose it's for the best though," Chloe added, rolling her eyes, "I doubt I would have been hired here on account of my cooking skills... or lack thereof."

RedPhoenix

Name: Siddhi Sachdev
Wearing: Beat up old light brown coveralls, work boots
Tagging: Open.

It would be so easy to show up smelling like a camel. Or multiple camels. Or a camel stable. Which was of course where she spent most of her time. And what she spent a lot of time smelling like. She disliked meetings, disliked dealing with whatever was taking her away from her animals and the open, beautiful nature of the desert.

But she didn't dislike any of these people, not the ones she knew at least, and Siddhi was not the type who had ever been able to convince herself to be so openly rude, especially to those who let her do what she most loved with her life. And so, she bit the bullet and showered, washed, and even wore her least beat up coveralls. This made her still probably one of the least put together people present, but things could have been much, much, worse. She could have come after a shift in the camel stables. Or just a long day in the desert.

Still, even though she was being sociable as she could, she still sat off to the side and away from the others as much as she could manage, hunched over in her chair, arms resting on her knees, hands folded between her legs, she stared at the ground. She wondered if Idir, the addax antelope would recover. He had only three legs, one lost to the world before he had been brought to her refuge, and he was in very poor health. He could never be released to the wild. She hoped he would recover and love it here. The poor things, too slow to run from jeeps and horses, too gentle to make much of defending themselves, they were nearly gone from the wild. Poor things. They were beautiful, big, gentle. And so the world ate them.

It will eat you too, if you let it. She reminded herself.

She glanced up and around, a quick smile to those who made eye contact with her, before she glanced down at her hands again.

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Flower

Coral was in the midst of making edits to her existing spreadsheets when someone caught her attention from the peripheral of her vision. Lifting her gaze from the Macbook Pro screen, she focused her attention onto Mr. Fine as she closed the laptop. Laughter flickered across her stormy grey eyes as his name never failed to inspire amusement.

Her relationship was not like Ruby’s. Ruby often struggled with the concept and responsibility of being someone’s superior. Friendships were easier for her. Coral, on the other hand, was comfortable in the role. While she did not know their preferred drinks, she did possess other information about them. She knew the standout points of their work history along with who had the confidence to request the additional perks in their interviews.

“Evening William,” Coral greeted, returning the light kiss to his cheek. The light scent of his cologne wafted underneath her nose, pleasant and thankfully not overpowering.  “Thank you for taking the time to make them. I know everyone will appreciate your efforts.”

Just as he mentioned being alone, Nicolás strode through the door, bringing with him delectable offerings as well. His demeanor differed from William’s, one could almost feel the anxiousness coming off him.

“Do take a seat, William,” Cora instructed as she gestured to one of the nearby seats, situated in front of her. “It’s almost time for us to begin.”

A quick glance at her watch confirmed her assumption as they were mere minutes from their scheduled start time. Whether or not the others were present by then was of little consequence to her. Those who were not present for the meeting would be sent notes to keep them abreast of the hotel’s situation.

“Chef Castillo,” Cora acknowledged her head chef with a nod of her head. His choice of address was replicated by her as she often did unless it was abhorrent. Luckily, she did not often encounter such unpleasantness. “Muchos gracios. Prometo no mantenerte largo. Corto y dulce.

"Feel free to take part, Ms. Foster," she said in encouragement.

Coral acknowledged every person, who walked through the conference room door, until at last the clock struck top of the hour. Walking over, she closed the door with a gentle click but did not lock it. She was not inflexible like some university professors. Someone might not be late of their fault but might be caught up in a guest interaction. She’d much rather they resolve their needs first rather than rush it.

Walking to the head of the table, she began, "Thank you for your excellent work these past few weeks, especially with our grand opening. We exceeded expectations. I know many of you have have worked additional hours so I thank you for your dedication. You are all capable individuals and I am glad we made the wise choice of hiring you."

Coral did not mind giving compliments so long as the person was deserving of it. As such, she decided to point out some a few shining individuals. "I would like to give special acknowledgement to Chef Bianchi and his team at Mirage. They experienced quite the flood but did not drown. Also, a special mention to Ms. Cheema. Many of our guests have left glowing reviews of your expertise at the front desk."

