Our Colorful Neighborhood - LGBT+/GSRM Sandbox (Accepting 3 M/FtM)

Started by Lyron, June 18, 2015, 06:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaGa88

You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

MaverickKane

Quote from: Haru329 on June 23, 2015, 06:23:22 PM
Something told me you were the someone Nic was referring to. ;) Take your time. And thanks for letting me mimic the character sheet you're using in Speakeasy.

Oh, your welcome. I think I am going to send you what I have so far for my cs, just for a look over.

Elf

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on June 23, 2015, 04:07:33 PM
Hmm... I'm interested, I'll see if I can come up with a good concept and find myself a faceclaim ^^
Welcome, Reaper, I think Maria looks great.

Quote from: Chrystal on June 23, 2015, 04:16:02 PM
Hmm.

Dunno. I'll have to think on it, read Dmitri's history more carefully. Flirting is fine, and Maggie will simply state that she prefers kippers!

There is one possibility that might work and that is having the tat be a work in progress, with the image I posted being what it will look like when it's finished? What do you think?

Making the cobra a work in progress is a great idea, he would work on it for as long as she could take the pain and pick it up again when she is ready. His response to her statement would be to say, "That's cool, so do I, doesn't mean I can't enjoy sausage every once in a while though." From there though he would simply be just friendly for the most part, with some friendly tease flirting.

Quote from: GaGa88 on June 23, 2015, 04:25:19 PM
I think Dmitri's gonna have some jobs lined up, lol, Kat's not done with the canvas that is her body yet!

Awesome! Kat is such a lovely canvas too.

Lyron

ReaperDouble0 - What GaGa said - I like her. She looks like a great character so far (I only say "so far" since you said there might be some tweaking later). This will probably sound weird, but I like her slight homophobia. Maybe it's just because of one site (not E) that colors this perception, but it doesn't seem common for that kind of thing to be implemented in roleplays that are LGBT-friendly, so it's a bit refreshing in a way, and it'll be fun to watch her grow.

If you want constructive criticism, I might suggest maybe come up with one more trait since it sounds like the homophobic one isn't going to have as much permanence as what the other ones might, but that's certainly not a must.

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

Nico

Quote from: Haru329 on June 23, 2015, 06:23:22 PM
Yeah, I keep adding things for Brad and Adam, too.
Something told me you were the someone Nic was referring to. ;) Take your time. And thanks for letting me mimic the character sheet you're using in Speakeasy.
I hear you! The moment my characters come to live, I edit like crazy because they just grow and bloom. And they grow even more while actually writing them. I am certain that Alejàndro will surprise me sooner or later.. or give me a headache. Or both. ;D

Bwahaha. Of course. I love writing with Kane. :P

MaverickKane

Diego Miguel De La Fuente

Diego Miguel De La Fuente

Basics

Nicknames: None
Sex: Male
Birthday: August, 16th
Race/Ethnicity: Hispanic – Father's side descendants of Fuente from Spain. Mother's side descendants of Rosa from Spain. Though both sides of his family live in and are citizens of the United States, including himself. Spanish-American as it were.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Residence: The Kensington – 2507 if possible (Work residence, when he's not back home in San Francisco.)

Appearance

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Height: 6'2
Distinguishing Marks: Tribal Heart tattoo resemblance of the sun, as well as orange Hibiscus arranged from shoulder to a little below his elbow, on his right arm.
Other Details:
- Always keeps a trimmed/groomed short beard.
- Stays physically fit, has muscle to show for it.
- Naturally bronze/tan.
- Very Expressive features

Personality

Traits:
- Difficult to please
- High expectations
- Arrogant
- Domineering
- Obsessive
- Pompous
- Aloof
- Professional
- Impatient
- Adventurous
- Ambitious
- Careful
- Passionate
- Charming
- Creative
- Decisive
- Determined
- Diplomatic
- Fearless
- Frank
- Persistent
- Resourceful
- Confident

- Eating well
- Working out, cardio and weight lifting
- tattoos
- Reading
- Dancing
- Boating
- Fishing
- Sun bathing
- Good music (Classical and some blues and Jazz)
- Art
- Respect

Dislikes: - Disrespect
- Talking back models, throwing a tantrum
- Know-it-alls
- Drugs
- Some alcohol is okay but excess is unreasonable
- Dislikes being reminded how he is getting "old."
- Nagging
- Unnecessary foul language
- Jetlag
- Paparazzi
- Rumors

Character Ons: I would rather not put this on a sheet.
Character Offs:  I would rather not put this on a sheet.
Player O/Os: How to lure a Maverick

Biography

Agent for 'Chosen Management' modeling Agency for the past eight years.

