Matrons of Evil (Recruitment,Pathfinder)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, November 23, 2017, 06:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

The orginal discussion/request was held in here, so Naughty Miss Adventure holds default quaranteed slot for the party (if she still wants run the story). Anyways below comes the premise/rules/chargen, enjoy :)

They called it rigtheous crusade, battle against great evil and heretics which plaqued the land. Crusaders were beacons of light against the darkness, protectors of innocents and virtuous warriors. When did they go so wrong? Why us? Why they purged us? Why they tortured us and tormented until we confessed sins which we never did so the pain would stop? Then came the fire which consumed everything, from our lives to sins of the crusaders which were cleansed away by priests while our ashes floated towards heavens.....

-From a unknown heretic's diary found 10 years after burning of Lakevale. Was burned away after acquired by inquisition.

Campaign Details

Setting: The story happens in world of Hyuren, which is standard DnD fantasy world but in start of the game (and much of late game) happens in the western side of the map (on the 'hook' landscape), on empire of Brentis. Brentis is human dominant society with minimal contact with other races (only other non-human they regularly meet and talk to are dwarves from mountains who sell them ore and goods in return for grain and food stuff along with leathers and silks). There are handful of every race in any major metropolis but no communities (no elves, halflings or gnomes living in woods and such).

Brentis is monarchy but on name only as the church is the actual real power in the country and they revere what's called The Light, The Light is not any specific deity but rather a place which church educates people aspire to enter to as it's unimaginable paradise of bliss. Where as The Darkness is opposite of it; hellish world of torment, pain and suffering. There are other countries who contest on any proof of such place excisting but the clergy of The Light denounce any claims of contratritory and argue it's place which cannot be found by mortals or entered (despite archmages other kingdoms laugh on even notion of a place which cannot be found or known by planar entities, including other gods).

Brentis mostly focused on itself for most past aeon but most recently, since ascension of new Grand Cardinal Mynthos, he has pressed on more expanionist and military agenda and his sworn divine oath is bring The Light to entire world than just to it's corner. So thus in start of his reign he established two new branches to the church; Inquisition and the Crusaders Academy. Both are military branches of the church (so far church has used stationed kingdom troops when needed for protection). Also establishing those two branches were against the law of the king, but same day declaration was made the king had signed document which allows the church besides using excisting military units to able recruit and create own military units. This was 30 years ago. Since founding the both organizations Brenthis has started aggressive warfare with their immediate neighbhor; on kingdom of Falantis.

Thanks ocean between them and mountains in connected land mass the moving of troops has been challenge and more so as Falantis has far more superior fleet in ocean and so had easily deflected naval invasions and travel through mountains takes lots of time and resources (not to mention hazards living in mountains between ogres and upset dragons and wyverns). Where as Crusader Academy graduated crusaders focus on external threats (and expansion of Brentis with aid of kingdom military), Inquisition focus internal affairs and seeking out dark magic users, traitors, inflitrators, spies and so on. They are ones who declare people being heretics based on evidence given and then usual method of execution is by either burned on stake or bled dry with pulled out innards while victim is kept alive duration of the public torture with divine magic.

Years things appeared fine but people started question entire plausibillity of the goal of the Crusade against Falantis, same instant it started talked about, Inquisition started act against the people of Brentis and very first people burned alive was king himself who was found guilty of frolicking with a succubus willingly and held one as a wife (his wife was burned as well and during the fires she did transform into demonic form and thus proved inquisition claim). Since then inquisition and the church has been absolute power while king's heiress, princess Daphne, is held on custody by the church (she was ten when parents were burned) to check on none of mother's corruption runs in her and she is raised to be cardinal of The Light first before she is crowned as queen.

Part which touches on PC's: All female characthers hail from one Brentis villages, a village of Lakevale. Lakevale was succesful small village residing besides a lake and had farms and shops and skilled crafters. Overall charming community which had colorful personalities living in village (some non-humans even whose families had lived centuries in area). Overall peaceful. However village is part of barony which is ran by Baron Larsk Birchwood. Besides the village he ran four other villages, two towns and one city (where he resides in) and runs own baron title entitled military who protects western side of Brentis against invaders from ocean (which has never occured but in past king feared potential invasion so he created barony in the area safeguard the area). Overall the barony is backwater place in grand scale of things according most Brentis nobility, but it's still one oldest baronies and thus by age respected and has very large military for barony.