Without missing a beat, she proceeded to the meat of their meeting. "There is the potential for new corporate partnerships in the future. A lot of which are from smaller companies, I admit, but it is still a great opportunity. They get visibility while we receive their wares and services for a discounted rate. We would be their biggest client, which means we will receive their full attention rather than just another name on the list."

There was a bigger client in the winds but she did not mention it now. Doing so would get some people's hopes up and she would rather not crush them if it fell through. She could handle that disappointment alone.

"Our guests come from all corners of the world. We do our absolute best to accommodate them. However, smoking is non-negotiable. We have ordered more signage to put up around the hotel. Hopefully, it will deter them. There has also been cigarette butts found so we are putting more bins for them as well. If you see someone smoking, please direct them to the nearest smoking area politely."

Her nose crinkled at the next topic. For the life of her, she did not know why people kept pushing the issue. "There have been requests."  She withheld the urge to roll her eyes as her conversations with these people had not been pleasant. "For Caravanserai to permit children on the premises. This remains a hard no. Although children are wonderful darlings, to their parents, this is not the vacation spot for them. We wish them well in their search for another vacation spot."

Onto more pleasant matters, she continued, "Tours are beginning next week. We are still working on permissions to visit the nearby ruins but the villages are still on-board. Chef Castillo is creating..." Cora struggled to find the appropriate word. "Snack packs? Food for them to enjoy during the journey. Please let me know if you require help as Chef Bianchi can offer assistance. Also, we will be using the jeeps rather than camels. I expect everyone will be happier with that choice."

She glanced around to see if anyone had fallen asleep. "Does anyone have any questions or concerns? The floor is yours."

RedPhoenix

Siddhi reached out and took a cucumber slice off of the tray in front of her as Ms. Sharp spoke. She moved it to her mouth and opened it slightly, her tongue darting out to receive the slice and pull it back into her mouth. She listened with what appeared to be little interest as she stared down at her hands.

Crunch. Everyone's amazing. Of course. This place only gets the best. For the most part.

Crunch. Fancy stuff for the fancy people. Nothing of concern to me.

Crunch. Nobody's complained about the camels but no, they don't need your praise, it's okay.

Crunch. No smoking, good enough. The camels were mostly used to the terrible smells people make but the other animals could certainly live without it.

Crunch. No kids. Good. It was one of the reasons Siddhi had wanted to come here so much. Kids were always thinking they could run anywhere they liked and there wouldn't be any consequences. Kids raised in the west especially. Kids raised wealthy in the west double especially. They were always getting into the parts of zoos they shouldn't be in, and then it was always the animal's fault when they did what nature told them to. Siddhi knew she would let a dozen people get eaten or trampled before she'd pull a trigger on one animal that wasn't doing anything wrong, the way she saw it. She knew all too well that would get the facility sued, bankrupted, and gone. She wouldn't have to do that here. No kids? No problem.

She swallowed the cucumber slice. No camels on the tours. Fine enough. As long as they only took the routes she told them. Most of what little wildlife there was in this remote area knew to avoid the tracks that the vehicles frequented. But it wouldn't take much pressure to crush a sand viper or a scorpion to death. Well, the camels were often worn out from the long treks to the nearest entries to the desert. Not that a little work bothered them, but she wanted to keep her animals as happy as possible. It was what she could do in this world.

"Okay." She said in response to the long speech. That was it. Nothing more. She glanced up briefly and then back down at her hands.

She wondered if Idir had drank any of the water she'd left for him, or if the parasites in his stomach would make it too uncomfortable. Poor thing. Her mind went back to her latest charge, the conference room fading away for a moment.

Lovely Complex

Name: Sean Adams
Wearing: Unfortunately, This
He had just hung up the phone while booking another reservation, which he also entered into the computer. He had taken a seat in one of the chairs behind the desk and relaxed for a bit, remembering something about a staff meeting today. Sean had the time to relax before encountering this meeting held by Mrs. Sharpe or so, he thought he did. He removed the sleeve back that covered his watch and cursed under his breath as he scrambled to gather up some things. Sean was hella late to this meeting and hoped to himself that he wasn't the only one. This was usually the slow point of the day so leaving the desk in the hands of someone else for a moment wasn't so bad.

