Welcome to St. Vladimir's Academy (Actively recruiting/accepting apps!)

Started by HeavenAbove, November 27, 2013, 06:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavenAbove

Glad to see this is still getting interest. A couple more interested members and I think we can get this off the ground  ;D

Drake Valentine

Question.

I am assuming mix or different ethnicity in family is okay?

Since Ivashkov is considered a large family from Google research. Not sure if there would be different branches of hierarchy or whatnot within it, if that makes any sense.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

HeavenAbove

I don't see why it wouldn't be acceptable. This story is set years in the future, so they could have branched out.

Vampricprincessty

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm going to be making a dhampir sometime today.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

HeavenAbove

Excellent, that reminds me, I need to put up character sheets for my own at some point today.

Bloodied Porcelain

Name: Isabeau De Morieve
Race: Damphir
Position: Student

Appearance: Standing at a delicate 5'0", Isabeau more closely resembles a porcelain doll than a future guardian capable of defending and taking lives. With long pale blonde, nearly white, hair and ice blue eyes, this porcelain skinned beauty commonly wears dark colored lipstick and eye makeup that offset her pale coloring. She is blessed with a curvy build, with full breasts and a slender, tapered waist before her body flares out to well-curved hips and a pert bottom. Slender limbs give her a graceful, elegant look. Most commonly, she can be found wearing a wide variety of clothing styles... everything from rockabilly to goth-styled outfits, and even the occasional elegant or cute and girly look.

Personality: Despite her somewhat outlandish sense of style, Isabeau is neither arrogant, nor overly confident. Instead, she is often shy and though most wouldn't guess it based on the seeming painstaking attention she pays to the details of her outfits and looks, does not have a very high opinion of herself and her looks. Though quiet and reserved in most instances, Isabeau is not the type to be labeled or treated as a doormat personality. She has strong opinions despite not often stating them aloud, and at her core is a very passionate person.

Growing up with a single mother, Isabeau learned to be self-sufficient at an early age, as her dhampir mother was often busy with her charge and unable to be around as much as she would have liked to. Though her mother worried what effect being alone would have on the young white-haired child, Isabeau showed very little outward signs of distress at being alone so often. Over the years, she has attempted to discern the identity of her father despite her mother's requests that she not do so, but now that she is a teenager, she has found herself leaning less toward curiosity and a desire to know who gave her her icy eyes and more toward anger at him for leaving her and her mother alone. Because of this, it is not uncommon for her to become somewhat depressed, believing that perhaps it was her that her father didn't want, as he left her mother shortly after finding out about the pregnancy.

Isabeau has a deep love of most things musical, enjoying dancing and singing (though she never does either in front of people) and being a competent player of three instruments: cello, piano, and violin. This love of music was something her mother inspired in her at a young age and fostered over the years, pushing Isabeau in to both dance and music lessons. Though she never grew comfortable with the idea of performing for a crowd, it is not uncommon for her to play or dance for her mother, who seems to be the one person the young woman can relax and come out of her shell around.

History: Born to a single mother in British Columbia, Canada, Isabeau doesn't remember anything about her birthplace, as her mother moved them both to the United States before she was two years old. The move was, according to her mother, beneficial for multiple reasons, not the least of which was the fact that the Moroi she was guardian of had moved there. Once they got to Louisiana, Mrs. De Morieve left Isabeau in the care of relatives who also lived within the state quite often while she saw to her duties. Despite growing up without her mother there for many pivotal moments, Isabeau holds neither resentment nor depression toward her mother. This is likely due to the fact that when her mother was able to be there, the two were quite close and her mother treated her like she was the center of her universe.

Despite their closeness, however, Isabeau still had questions. They started when she was young, asking questions like "why don't I have a Daddy?" or "where is my Daddy?", and as she got older became more intensive and persistent. Isabeau became part youth, enjoying her life and delving in the discovery of the world and herself whole heartedly, and part detective... constantly searching for clues to her parentage. She knew she got her petite stature and curves from her mother, as well as her pale coloring, but her delicate looks and bright blue eyes weren't something she could find in any record of any relation in her mother's family.

