Marvel's Defenders: Street-Level Heroes (Started, but room for more!)

Started by Mathim, April 07, 2016, 09:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lithium

Sooo, should I be looking for a new character? Not really sure what's going on anymore.  O.o

TheBlackThrone

You guys should pick the character you want and play it. Adapt as the game requires you to. It'll make your lives easier because as it has already been said. What is going to determine whether you have fun or not is you, the writer over all. I've seen writers leave games for other reasons unrelated to the character they chose or how strong/weak he or she was. So I really wouldn't worry about it and just focus on having a good time and interacting with others.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Mathim

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 10, 2016, 06:30:14 PM
You guys should pick the character you want and play it. Adapt as the game requires you to. It'll make your lives easier because as it has already been said. What is going to determine whether you have fun or not is you, the writer over all. I've seen writers leave games for other reasons unrelated to the character they chose or how strong/weak he or she was. So I really wouldn't worry about it and just focus on having a good time and interacting with others.

I think, as you put it, just avoid being a Mary Sue or Gary Stu and it should all work out. Games aren't fun if they aren't challenging.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

eternaldarkness

Cloak
Player Name: Eternaldarkness
Character Name/Alias: Tyrone Johnson/Cloak
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 155 lbs.
Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance:
Face Claim: Michael Ealy

Quote: "Farewell, priest. We leave you with your prayers. Use them to convince evil men to do good....because if you don't, I will soon find them." -Cloak

Background:
Raised in a poor South Boston neighborhood, Tyrone Johnson was a good student despite his chronic stutter, a disability he struggled to master with the support of his best friend, Billy. When Tyrone was 17, he and Billy witnessed the robbery of a local store and the fatal shooting of its clerk. The thieves fled, and Billy ran as well, fearing that he and Tyrone might be wrongly suspected of the crime. When a policeman ordered Billy to stop, Tyrone tried to proclaim Billy's innocence, but his stuttering made it impossible to speak clearly, and the officer shot Billy dead. Feeling responsible for Billy's death and afraid of the police, Johnson ran away to New York City.

Arriving at Manhattan's Port Authority Bus Terminal, a penniless Tyrone considered robbing Tandy Bowen, a rich girl who had also run away from home; yet when someone else robbed her first, Tyrone impulsively tackled the thief and returned Tandy's purse. The two teens became fast friends. When the naïve Tandy accepted an offer of shelter from some strange men, a wary Tyrone went along to protect her; however, the two teens were soon forcibly delivered to criminal chemist Dr. Simon Marshall.

Marshall was developing a new synthetic heroin called D-Lite, for the Maggia, testing it on runaway teens with fatal results. Johnson and Bowen in some way survived the injections of the drug, and they fled. During their escape, Tyrone found himself engulfed in darkness and seized by a strange hunger which eased in the presence of Tandy, who was glowing with a brilliant light. Trying to hide his newly shadowy appearance in a makeshift cloak, Tyrone began absorbing Marshall's thugs into his darkness while Tandy struck them down with daggers of light. The two teens dubbed themselves Cloak & Dagger and declared war on drug crime. Tyrone is unswervingly loyal to Tandy.

Brief summary of abilities/Skills:
Cloak's body is a portal to the "Darkforce Dimension," a world of strange ebony energy. Cloak is linked to a pocket realm of that dimension dominated by the Predator, which compels Cloak to absorb the life forces of other beings; but Dagger's light can temporarily satisfy this craving.

Cloak can channel Darkforce to create a field of darkness filled with horrifying tendrils and indistinct monstrous images in his general vicinity. People enveloped by Cloak's darkness see disturbing visions of their worst fears and are assaulted by the monstrous tendrils within. Overlong exposure to the darkness can drive people insane, and unprotected victims trapped in Cloak's dark realm are gradually drained of their life force, and presumably die unless Cloak releases them. Dagger's light renders her largely immune to Cloak's darkness and seems to pacify the monsters within, and she can extend her light to protect others within Cloak's darkness if need be.