Zipping and zooming through areas and turning the corner that leads to the conference room, he had straightened up and cleared his throat before beginning a brisk walk to the door. Upon his entrance, his eyes scanned over the people already there as he leaned his head back with a sigh and cursed underneath his breath. He had attempted to make his entrance without being spotted but had the feeling that all eyes were on him. Sean reached out to pick the nearest seat, only to fall off the edge and meet the floor. "Fuck." He'd mutter softly before standing up and clearing his throat. If all eyes weren't on him before, they surely are now.

He finally sat down and chimed in on the speech. 'Boy, could she talk.' Sean thought to himself, half listening now as she talked about children being permitted at the getaway spot. He had nodded his head a bit, trying to seem very in tune with the words and hope she wouldn't ask him any questions. She had finally finished up and he exhaled a relieved sigh as his eyes scanned the room again. He had no questions as everything was seemingly self-explanatory. The jeeps would make things around here a whole lot easier instead of those freaking camels.

His mind the drifted away from the scene and hoped that the front desk wasn't in any need of assistance. His mindset then came back to the scene and wondered who he could interact with before Mrs. Sharpe got a hold of him. Anyone would do at this point, even if there was a fly on the wall he could interact with.
💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋

Eros

Nicolás sat with his hands folded in his lap, thumbs circling around one another as he listened to Ms. Sharp. The desire to be at the Oasis so close to dinner service had not abated but as Nico had dragged himself away from his beloved kitchen he would give his employer his attention.

The agenda of the meeting had little bearing on Nicolás personally or his little corner of Caravanserai but made a mental note to ensure that the smokers corner within the Oasis was clearly signposted. Nico’s lips twitched with amusement when Ms. Sharp referred to the food he would provide for an excursion to a nearby village as a ‘snack pack.’ An image of school trips with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches accompanied by Lays chips flashed through the chefs mind. Needless to say Nicolás had no intention of providing such simple fare but if he did it would be best damn PB&J the guests would ever had experienced. Nodding politely at Ms. Sharp when she extended the assistance of the Mirage with supplying the food but Nicolás had no intention of taking up the offer. The chef could whip up a picnic basket with one hand tied up behind his back even if he did not capable staff to hand, which he did.

With the floor handed over to the staff Nicolás he looked at each individual in turn to see which of them would be the first to speak. The room remained mute and the chef rolled his eyes, looking directly at Ms. Sharp as he spoke.

“I intend to go with the guests on the excursion to the nearby village, my intention is to get to know more about the local food."

Nicolás was fairly certain that the guests would enjoy a night of local food and cultural but he needed to research before even attempting to embark on such a evening.

I am brave, I am bruised

Honeycrisp

Name: Pelin Anwar
Wearing: Black housekeeping dress with white accents, white scarf over her hair and neck
Tagging: No one | Open

We are still working on permissions to visit the nearby ruins -  Pelin wondered about that.  Often the aid workers in the camps, almost invariably Westerners and idealistic at that, thought there were rules and procedures.  That if you did what looked like the correct and proper and legal thing then what they wanted to happen would fall into place.  In her world it was all about the relationships and, most importantly, bakshish.  Pelin didn't doubt for a second that Coral wasn't as savvy as her last name but she was from the West, and a woman.  Both of those would heavily influence her dealings with the government or locals and not in a positive way.  The more she pushed, the more she used the 'rules' to try and get permission the more barriers would be put in Coral's way.  Barriers that would melt away like drops of rain on the sand if certain palms were greased, if a man was put in as the face of the negotiation. 

Well, Pelin was certain Coral would eventually get her way. The woman was as formidable as any queen.

Keeping her thoughts to herself, Pelin simply stood where she had placed herself after entering the room.  The only time she seemed to engage was when Chloe smiled and waved.  That made Pelin's head lower a bit more but for a brief handful of heartbeats her eyes, imprisoned behind the dark lashes they looked through, met Chloe's and gave a smile her lips could not.  It was small, subtle and fleeting but it had existed between the two of them.  A blink and Pelin's head was back in its normal position, eyes cast downward but still aware of things happening around her. 