He is originally from San Francisco, but his agency has recently moved their headquarters to the Chicago area.

He's been married for the past nine years. Back then it had been all over the papers, while Diego still had been walking the runway as an active model. Didn't happen a lot, after all, in a demanding, often shallow and fast-paced world, that someone would find a partner willing to deal with the absences of a partner, the stress, the paparazzi and actually settle down.

But - things are not as they used to be. Maybe it was the fact that he was gone a lot, jetting around the world to acquire new clients, meet up with already existing clients or just to make sure his employees (aka. models) were well settled within the fashion industry. Either way - Diego isn't at home a lot. This line of work hardly allows for much privacy, and many relationships end up as 'long distance', generally with an expiration date. The love between him and his wife, Alisa, has died out a while ago, so many hateful words and actions between them that it is inconsolable at this point.

So then, why do they stay together? Obligation, publicity, some misguided notion that something will change and some spark will ignite again? Many people say that it won't happen, that she already is sleeping around with other men, others say that she had taken herself a lawyer already for the divorce, and again others claim that his wife is jealous because of the constant rumor about him once again having an affair with one or the other of his models - male and female alike. Whatever it is - lately, the magazines once again are filled with gossip about his person.

There are these rumors that he's got a more than professional relation with one of his models. Is it true? Or is it some fiction pulled up by some tabloid to get people to talk? Gossip happens fast in the fashion world, and not everything that is said is the truth.

However, Diego isn't saying. When asked about his personal affairs, he simply lets it be known that it isn't polite. Either way, despite being behind the scenes in the modeling business, he is still a man of interest and celebrity in his own right. He is, himself a former model, after all and thus, his knowledge about the fashion world is huge. He certainly knows his way around, how to deal with photographers, eccentric fashion designers and aspiring, young and quite often bitchy models. And, most important - Diego knows how to make a good share. There was a lot of money to be made in this line of work for those knowing how to get it. There are still many who want to know what happened to this person, and Diego still holds quite some fame for himself. Some even say that he is one of the best model agents around (probably due to his vast knowledge and his excellent connections all over the world).

Relationships

Friends:
- Alisa  De la Fuente (Diego's estranged wife, NPC)
- Alejándro Carlos Contreras (He is Alejandro's Agent, but there are rumors that there is more going on)

Enemies:

Additional Details

More Pictures

MaverickKane

So here he is, though I have no doubt I will want to tweak his likes and dislikes at some point.

Thanks to Nicholas for helping me to work out some details.

Chrystal

It's not a poor neighbourhood by any means, is it? I mean everyone drives flash cars and rides flash bikes... *Calls the owners of Parker Commons to get a decent video surveillance system installed in the parking lot*

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Nico

Quote from: Chrystal on June 24, 2015, 03:30:19 AM
It's not a poor neighbourhood by any means, is it? I mean everyone drives flash cars and rides flash bikes... *Calls the owners of Parker Commons to get a decent video surveillance system installed in the parking lot*
Such systems are pretty much standard, anyways, nowadays. Not only because of theft, but for general security as well.

Chrystal

Quote from: Elf on June 23, 2015, 09:03:16 PM
Making the cobra a work in progress is a great idea, he would work on it for as long as she could take the pain and pick it up again when she is ready. His response to her statement would be to say, "That's cool, so do I, doesn't mean I can't enjoy sausage every once in a while though." From there though he would simply be just friendly for the most part, with some friendly tease flirting.

Cool, we'll go with that...

And the reply would probably be "Eeew, do you know what they put in sausages? I mean, seriously, it's all the bits of the animal that you really don't want to eat! Give me a nice juicy chicken breast any day!"

... Um, we were talking about food, weren't we?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Elf

Quote from: Chrystal on June 24, 2015, 03:30:19 AM

D got his bike used when first getting out of prison, so it was not overly expensive, he has just kept it so long and taken good care of it. Now it is barely vintage and hardly a classic. Next to his state of the art tattoo equipment it is easily his most expensive possession and his baby. Decent security is likely one of the reasons he chose Parker Commons for his home though.

Kane, Diego looks great.

Quote from: Chrystal on June 24, 2015, 03:46:53 AM
Cool, we'll go with that...