Regardless of how often she asked, however, her mother never favored her with an answer, insisting that it wasn't important and that knowing wouldn't do Isabeau any good. When she made the shift from pre-teen to teen, Isabeau began to develop a deep seated resentment toward her absentee father, and most of her searching came to an abrupt halt. Her father had abandoned them... abandoned her. Why should she care who he is or where he is? Why should she give a damn about him at all? Her mother attempted to stem this instinctive dislike and disapproval by insisting that breaking things off with Isabeau's father was the best thing for all of them, that they never would have worked as a family, but it did little good, as all Isabeau could see of the situation was that her father couldn't even have tried very hard, if he was out of their lives before she was even born.

From a young age, Isabeau's mother enrolled her in music and dance lessons, wanting her daughter to have as much culture and art in her life as possible before it would be time for her to be sent off to a special academy to learn to cope with what she was and what her role would be in the future. Though she is currently unaware of it, her petite stature is not the burden most would assume it would be, and Isabeau has the potential to be a highly skilled guardian, much as her mother is.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Kaisude

All these young woman in this story almost makes me feel like a pedo >< though i know the difference in fantasy and reality so we're all good. No complaints here,

Bloodied Porcelain

Kaisude

For sure but I smoke weed and crazy thoughts appear. It's all good lookig forward to playing with you all. I may make a second character.

Vampricprincessty

Weed makes fun things happen!  :P Anyway same here.

Drake Valentine

Almost done, just have history now left.

Also, on Air element.

Does that mean someone can use both wind and lightening stats from it? Not sure how powers are limiting. >.>

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

HeavenAbove

The breakdown of the elements is fairly simple.

Someone who harnesses the element of fire (Like Christian from the books) can manipulate fire, conjure it in small doses (with limited training) etc. He is limited to wielding fire though.

So an air user would be able to manipulate and conjure wind (with limited training), but no they would have no ties to being able to conjure or create lightning.

Every element sticks to the basics. The Moroi students (no matter how old they are at the school) have only a limited understanding of what they are capable of. That's not to say they aren't powerful.

Hope that helps.

Cold Heritage

Name: Knut Koslov
Position: Guardian
Appearance: There are tall Damphir, and then there is Knut. There are musclebound Damphir, and then there is Knut. Many other examples could be made, but suffice it to say that as the pony is to the draft horse, so are others to Knut. Some might hold this to be disadvantageous, but Knut lives with it and hopes that in days to come it will make him a larger target than his charge and thus allow him to serve the function of his birth. Knut's large hands are rough and have known blood; his gigantic, iron-like body bears the scars of combat despite his young age. Beneath the skin lie bones that have been broken and mended many times over. However, all of these old pains are hidden away from Knut's face: he is stoic about all sufferings as befits a Damphir! Stoic endurance and quiet pride. These are the things that Knut carries with him as he walks.

Knut does not dress in an ostentatious manner. He wears clothing of simple, solid colours, and favours black, white, and grey. The youth chooses durability above aesthetics, and sometimes this leaves him wearing clothing that is not pleasing to the eyes. He is himself not pleasant to the eyes, and feels no particular shame or discontent in this regard. Although denied the Damphir gift of beauty, Knut inherited all those that matter as his body readily attests. The young Damphir bears a molnija mark, and tends to wear high collars to disguise it out of modesty. His upper and lower canines are slightly enlarged, but they do not inhibit his speech or the function of his mouth.

Personality: Knut is somewhat conceited. He revels in the strength of his body and speed of his limbs. There is a raw pleasure he derives from instances where he may exert his Damphir abilities to their limit. And why not take joy in them? Knut is not a braggart, however, and keeps his pleasure at his might to himself and is not one to share past accomplishments with others, nor to make an event of anything he might achieve in the future. There are few joys in Knut's life, and he knows few sorrows. His commitment to his role as a guardian to be is laudable: it is know that he is willing to die for the one he is promised to. There is but one flaw: it is not known if he has the will to live for the sake of the one he will be promised to.

Although unskilled in lying and dissembling, it can be difficult to determine whether Knut is being truthful. His face betrays little emotion, and there is seldom much to betray. His heart is a bear in winter, and summer may never come. Generally placid and easy to get along with, Knut has few problems with his peers. When he does, it tends to be because he spoke too bluntly or inadvertently acted in an arrogant manner.

