Hmmmm hey...

Started by CalypsoRising, July 15, 2015, 08:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalypsoRising

To all the wonderful residents of Elliquiy that live in the good ole USofA. Does anyone know what this Jade Helm exercise is? Is it real? Is it something that should be feared?? I keep seeing things about it, and it sounds scary!!

Blythe

Moved this over here to the PROC, since for some Jade Helm is rather controversial.

Anyways, to answer the question--Jade Helm is the name of a large military training exercise that will last from July 15th to September 15th. It is taking place across several states, although the majority of it will be in Texas. It's one of the larger military exercises that's been done; it's supposed to help the military find places to train to help them adapt better to Middle Eastern terrain.

There's some conspiracy theory around Jade Helm, but personally, I've not really bought into it.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Sherlock on July 15, 2015, 08:20:53 PM
Moved this over here to the PROC, since for some Jade Helm is rather controversial.

Anyways, to answer the question--Jade Helm is the name of a large military training exercise that will last from July 15th to September 15th. It is taking place across several states, although the majority of it will be in Texas. It's one of the larger military exercises that's been done; it's supposed to help the military find places to train to help them adapt to Middle Eastern terrain.

There's some conspiracy theory around Jade Helm, but personally, I've not really bought into it.

This. Its just a training exercise but the people with the tinfoil hats think that it means the US is invading Texas...despite Texas being part of the US and a fair amount of those very same troopers being from Texas. *rolls eyes* this is why we cant have nice things.

CalypsoRising

Thank you for moving it Sherlock.

I thought I would ask about it, what with all the hype over the killing in California, and the NOT confederate flag business going on...Its scary sometimes, to look out my window and wonder that its not what I believed it to be out there growing up. I brought two kids into this world and I am scared for their future, not because I think I am in capable of raising them, but because of how scary the world is anymore. You cant let your children play outside by themselves anymore, because for all you know, your neighbor is a psycho killer! Then I heard about this Jade Helm buisness, and the conspiracy theories on it!

Lustful Bride

Quote from: CalypsoRising on July 15, 2015, 08:26:37 PM

I thought I would ask about it, what with all the hype over the killing in California, and the NOT confederate flag business going on...Its scary sometimes, to look out my window and wonder that its not what I believed it to be out there growing up. I brought two kids into this world and I am scared for their future, not because I think I am in capable of raising them, but because of how scary the world is anymore. You cant let your children play outside by themselves anymore, because for all you know, your neighbor is a psycho killer! Then I heard about this Jade Helm buisness, and the conspiracy theories on it!

The world has always been this scary/messed up. We just hear about it more often now. Just be smart and think practically. Don't let your kids out after dark, check their Halloween candy etc etc. And remember to be there for them, when things get scary they will look to you to be super mom and to give them the courage they need.

Blythe

Quote from: CalypsoRising on July 15, 2015, 08:26:37 PM

I understand the concern for your kids. That being said, July 15th has come, and Texas is definitely not under martial law like many conspiracy theorists claimed it would be. The military has not taken it over. I think that you should be able to put your fears about Jade Helm to rest.

The problem with conspiracy theories is the sheer amount of fear they needlessly generate--and the conspiracy theories regarding Jade Helm are all targeted to prey on people who already feel shaken or mistrustful of the military or government especially.

The operation is supposed to have about 1,200 troops, which is quite a bit. I believe the others states that will be used, other than Texas, are    Arizona, California, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, and Colorado. The military has been coordinating it with local officials in areas they'll be in, and they have received permission from private landowners to use private land when applicable.

In short, it's pretty much what one would expect of a military training exercise, except this one is rather big. Nothing to particularly fear in this case.  ;D

TaintedAndDelish

For me, the lack of coverage by credible news sources is usally a tip off that it's probably bs. That and other things like dramatic background music, fear mongering and rednecks who have exclusive knowledge from undisclosed sources and broadcast their findings from their livingrooms.

Cycle

I wouldn't worry about it.  Worst case scenario, Chuck Norris will save Texas.