And the reply would probably be "Eeew, do you know what they put in sausages? I mean, seriously, it's all the bits of the animal that you really don't want to eat! Give me a nice juicy chicken breast any day!"

... Um, we were talking about food, weren't we?

*playful laugh* "Oh, but if done right all those bits and the right spices make for something rather tasty."

Yeah sure, we were talking about food, if you say so.  ;)

Lynnette

Quote from: Haru329 on June 23, 2015, 09:33:19 PM
ReaperDouble0 - What GaGa said - I like her. She looks like a great character so far (I only say "so far" since you said there might be some tweaking later). This will probably sound weird, but I like her slight homophobia. Maybe it's just because of one site (not E) that colors this perception, but it doesn't seem common for that kind of thing to be implemented in roleplays that are LGBT-friendly, so it's a bit refreshing in a way, and it'll be fun to watch her grow.

If you want constructive criticism, I might suggest maybe come up with one more trait since it sounds like the homophobic one isn't going to have as much permanence as what the other ones might, but that's certainly not a must.

Well, it's a bit different. I don't know how well I'll pull it off, I have no experience with being a homophobe, but I'll try my best to weave it in as well as I can ^^ She's not going to be some extremist gay-hater or anything, just a tiny bit of prejudice that'll get worn down over time. It probably won't extend further than making an insensitive comment or two going by stereotypes.

And I'll see what I can do ^^
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Nico

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on June 24, 2015, 08:31:27 AM
Well, it's a bit different. I don't know how well I'll pull it off, I have no experience with being a homophobe, but I'll try my best to weave it in as well as I can ^^ She's not going to be some extremist gay-hater or anything, just a tiny bit of prejudice that'll get worn down over time. It probably won't extend further than making an insensitive comment or two going by stereotypes.
That's gotta be awesome! ~snickerfits~ I'm quite curious to see what she will think of my Alejàndro! Bwahaha! He must seem like the epitome of stereotype for her! ~ish highly amused~

Elf

Quote from: Nicholas on June 24, 2015, 09:01:50 AM
That's gotta be awesome! ~snickerfits~ I'm quite curious to see what she will think of my Alejàndro! Bwahaha! He must seem like the epitome of stereotype for her! ~ish highly amused~

That definitely has potential to be an interesting encounter.

Nico

Quote from: Elf on June 24, 2015, 09:08:34 AM
That definitely has potential to be an interesting encounter.
Of course.

I mean, let's face it. He's male. He is a fashion whore. He's a model on top of it. ~laughs~ That just screams stereotype - especially to people with prejudices. Even if someone does not know that he is gay I can see comments like "Oh, he must be a homo, with THAT job." It's a pretty common prejudice, after all, that each male model or each man in that industry must gay.

Lynnette

Quote from: Nicholas on June 24, 2015, 09:12:45 AM
Of course.

I mean, let's face it. He's male. He is a fashion whore. He's a model on top of it. ~laughs~ That just screams stereotype - especially to people with prejudices. Even if someone does not know that he is gay I can see comments like "Oh, he must be a homo, with THAT job." It's a pretty common prejudice, after all, that each male model or each man in that industry must gay.

Well, let's face it, gay men dress better than straight men. This isn't meant to be some gay-propaganda thing, I'm not going by stereotypes, this is solemnly my experience with gay/bi men, they just seem to know how to dress well for any given situation xD
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Nico

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on June 24, 2015, 09:14:36 AM
Well, let's face it, gay men dress better than straight men. This isn't meant to be some gay-propaganda thing, I'm not going by stereotypes, this is solemnly my experience with gay/bi men, they just seem to know how to dress well for any given situation xD
Oh trust me, I know more than one gay man with no sense for fashion. At all. ~laughs~ Or, without any sense for clothes, in general.

Lynnette

Quote from: Nicholas on June 24, 2015, 09:17:43 AM
Oh trust me, I know more than one gay man with no sense for fashion. At all. ~laughs~ Or, without any sense for clothes, in general.

I'm sure there are, I'm just speaking from my own experience ^^ I dunno, maybe it's connected to economic class, localization and whatnot, or maybe you just know a lot of fashionably dead homosexuals, not that I have the right to comment since most of my wardrobe consists of hawaiian shirts.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Nico

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on June 24, 2015, 09:26:04 AM
I'm sure there are, I'm just speaking from my own experience ^^ I dunno, maybe it's connected to economic class, localization and whatnot, or maybe you just know a lot of fashionably dead homosexuals, not that I have the right to comment since most of my wardrobe consists of hawaiian shirts.
Haha. I can only speak of myself, but I am no fashion victim. I like to dress nice, but I dislike shopping. Oh so very much.

