Caravanserai [Out of Character; Open to New/Old Members and Applicants]

Started by Flower, July 05, 2018, 08:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragongoddess

Quote from: RedPhoenix on June 16, 2019, 06:18:33 PM
I know what you meant!!! :P

*hugs*
*hugs* But tbh, the "old" shows really are for the most part the best.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: RedPhoenix on June 16, 2019, 06:15:09 PM
*goes to sob in the corner at the realization that Charmed and Buffy are old shows*

We can be oldies together! *high fives*

Peripherie

I too watched those 'old' shows.

*is ancient, enjoyed fraggle rock in her day*
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Peripherie on June 16, 2019, 06:35:02 PM

*pulls Peripherie into the oldies group* We are the cool kids still :p

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Peripherie on June 16, 2019, 06:35:02 PM

Yay! *high give*

Quote from: Lady Sakura on June 16, 2019, 06:23:58 PM
We can be oldies together! *high fives*

I loved Fraggle Rock. :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Lady Sakura

Quote from: RedPhoenix on June 16, 2019, 06:37:43 PM
I loved Fraggle Rock. :)

*le gasps* That was my show! And Bear in the Big Blue house lol. Eureeka's castle! Jem (The original hannah montana)

Dragongoddess

See and I'm old enough for my daughter to call me old but too young to be one of the cool kids or know what you people are talking about lol.

Peripherie

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Dragongoddess

Well, I have heard of Jem and the Holograms but not the others lol.

Flower

The new Charmed grew on me. I watched it while I was doing other stuff. Something happened which snagged my attention and I started to really enjoy it. I still love the old Charmed but there's room in my heart for the new one too. I do prefer new Sabrina to the old one. That's simply due to me preferring drama over humor.

Elizabeth Ecsed

To me, wearing red and appearing at the party says 'dont touch, but you can at least attempt to negotiate another color...'

Flower

Peripherie

I wonder if we can open it up a little to include more colors, could be a nice Pride Month event. Not trying to make things too complicated - we could just have more than 3.

Flower

Sure. It could be a rainbow party, if that's what you guys want. :)

Elizabeth Ecsed

Quote from: Flower on June 16, 2019, 07:38:19 PM
Sure. It could be a rainbow party, if that's what you guys want. :)

I think just the phrase 'rainbow party' has some negotive connotations. Like, an urban dictionary entry.

Anyway, what would the colors be? Are we using the handkerchief flagging system?

Hehehe

Flower

Learn something every day.  xD Sounds fun.  >:) We're in non-adult though.  ::)

I'm not a super strict person. People can just wear whatever color they want.

Dragongoddess

Flower

No worries. This is just us brainstorming.

Right now, the two options are...

Stop Light Party - A stop light party, stoplight party, traffic light party or traffic party is a party at which guests wear different colors indicating their relationship-seeking status. While they are held anytime, anywhere, they are commonly held around Valentine's Day and in areas around Colleges and Universities.

Pride Party - Celebrating the LGBTQ community.

Lady Sakura

What about a Paint Night with wine and appetizers at one of the restaurants? A nice little meet and greet for the lone travelers to make some friends while vacationing.

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Flower on June 16, 2019, 07:55:11 PM
No worries. This is just us brainstorming.

Right now, the two options are...

Stop Light Party - A stop light party, stoplight party, traffic light party or traffic party is a party at which guests wear different colors indicating their relationship-seeking status. While they are held anytime, anywhere, they are commonly held around Valentine's Day and in areas around Colleges and Universities.

Pride Party - Celebrating the LGBTQ community.
Okay.  While both seem pretty interesting I have two questions:
1) You will be making a list of what each color means, right?

2) For the LGBTQ+ party, would straight or hetero people be invited/have a color?  I beleieve there are still some of those hanging around.

Flower

Quote from: Lady Sakura on June 16, 2019, 08:15:19 PM
What about a Paint Night with wine and appetizers at one of the restaurants? A nice little meet and greet for the lone travelers to make some friends while vacationing.

Sounds nifty. I love these types of events.

Quote from: Dragongoddess on June 16, 2019, 08:25:11 PM
Okay.  While both seem pretty interesting I have two questions:
1) You will be making a list of what each color means, right?

2) For the LGBTQ+ party, would straight or hetero people be invited/have a color?  I beleieve there are still some of those hanging around.

1. Yeppers.

2. Yep, I do believe the extended acronym includes an A, which stands for Ally. I got this off a website.

Ally – Someone who confronts heterosexism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, heterosexual and genderstraight privilege in themselves and others; has a concern for the well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and intersex people; and a belief that heterosexism, homophobia, biphobia and transphobia are social justice issues.

I'll likely come up with a unique color idea for this. If we do it, I will, of course, have something to explain things.

AnnieSatin

Ok stupid question can anyone tell me how long it's been IC since my last post? I have an idea for my character but it won't work unless it's been a week or more.

Annie

Flower

Your last post was June 10. It's currently...-goes to look- June 9, 2020 -  to June 13, 2020.

I plan on pushing ahead the time though once the new event is decided. Hope that helps. Also hey! :)

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Flower on June 16, 2019, 08:42:39 PM
Your last post was June 10. It's currently...-goes to look- June 9, 2020 -  to June 13, 2020.

I plan on pushing ahead the time though once the new event is decided. Hope that helps. Also hey! :)
Any way you could tell me when the last post for Ren was IC?