Miss Sharp's speech did help clear up one thing she'd wondered about, the lack of children.  So many young, beautiful women around and not one hipped a toddler or nursed a baby at her breast.  It seemed unnatural and the laughter and chaos of children was one of the things she missed most about the camps.  Children were a blessing, a delight, and their joy in the moment created happiness in those around them.  Even when it was necessary to chastise them with a sandal it was still a happy thing.  Why they wouldn't want children around perplexed Pelin but that was why she was a maid and Coral a great lady. 

Dominique

People still poured in after her, and Chloe was grateful for it; punctuality used to be her thing and she felt like she'd been dropping the ball lately- a little, anyway. Apparently getting back into the swing of having a proper job took more adjusting than she had anticipated, but she was gradually getting used to a proper daily schedule again.

When Sean arrived with a slightly heated flush to his cheekbones, Chloe regarded him with ill-concealed amusement. She pushed her chair a little to the side to allow him to sit down, but he managed to fail to take a seat regardless; when he crashed to the floor she bit her lip so hard that she was sure she could taste blood. "Such a charming entrance," she whispered conspiringly, and could only hope he would take it for the joke it was; Chloe was still in the process of getting to know her colleagues, but so far it was isolated mostly to her fellow beauticians at the Spa.

Throughout the meeting she listened intently, although the subjects mostly concerned matters that hardly involved her department directly. The Spa was entirely non-smoking, and not particularly suited for children to begin with. She soaked up the information with interest regardless, although it was mostly out of habit; Chloe highly doubted that anyone would come to her to discuss matters of investments or trips to the surrounding towns or national wildlife conservatories. Actually, Chloe had very little notion of just what lay in Caravanserai's vicinity; she'd been far too preoccupied getting the swing of things at the Spa, along with all the other brand new employees of this unique resort. Chloe wondered if there would be an opportunity for employees that weren't restaurant chefs to participate, too. It did remind her of something she had wanted to ask, or rather suggest, something that she wasn't entirely sure would be met with positive response. Chloe had still been debating if she'd even bring it up, but when Miss Sharpe asked her staff for their input, she really couldn't afford to remain silent.

Chloe scraped her throat, carefully pushing her chair back as she stood from her seat. Her fingertips pressed lightly against the surface of the conference table. "I would actually like to make a suggestion," she told Coral, and with her the rest of the present staff.

"As you said, we have all been working very hard these past weeks, and me and William-" Chloe avoided William's eyes then, knowing full well that she was volunteering him without his knowledge - "were thinking that perhaps it might be nice if, now that we've all found our way a little, setting up our routines, the members of staff could be offered a chance to try out one of our Spa treatments, as a chance to relax? We have various treatments that are specifically aimed at relaxing the mind and muscles, I think it might be beneficiary to the general wellbeing of the employees of Caravanserai. Plus, we'd be happy to look after our colleagues," she added with an innocent smile.

The Green One

Name: Axel Evans.
Wearing: Bartender uniform - Grey slacks and best with a white button-up shirt and black tie.
Tagging: Coral/Sean| Open

Mood: feeling like this

So, first day of work and Axel was already running late for a meeting that he wasn't even sure he was supposed to attend to, but he was going anyway. It had been mentioned to him the day before when he spoke with Mrs. Sharp, and Axel guessed it was the perfect opportunity to meet everyone else and show some... Responsibility? The bartender sighed heavily as he hurried through the hotel, pinching the bridge of his nose and picturing himself being kicked out into to airport. Although, it was just past five PM, so maybe they weren't even there yet.

Finally reaching for the door, Axel rushed into the conference room and froze for an instant. His eyes slowly went from one person to the next one, and he only recognized Sean and Mrs. Sharp, Axel knew that during his stay as a guest he had probably seen some other members of the staff, but he wasn't really good at... Caring. This has to be some kind of life lesson... Axel thought before his lips pulled up into a bright, dashing smile. He was clearly interrupting in the middle of the meeting, but he was there already, so he finished his way inside and closed the door behind him.

"Sorry to be late, Mrs. Sharp" Axel spoke glancing up a the woman as he found his way to a chair and sat down. "Hi~" He whispered in Sean's direction with a smile and tried to act like he had been sitting there since the beginnings on time. He felt awful for being late and interrupting whatever conversation or speech they were having, but Axel also had the talent to easily forget about his faults.

