Players needed! For a RP set in the Strike Witches Universe. (Always recruiting!

Started by Mac84, September 10, 2011, 07:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac84

In the Year 1939, A Alien race known as the Neuroi has descended onto Humanity. Their power overwhelming, Humanity finds itself on the losing end of this fight. Witches, Female Magic users, seem to be the only means possible in combating this Foe. Along with the power of the Striker Units. Witches from all the nations come together to fight.

A Large Neuroi Hive has appeared in the middle of The Pacific Ocean, Far enough away from Land that conventional land based Fighters and Witches are ineffective. So the SWTF (Strike Witches Task Force) is comprised of Naval assets from around the Globe. Their Flagship, The USS Yorktown, a USL (United States of Liberion) Carrier will be the floating base for the brave witches that will fight in the pacific.

Where as the Series largely takes place in Europe. This RP will Take place in the Pacific. Threatening the Nations of Fuso (Japan), USL, and others.

I would like a Male and Female Players. Witches (in the RP) are female. Guys if you want to play a witch that is fine.  Along with Strike Witches, there are slots for conventional Fighter Pilots/ship crew.

Here is my On's and Off's to see if your interested.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=118857.msg5186094#new

I look forward to see who is interested.

Mac84

For those Interested, This would be your character sheet. The Countries in the Strike witches world are different than ours.

USA=USL (United States of Liberion)
Japan=Fuso
United Kingdom=Great Britannia
France=Galia
Germany: Karlsland
Spain: Hispania
Russia: Orussia
Finland: Suomus
and So on

Since the Attack of the Nueroi has devastated large sections of the Earth. The World Map looks drastically different. Here is a link the Strike Witches World Map from Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:StrikeWitchesWorldMap.JPG

Character Profile:

Name:
Nationality:
Physical Description
Demeanor:
Background:
Rank/Occupation

(Witches Features)

Abilities: Each strike witches seems to have one special ability. Barkhorn was strength, Miyafugi was healing, Sonja was Radar and Shirley's was speed.

Weapon: What is your main battle weapon: ex. Shirley's is a Browning Automatic Rifle (B.A.R) In .30 M1 caliber.

Striker Unit: What aircraft is your Striker Unit based off of. Biship's is a Spitfire, Miyafugi is a Zero, Shirley's is the P51 Mustang, etc.

what animal traits do you display when using magic? When witches use magic. They have a slightly transformed state with Ears and A tail. Be they fox, dog, cat, etc.

If your interested please hit me up.

Sessha

I hope you don't mind if I repost this character from the old game.

Name: Jennifer "Jenna" Doolittle
Country of Origin: Liberion
Military Branch (Army/Navy): Navy
Military Rank: Captain
Time Served: 7
Unit before the 501st: Librion Third Fleet, Carrier Enterprise
Year of Assignment to 501st: 1942
Ace Base:  Lieutenant Colonel James "Jimmy" Doolittle
Striker Base: Grunmen F6F Hellcat
Animal Base: Timber Wolf
Special Magical Ability: Jet Stream. As Jenna flies thorugh the air she gathers air along her hands and then flings the compressed razor sharp air at her target as either a slash effect or a torpedo type attack. In addtion to being an empath.

Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Major Major

I'll post up my character in the morning, after I've gotten some sleep.

pendarious

I'll post a character when I can think of what I want to do with one
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Major Major

Name: Collen Falkland Gray
Sex: Female
Nationality: Dominion of New Friesland (New Zealand)
Physical Description: A busty tanned girl standing about 5’7, has grey eyes and dark-coloured hair in a long ponytail reaching her mid-back. Missing the tip of one ear.
Demeanor:Laid-back and magnanimous on the ground, in the air a very aggressive pilot, almost excessively in some specific cases.
Background: Your typical good-natured Kiwi girl, raised on a farm in the King Country. Learned self-reliance down on the Farm, which has served her well so far.
Rank/Occupation: Witch, RNFAF (Royal New Friesland Air Force) Flight Lieutenant

(Witches Features)

Abilities: Meteor Flare- A high-speed dive, shrouded in flames.

Weapon: Charleton Automatic Rifle, in .303 British; also carries a 9mm Browning Hi-Power semi-automatic pistol

Striker Unit: Mk IIA Spitfire

Animal Familiar: Black and white Border Collie

Usual Outfit: Tropical RAF tunic, half unbuttoned to show off her cleavage; slouch hat pulled down over eyes for shade.
=======
How's this look, bossman?

pendarious

Name: Paula Tibbets
Nationality: United States of Liberion

Physical description: a girl of average height (5 feet 5 inches), pale skin,  ash colored hair that stops in the middle of her back, she has a high B-cup almost C-Cup bust

Demeanor: Paula is Lazy, cynical, and snarky but she's a loyal friend

Background: she was born in Quincy Illinois but was raised in ceader rapids Iowa. She spent most of her time helping her parents run a confectionary store. when she discovered she was a witch she went to the western military academy. It was in the academy that she discovered she was not very good with knives. During a training exercise she accidentally managed to slice open her own left palm which she still sports the scar from.  She then joined up with R&D working on types of striker units. She would eventually be moved to active duty where she was placed with the 509th composite group. here she proved her skills and was moved to the 308th bomber wing. from here should be transferred to the strike force aboard the U.S.S. Yorktown