Cloak can travel rapidly and move through solid objects by entering the Darkforce dimension, moving a short distance within it and emerging back on Earth an equivalent distance from his point of origin. By absorbing them into his darkness, Cloak can carry other persons or objects along with himself in this fashion, too, a feat usually reserved for Dagger since most beings cannot safely traverse the Darkforce. Cloak could potentially carry dozens or even hundreds of people at once, but such an effort would leave him considerably weakened and might even prove fatal.

Weaknesses:
Cloak feels a constant hunger which must be fed by life energy, which is akin to the light of a soul. Dagger is one of the only possible sources of this energy and she regularly "feeds" him with her light bolts. Other sources of light don't work, and if Cloak is exposed to too much pure light energy, it will temporarily completely sate his hunger and he will revert back into his human form briefly. While in human form he has no access to his powers.

Established Relationships: Partner of Dagger.
Desired Ons/Wishlist: None in particular. I like a lot of things.
Absolute No-Nos: Bathroom stuff.

Lithium

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 06:46:54 PM
Cloak

Here's a smaller version of your character portrait if you wanna use it, it's kinda hard to see properly when it's 3 times the size of the screen. :P

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Lithium on April 10, 2016, 06:55:08 PM
Here's a smaller version of your character portrait if you wanna use it, it's kinda hard to see properly when it's 3 times the size of the screen. :P

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Hmm, i thought i'd sized it down a lot. I'll drop it some more.

Edit: Also, altered his powers a bit, dropping the enhanced strength for...tentacles.

Mathim

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 06:46:54 PM
Cloak
Player Name: Eternaldarkness
Character Name/Alias: Tyrone Johnson/Cloak
Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance:

Quote: "When I put on the cloak, I let my darkness come out."

Background:
Raised in a poor South Boston neighborhood, Tyrone Johnson was a good student despite his chronic stutter, a disability he struggled to master with the support of his best friend, Billy. When Tyrone was 17, he and Billy witnessed the robbery of a local store and the fatal shooting of its clerk. The thieves fled, and Billy ran as well, fearing that he and Tyrone might be wrongly suspected of the crime. When a policeman ordered Billy to stop, Tyrone tried to proclaim Billy's innocence, but his stuttering made it impossible to speak clearly, and the officer shot Billy dead. Feeling responsible for Billy's death and afraid of the police, Johnson ran away to New York City.

Arriving at Manhattan's Port Authority Bus Terminal, a penniless Tyrone considered robbing Tandy Bowen, a rich girl who had also run away from home; yet when someone else robbed her first, Tyrone impulsively tackled the thief and returned Tandy's purse. The two teens became fast friends. When the naïve Tandy accepted an offer of shelter from some strange men, a wary Tyrone went along to protect her; however, the two teens were soon forcibly delivered to criminal chemist Dr. Simon Marshall.

Marshall was developing a new synthetic heroin called D-Lite, for the Maggia, testing it on runaway teens with fatal results. Johnson and Bowen in some way survived the injections of the drug, and they fled. During their escape, Tyrone found himself engulfed in darkness and seized by a strange hunger which eased in the presence of Tandy, who was glowing with a brilliant light. Trying to hide his newly shadowy appearance in a makeshift cloak, Tyrone began absorbing Marshall's thugs into his darkness while Tandy struck them down with daggers of light. The two teens dubbed themselves Cloak & Dagger and declared war on drug crime. Tyrone is unswervingly loyal to Tandy.

Cloak's body is a portal to the "Darkforce Dimension," a world of strange ebony energy. Cloak is linked to a pocket realm of that dimension dominated by the Predator, which compels Cloak to absorb the life forces of other beings; but Dagger's light can temporarily satisfy this craving.