Not available for new stories

Gannameade

Will looked over the place, he listened to her and took a few mental notes.  He noticed Axel there, making sure he got Sean's attention.  He held a seat for Chloe who appeared to let William know who her eye was on at the pool.  He didn't think Chloe was in to wallflowers but looking at Pelin he understood.  He caught himself looking at Siddhi but didn't seem to catch her attention, she was majorly distracted and was almost chomping at the bit to get out of there.  He smirked to himself as he listened to the speech and for once wished he would have laced his cake balls with rum, but he realized it wasn't that kind of party.  So he would have to let it go.  He was glad that this was after work time, he could be out of here as soon as this particular party was over.  The other reason he was glad to be here, no more corporate ladder chasing.

'Wha?  Did she just..no da hell she didn'?!?'  He didn't give a reaction one way or another, she was his sister, he wouldn't out her in public at least but he was going to ask what was on her mind.  Not that he would have told her 'No.'  But a bit of heads up wouldn't have hurt either.  He looked up at her and realized she knew him well enough that it wasn't a big deal.

"That isn't a problem is it my lady?  Since we are all family after all?"  He said looking at Ms. Sharp.

Flower

It did not surprise Coral that crickets answered her first when she offered them the chance to voice their individual or even department concerns. To be honest, though she expected such, their silence was a tad disappointing. How could she know about a problem if no one told her about it?

At last, someone gained courage.

“Excellent idea,” Coral said in praise to Chef Castillo’s notion to visit the village and explore it for himself. “If you see any ingredients which may be of use in one of your dishes, please don’t hesitate to make the purchase. I will reimburse you for the costs.”

On the other side of the small conference room, Chef Bianchi bit the inside of his cheek to hold back a distasteful comment. He was a prideful man and had every intention for his restaurant, Mirage, to be considered Caravanserai’s best.

With the first question out of the way, the dam broke and others piped up.

Coral could tell from Chloe’s tone that she perhaps expected to be rejected or even shamed. However, Coral was a reasonable woman and the idea was not outlandish. She did not answer right away, taking the time to consider the pros and cons of the proposition.

It was then her most recent hire, one of Ruby’s selections, entered the conference room. She offered him a nod of acknowledgement, hoping he would find his seat and not make a spectacle of himself.

“I see you all as business associates. However, your perspective needn’t be the same as mine. I see no reason to decline your request. As long as these sessions do not inconvenience our guests and it is done during your personal time, I have no issue with it. I will type up an official notice and send it to all employees.”

Seeing some bored expressions, she added, "That's all I have on the agenda today. If no one has anymore questions, feel free to report back to your stations. If you are on break, you may linger here and enjoy the food. This room is booked for us for an hour."

RedPhoenix

Siddhi, never one to wonder what people meant that they weren't saying when the alternative was far simpler, nodded and stood up. She took a cucumber slice as she stood and popped in her mouth. Crunch crunch crunch it went as she walked at her normal amble out the door.

She suspected the cook would be disappointed with anything masquerading as local, not that it would stop rich folks from acting like they were woke for eating it. And as she listened to talk of spa services she had already resolved never to make any fellow employee treat her like she was a guest. She got that someone might want to gain some prestige for looking like a team player, a volunteer, an eager beaver ready to help out. But that didn't meant she was going to be a jerk and make them actually do it.

She didn't make or avoid eye contact as she walked out, her body disguised under the beat up coveralls she didn't attract much attention, not with everyone else around and dressed to impress.

If Idir had been thirsty, and he should have been, he'd be out of water by now. She hoped she wouldn't return to find it still full and a miserable dying antelope starting at it with a thirst it's nematode filled digestive tract wouldn't let it quench. She wished she lived in a world where everyone had her priorities. Nobody would ever make her sit in a luxurious conference room while a three legged old patriarch of a dead herd suffered in the heat. But she understood she was just human. And there were protocols. And things she had to do to keep doing what she did. So she sat through meetings, and left at the first opportunity.

And with that thought, she was out the door and gone.

Dominique

Tagging: Open | William

Chloe beamed at the approval, and she was practically bouncing on the spot. "Thank you, Miss Sharp," she said politely, sitting back down. "You won't regret it."

