Hades and Persephone *mul*

Started by Aragem, January 30, 2009, 12:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

Okay, this was a game that I was playing with someone, but that someone disappeared and I have had no responses from him for a few weeks now. 

Anyway, I want to play the game with someone.

Here is a recap of the story of Hades and Persephone, the Greek Myth incase you don't know it.

Hades is God of the Underworld whereas Persephone is the young Goddess of Spring and Innocence.  They are two deities that are polar opposites of each other.  However, Hades falls in love with Persephone and kidnaps her; taking her to the Underworld to be his bride.  Now Persephone's mother is Demeter, the Goddess of the ferility of the earth. 

Her mother is so sadden that her daughter was taken from her, that the earth no longer bears fruit or crop for the mortals to eat and the world begins to die.  Finally, the gods press Hades to release Persephone back to her mother, and Hades relents.  But he gives Persephone some seeds to eat.

Because Persephone ate food from the Underworld, for Winter and Fall, she lives in the Underworld with her husband and for summer and spring, she returns to her mother.

Please be familiar with Greek mythology before you apply especially with this particular myth.  I want to make this political event amongs the Gods of Olympus. 

In the story, Persephone will be the new deity on Mount Olympus, meaing that she is a "new born" goddess.  Now that doesn't mean like an infant.  Some of the gods were 'born' as full grown adults.  Persephone will be "16 years old".  This is who I will play.

I would like for Hades to bear the semblance of a man in his 30's to 40's.  A dark, brooding figure, he is God of the Underworld after all, folks. 

Another major topic for me, is writing skill.  I want someone with decent writing skills.  To know what I mean, look at my ons and offs and see if you match what I like.  Briefly, more than one paragraph, decent description, creative writing, and nice flowing prose.

Also, PLEASE be very familiar with greek myths.

str

I find this story very intriguing indeed, and I have some knowledge about greek mythology. So if you think I can match your expectations, please send me a PM...