Overall baron himself is all honestly bored, spoiled and rotten to core. He is womanizer who takes no for answer and he has made many laws which tyrannizes anyone who is magic user (because of his personal paranoia and for one awful encounter he had while as child as he kicked a powerful wizard's leg during his father's dinner parties). Also there are many laws which entitle him to womanize, including his right able to visit newlywed's couple's wedding night bed to ensure 'purity of the maiden'. He is all around tyrant who nobody likes but is tolerated as folks must tolerate or else suffer his wrath. In usual fashion baron has to once every 5 years personally inspect the towns, cities and villages what he is holding so Baron Larsk Birchwood came to village of Lakevale to do inspection and yearly tax collection. He set his eyes on some women of the village and he started his usual antics to womanize them, but he then performed attempt of rape at one of them and the present young mayor of the town interfered aggressively and backed both by law and church teachings he managed drive Baron off from pursuing his attempt and give a bruise on his cheek (and reason why baron could not retaliate was because mayor was a retired crusader and thus held backing of the church).

Baron then frustrated in anger pulled a plot to frame crusader for heresy and request inquisition to investigate his lands for 'dark magic' influence as there were signs. Signs which he and his minions had created to lure inquisition in. When inquisition set sights on village of Lakevale, the retired crusader mayor was found with possession of dark tomes of magic and inquisition immediately called for quarantine for the village. More so as they found evidence of potential treason and plot against the crown as well (forged letters created by Baron who was chuckling in city and watching events from distance with goblet of wine). Inquisition was determined root out all heresy and overtime seeing village folk stubborn (or honest?) nature decided turn everyone into example what happens for defying the crown and the church! So they tortured, raped, killed and then burned entire village down and crusaders and soldiers who partaked in event were cleansed from heretics taint (and thus from their sins as well). Baron did not want things go that far but he did not voice objection (even if he was disgruntled with loss of yearly tax income and Lakevale had been famous for it's artisans there was that loss as well plus loss of morale in the region which resulted people not interested join his military or give any additional support like some wealthy merchants had done past years).

In the fires and ashes of the Lakevale, five women barely surviving joined hands, formed perfect pentagram with their joined hands and bodies, prayed for anyone give them power to avenge the village and voice answered; "Yes, I can provide you means for revenge....what your willing give return?" All give had answered; "Everything!" With dark laugther all five women were saved from the fires and healed from their injuries....then give them power, training, resources in another world and then returned to exact same spot ten years later to perform their vengeance.

Characther Creation

Players accepted: Max 10 (5 females, 5 males/females bonded to the females)
Stats: High Fantasy Point Buy (25)
Starting Level: 5
Wealth: 32,000, nothing above 50% of starting wealth and one item must be branded/related to one seven deadly sins (not neccesary same as trait/drawback one). Wealth is bigger thanks sponsorship of Asmodeus.
Classes/Sources: All official Paizo classes/sources allowed only and any content including Asmodeus related stuff (any 3th party stuff needs approved by me and rest of players)
HD: 1/2 +1 of HD (class) + Con mod or roll
Traits: 2, can take one drawback and gain 3th trait. One traits (or drawback) must be related to one seven deadly sins
Alignment: Any evil or neutral (neutral which leans heavily to evil side)
Deities: All pathfinder deities but with no association to Golarion in use, however player has access to all lawful evil and neutral evil deities (so any archfiend from nine hell can be deity for cleric besides Asmodeus example). But cleric can also follow philosophy or a ideal instead of a deity.
House Rules: Background Skills are in use (2 skill points per level for non-adventure skills).
Freebies: Each female PC gets Devil's Pact feat (despite alignment given) for free plus some additional powers (check notes). All players get infernal language for free and 1 dot in lore (hell's politics).