She waited out the rest of the meeting, which seemed to be concluded within minutes after. Chloe marvelled at the speed and efficiency of it; she couldn't even count the amount of times she had sat through similar events and had to listen to two dozen old men going on and on and on just for the sake of hearing the sound of their own voice, it seemed. Chloe wasn't in a rush to leave; her shift was over and she'd worked the full nine hours since seven this morning. Lunch had been around noon and aside from a quick yogurt, Chloe had neglected to eat since, so it didn't take much convincing for her to grab one of the olives on the tapas plate and mindfully chew it.

As Coral wrapped things up, she leaned over to William, a secretive smile playing on her lips. "Are you mad at me?" she asked in a whisper. "Or just pleased that you now have a reason to invite any one of our cute staffers to come over?" Her eyes flitted over his face, finally catching his gaze with her own. "Told you I could be a good wing-woman." She was joking, of course, even if William was an absolute flirt with a healthy libido. Her need to keep business and pleasure separated had never been more difficult than it was here, but Chloe had come to Caravanserai because she wanted to be here, and she had no intention of making things complicated.

Perhaps that was easier said than done, though.

Gannameade

William sat there he was aware of the fact that there were several women here that caught his attention but those of the staff were…in a word ‘dangerous’.  If things went bad they were bad for a long time cause there was no escaping your co-workers even on this particular place of paradise.  He did sigh as she got up to eat only to return to him.

“Am I supposed to be?  You are willing to make appointments into our evening, for some other staff members?  Just want you to make sure if that is what you are doing is all.”  He leaned in closer to her.  “Did you ever think that my wing woman was the staff member I wanted to come over?”  He looked into her eyes, he was finding her more delectable.  This was truly pushing those boundaries for sure.  “You sure this is what you want?  I will not be able to spend a lot of time with you?”  He teased not wanting to trap her into anything she wasn’t ready for…the brother/sister line was blurring quickly.

He saw himself looking into her eyes.  “Come on, let's go to dinner before dessert.”  He said standing to help her up and out so they could at least get something to eat.

Dominique

Tagging: Open | William

A guilty look crossed Chloe's features, but she wasn't about to apologise. "No, no," Chloe replied, coyly shaking her head. "You definitely don't need to be angry, not angry at all! On the contrary," she added, and her voice gained confidence as she continued, "We're going to get to know all our colleagues this way! It'll be fun. Besides, I intend for it to be in their free time, not ours, although I'll gladly sacrifice some free time if it means making a tired coworker feel better."

She popped another olive into her mouth, chewing contently whilst giving William an ever so innocent smile. His follow-up comment, however, which really wasn't quite so innocent, had her choking on the piece of fruit though, and her cheeks turned red as she began coughing, quickly putting her hand to her mouth to keep from humiliatingly spitting it out. Her cheeks - well, her face - turned a fierce red shade and she was glad that most of the staff had already left the room. With watery eyes Chloe looked up at her one, closest coworker at the Spa.

"You know better than that, Mister Fine," she said, her voice still a little pinched. "Shame on you, hitting on the one girl you have to work with every day. I'm not that kind of woman." 

That wasn't entirely true, but Chloe really was trying her hardest to make this into a success; the last thing she wanted was cause a scandal on the work floor.  She guiltily glanced away at that thought, and without protest slipped her hand into William's, allowing her to help her up.

"I'm sorry," she finally said, "I just don't think..." Chloe shrugged helplessly, and she gestured towards the door, indicating her need to get out of this room. "Can we just go get dinner? Please?"

Gannameade

William stood in front of her enjoying view.  A bit more awareness as she explained her side, after which it made more sense.  He was all for getting to know the rest of his colleagues not  just the one he spent the most time with.  Although that wasn't completely off of the table right now.  He happened to agree as there were a few guests and co-workers that caught his eye.

He smirked as she initial held an innocent smile but began to choke much less turn red as he spoke to her.  His voice completely calm and focused as if he knew what he was doing, just not the effect.  "Sorry."  He patted her back to recirculate the air in her body.  He didn't swat her as most people were told to do growing up, it was simply the change in focus that would cause the person to relax while nearly choking.

