Is this my fault?
Am I reaping what I sow?
Is this my punishment,
For wanting to go?

Maybe this is how life is,
Here living in sin.
I’m so tired of fighting,
Maybe it’s time I let the devil in.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

GingerKitty

Hello Athos,

I was moved by your poetry. Thank you for sharing.

I also noticed that as of now, this post has been viewed 248 times, but there is not a single comment before mine. Is that because people are in general afraid of darkness? Perhaps. Through various times in my life I've found myself attracted to darkness as well and what you've written feels eerily familiar to thoughts I've had. Perhaps my small offering doesn't come close to being on the same level as what you've shared here, but I find that it's always nice to know you're not alone.

I hope this finds you well and that you find peace with the devil on your shoulder.

All the best,
gingerkitty

Athos

Hi GingerKitty,

Sorry it took me so long to reply and thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you found something in the poem that resonates with you. Darkness can indeed be both an uncomfortable and seductive thing. Walking that line can certainly be difficult at times as it forces one to be completely honest with themselves and their desires. I agree that it is nice to know that I'm not the only one who shares these feelings, so thank you again for reaching out.

Athos

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"