As notice for male applicants; you will not get accepted in unless you have here in recruit thread made one the women take you in as pet/slave (and said female getting selected gets their pet/slave selected in as well). So female applicants must mention pet/slave they have (if any, as females can choose not take any PC pet/slave).

Notes
All chars had done pact with Asmodeus and pact entails that you sponsor rise of darkness in Brentis (and if able, world at large) in whatever manner you wish until you die and unless raised from dead in single year your souls go to hell. Your life spans are expanded by +100 years beyond adult age (so start get middle ages around 130 in human age category). You each bear infernal brand as a symbol of this pact (said brand descripes to one seven deadly sins).

The brand offers additional powers based on sin you take (and bonus to item you use based on sin). As rule none female PC's must share same sin brand with each other (items are different story). The list of powers are in below (firstly brand and then item one);

Sin Powers

• Lust: Unnatural Lust at-will spell-alike ability (with duration long as you can maintain line of sight) | Item gives wielder +2 charisma checks against people who are sexually attracted to you
  • Gluttony: Savage Maw spell as constant spell effect as supernatural ability and maw counts to be magical attack with able pierce DR based on your alignment | Item nourishes wielder (like ring of sustenance)
  • Greed: Pilfering Hand at-will spell-alike ability and also counts/has functions of Mage Hand cantrip | Item allows 1/day use Fool's Gold spell (CL equal user's HD)
  • Sloth: Mirror Hideaway at-will spell-alike ability (with no limit how many can enter and creates posh living conditions inside mirror and mirror can be moved) | Item allows 1/day use Spirit Squire spell (CL equal user's HD)
  • Wrath: Instrument of Agony spell as constant spell effect as supernatural ability (affects every weapon wielded) | (wrath property can only added to weapon or shield/armor) Wielded weapon ignores hardness from objects while sundering them or worn armor or shield is immune to any harm done to it
  • Envy: Acidic Gaze (Burning Gaze) spell as constant spell effect as supernatural ability, besides acid dmg the effect also delivers Disfiguring Touch spell effect as well on non-object foes (on failed save) | Item makes anyone suffer -1 profane penalty to any rolls done against you
  • Pride: Infernal Aspect (reverse from Angelic Aspect, give fire and electricity resistance and protection from good) spell as constant spell effect as supernatural ability | Item allows 1/day re-roll any roll done

These sin powers however are just beginning as new ones are given at levels 10, 15 and 20. Besides above powers the brand allows to bind a single male or female as your pet/slave permamently. Binding happens as full round action and performed by touch which brands male with your brand on spot where you touch them. However male must be willing (not magically coerced) to accept to become your pet/slave (there is no HD limit of the male accepted as pet/slave). The brander and branded share telepathic link across any distance in same plane and have emphatic link to each other (sense each other's surface emotions). Branded male's alignment changes to lawful evil (despite what it earlier was) and becomes absolutely loyal to it's mistress. Also branded male gets Devil's Pact feat for free (but no additional powers). The benefits of the brand (and it's effect on male) can be suppressed but not removed in anti-magic field, nothing less than miracle or wish can remove the brand.

Fill below application, in regards charsheets it does not matter is it Mythweavers or typed by hand (or stored in google documents or elsewhere) to me. Pics wise preferance to drawn/art and allow anime styled pics as well.

[float=right][img height=300]IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age/Gender/Race:[/b]
[b]Class/Level:[/b]
[b]Personality (1-2 paragraph minimum):[/b]
[b]Sin you're associated/branded with:[/b]
[b]Your Pet/Mistress:[/b]
[b]PC's casual Ons:[/b]
[b]PC's casual Offs:[/b]
[b]PC's sexual Ons:[/b]
[b]PC's sexual Offs:[/b]
[b]Background (2-4 paragraphs minimum/max, include details about life in village of Lakevale and description on your part of the events what happened to you):[/b]

Pockets

Places a marker. I was interested in the original game as a male, and am still interested. Willing to work out a character with/for one of the Matrons. Just PM me.
08/02 - New A/A Update

pdragon

Just to clarify, any player is allowed to play a female yes? I pitched an idea for a female necromancer in the early stages of the original thread and just wanted to make sure that'd be allowed.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Yukina

My interest as the sin of wrath is noted. :) I'll be sure to be getting on working a sheet soon (as I'm swamped today) for my (Void) Kineticist. :)

towerhouse

Interested in playing a wyrmtongue male slave type. What’s the level cap for male slave?
-TH

On/Offs

Zaer Darkwail

pdragon: Any player, despite player's gender, can play a male or female.

towerhouse: Males have exact same chargen as females have, only difference is the power dynamic that females are in lead and control of the males.

