Wheel of Time ~ Centered on the White Tower & Tar Valon (Now Recruiting)

Started by Cynadea, August 13, 2015, 08:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eightxinfinity

Are you looking to keep this strictly Aes Sedai/Warder in nature? I'd love a chance to play an Aiel warrior if there's any way to weave it into the story.
Ons/Offs and my poorly maintained idea thread

Doji Hoturi

In PM's now with Lithium regarding her request for a female Warder. Hope to have a solidified character soon.

:)

Cynadea

Quote from: eightxinfinity on August 20, 2015, 09:36:43 PM
Are you looking to keep this strictly Aes Sedai/Warder in nature? I'd love a chance to play an Aiel warrior if there's any way to weave it into the story.

At the moment, it's geographically limited to the White Tower and Tar Valon. Opening the whole world would scatter the group too much and require too many threads. Unless you mean to play an Aiel who is visiting Tar Valon about 10 years after the end of the Aiel war...

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

eightxinfinity

Yeah he would be around Tar Valon, would just need to do some story gymnastics to figure out a decent excuse for a lone male Aiel to be that far out of the three fold land

hellrazoromega

Man I'd sell my own brother (if I had one, that is) :P to play a Far Dareis Mai. The Aiel, Matrim Cauthon, and Perrin (in that order) are the what really drew me into the WoT books when I started reading them back in 91.

If it's allowed I'd be willing to pair up as scouts sent into the Wetlands. Depending on the reason that could require less gymnastics.

Moraline

I know that Aysande intended this to be just centered around Tar Valon and the The White Tower.

But I wonder if we could get a co-gm, maybe there could be an entirely separate section just devoted to Aiel and the Aiel Waste.

I too would love to play a Far Dareis Mai. But I don't want to see her anywhere near Tar Valon.

Cynadea

Moraline is right. For the sake of not having the RP be a scattered  couple of pairings, but rather a cohesive whole, I've limited the available territory to play to Tar Valon and the White Tower.

If someone is up for GMing the Aiel, in the same time period and such, I wouldn't mind making it two parallel branches of the same game. One being Tar Valon, the other being the Waste. It might even help reach the 1000 posts needed to get the big game board.

eightxinfinity

Feel like I opened a can of worms with my request, sorry about that! I'd be more than happy to join as a minor noble being trained by the Warders though.

Cynadea

you opened no cans.

Before opening this group, I've turned and returned the concept in my head to make sure that I don't end up with 12 players, each with a character in different spots of the world, and nothing to do. I've decided to keep it confined to the Tower, but I thought of opening Shienar, more importantly the fortress of Fal Dara instead, where people could play Aes Sedai and Warder, but also soldiers, ladies, servants, etc. and trolloc raids. Aiel were another people that were considered, but these I pushed aside because I don't remember enough about.

I am going through the books again, when I reach the part where the main characters get immersed into the Aiel culture, then I'll take notes and maybe open it. I know it has a LOT of potential. I remember that much, but we'll see how the current game evolves.

If you are looking for inspiration, there are some ideas in the fifth post of the OOC.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Aysande on August 22, 2015, 10:40:18 PM
you opened no cans.

Before opening this group, I've turned and returned the concept in my head to make sure that I don't end up with 12 players, each with a character in different spots of the world, and nothing to do. I've decided to keep it confined to the Tower, but I thought of opening Shienar, more importantly the fortress of Fal Dara instead, where people could play Aes Sedai and Warder, but also soldiers, ladies, servants, etc. and trolloc raids. Aiel were another people that were considered, but these I pushed aside because I don't remember enough about.

I am going through the books again, when I reach the part where the main characters get immersed into the Aiel culture, then I'll take notes and maybe open it. I know it has a LOT of potential. I remember that much, but we'll see how the current game evolves.

If you are looking for inspiration, there are some ideas in the fifth post of the OOC.
That being the case, I may just wait and hold off to see if the Aiel thing happens eventually, since my heart would be there anyway. I know the books pretty well and began taking notes (just to help make connections for myself) after the Shadow Rising. I'd GM if I did not already have too many irons in the fire (with more on the way in RL it seems) but I hope you don't mind if I lurk the interest thread and wait to see if the Aiel thing happens, fully realizing it may not happen soon. No rush--if it does not happen for months, or years I can wait. If I managed to wait for the time it took Jordan to get books out back in the day I can wait for this.  ;)

Vergil Tanner

FUCK YES. I love The Wheel of Time, and I can't resist the urge to join in...the problem is, I have no idea what the current balance of characters looks like. I'm perfectly fine playing Aes Sedai, Warder, Trainee Warder or Tower Guard, so it's really down to what positions are already filled. Hell, I might even play a Master, if it's needed.

