News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

ooo.. interesting ideas!

Started by Kozue, April 10, 2011, 04:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kozue

Hello all :)  So, I am waiting on approval and I am thinking that perhaps I ought to simply post something here that piques my interest.  I would be looking for a either a group or a one-on-one style setting for any of the ideas that I will list.  :)  Hopefully one of these will interest someone!

A) Ellika's world is dying.  Most of her people have fled to other planets already, but she refuses to give up on her home world.  She is a sage among her people, and can speak to objects.  The obelisk in the center of her village is connected to the planet's life force, and it tells her that the planet needs Angel Tears in order to survive.  But Angel Tears are very rare and very expensive and only found in certain parts of deep space.  So, in order to try and save her world, Ellika travels to the nearest space station to try and find a crew willing to help her search for and bring back the one thing that will save her home.

B) In the small town of Cape Anna, the days pass uneventfully.  Moira, a journalist and photographer from Chicago, decides to move there, hoping that small-town drollness will fix her problems.  But sometimes quiet towns are the most dangerous ones.  After an unsettling encounter with the used book dealer, Moira begins reading about the history of the town.  She forms an after hours group called 'Eagle Eye' with other people in the town who suspect that something just isn't right. 

C) Crisis strikes in the peaceful Kingdom of Vance when the Princess goes missing.  The King quickly assembles a search party, and encourages every able-bodied man and woman to apply. The reward will be handsome, should the Princess be found and returned alive.

D) Harlow is a gun-mage with a serious attitude problem.  She's also the unofficial leader of a band of marauders.  They do decently for themselves, and she treats her boys (and gals) well.  But when a newbie slips up and gets them captured, they're only given two choices.  Death or betrayal.  Rather than be defeated by 'the law', Harlow chooses betrayal.  Now, her and what's left of her crew (plus an officer or two to keep them in line) are on the sheriff's side, policing scum like themselves across the wasteland that the world has become.

E) When Spira falls into cycles of destruction once more, Presik jumps at the chance to help.  All her life she's heard the stories of Yuna and her companions, and she wants nothing more than to be like them.  But Presik has never successfully summoned an Aeon, her white magic is laughable, and she couldn't hit someone with a sword even if she were only a foot away.  But thanks to her stubborn determination, a dream that won't die, and her best friend by her side, Presik ventures forth.  She meets others with similar goals in mind, and as a team, they embark to save Spira once more.
Yes, I'm a ninja. 
No, I won't make you a sandwich.

My O/O's, Introduction, Non-Adult and Adult RP requests, and RP's!

Koren

Hi there. Im Kora

Im waiting on approval as well so we can wait together.
Have to say that I love your story ideas already. Brillant.
Im not so good with group roleplays in complicated plots (for the simple fact that right now I am tired) but would love to do a one on one roleplay based off the first idea if your interested?

Kozue

Why Kora, that would be splendiferous.  Ellika shall meet your character at the station, and we'll go from there.  I admit that most of my space creativity comes from Star Wars and Star Trek, but the tv shows and movies instead of the books.  Though I do like Farscape and Firefly.  What I'm trying to say is that I'd appreciate any insight you'd have on the subject ^_^  So brainstorm who you'd like to play, and we'll discuss where they will meet, and I'll put up the roleplay in the roleplay area :)
Yes, I'm a ninja. 

Koren

Nothing wrong with taking inspiration from well known subjects. People do it all the time. :D
And firefly is awesome. I like star trek more then star wars but both are pretty good.
how about they meet at the space port or the like. I am a very instinctive roleplay and I just do whatever comes to mind, especially at the start.

I'll use a well worn character I have called Jayna for this one.
background infor for Jayna is that after her family split apart she just up and left one day. She got involved in the space industry because she liked the technology and is now a captain of her crew many years later after the old captain retired and gave her the ship. Her sister lives on board after she also left home a few years ago.

Kozue

I like your idea!  I suppose I ought to go make a thread then.  Hmm, what to call this though.  *thinks*

"The Quest for Angel Tears"?
"To Save a Planet"?
"Deep Space Hope"?
"Finding Hope in Space"?

hmm.. I will think on it.  If you have an opinion, let me know :)  And I also prefer Star Trek.  The Next Generation, actually.  I grew up with it.  Watched it every weekday after school ^_^  I remember watching so much ST:TNG as a child that when I later saw Reading Rainbow, I told my mother than God had healed Jordi of his blindness, because look, here he is on Reading Rainbow, and he can see!
Yes, I'm a ninja. 

Koren

Seems to be your night for first options.
I personally like the first one.

Yeah. I use to watch a lot when I was younger but I only resently redicovered the joys of it as its on the retro channel at the moment of a night time.

Kozue

Heya Kora :)  I will put something up in the morning, after I get to work.  I'm on day shift for this well, apparently.

And if anyone else sees something interesting, feel free to respond here and let me know ^_^
Yes, I'm a ninja. 

Reia

I see that idea A has been taking - unless you're looking for more? If so, I'd love to join in.

If not, I really like the either B or E.