Rank/ Occupation: Lieutinant Colonel, Night witch

Witches Features:

Ability: Composite Strike- an ability discovered while she was the composite group. She collects magic into a sphere and then throws or drops depending on her position as opposed to her target this sphere causing a powerful explosion. The longer this attack is charged up the more damage it will do. If charged for more than 10 minutes this ability reaches Nuclear capacity (In honor of the Atomic bomb dropped by Paul Tibbets in 1945) however this is an exceedingly risky maneuver as it has the potential to either drain her magic or kill everything within the blast radius.  this ability is rarely charged beyond 30 seconds which give an explosive force equivalent to that of a standard bazooka shell.

Weapon: Browning M2 .50 Calibur

Striker Unit: B-29 Super Fortress

Familiar: Bald Eagle

NOTE: as a night witch she has the glowing radar thing.

Secondary NOTE: just tell if you want anything changed and i'll gladly do so.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Mac84

Excellent, Great charactors.

Pendarious, I have a question. With your charactor utilizing a B-29 Superfortress. Does that mean you want to play a Ground attack role? Also I figured that the Plane your striker unit is based off denotes the attributes of the Striker unit. While you have great range and be able to carry a large payload. you would be hampered in maneuverability. Just a thought, If you still wish for the Superfortress, that is fine. But thank you for bringing it up. I forgot mention.

Please No jets just yet. Depending on how this goes. They may be introduced later as an R/D scenario.

Here is a Link to our Charactor and OOC Discussion Thread. Please post your charactors here.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=119083.msg5197805#msg5197805

The Title is only a working one and if you have suggestions. Feel Free to let me know.

Thank you. 

Sessha

Ok here's a properly created Character for this game.

Name: Jennifer "Jenna" Doolittle
Nationality: United States of Liberion

Physical Description: Jenna is a tall witch standing at roughly 5'9 and she like all Liberion women have a rather large chest. While it's not as big as Shirley's it's not too far off the mark. She has long brown hair that she keeps held back in a ponytail and a set of deep sapphire blue eyes.

Demeanor: Thoughtful, whimsical, Loyal, courageous and gentle of nature. In the air she's a fighter and a scapper.

Background: Jenna was born in Alameda, California and lived there until she was three when her family moved to Nome, Alaska.  This would prove to be a defining decsion in Jenna's life. Her family live near the outskirts of Nome and some of Jenna's early friends and influences were the local Inuit populations. This is where she learned about Shamenism and how it's connections to the world. She listened to old witches of the region talk about them and how they were part of a greater circle. That each person was a personification and embodiment of the elements. Along with being a different person ethinic backround than those around her Jenna was also rather short for age so she was bullied by other kids in the local Inuit children for being short. So as a consequence she learned how to fight and defend herself from a young age. But with the teachings of Inuit shamenism she learned to be fair and gracious in her fights. When her family left Nome when she was fourteen. she never forgot these early lessons in life and they would guide her spiritual and moral nature for the rest of her life. Jenna's powers first manifested when she twelve during a particularly blizzard in which her family had been caught in on a drive back to thier home from a town meeting. The snow was raging all around them do to the high winds whipping it into a frenzy. They were in danger of running out of gas and dieing from the cold. In a moment of desparation Jenna looked out the window into the raging torrent of snow and wind and she remember the teachings of the local Inuit and offered a prayer to the spirits of water and air asking for thier aid to get out. As if the words left her mouth she felt an uprushing of power from within her and the wind suddenly began to abait around the car. Her parents in the front seat were shocked by the sudden appearence of light in thier darkend car. Her mother turned to look back to see Jenna had manifest a witch's familer. Without even thinking Jenna extended her hand and the wind abaited enough for her dad to see the road and they were to make it home safely. As they pulled into their home Jenna collapsed from magical exahaustign.  As Jenna awoke her folks took her to the Inuit village elder and had her show her her familer. The old witch smiled and nodded her head to her folks request, she would help Jenna develope her powers. Jenna learned to control her powers from that old witch. But one day as she listened to the old witch talk of an old story Jenna manifested her familer again. She could feel the the strong emotions the old witch experenced. She found she could feel the emotions attached to the strong memory of the story. She told the old witch what she was experencing when she was asked why she had manifested and she told her. The old witch smiled again. "You are powerful young one." was all she said to her. Soon enough she was teaching Jenna the old ways of Shamenism. During one of her familes trips around the state Jenna found a very beautiful blue gem in one of the quarries. Jenna kepte the gem because it looked beautiful and it's blue color appealed to her. When she showed the stone to the old witch who she had come to know as Tupilek which in thier langague means shamen saw the stone and heard how she had found the stone and nodded her head. "Today you shall learn the ways of spirit." she said. With her help and over the course of the year Jenna learned to make a spirit pendent. A spirit pendent is one where the wearer imparts a very minute portion of thier soul into the pendent. When she left Nome for California the old woman had pronuonced Jenna to be a Shamen and one of great power. When she attended the exhibition air meet for the USL's new witch core Jenna was immeditely enamored by them. She joined up with them the next day and none to soon as the second Neuroi war broke out six months later. The same tenacity she used when she was a fighter in Nome she brough to the skies as a combat witch. Jenna saw action against neruoi in Europe, Asia and the South Pacific where she was instramental in destroying one of the hives. She was then assigned to the witch taskforce in the Pacific.