"Why should I be ashamed for hitting on such a beautiful and lovely woman."  He looked at her drinking in her lovely brown eyes.  "That is too bad."  He winked.  "I will respect your boundaries though...but if you change your mind."  He was pushing but he wasn't going to ruin their relationship for hours and hours of her  moaning and screaming for him though.  He did recognize she had another in her sights as well.

"Relax...I am no pushing for anything."  He pulled her hand to his lips.  "Come on then lets go eat."  He said with a rather pleasant smile, if she wanted to say something else it could be discussed over dinner.

Eros

Tagging: Open, Axel (m) William (m)

Nicolás had not mentioned his intended excursion to the nearby village in order to win brownie points with Ms. Sharp, nor to seek praise from his employer but that it had resulted in such an outcome was a pleasant turn of events. As Nico nodded his head courteously at the woman in acknowledgement of her approval he noted Chef Bianchi’s face, the expression on the man's face was priceless. The chef looked as if he had a wasp in his mouth and the corners of Nico’s lips drew up into a smile of amusement. The two chefs had an unspoken rivalry, thus far it had been friendly and the sour face was the cherry on the cake. Nicolás winked playfully at Chef Bianchi before turning his attention back to the room.

The individuals sat around the conference table were familiar, although only in passing except for one. Tilting his head slightly to the side Nicolás observed that the man wore the uniform of a bartender and he was curious as to when a new member of staff had joined the Caravanserai family as the male had not been here when the doors to the hotel had opened. Or had he? Nicolás was the first to admit that any goings on beyond that of the Oasis were a mystery to him, not that he was unsociable but Nico was determined to make the restaurant a success. This meant time and dedication were required so it was more than plausible he'd missed a member of staff. Nicolás musing halted and veered down another track as he noted William leaving the room with an attractive colleague, biting back a chuckle of mirth. Trust his friend to have a woman already attached to his hip even in the middle of the desert. Fine by name, fine by nature. Nico made a mental note to go to the spa, after all staff had now been granted access to its services and what sort of friend would he be if he wasn't the first to take advantage of this perk. Nico didn't have an ulterior motive, why would he? The chef's smile deepening as he ran his hands down his thighs.

I am brave, I am bruised

Dominique

Tagging: William

The words put Chloe at ease again, and the brightness returned to her smile as she moved to the doorway. When she became more comfortable with someone it often showed in the way she ceased to keep her distance, and would even initiate small, innocent touches to convey her sentiments towards them. Of course she had had her hands - and her elbows, and on a not-so-successful attempt to practice Thai Massage techniques even her feet - all over William's body on several occasions, but that was in a professional context, one that she would never admit offered her any personal pleasure. Sure enough, Chloe put her hand on William's shoulder the moment they arrived in the hallway, grinding the both of them to a halt.

"Thanks for understanding," she said, squeezing his arm lightly. Chloe set her jaw as she considered how to continue, or whether she'd rather head up to the Oasis or have somethign far less fancy back in the staff room. She really didn't care much for either option though, not tonight anyway.

"Hey," she suddenly piped up, "Want to get takeout instead? I've got an idea."

Scene continues here

Gannameade

He felt her relax more before putting her hand on his shoulder, he didn't mind it feeling the comfort of her touch.  She seemed at ease with him and he was fine with that.  He didn't mind her touches here and there.  They stopped, he looked into her eyes.

"It is fine." He said relaxed.  "So you want to get something then go somewhere else?  Sure."

Lovely Complex

Name: Sean Adams
Wearing: Unfortunately, This
Tagging: Axel
Sean's eyes were focused on the pen he had in between two of his fingers, moving it so that it looked rubbery. He kept on doing so than almost jumped out of his seat when Axel appeared beside him. "Sorry to be late, Ms. Sharp." Sean playfully mimicked then smiled over towards him when he uttered the word hi. "Hello, Axel. How have you been for the past..." He'd look down at his watch before looking up at Axel again. "Five or so hours?" He'd asked with a bit of a smirk, looking as it seems like everyone was leaving.

Sean stood up and straightened out his attire before his eyes peered down to Axel. "I am leaving. Want to come with?" He asked while reaching down to grab some papers and his pencil, which he stuck behind his ear.
💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