Cloak can channel Darkforce to create a field of darkness filled with horrifying tendrils and indistinct monstrous images in his general vicinity. People enveloped by Cloak's darkness see disturbing visions of their worst fears and are assaulted by the monstrous tendrils within. Overlong exposure to the darkness can drive people insane, and unprotected victims trapped in Cloak's dark realm are gradually drained of their life force, and presumably die unless Cloak releases them. Dagger's light renders her largely immune to Cloak's darkness and seems to pacify the monsters within, and she can extend her light to protect others within Cloak's darkness if need be.

Cloak can travel rapidly and move through solid objects by entering the Darkforce dimension, moving a short distance within it and emerging back on Earth an equivalent distance from his point of origin. By absorbing them into his darkness, Cloak can carry other persons or objects along with himself in this fashion, too, a feat usually reserved for Dagger since most beings cannot safely traverse the Darkforce. Cloak could potentially carry dozens or even hundreds of people at once, but such an effort would leave him considerably weakened and might even prove fatal.

Established Relationships: Partner of Dagger.
Desired Ons/Wishlist: None in particular. I like a lot of things.
Absolute No-Nos: Bathroom stuff.

Excelsior, good sir! And what was the name of the face claim, again?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Lithium

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 06:55:47 PM
Hmm, i thought i'd sized it down a lot. I'll drop it some more.

Edit: Also, altered his powers a bit, dropping the enhanced strength for...tentacles.

It's like 3400x4500 pixels or something if you click to enlarge it, hehe.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Lithium on April 10, 2016, 06:58:05 PM
It's like 3400x4500 pixels or something, hehe.

Fixed, and thanks for the much smaller pic :)

I actually like this version of cloak a lot better. He doesn't teleport or insta-win fights passively, he just goes all ghosty and moves around, pops up and snatches your ass into the Dimension of Tentacle Violation, then spits you out alive, but disturbed. And he punches stuff.

TheBlackThrone

I've been slowly writing down relations. If anyone thinks their character will have known The Punisher or want any pre-relations let me know. If you can't think of any, then it's no big deal. There will inevitably be some once the game starts.  :-)
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

If you were still interested in Misty Knight and nobody else wants to play Iron Fist, I'll be your Huckleberry.  ;)

*muah*!

I should have a bio up soon.

@TheBlackThrone it's so nice to see you on the other side of the comic universe ;)

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Mathim

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 10, 2016, 07:01:05 PM
I've been slowly writing down relations. If anyone thinks their character will have known The Punisher or want any pre-relations let me know. If you can't think of any, then it's no big deal. There will inevitably be some once the game starts.  :-)

Well even if he doesn't know anyone, they will surely know him if only by reputation. But he should at least know Daredevil, whose reputation should also precede him due to newspaper notoriety. Mostly everybody else will have remained under the radar unless they explicitly want to have gained a bit of publicity.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 10, 2016, 07:01:05 PM

Cloak and Dagger are both infamous for occasionally going solo, moreso Dagger than Cloak, but i could see Cloak having run across or even teamed up with the Punisher or Blade a time or two in the pursuit of especially loathsome criminals (or vampires).

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 10, 2016, 07:01:51 PM
*muah*!

I should have a bio up soon.

@TheBlackThrone it's so nice to see you on the other side of the comic universe ;)

I go both ways baby.  8-)
The gates are open

Mathim

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 07:06:21 PM
Cloak and Dagger are both infamous for occasionally going solo, moreso Dagger than Cloak, but i could see Cloak having run across or even teamed up with the Punisher or Blade a time or two in the pursuit of especially loathsome criminals (or vampires).

This should be the first appearance of vampires in New York, at least the first one any of our non-Blade heroes has encountered, and the police have not yet encountered any victims who seemed to have had all their blood drained or anything like that.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Mathim on April 10, 2016, 07:03:53 PM
Well even if he doesn't know anyone, they will surely know him if only by reputation. But he should at least know Daredevil, whose reputation should also precede him due to newspaper notoriety. Mostly everybody else will have remained under the radar unless they explicitly want to have gained a bit of publicity.

