Netherwind Chronicles (Pathfinder system): Seeking new blood

Started by Brandon, November 21, 2009, 08:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Alright so Netherwind Chronicles has been in a slump for a long time. Out of the 5 PCs that first joined we only have 3 left now. The game is set in a mountain kingdom named Dancra that has a monarchy as its government. The game also used the Pathfinder system (A.ka. D&D 3.75)

The game is intended to be a long term one with a lot of room for Roleplay between and during each mission and its newbie friendly as well (if you need help just ask). Right now the current group consists of a Paladin and Druid, so Im looking for an arcane spellcaster and some kind of wild card.

If interested post your character concept here, please include some kind of write up for your characters description, personality, and background. Write ups dont have to be long, just long enough so that we know what the character looks like, how the character acts, and where they came from. Character sheets are not needed at this time. One final note on character submission is that I do not take players on a first come first serve basis, I will take whoever I think will be a better fit for the game and party so if theres 5 submissions, sorry to say but 3 people will be getting left out.

Submissions close December 1st at midnight
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Katina Tarask

It would help to put in all the standard mechanics jibber jabber.

Brandon

Ah, yes I guess I forgot to do that.

Allowed Material: Pathfinder Core book only
Ability scores: Epic fantasy (25 points) see pg 16 of Pathfinder Core for details
Money: Maximum money for your class
Level: 1st level characters with no limit on how high we will go

Campaign setting: Custom. Dancra is a mountain kingdom surrounded by coniferous forest and plains. If the PCs choose to journey outside of the country Ill design neightboring countries/areas as needed
Current adventure: The group has been tasked with finding a lost merchant. His last known position was at a remote insane asylum. They have not yet arrived at the Raker Asylum for the mad
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Callie Del Noire

Cindrana Ackbar
Female Human Wizard 1
NG Medium

Init +2; Perception +1
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10  (+2 Dex)
hp 7 (1d6+1)
Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 20 ft.
Melee Quarterstaff +0 (1d6) and
  Unarmed Strike -4 (1d3)
Ranged Crossbow, Heavy -2 (1d10)
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 1, +0 melee touch, +2 ranged touch):
1 (DC 16, 3/day)Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Sleep
0 (DC 15)Detect Magic, Ray of Frost, Read Magic
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 10,  Dex 14,  Con 12,  Int 20,  Wis 11,  Cha 10
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 12
Feats Arcane Strike, Eschew Materials, Scribe Scroll (Scribe Scroll (bonus feat)), Wizard Weapon Proficiencies
Skills Acrobatics -1, Climb -3, Craft: Alchemy +9, Escape Artist -1, Fly -1, Heal +1, Knowledge: Arcana +9, Knowledge: Engineering +9, Knowledge: History +9, Knowledge: The Planes +9, Linguistics +9, Perception +1, Spellcraft +9, Stealth -1, Swim -3
Languages Aquan, Auran, Common, Draconic, Elven, Ignan, Terran
SQ Evocation, Force Missile (8/day) (Sp), Illusion, Intense Spells +1 (Su), Necromancy
Combat Gear Quarterstaff, Crossbow, Heavy, Bolts, Crossbow; Other Gear Backpack (6 @ 23 lbs), Bedroll, Blanket, winter, Case, map or scroll (empty), Flint and steel, Ink (1 oz. vial, black), Inkpen, Pouch, belt (1 @ 0.88 lbs), Pouch, belt (2 @ 1 lbs), Spell component pouch, Spellbook, wizard's (blank), Waterskin, Whetstone
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Arcane Strike As a swift action, add +1 damage, +1 per 5 caster levels and your weapons are treated as magic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Eschew Materials Cast without materials, if material cost is <= 1gp.
Evocation Evokers revel in the raw power of magic, and can use it to create and destroy with shocking ease.
Force Missile (8/day) (Sp) Magic Missile hits for 1d4+1
Illusion You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Illusion school.
Intense Spells +1 (Su) + 1/2 wizard level to spell damage (minimum +1).
Necromancy You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Necromancy school.

Appearance: Slender and tall with well tanned skin, her skin inlaid with various clan markings (denoting scholarly training, skill in magic and various clan associations) Her hair is long and unruly from long exposure to the desert sun and burned platinum from magic use.

Personality: Intensly curious and inquisitive with a sharp intellect that pushes her to probe the world around her for answers to the myriad secrets. Typically friendly and outgoing, having been raised in a clan of merchants and traders.

Background: Born to a massive clan of traders and merchants (House Ackbar) she was raised to be a mage from the moment she first showed a gift for magic. Her aptitude for scholarly study was also encouraged and she was fostered with clanfolk who could teach her what she needed for her gifts to make the utmost profit for the clan. In time, it was hoped that she would be a crafter of powerful magics to aid House Ackbar in time.

Now, having completed her initial training as a wizard, she has been sent out into the world to test her abilities, explore the northern lands in hopes of acquiring assocaiations and finding new trade routes for the House as well as learning more of the world.

Callie Del Noire

GreenHavok

I am interested in joining, but am having trouble finding the Pathfinder book anywhere on the internet. If you could point me in the general direction, i would love to add a character to the mix

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: GreenHavok on November 24, 2009, 11:40:13 PM
I am interested in joining, but am having trouble finding the Pathfinder book anywhere on the internet. If you could point me in the general direction, i would love to add a character to the mix

The Paizo site sells the PDF and hardback version. I don't think you can find the beta version online anymore.

Tagan

That's my problem as well... no cash for a new book.

If I made a 3.5 Monk, would you be able to tell me what to modify?

Brandon

Tagan

Here is Madoka
A human Monk.

Background and description are on the sheet.

Brandon

Just wanted to give everyone a reminder that the 1st is the last day toput in submissions. Ive read the current ones and they look fine I just want to give everyone till the deadline I set in case there are others still interested and who want to compete

Tagan

Callie Del Noire

Come on folks we need a arrow shield er.. fighter type!

Tagan

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Tagan on December 01, 2009, 01:53:35 PM
My Monk IS a fighter type!

Yeah but one that dodges/catches (and eventually throws back) the arrows.

We need an armored type. :D

Tagan

Well, at least I expect my AC to be very high... though I sure won't be stopping Jugernauts in their tracks.

Brandon

Alright you two, welcome to the game. You can find our ooc thread here and our game thread here. I will figure out a way for everyone to meet up sometime tommorrow. Make sure to post your completed character sheets here