Snake

Angie

I call Lust! *giggles*

EDIT: Okay I'll expand on it. I plan on making a Cleric of Charm (Lust) and Evil (Devil) domains. I'll probably have her serve an ideal, an idea of "freedom of lust" which is, of course, easy to turn into enslavement. If I had my way, her end-game would be to turn herself into a succubus that has no allegiance to the Abyss, but that may not fit the story.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Hexed

Are there an actual selection of sin traits or just finding something close enough?

Snake

Zaer Darkwail

Snake: Feel free drop flag :).

Angie: It's possible, succubus is abyss thing but there are pleasure devils which come down/evolve from erinyes. You could start as tiefling (or rather originally was human but in ten years was transformed into tiefling as 'beginner transformation' sort sequence for your desires/goals). Considering your interest on lust and become a devil of pleasure; you definitely could be cleric of Belial or Fierna (or stick still on philosophy thing albeit domain/doghma wise that duo would fit concept very well as they all are about carnal lust among their cultists).

Hexed: You just look close enough traits. One drawback is called 'Pride' example, but for sloth you could easily Sleepy, Vain (sort think vanity fits for sloth) drawbacks or Resilient or Disillusioned traits.

Angie

The gods in question need to have access to both Charm and Evil. Charm is the domain Lust is under, and Evil has, well, Devils (and Devil has a sweet Corrupting Touch power). I suppose Belial could have it considering Asmodeus made them to be the object of perfect desire...

Re Z L

Definitely interested, going to try and piece something together later today!

My preference right now is to build a Fire Kineticist...maybe greed or envy
A&A

Snake

Angie

My Cleric is not going to be a secondary tank, by the way. Not going heavy armor build, it's a dex and ranged build. Just so no one hears "cleric" and thinks "heavy armor fucker"

Re Z L

Quote from: Angie on November 23, 2017, 03:19:56 PM
My Cleric is not going to be a secondary tank, by the way. Not going heavy armor build, it's a dex and ranged build. Just so no one hears "cleric" and thinks "heavy armor fucker"

Less heavy armor, and more fucker  ;D
A&A

Snake

I'll play the heavy armor sexy bitch (figure fit armor anyone? :3)

Zaer Darkwail

As tip if you want 'plate bikini' look, you can purchase parade armor and get the appearance along with stats :). It's light armor though. Anyways I allow lust domain (or charm) for follower of Belial/Fierna.

Snake

Ershin

In the previous thread I made a post about wanting to play a somewhat broken cultist (synthesist summoner) who channels the soul of a fallen  paladin - Would this be okay or would you prefer the character not be made? I'm aware quite a lot of DMs generally dislike the synthesist and ban them outright so I thought it best to ask before I start building.

Angie

So here's a question-are we starting in a sort of village, or are we rebuilding one, or are we kind of adventuring around? It'll help inform my mundane gear purchases.

BlackStone

Quote from: Angie on November 23, 2017, 02:46:30 PM
The gods in question need to have access to both Charm and Evil. Charm is the domain Lust is under, and Evil has, well, Devils (and Devil has a sweet Corrupting Touch power). I suppose Belial could have it considering Asmodeus made them to be the object of perfect desire...

Ardad Lili, considered Queen of Hell, Page 32 Book of the Damned Vol 1, also more detailed info in the latest Book of Vile Darkness released this year.   Also another consideration given this is a campaign of vengeance would be Calistria.  I was going to offer up an anti-paladin as my male character, but could go rogue with eventual growth into Assassin prestige class.