Oh yeah. He KNOWS Daredevil lol. I was saving the "best" relation for last. They will continue to butt heads over how he handles criminals, and it'll be alll right. He has enough tranqs to put him down if he keeps insisting on getting in his way.  ::)

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 07:06:21 PM

I thought Cloak was like...reliant on Dagger's presence otherwise he'll leech off whomever lol. She was like the only one who he could endlessly leech off of without having to worry about her dying. I mean...I'm not against this relation as long as he leeches off of Blade.  He's immortal he can handle it. ::)
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

Misty is definitely going to have a Foxy Brown type of vibe going.

Mathim

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 10, 2016, 07:21:11 PM
Misty is definitely going to have a Foxy Brown type of vibe going.

Hawt. I'm eager to see the face claim, if it's not the one they cast for Luke Cage's show.

Sirian Eve

Mathim

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 10, 2016, 07:30:19 PM
It won't be lol

I figured not. I was clear that that was okay, right? So nobody has to feel obligated to stick with MCU actors if they don't want to. I'm sure as shit not using Finn Jones if I play Iron Fist.

Sirian Eve

My tentative profile...I'm just going to leave it here.. I'll edit later. :)

Player Name: Sirian Eve

Character Name/Alias: Mercedes Misty Knight

Orientation:

Harlem native who came from a reputable line of law enforcement officers. She had been serving on the NYPD force for several years until a stray bomb attack had caused severe damage to her arm. Making the tough decision to get her arm amputated, Misty was then given a replacement  bionic arm made by Stark Industries. This allowed her to get back to working on the force, but only for a short time. Working for the state came with too much red tape so she opened up her own detective agency firm called Nightwing Investigations LTD.

Appearance (Real-world face claim and comic book image if possible):

Face Claim: Tika Sumpter

Misty Knight is highly skilled in martial arts and is a proficient hand-to-hand combatant, with police combat training. She also has near-perfect aim with firearms, and possesses superb detective skills. Her bionic arm is 75 times superhumanly stronger than a normal arm, and she can punch a target with incredible force, or crush objects as tough as steel in her vise-like grip. However, since the rest of her body is not cybernetically enhanced, she cannot lift objects heavier than her back, shoulders, and legs can physically support. Her arm's advantages as a weapon are limited to kinetic crushing and impact forces. Misty is also a gifted detective due to her time on the force.

To summarize:

Marksmanship-
Super strong-
Intellect-
Agile-
Attitude-

Established Relationships (where applicable):

Luke Cage-

Daniel Rand-
Jessica Jones- Met the chick while still working on the force. Thought she was brash and a bit of mess. Still impressed that Jones had more balls than the entire  police force sometimes.  Inspired by her to get out from under all that red tape. Paths have crossed more than once.  She's asked Jones for help on several cases while covering her ass when that police file was being made. Now they partner up from time to time and have become good friends.  Misty also has no problem knocking back a few bottles with her either.

Desired Ons/Wishlist: Rough, passionate, biting, licking, clawing, scratching, back seat of the car, high rise condo type action. Check O/O's

Absolute No-Nos: Anything that goes down the drain.

eternaldarkness

Mm, i do love Misty when she's well-written. I look forward to seeing your take on her, eve. Now all we need is a Colleen Wing, and the street-level heroes will be nearly complete.

Mathim

I still need the names of your face claims. I like keeping track of actors or models who look like comic book characters come to life.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Mathim on April 10, 2016, 10:24:24 PM
I still need the names of your face claims. I like keeping track of actors or models who look like comic book characters come to life.

Mine is Michael Ealy. I added it to the sheet.

Mathim

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 10:31:42 PM
Mine is Michael Ealy. I added it to the sheet.

Groovy. I have to work most of the day tomorrow but I'll try to sneak online and check up on this thread.