History: Growing up on the estate of one of the many branches of the Ivashkov family meant that material comforts were always within reach for Knut. His mother remained Guardian to the Morio who sired him, and Knut was one of several Damphir children raised on the estate who were progeny of Guardians protecting the many Royals who dwelt there. The children had a rotating group of mother and father figures, as their own parents were occupied with the protection of Moroi. It is in this that Knut's coldness perhaps originates; he formed no bonds with older Damphirs and indeed few with those his own age. The Damphir children played at war and fought each other with fists and sticks to expend youthful energy, and when that was done learned conventional lessons of arithmetic and history and so forth from human instructors. Most of the Damphir children could trace the lineage of their Damphir parent back generations serving the Ivashkovs; the Koslov line was little different.

There was an Ivashkov child nearly Knut's own age that took a fancy to him. He was encouraged in the sternest terms to indulge her and be kind to her, as befit a lesser to one's better. So Knut played inane games with the young Ivashkov girl. It was generally imagined that this childish infatuation would fade, but as the pair approached their teens it did not. As Knut grew older and discovered that female attention was not so bad, the task of socializing with her and being a confidant grew less onerous, though it was entirely chaste. Knut was fourteen and she thirteen when they went into the woods one night. The Ivashkov girl was heart-broken over some slight perpetrated against her by a male cousin some years her senior; Knut did not understand the intricacies but he took away that she had been humiliated publicly. The young Damphir's inability to console her compounded her negative feelings and she raged and railed against Knut, calling him a stupid wolf-hound. She struck him, first with open palms and later with closed fists, until her anger was spent and there were no more tears to shed and her voice had gone hoarse from venting. They were alone, and then, a Strigioi came for them. It was a young thing, else they would have both died, but even as it was Knut almost did. He reacted on muscle memory alone as the Strigoi threw itself as the Ivashkov girl, and the pair engaged in a fierce exchange of blows. Unaccustomed to its new attributes as the Strigoi was, it failed to fully exert its strength and speed against Knut, who was better accustomed to his own attributes. It was a narrow thing, however, and when Knut won by tearing the Strigoi's head from its shoulders with his bare hands he was bloodied, battered, and broken, at the end of his strength. He fainted from exhaustion moments later, and would have died of his grievous injuries if not for the timely arrival of elders searching for the young Ivashkov girl, whose absence had been noted.

Knut recovered, thanks to his Damphir blood. He was given a mark to commemorate his victory, and then harshly disciplined for 'allowing' the young girl Ivashkov out of the safety of seasoned Guardians. Damphir and Moroi hand alike were turned to the cause of teaching Knut the folly of his actions, and those hands were knowledgeable and well-experienced at delivering such lessons. The young girl was made to watch. And as she watched and Knut did not cry out, exacerbating the pain his tutors inflicted upon him, she grew to resent him for it. If he cried out, she reasoned, they would cease and she would no longer have to endure. This was not reasoning that had any basis in fact, but her young mind held it to be true. And so when it was over and Knut found himself injured as terribly as he had been by the Strigoi, he saw the hatred in the Ivashkov girl's eyes. The pair would never speak again, and Knut understood he was to avoid her in the future. It suited him well enough; he was a hound, and it fell the hound to obey its masters.

His peers at first treated Knut with some measured awe and held him in mythical standing, but he told them always that he owed his life more to the Strigoi's faults and failings than to his own prowess, and eventually any interest in him was lost. This too suited Knut: he did not want to be held to the impossibly high standards that youths could conceive of.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Bloodied Porcelain

You sure are fond of that model, Cold ;) Glad to see you joining. And Caela, too! It's a regular little DN gathering :p

Caela

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on December 07, 2013, 10:11:18 PM
You sure are fond of that model, Cold ;) Glad to see you joining. And Caela, too! It's a regular little DN gathering :p

;D

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Cold Heritage on December 07, 2013, 10:18:55 PM
I think maybe I have a problem.  :-(

Well I hope you never find a solution to it. ;)

HeavenAbove

I think we might be able to start soon.  ;D

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm working on a second character atm. *blushes and grins a bit*

Bloodied Porcelain

Name: Avalyn Rose Ozera
Race: Moroi
Position: Student
Element: Fire
Appearance: With skin the color of fine porcelain and long blonde hair, Avalyn is a graceful, delicate beauty. Despite her somewhat short stature (coming in at only 5'2"), she is otherwise every inch a moroi... slender, pale skin, intense ice blue eyes, and unearthly beauty combine to create a young woman who is as delicate seeming as she is stunning to behold. Though she has the ability to wear any style of clothing she chooses, Avalyn's chosen style is often of a gothic nature, wearing a lot of blacks, reds, and styles out of their time as well as heavy eye makeup. Her build is slender and delicate, not blessed with an abundance of curves though not so devoid of them as to seem boyish, either.