TFcommando

Never a shortage of players, but I’ll plant a flag of hope.  A sorceress, either devil-blooded and Charm Person heavy or elemental fire bloodline, which could be read as a flame devil.  An inverse take on Frozen perhaps... supressing powers that were evil and felt good, until she lost every reason to hide them and be normal.  Also thinking of a thick/plump/busty look... which would fit into Gluttony, and the Hedonism drawback.  “I can say no to anything except temptation.”
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

clonkertink

Ooh, fantsatic. I've been wanting to play a Hamatulatsu Master Monk for a while. Would there, perchance, be a monastery of the Infernal somewhere in this setting?

Name: Sister Ira of the Sevenfold Agony (Formerly Eliza Renworth)
Age/Gender/Race:26/F/Human
Class/Level: Unchained Monk (Hamatulatsu Master) 5
Personality (1-2 paragraph minimum): Sister Ira was once a daughter of privilege, stuck up and snobbish. Her training at the monastery, however, has changed her a great deal. She has divested herself of all titles and wealth, and honed herself into an instrument of cruelty and rage. If she seems placid and reserved at times, it is only because she is focusing and nursing her inward anger, to release it at the perfect moment.
Sin you're associated/branded with: Wrath (Cruelty drawback, Hamatulatsu robes are her branded item)
Your Pet/Mistress: Seng.
PC's casual Ons: Ira delights in nothing more than breaking the strong, terrorizing the weak, and inflicting pain on any who would wrong her.[/b]
PC's casual Offs: Ira is not much of a talker. While she can reign herself in for negotiations, if anyone insults her she will star breaking fingers.
PC's sexual Ons: Depends who her "partner" is. She's not above taking what she wants by force, as a way of further torturing her victims. With consenting partners, however, she is capable of reigning in her crueler impulses (unless they want it. She's totally cool with that.)
PC's sexual Offs: Under no circumstances will Ira take a submissive role.
Background (2-4 paragraphs minimum/max, include details about life in village of Lakevale and description on your part of the events what happened to you): Ira was once Eliza Renworth, heiress of one of the noble families of Lakevale. She'd grown up feeling entitled to a life of wealth, privilege, power and luxury. That was taken from her in the razing of Lakeview. She was taken as prize by the captain who lead the assault on her estate, but escaped her captor in the night after he had his way with her and found the other four members of the pact.

As part of the dark pact, Asmodeus placed her in a monastery dedicated to the Whore Queen Eiseth. At first, she was indignant and haughty, claiming that she was only there until she could reclaim her birthright and return to a life of luxury. But the brutal training meted out by her Erinyes masters soon beat those desires out of her. She found that she enjoyed inflicting pain, and that this direct, unfettered cruelty suited her more than petty noble squabbles ever did. As part of her training, she renounced her old life, and took up a new name: Sister Ira.

For ten years, she learned the ways of pain, both inflicted and received. Sparring with her fellow students was sometimes lethal, but nothing pleased the Erinyes more than when she tortured an opponent into passing out from sheer agony. After ten years of training, she has passed her Trials and been gifted the with robes identifying her as a member of the Order. While she still has much to learn, the masters have given their blessing to pursue her vengeance, deeming this quest a rite of passage on her path to infernal enlightenment.

Angie

Quote from: TFcommando on November 23, 2017, 04:05:06 PM
Never a shortage of players, but I’ll plant a flag of hope.  A sorceress, either devil-blooded and Charm Person heavy or elemental fire bloodline, which could be read as a flame devil.  An inverse take on Frozen perhaps... supressing powers that were evil and felt good, until she lost every reason to hide them and be normal.  Also thinking of a thick/plump/busty look... which would fit into Gluttony, and the Hedonism drawback.  “I can say no to anything except temptation.”

You know, I know that the 'slaves' are supposed to be male, but if our matron slots are filled I wouldn't mind taking your girl as my own personal pet. Faye's going to be bi, all the better to spread lust with, and we could even cooperate and come up with a backstory where Faye gave you the freedom to indulge your dark powers...