Lynnette

Quote from: Nicholas on June 24, 2015, 09:38:58 AM
Haha. I can only speak of myself, but I am no fashion victim. I like to dress nice, but I dislike shopping. Oh so very much.

I can dress nice, I just decide not to. I've kind of just fallen asleep in the business casual look, looking just good enough for my job and staying there. Then again, it's not like I have a reason to wear a suit to work either, being a teacher here doesn't have a very demanding dress-code. If there was one, I think it would read "Wear clothes".
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Nico

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on June 24, 2015, 09:45:36 AM
I can dress nice, I just decide not to. I've kind of just fallen asleep in the business casual look, looking just good enough for my job and staying there. Then again, it's not like I have a reason to wear a suit to work either, being a teacher here doesn't have a very demanding dress-code. If there was one, I think it would read "Wear clothes".
Personally, I like casual clothes best. Jeans, some t-shirt when it's warm, hoodie when it's cooler. Now and then I have to wear formal at work, though. Usually depends on the clients. I like wearing a nice suit, just not all the time!

Elf

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on June 24, 2015, 09:26:04 AM

Hey, there's nothing wrong with a good collection of Hawaiian shirts, that's about as dressy as I get, unless it is a bit cooler and want long sleeve. Than I have a selection of purple to chose from. Haven't owned a suit in years, and never a good one, but that's primarily due to being of a lower income. It's so hard to find suits that look good second hand.

Lynnette

Quote from: Elf on June 24, 2015, 10:17:44 AM
Hey, there's nothing wrong with a good collection of Hawaiian shirts, that's about as dressy as I get, unless it is a bit cooler and want long sleeve. Than I have a selection of purple to chose from. Haven't owned a suit in years, and never a good one, but that's primarily due to being of a lower income. It's so hard to find suits that look good second hand.

I started buying them in my first year of university. Costed about 20NOK (≈3 dollars) per, which was a rather reasonable price for someone living off of rice and cheap noodles. And then it just kind of became a thing. I have a full suit (I really don't like business-skirts and that kind of wear, so I ended up getting a suit for occasions it's needed) and I like wearing it, but it's a bit too expensive to go around with on a daily basis.

Quote from: Nicholas on June 24, 2015, 09:48:05 AM
Personally, I like casual clothes best. Jeans, some t-shirt when it's warm, hoodie when it's cooler. Now and then I have to wear formal at work, though. Usually depends on the clients. I like wearing a nice suit, just not all the time!

Casual is usually both the best choice though, both with price tag and looks in mind. Looking too fancy can seem pretentious, at least if it's done every day. What do you work with, if you don't mind me asking? Not many jobs (here anyways) demand suits anymore, so I'm curious xD
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Nico

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on June 24, 2015, 10:22:34 AM

Casual is usually both the best choice though, both with price tag and looks in mind. Looking too fancy can seem pretentious, at least if it's done every day. What do you work with, if you don't mind me asking? Not many jobs (here anyways) demand suits anymore, so I'm curious xD
Yeah, I just feel most comfortable in the casual kinda stuff. And yes, you may. :-) I am working for an Advertising Company. Team Supervisor and creative consultant for the creative team. And now and then business look is required.

Elf

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on June 24, 2015, 10:22:34 AM
I started buying them in my first year of university. Costed about 20NOK (≈3 dollars) per, which was a rather reasonable price for someone living off of rice and cheap noodles. And then it just kind of became a thing. I have a full suit (I really don't like business-skirts and that kind of wear, so I ended up getting a suit for occasions it's needed) and I like wearing it, but it's a bit too expensive to go around with on a daily basis.

That is a very reasonable price. The only way I could them at that low a price was at the thrift stores. I started buying pretty with my first job back in my teens. Took ages to get my mother to start buying them for as gifts instead of something I would only wear to make her happy because he got it for me. Now I have a few that she actually made, most though are ones my wife bought.

Lyron

I know very little about fashion. :P At least when it comes to everything outside of work.

Chrystal's earlier comment has gotten me thinking about queer gangs all morning. Now I want to see an RP of this.

MaverickKane - Diego looks good! I already told you that though.

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.