And good luck with your application!
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Kozue

Good morning Reia ^_^  I think Kora was hoping for a one-on-one with idea A, so I will say that yes, it's taken.  As for the others you mentioned, both are equally acceptable.  Would you be looking for a group setting or something more one-on-one?  Either is just dandy with me :)

And let me know if you'd prefer the dark mystery (in a  PG-13 Cthulhu-esque light, if you are familiar with Lovecraft), or the adventure-born fantasy (shamelessly placed in FF10's world of Spira)
Yes, I'm a ninja. 

Koren

Yeah, one on one for me. Sorry Reia :D

Nice to meet you though.

As we unapproved people cant PM maybe let me know here when you post Kozue?

Kozue

:)  I have just posted, Kora.  We can't edit posts either, sadly, so hopefully it is to your liking.  If we need to chatter about it further, I think we're supposed to create an OOC thread.  Let me know if I need to do that, or if you choose to do that ^_^

Yay for my first RP here!
Yes, I'm a ninja. 

Phoenixrisen

I could maybe go for idea C, with a little more fleshing out. I'd be happy to help you with that if you'd like. :)
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Kozue

^_^ Why thank you, Phoenix.  It is just a generic plot atm, but always a fun one to play out.  What did you have in mind?
Yes, I'm a ninja. 

Reia

I see you got approved, congrats Kozue!! Going to PM you in a bit :)
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Kozue

^_^ I look forward to it, Reia!
Yes, I'm a ninja. 

Phoenixrisen

I don't have any concrete ideas myself at the moment either, but what I do have is brainstorming methods.  :-)

First things first, let's ask ourselves a few important questions:(I'll provide the answers that come to my mind at the moment)

1. We have a missing princess, why is she missing?
A. She's run away?
B. She's been kidnapped?

2. Why did whatever happened above happen?
This one is very subjective.

3. Who are our characters?
A. The princess?
B. The searchers?
C. Others as determined by plot ideas determined above?

4. What is to be accomplished?
A. A romance?
B. Finding the princess?
C. All of the above?
D. Something else entirely?

Of course there are other things to consider too, such as would it be a joint story telling venture, or an RP with an obvious GM. I hope I'm not bogging down on details too much, but at least a few of them, and what sort of game it's going to be are important to have figured out in advance.

Hopefully that was all helpful, at least a little, I don't want to get pushy or hijack your RP, so forgive me for being a little distant. I'm also a little tired, I haven't been getting much sleep lately. My brain isn't really working at peak. Anyway, that's what I've got for the moment.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Kozue

@ Kora:  I will reply tomorrow :)

@ Phoenix: that's a good amount of brainstorming! I am thinking she initially ran away, but the question wold be why.  As for our characters, Ii left that open on purpose ^_^  The question is, who would you prefer to play?I imagined that the Princess was an NPC who, once rescued, one of us (or another, if this were to be a group setting) picks up as necessary.  I would like to fins the princess, but possibly not save her.  As far as what else could be accomplished, a cute romance is fine, as is something else entirely.  I encourage the sharing of ideas and I prefer joint GMing, usually.
Yes, I'm a ninja. 

Phoenixrisen

I don't really care who I play. I've got a few stock ideas that I can manipulate into just about anything. The princess as an NPC does seem like a good idea for me. As for why she was running away, well there are several reasons, I'd go with she was a selfish brat, especially if we're not actually going to save her... Thinking about it, that sounds like fun, I don't think I've RP'd that particular scenario before. The whole leaver her to her fate, let her learn a lesson type bit.

Beyond that, I can't really think of much else right at the moment.... I've been having a really bad brain day.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Kozue

Wow, I really love that idea!  I have never played out a rescue scenario where there was no actual rescue!  It's fantastic :)  I intend on playing the leader of the search party so that we can move the story along :)  When you think of who you want to play, just let me know ^_^
Yes, I'm a ninja. 

Phoenixrisen

I'm in a toss up between playing a mercenary, and the princesses maid who's only reason for wanting the brat back is so that she doesn't lose her jobs.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Kozue

hahaha!  Having a maid along for the journey would be interesting indeed!  But that is up to you ^_^  either way, I'm not sure if I'll be on much tomorrow.  I have a large project due for work, so you have time to ponder :)  Also, do you care if I play a male or a female?  I usually play women, but either way would be fine.
Yes, I'm a ninja. 

Phoenixrisen

Either way works. It's rare that I worry about gender balance or anything like that.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Kozue

Well, as long as you don't mind a sprinkling of innocent girl love, I think I'll play a woman.  :)  And the work project went swimmingly! Yay!
Yes, I'm a ninja. 

Phoenixrisen

I think I will run with the maid idea, and a little innocent love is always fun. Regardless of whom it is between. :-) I'm glad that your work project went well.

Do you have any preferred format for working up characters?
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Kozue

none whatsoever.  Make your character up as you please and I will make mine.  We can share a 'character sheet' if you want, or we can just describe them in-game.  Either is fine.  Also, please give me a general idea of height, hair, eyes, etc, for description's sake  ^_^ 

If you want a sheet... then how about somehting like this...

Name:
Bio:
Description:
Yes, I'm a ninja.