News:

Main Menu

Winter is Coming...

Started by Rhapsody, April 01, 2012, 04:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless One

Do you think that Season 3 will deviate from the novel as much as Season 2 did? Or more? Or less?
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

Beorning

I don't know. What I know is that I'd like for Season 3 to be *better*. Season 2 was somewhat... lacking.

Storm of Swords is a book with some powerful stuff. You better not screw it up, HBO!

Aiden

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Spoiler cuz the image is huge, the house banners.

A special order thing, had I known i would have bought most of them.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oniya

They don't have any mad Arabs in their ranks, do they?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beorning

Heh. No.

I'd say that the squid connection comes from the fact that they are a sea-faring house living on an island. Also, they have drakkars, which connects them thematically to the Vikings - and, in turn, the Vikings are connected to Scandinavia and the kraken legend.

TheGlyphstone

You'd think they'd pick a shark or killer whale or something. Raven, wolf, dragon, lion, deer, other deer....squid.

Beorning

Hey, it's not that strange. Squids are scary! They are predators. Some of the squids are immense (Architeuthis) - the kraken, remember?

Plus, not every house has to have something imposing in their banner. House Tyrell have a *flower* as their symbol, for crying out loud...

jouzinka

Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

JohnTheGreat

Can.
Not.
Wait.

My understanding is this season is gonna deviate more so than season 2 but Danny's stuff already looks more interesting than season 2 but Storm is an amazing book.

Stella

I AM SO EXCITED
I was so cool about it up until now. Yeah. I could wait. I was fine. Bring it whenever.

But now ..... djfapoisdjfpaoisdfjpas.

Diablerie

Quote from: Stella on February 25, 2013, 02:14:37 PM
I AM SO EXCITED
I was so cool about it up until now. Yeah. I could wait. I was fine. Bring it whenever.

But now ..... djfapoisdjfpaoisdfjpas.

SAME.

I can't stop watching that trailer x.x

Beorning

Somehow, I am a little underwhelmed by the trailer. But maybe it's because I'm so much further into the story, having read Feast For Crows...

jouzinka

I sound like a broken record, but... Mance is like... grandpa. :( I like the change in Daenerys - she looks much more confident, mature and regal in the trailer, especially when compared to the beginning of Game of Thrones, where she was a girl. This is a woman grown.

I hope to see Victarion Greyjoy this season. >:)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

bubby

Formless

The new season is closing in.

So am I the only one who find Tyrion amusing?

owen84

I just felt that The TV cant capture the grandeur of the book. I watched the first 2 episodes and got board.
Why is it that only in death do we truly learn about life.

Formless

Actually some of the scenes were slightly altered from the books.

I'm not exactly sure why George did that.

Stella

Some scenes in books just don't translate well to the screen. *Shrugs* I'm pretty pleased with most choices made in the adaptation!

guardtherealm

I love that war trailer.  The next two seasons are going to be amazing.