Personality: Coming from the Ozera family means living with a black mark on your reputation... The willing turn of Lucas and Moira still haunts the Ozera family to this day, and every day that Avalyn bears the name and the trademark blue eyes of her family line, she lives with that burden. The taunting and cruelty she has faced at being called such things as a “Strigoi Wannabe” have lead her to being socially and emotionally distant from everyone, putting up walls around her heart and feelings to keep from being hurt.

Her parent's controlling ways lead the young woman to rebel in the few ways her controlling mother will allow her to... most often through her chosen style of dress. Her mother would have her dressing elegantly and more "with the times", but Avalyn is happy to fill her wardrobe with outfits made of black velvet and lace, with platformed and heeled shoes.

To the rest of the world, Avalyn seems like a bit of an ice queen despite her affinity with fire. She is calm, cool, and collected in most situations, often leaving people perplexed by her seeming lack of emotional response to well... most anything they find important. Unlike so many other moroi, Avalyn is uninterested in politics and is even actively opposed to ever being a pawn for her family's political maneuverings. She's happy to keep her head down, study, and immerse herself in her hobbies.

Unfortunately, her ice queen persona tends to lead people to believe that she is unwilling to socialize so Avalyn often finds herself ostracized with very little reason. This of course does mean that Avalyn has little to no friends, and now that she's coming to St. Vladimir's, she's somewhat apprehensive about what she will find on the social front. For this reason, she seems rather determined to keep her head down and her grades up.

History: Avalyn Rose Ozera was born to Michael and Eliza Ozera in early December sixteen years ago. Though many members of the Ozera line are predisposed to darker hair colors, Avalyn was lucky enough to inherit a recessive gene that caused her to be born with a full head of nearly white, fine and wispy hair. As she grew the hair became thicker and developed some natural curl, but its color never became darker as so many do. Despite how different she looked from many of her family members, with her petite height and pale hair, her bright blue eyes immediately named her as one of their own.

Though her parents had high hopes for Avalyn, their goal-driven approach to parenting left a black mark upon their relationship with their daughter, who felt stifled and chaffed at the micro-managing ways of her mother, who was determined to clean up the family reputation and to make sure that Avalyn would be at the fore-front of this change, the new face of the family.

For the first part of her life, Avalyn had no choice but to give in to her mother's pressures and planning, unable to deny the older woman anything as she was groomed to be an “ideal lady”. She learned to keep her clothes and appearance impeccable, to speak with only perfect grammar and diction, and to be polite and diplomatic in all things. She was also extensively tutored in the ways of politics and every spare moment of her child hood was spent full of one lesson or another... from music to art to dancing, her parents were out to groom the perfect moroi child.

Though she always had it in the small ways children do, Avalyn's magic was began to come in to it's full early, when, in a fit of exhaustion and frustration during a violin lesson, she accidentally set the instrument on fire. While the still young child was somewhat traumatized and terrified by her own abilities, her parents were immediately thrilled by the prospect that she could hold so much power already. At once they found her a private instructor to school her in hopes of bringing her specialization out as early as possible, but Avalyn's fear of her own abilities stunted any growth she might have made in those lessons and it never showed itself again except in very minor displays until after she hit puberty.

By puberty, Avalyn's rebellious side had begun to show itself in force, with the girl often staying up late at night to alter clothes her parents wanted her to wear, and developing a penchant for a darker style of dress than the more elegant and regal preference they had. Instead of looking like an ivy-league private school brat, she dressed in black and dark reds, in heels and platforms, in lace that made her dresses look more like mourning outfits than anything day to day. She also developed a taste for dark, smokey eye makeup that brought out her icy hues. 

From there, it was all down hill. Her father withdrew and became distant when all efforts to steer Avalyn back on to the “right course” failed, her mother became more controlling for a while before seeming to give up and practically shunning her daughter, and the rest of the family grew somewhat distant toward the young woman, who had grown more and more introverted and antisocial toward them. Despite her emotional distance from her family, however, the Ozera reputation continues to haunt her, and she has been called a “Strigoi Wannabe” more than once in her life time.

In an effort to both “sort her out” and get back the daughter they had before puberty set in and turned her in to the rebellious young woman they now see every day, Michael and Eliza have recently decided that St. Vladimir's is the best place for Avalyn, and have sent her off to school in hopes that the new atmosphere and structure will set her straight so that they can get back to their plans of teaching her how to redeem the Ozera family name.