So I guess I have two questions:

1) Is this still open to new characters?

2) What positions need filling? For example, are there any Aes Sedai characters currently without a PC Warder who would like one?

I need to figure out whether I have the time to take part in this RP first, but this is me staking a tentative flag here. XD

EDIT:

Ok, so, I'm leaning towards a Warder. Experienced or just passed the test doesn't matter to me overly much...are there any slots available for such characters? Any Aes Sedai in need of Warders? Because if not, I'll rethink a different basic concept.

EDIT EDIT:

I should really make sure I'm saying everything before posting. Anywho, I've looked at the current character list and have worked out that there are 7 Aes Sedai without any warders (and a couple who might want more than one), and currently 3 unbonded Warders (I think). Now the tough part is gonna be creating the damn character, since Bonding is a personal thing and you're not gonna Bond somebody you dislike. >.>

Ah, time to bite the bullet and get to work trying to come up with a Warder, methinks. Time to open up Wheel Of Time Wiki to brush up on my WoT knowledge! XD
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Cynadea

you might want to ask in the game's ooc. Someone might be looking for something in particular :)

Vergil Tanner

Ah, that's the rub, isn't it? I could go ahead and make my own character, but that runs the risk of nobody being interested in Bonding him, which leaves me in a lurch. On the other hand, asking in the OOC slows down my creative process and risks being asked to make a character I don't really want to play...Ok. I'll come up with my Warder, then have him as a just-graduated Warder. If people want to bond him, brilliant. If not...I'll work that out when I get to it.
Regardless, I'm making an Andorian, simply because Andor is based on England and Jordan confirmed that Andorians speak with a modern-ish English accent, which I find hilarious (and I always gravitate towards playing English characters, being English myself XD ). So. Off to write the bio! XD

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Cynadea

Go with your guts. Bonds aren't the only things RPied anyway. :)

Vergil Tanner

Oh, I know! I just kinda find myself wondering what an Unbonded Warder would do with himself all day. XD Well, now to decide on an appearance...it's refreshing not to need a faceclaim for this RP, though I find myself now somewhat rusty at just describing the character. I went through my "Possible Male Characters" folder for inspiration and realised that none of them really fit the mould I'm looking for. However, Jeremy Irons as a tough Tower Guard Captain is tempting....perhaps next time, eh? :P

Cynadea

you can still use an image if you want. Some of the character sheets have one if you go an have a look at them, you'll see. I have my reasons not to make them mandatory. ;)

Vergil Tanner

Haha, well, I've already found an artsy image that inspired the appearance, so I'm attaching that :-)

And GODDAMN, I'm up to 55 lines on the character history and I'm STILL not done! >.< I need to learn to stop earlier. XD

EDIT:

And I sent the concept! I actually finished it! Yay!

and now is the time you tell me it's crap and to leave and never bother you again. :P XD

Sindra

If anyone is looking for some connections, please feel free to contact me!  I have the three characters below and all of them are available for plots!!

Shayella Adair – Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah.  Currently unbonded but plans have been made.  She’s available for both social interactions and a large variety of plots!

Aleana Schiller – Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah and the Keeper of the Chronicles.  About to be bonded to Ardan.  She is available for both social interactions and a large variety of plots.

Inari Danvers – Aes Sedai of the Black Ajah (though it is believed that she is of the Red Ajah).  She is unbonded and will not bond to a male.  She is available for some social interactions and a large variety of plots.  As she strives to undermine the Tower at every turn, she is available to act as a source of plots (as in she can target characters), backstory tie-ins and other such things.

I also have a Scene Tracker post for any that would like to see what the characters have been up to or make specific plans!

Cynadea

Bump! There are still a few Aes Sedai without warders, a few bondable, trained men available, key positions not filled.

Come and join us!

VioletPanda

Hi 0.0 is it safe to come back now? Is the scary fast posting Festival over?
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Cynadea

VioletPanda

Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Tackyhillbilly

Would there be room for a Gleeman, unbonded. Potentially, he could be an agent for the White Tower, circling in Tar Valon and surrounding areas doing counter intelligence?

Cynadea

As long as he remains in Tar Valon and in relation with the White Tower somehow (otherwise, finding RP might be hard), it's good. There's a faire currently in Tar Valon, so he could get there for some competition or hired by some of the innkeepers.

Tackyhillbilly

Like I said, the plan was for him to be working for someone or an entire Ajah (they all do intelligence work) so he'd have jobs to do.