Rank/Occupation: Captain/Dog fighter witch

(Witches Features)

Abilities: Jenna has the ability to control wind and use it to either for a slashing attack or torpedo like attack. She calls this attack "Jet Stream." She is also an empath witch which allows for her to feel others emotions as well as others to feel hers.

Weapon: Browning Automatic Rifle (B.A.R) In .30 M1 caliber. And when needed for heavy attack missions a Browning M2 .50 Calibur machine gun.

Striker Unit: Grumen F6F Hellcat

what animal traits do you display when using magic? Jenna gains the features of a timber wolf

Mac84

This is a bump so that others may have a chance to look this thread over.

The Story Thread will be started Thursday night so long as none of the other players request otherwise.

Mac84

This is a test Bump.

Had this been an actual emergency bump. Instructions would follow this Bump. However this is only a test.

This has been a test of the Emergency bump system.

WhiteTigerForever

This looks really interesting.  I'll have to research it more but it sounds great!
Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

pendarious

*laughs* Strike Witches is an interesting universe...if you can get past the fan service and actually pay attention to the plot

Sessha

WhiteTigerForever

Mac put this together, right?.. and he's out for a bit until he get his computer up and running.. right?  I still need to research and study it a bit more to grasp the universe and the characters used/needed... etc.. but yea..:D

oh and where is you O.C.C. thread, character thread and story thread?  I see the character applicants in here... ???

wait.. your submitting your characters in the interest check thread?  Ok. and there can and should be male witches but are called warlocks... lol, but I don't know if Mac is basing this off a book series or his active mind.  Do share if you can... thanks

Major Major

Well,  according to the canon fluff, male Witches do exist, but they are incredably rare, and one assumes, relatively average in power.

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: Major Major on October 10, 2011, 12:45:41 AM
Well,  according to the canon fluff, male Witches do exist, but they are incredably rare, and one assumes, relatively average in power.

I am still confused, even more by that statement.. so does this mean it is from a book series then?  One must understand the parameters set in the universe of the game...XD... said by Confusion, Oct/10/2011.. lmao  .. and this is freestyle right?

can you pm me the links for the character applicants.. other applicants../characters, the O.C.C. Thread and such?

Mac84

The RP is based on the anime. But where the anime is based in europe. This is based in the pacific. I have not had chance to read the book series, but i want to.

Sine Im post using my iPod touch, I am some what limited. There is a link to the OCC and character thread immediately after Pendarious introduces Paula tibbit

Snake

BTW you realize canonically; witches LOST power as they grew older. that's why they all look like bloody Lolis.

pendarious

first of all what's wrong with lolis? *is a major fan of anime like Shakugan No Shana, Zero No Tsukaima, To Aru Majutsu No Index, To Aru Kagaku No Railgun, and Toradora*

Secondly: at least three of us are aware of the fact that witches power diminish as they age and the anime makes that a major angsting point for Major Sakamoto. However they also make a point of saying that witches power can still be of use well into their life as is examplified by Yoshika's mother and grandmother in episode 1 of both seasons and by the elder witch Anna (i think her name was) in season 2.

Thirdly: not all witches look like loli's I mean look at Eila, Minna, Gertrude, Shirley (biggest example of non-loli) maybe most of them do fit the age group for loli's but some of them definitely don't fit the height, or chest size qualifications for it.

Finally: was that the only thing you had to say? I mean if your going to post in a thread just to make a remark like that then there isn't much point in doing it at all unless of course your interested in joining the game and are trying to make sure that other people who join the game are aware of something like power depletion with age. Of course the animation style may have a lot to do with their appearance as well.

Snake

No I just wanted to say it :3

I'm actually interested in it but I'm not too up on the actual tech involved in it. Aeronautics has never been my strong point in terms of knowledge.  And you're right, doesn't mean any RP has to be bound by canon 100%...

pendarious

ah...well I didn't mean to sound like an ass....

anyway I'm not all that familiar with tech of the witches world either Aeronautics was never something i've been good with either. I'm more familiar with the armor (Ie. tanks, trucks, and cars) and ships as well as inftantry and artillary. since it's all WW II era equipment researching the stuff isn't all that hard.

Snake

hmm means I can have Jet engine style striker units. since those came out about that time in history. XD Though I"m not sure yet who I want to play, male or female (thoug hI did read tha tmale warlocks (the term for male witches) are rare.

Major Major

Just one thing, Snake; Jet Strikers were tested in the second season, but proved to be unreliable, due to excessive magical drain on the Witch wearing them. Trude used an experimental set based on the Me-262 to chase down a Neuroi, but passed out after destroying it from magical exhaustion.

pendarious

yeah there is that....but there are also tank witches/warlocks their equipment is rather unique in my opinion