Avalyn, meanwhile, feels as if she's been thrown to the sharks and enters school with an apprehensive heart.

Vampricprincessty

Bloodied Porcelain

I just hope I can pull it off despite not having read the books or anything x.x

Vampricprincessty

Just read up on them on Wiki. I loved them in the books. That makes me wonder what he is going to look like for the movie. Sorry rambling :P

HeavenAbove

Guardian - Declan Miller - Finished
Name: Declan R. Miller
Position: Guardian
Element: N/A
Appearance: Declan is unusually tall, I say that because he comes from a family whose average height reaches six foot nothing. Declan was the odd man out in his family in respects to height, he stopped growing once he reached six foot four. He has dirty brown hair that he keeps on the short side. His light blue eyes are easily noticeable, even when he isn’t speaking others seemed to be drawn in by the way his eyes can light up any room he is in. He was a scrawny kid growing up, that all changed when he found out he was being enrolled in St. Vladimir’s. Being a guardian (originally) wasn’t at the top of his to-do list. He found a good mentor however who turned his attitude around. He ate right, and trained his butt off to get the physique he has. He likes to think it’s a solid balance between strength and speed, which you need to have to fight off threats. He weighs in somewhere around two hundred and thirty pounds. His smile is infectious, though he isn’t usually seen smiling, he takes his job fairly seriously. He has several scars across his body, a few particularly large ones that run diagonally down his chest, like large claw marks.

Personality: A Guardian who is one hundred percent dedicated to his job, it would be difficult to find someone who has a stronger work ethic than Declan. He isn’t overly serious however, there are lighthearted moments here and there. The reality is a harsh one, and he knows if he doesn’t do his job to the best of his ability, others could wind up dead and the Moroi are in a rebuilding stage in their history. For the first time in centuries, the Moroi are repopulating faster. He wasn’t always the serious type. In fact, growing up, he was quite the opposite. He loved to pull pranks, joke around, and act as though he didn’t have a care in the world.

It wasn’t his parents (his father is also a Guardian) who had been the driving force behind his change, it was his mentor during his years as a student at the academy. His mentor (Nic) had opened Declan’s eyes to the possibilities of the world beyond the school. He stressed the dangers, and kept conversations honest and real. Nicholas would go on to leave the academy behind after ten years as a Guardian/Instructor. The lessons and stories told to Declan would ultimately change his outlook on his future and give the young man a sense of purpose.

Declan is one of those types who is known for keeping his emotions in check during high stress situations. In the face of danger, he isn’t one to flinch, not even a little. That’s not to say that he feels no fear. Instead of letting the fear consume him, he turns it around to harness it and use it to keep him sharp and keep him alive. Declan doesn’t talk much about his years as a Guardian away from St. Vladimir’s. He ended up going through a lot of trying times that would test his character, his courage, and his will to survive.

You might think he is all business (which he normally is) but Declan is far more than the ‘serious guardian’ type. He is sweet, caring, and extremely loyal. Calm under extreme stress, you might look at him and think that nothing gets to him, but everything gets to him. Declan has different ways of unloading his emotions, and he does it when no one is around. He can’t afford to think much about himself, especially now that he has hundreds of students to watch over.

History: Declan Rhys Miller was born to Alaric Miller and Emily Tarus (Royal Moroi) as the oldest of three children. He always was the stand out in the family, from day one he had never been driven toward one thing in particular. His younger sister Laurel had fell in love with the arts and found that she had a passion for dance. The youngest sibling Gwen, was interested in all things revolving around the history of Damphirs and Moroi. She found herself buried in books in the small library that their parents had built in the study of their home. Declan was the only one content with not having any direction in life.

When his father (who is a well-known Guardian) suggested that he attend St. Vladimir’s his mother agreed that it might be the best decision for their son, so they sent him off to Montana to study at the specialized school for vampires. It was there that Declan would meet a Damphir by the name of Nicholas Hughes who would change his outlook on life forever. Nic realized the potential and passion that was stirring beneath the surface and turned Declan from an average student to one of the top prospects in his entire class.

It was a long four years, but Declan made the most of it. He had a few relationships here and there but nothing that he knew would stick. He knew in the back of his mind that he couldn’t be in a relationship and be a Guardian. To him, those two ideas didn’t work well together. Instead of being chosen by a particular Moroi to guard after he graduated, he was chosen by the Ozera family to be a guardian to the majority of the Ozera’s who resided in the States. Little did he know who he was actually replacing.

