Marauder's Era Harry Potter : Dark Times Rising Recruitment (Need Canons)

Started by SweetSerenade, May 24, 2013, 01:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

oh it's not the style. I liked that part. It was the "Neutral" part in them. I kinda agreed with Rogue when she said "Unalined" or something would be better.

Keep in mind if you change the styles of rge house, that I also have badges for the bottom of the profiles and they should stay in match with those or else make new ones of them too. Or drop them already together, but I like them myself.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

RainbowRian

I was talking about banner at the top, maybe have a raven head and just type out ravenclaw and incorporate the colors somewhere, and use your crest below. I will see about it and PM you with samples

SweetSerenade

I'm so thrilled, one of the Gaia artists I hired came through! This is just the WIP he did :D

I wanted to share it with all of you, since it's Marauder's Era...

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 15, 2013, 10:54:42 PM
I'm so thrilled, one of the Gaia artists I hired came through! This is just the WIP he did :D

I wanted to share it with all of you, since it's Marauder's Era...

Cute! Is that suppose to be James and Lilly or something? Or just an example to show his skills?
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on July 15, 2013, 11:05:30 PM
Cute! Is that suppose to be James and Lilly or something? Or just an example to show his skills?

It's not colored yet, it's Sirius and Cerri XD

Ember Star

Rogue

Ember Star

RainbowRian

RainbowRian

RainbowRian

Here is what I got, In its entirety.

Gryffindor
Hufflepuff
Ravenclaw
Slytherin

Death Eater

Order of the Phoenix

Ministry of Magic

Witch

Wizard

SweetSerenade

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 15, 2013, 04:32:54 PM
So my idea for OOC threads.

OOC - Rule - Chat Thread (Our Official OOC thread, this being a Recruitment thread. First post of the thread will go over the plot basics, and the rules. As well as an explanation of how 'Act's' Work.)

OOC - Character Profiles (Thread for character profiles, They have to be Pmed to Sweet/Rogue (Student) or Sweet/Adult Co-GM(Google never responded whether he wanted to) - They have to be accepted first, before the player can post them.)

OOC - Character Relationship Threads (Players post basics of their characters, and PM back and forth with other players to decide what level of friendliness characters have. This is mostly for OCs and Canons. Ocs cannot force a relationship on Canons, the canon has to agree. Anyone that feels they are being forced should PM me immediately!) -Technically we could include this in the Character Profiles thread, but I feel players posts would be long enough /anyways/ so I kind of want a go to spot for it.

And I forgot to add

Thread Tracker: Where all of the RP threads can be tracked. Players are required to put a 'date' in the thread they are running, so it can be placed in the thread trackers timeline appropriately. I will be using an actual calendar from 1978, so please follow it. Also, you are required to turn in your threads from the Group - to be added to the thread tracker. I would like to request that no one character has more than four Non-GM posted(Meaning parts of the Act, like the train station, opening feast... stuff like that) threads at any given time. This is to make sure everyone gets a chance at fun. Remember these threads are /one shots/ they are meant only to hold a significance of a FEW hours of your characters time.

Ember Star

thank-you for the birthday wishes, Rainbow. Just got back from seeing Pacific Rim. It was awesome!

I love, love, LOOOVE the artwork. It's all gorgeous and perfect!

Sounds wonderful, Sweets! I like the way you're organizing this!

Rogue

Ember Star

I'll work on fixing everything up pretty today. May not get it all done today though, have to run some errands.

Do you actually need a MoM profile right now?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on July 17, 2013, 12:43:30 PM
I'll work on fixing everything up pretty today. May not get it all done today though, have to run some errands.

Do you actually need a MoM profile right now?

Do what you need to IRL. I won't be starting the OOC threads till I have all the profiles - but I'm not rushing you simply to get this open. People can be patient, it'll be worth it.

Ember Star

okay, so how do these sound for color themes

OotP; Red and black or Red and Silver

DE; Black and green or black and gold 

MoM: solid brown or brown and black

Witch: solid purple

Wizard; solid blue

I didn't want to cross colors with any of the houses but I have limited choices that work for each.

Wizard: solid blue 

SweetSerenade

RainbowRian

Quote from: Ember Star on July 17, 2013, 10:38:06 PM
okay, so how do these sound for color themes

OotP; Red and black or Red and Silver

DE; Black and green or black and gold 

MoM: solid brown or brown and black

Witch: solid purple

Wizard; solid blue

I didn't want to cross colors with any of the houses but I have limited choices that work for each.

Wizard: solid blue

I think... 

OOtP - Red and black
DE- Black and Green
MoM- Brown and beige (Maybe?)
Witch- Black and Violet
Wizard- Black and Blue?

None of them should clash sine the house colors are

G-Red and Gold
H-Yellow and Black
R-Blue and Bronze/Copper
S- Green and Silver

Ember Star

Violet isn't a useable text color but purple is.

I was thinking I'd make the witch and wizard solid since they're just neutral gender profiles instead of groups. Beige is a good suggestion for MoM though.

Ember Star

I also don't wanna use black in too many things. You see it all the time anyway, and these should be colorful.

Maroon and Orange are useable. Just wasn't sure where they could fit except Orange might work for the Order. Then I have teal and pink which I could use for secondary colors for the W&W ones instead of black.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on July 17, 2013, 10:57:18 PM
I also don't wanna use black in too many things. You see it all the time anyway, and these should be colorful.

Maroon and Orange are useable. Just wasn't sure where they could fit except Orange might work for the Order. Then I have teal and pink which I could use for secondary colors for the W&W ones instead of black.

Ember are you able to use color codes? Like on a Hexadecimal chart? You might consider those.

RainbowRian

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 17, 2013, 10:59:09 PM
Ember are you able to use color codes? Like on a Hexadecimal chart? You might consider those.
If I can, I don't know how. Though I know colors are possible that aren't listed. Can you point me to said chart and codes?
Quote from: RainbowRian on July 17, 2013, 10:59:50 PM
But I love all shades of Violet
Ooooh like that. Perfect! I just need a chart!

SweetSerenade

You can look up hexadecimal charts on Google... and they pull up color codes and how to do them :D