Metro 2033, A post apocalyptic tale.

Started by Prosak, May 22, 2013, 02:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosak

Welcome Comrad's, to the Metro.

The year was 2013. it was a seemingly normal day in Moscow. The air was fresh, the sun beamed down on the faces of people passing by. But there was an uneasy feeling. A feeling, that would soon come to fruition. The people of moscow watched in awe, and fear. As the first bombs flew out into the air. Watching, as their leaders shot their nuclear warheads. And, became frantic, as warheads came crashing down on their heads, as well as the rest of the worlds. It happened so fast... so quick... The only men and women, and children to survive. Had the good grace to find shelter down into the deep underground metro stations of Moscow. Seemingly the last survivors of the human race. The lucky, yet poor unlucky souls lived underground. Living off what little they could. The only currency that could even be developed, was the use of ammunition. Monsters, and beasts grew from the surface. Hunting down any scavengers that braved the surface, or even praying on those unlucky enough to find such a creature inside the metro. Life, became a losing battle. And for 20 years, humanity is still on the brink of total extinction.

METRO: Last Light - "Enter the Metro" World Premiere FILM (2013) | RU | DE | HD

One beckons the question. Why run to the metro stations? Well, actually, when Russia built their metro system, they developed it in such a way to withstand atomic attacks. So the it withstand the blast, and provides clear air for the people within. I thought I should point this out, since it might have been a question.

What is Metro 2033? It is a imaginative, and incredible post apocalyptic world created by the deviant, and imaginative mind of  Dmitry Glukhovsky. It takes place 20 years after the bombs fell. Where an oppressed and fragile people, live a bleak and scary existence. If the mutated beasts don't get you. If the communistic red's don't force you into their cause, if the Nazi regime doesn't kill you for being a 'mutant'... Then you were unlucky enough to find a Dark One. It is a sci fi, yet supernatural world. Where the spirits of the dead grasp and pray on the living. And strange men called The Darkones roam the surface. They are tall scary, and slender. Their very presence in close proximity causes intense headaches, and illusions far worse then the ones from spirits. They are feared, and since most whom encounter them die. They are viewed as a threat. Not to mention the air on the surface is toxic, and deadly. People requiring gas masks to breath on the surface.

If your reading this, then you either also love the books, also love the video games, or are interested. If that is the case then here is what I am looking for. I want a small group role play, following the adventures of a few men and women. Who fight to survive in this world. I am only accepting up to four people.  I would then as well play my own character. Our adventure will start in a station by the name of Perovo station. A smaller city within the Metro. A decent enough place to be, but has it's fair share of low life's and scum. But for story, and possible ways to do this. I am open to suggestions.

SOME WORLD PICTURES

And now some pictures of the metro.

Character sheets.

Name:
Description:
Pic:(Use both anime, and real life pictures.)
Skills:
Job:
Weapons:

AngelicBlade

Color me interested, however I haven't played the games and I've only read a little bit of the books, I'm going to get Metro Last Light next week hopefully. And if you find four others that are more suitable I will gladly let them take my spot.

TheHangedOne

Name: Ivan "Wanderer" Demchak
Description: A middle-aged man with a small amount of black hair, and thin black beard and mustache. Blue eyes.
Skills: Lockpicking, sneaking, traps (arming and disarming), sharp senses, gun maintenance
Job: Mercenary
Weapons: 
Trench Knife
Throwing Knives (4)
Duplet (And 24 shells)
Revolver w/stock, extended barrel, and scope (and 30 rounds for it)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Anna Katrine

I wont mind joining as long as there arent any spoilers for Last Light, as Im currently playing through it.

Prosak

Would be no spoiler's. Since, this will take place before the first book/game.

Angelic blade: Well, as long as you know enough of the world it is fine.

Hangedman: Your accepted. ^_^

Neysha

I don't know Russian or Cyrillic though. :p
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Prosak

Lol, well No one has to speak Russian. :P It just takes place in Russia my dear.