He joined a group of three other veteran Guardians who had been well-known throughout the vampire community. He felt honored to have been chosen to protect such an important family. Not every Moroi is royal, and Declan knew that if he was chosen, then it was for good reason. The next six years would prove to be a roller coaster of highs and lows. He doesn’t talk much about it, but he does have four Molnija marks that run along his back. That’s an indication that he has seen a lot more than he talks about.

Headmaster - Graham Shaw - Finished
Name: Graham Shaw
Position: St. Vladimir's Headmaster
Element: N/A
Appearance: Graham Shaw is an incredibly confident-looking man. He has a natural confidence about him that shines through his eyes and his and his posture. He doesn’t believe in slouching. Years spent as a Guardian between royal families has taught him that no matter where you are at, you must make the best of the situation. He is a bit of a legend in the vampire community. He stands at a strikingly tall six feet five inches. Rugged jawline, a constantly look of determination and willpower. He has alluring honey-brown eyes that seem to draw others in. His hair is thick and full, a dark brown with tones of light brown that blend wonderfully with his darker skin tone. You almost always find the man in a suit of some kind. He believes in dressing for success, to make a point of looking professional, especially having received the honor of being chosen as the headmaster for St. Vladimir’s Academy.

Personality: The Headmaster of St. Vladimir’s Academy takes his job very seriously. He has big shoes to fill, following in the footsteps of great headmasters and headmistresses of the past, Graham doesn’t take his duties lightly at all. He has seen a lot in his long life and is glad to finally have a place where he can settle down for a while and find another purpose in life, guiding young Damphir’s and Moroi toward bright and promising futures. During school hours, he is all business. Graham really frowns upon disrespect, and won’t hesitate to dish out the appropriate punishment. Sadly, he doesn’t have any children of his own, so he looks at the students of the Academy as though they were his children.

He keeps most of his personality hidden. He doesn’t believe it appropriate to act any way other than professional being around the student population. He has a reputation to uphold and knows that the Royal council is always watching. He enjoys running, reading, and is a pretty darn good dancer too. He doesn’t talk a lot about his past, but most of the vampire community know of his accomplishments and successes. Behind closed doors, he is a bit more relaxed, but is more of a rule follower than probably anyone you will ever meet. Graham may seem boring; truthfully he is far from it.

History: Raised as the oldest of four by Richard Shaw and Victoria Shaw (Lazar) he grew up in a proud and successful family. His mother owned several estates and his father was a guardian until a fight ended up putting him in early retirement. He started to manage a lot of Damphir-ran businesses up and down the continental east coast. Despite having a privileged upbringing, Graham never let himself become wrapped up in all of it. He enjoyed the simple things in life, and chose to walk away from the riches when his parents didn’t want him to enroll in St. Vladimir’s originally, he finally convinced them saying that he needed to find his own path in life. He didn’t want to live like a spoiled rich brat under with his parent’s wealth surrounding him forever.

Instead, Graham focused on his studies and while he was an average guardian-in-training in the beginning, his enthusiasm more than made up for his faults. He loved to socialize as a youth, sneaking off to parties, flirting, and generally enjoying his time at St. Vladimir’s Academy. Once he graduated, he was assigned to guard a royal member of the Drozdov family. He spent several years with the Drozdov family until he was transferred to St. Vladimir’s to guard over the school for four years and then left the school once more to guard a member of the Badica family.

All throughout the world, Graham was renowned for his tactical genius when it came to planning defensive strategies and escape plans. On several occasions he had saved the lives of not only the Moroi he was protecting, but fellow Guardians as well. He has slain more Strigoi than he can count on two hands twice over. For that he was given a Zvezda mark along with the several Molnija marks he already had previously tattooed on his back. Needless to say he was feared by Strigoi (which is not something easily accomplished when trying to put fear in a nearly fearless creature).

Within the past three years he was asked to come act as an interim headmaster for St. Vladimir’s while the current headmistress had taken a leave of absence to deal with family issues. The woman was found slain weeks later when Strigoi raided a well-known Moroi and Damphir meeting point on the west coast. After much deliberation, Graham was asked to take over the position full time and become the new headmaster of St. Vladimir’s. Reluctant at first, he was never one to turn down a challenge, and to him, it was another challenge to face.