Salvation Run (A Supervillain game interest thread.)

Started by Darkcide, May 28, 2012, 09:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkcide

Nice character Latooni, I'm also going to be making a bunch of npc's. You all are more than welcome to take them up or to make NPC's as well in addition to your pc's. Just because all the world's villains? Are being sent to this planet.

To that end? How intense do you all forsee the game? Just so I know what section to put the game in? Also I'll be starting it very soon, since every character? Is going to get the same intro and they're able to join in at any point because all of the villians? Are being boom tubed (aka teleported) onto the planet and they'll wake up on an alien planet.

Sylia

Real Name Sara Michaels
Alias Overdrive
Affiliation Solo
Base Of Operations An apartment building in florida
Identity Overdrive
Citizenship American
Marital Status Single
Occupation Natural Disaster
Education High school graduate
Gender Female
Height 5'4
Weight 119 lbs
Eyes Red
Hair Black
Description Sara is a rather curvy young woman that isn't too short and isn't too tall either. She's quite proud of her breasts even though some people wonder how she runs with them. Sara normally has messy short black hair, but it's grown out as of recent and is about shoulder length. Many people ask about her red eyes, but she only replies that red is a natural color.. to which people reply that it isn't.
Origin Sara was a girl who loved to run. Ever since she was a little girl, she enjoyed running and was the fastest kid around in her neighborhood. Even in school, she was the star track member due to her incredible speed, no one even came close to her. But one day when she was out running, she continually pushed herself to run faster and faster. Next thing she knew, she was outrunning cars while on the sidewalk! She didn't really question it at the time, but she just enjoyed the thrill of running that fast. School no longer compared. The track no longer mattered. All she wanted to do was run and run and run.

As time passed, Sara found that she was growing ever faster and less morally reserved about where she ran. Before, she would run in wide open places so she wouldn't worry about running into people, but that soon stopped being a worry. She found after barreling into a few things a couple times that she has some sort of protective field around her that protected her from harm. Then came the recklessness. With her newfound power, Sara figured she'd need a secret identity. One that people would be able to tell that she's special. So she decided to take one.. from a superhero! Thus started the run-ins with the flash family after she found and stole the impulse costume from them.

More time passed and Sara found herself a wanted person. Her highspeed travelling was causing wide destruction where ever she went, kicking up tsunamis or hurricanes and in some instances sweeping up tornadoes along her path. She had had many run-ins with other speedsters that either tried to get her to join them or stop her, but she never listened. Of course, she got caught many times, but she escaped just as many. But finally.. people had enough. They wanted her gone so the next time the Flash caught her, she was shipped off with the other villains. He tried to reason with them that she wasn't a bad girl, just a bit misguided, but they wouldn't have none of that. Sara had caused enough destruction to be considered a global threat. As a parting gift, The Flash allowed her to keep the modified Impulse costume she had stole long ago.
Powers Overdrive has one major power and a couple minor ones. Her main ability is the ability to run fast. Very fast. Almost insanely so. At her top speed, Overdrive can run at the speed of light, making her leave destruction in the wake of her running due to her not wanting to slow down. Ever. She also has enhanced reflexes to go along with her speed. This brings us to her other powers. Overdrive can generate a field around her when she's running or stationary that makes her mostly impervious to impact and often can downright run through things she shouldn't be able to like a wrecking ball. And finally she has the ability to steal the speed of other speedsters, making their power effectively turn off suddenly for a minute.
Intelligence 2
Strength 2
Speed 6
Durability 6 (due to field projected around her)
Energy Projection 1
Fighting Skills 3
Skills None
Crimes Mass destruction across the globe. Generally it's usually her fault if you can't find any other explanation for it.
Enemies The Flash, Zoom (Stole his speed once and got him caught by the flash), Kid Flash, Impulse (stole the costume and modified it), Pretty much the enemy of every speedster ever.

Neysha

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Alias: Tremor... Vibrator
Affiliation: Independent Contractor
Base Of Operations: A farmstead in Newton Country, Arkansas
Citizenship: American
Marital Status: Single
Education: Associates Degree
Height: 5‘2
Weight: Light. :)
Eyes: Green
Hair: Deep Red

Description: Small framed small fry. Ashley is leanly built, often sporting a farmers tan/sunburn and has bright red hair and striking green eyes. She has a trim body, with small breasts but a shapely, round butt.

Origin: Ashley describes herself as a self made supervillain, which isn't quite the truth. Growing up in rural Arkansas, Ashley was denied the opportunity to develop her natural ability and talent with all things mechanical but it wasn't completely wasted. She spent most of her childhood fidgeting with farm equipment and other odds and ends she found in the county but never was able to translate her talent into academic success. She did a stint in the National Guard as a mechanic and used that to pay her way to an associates degree and various technical certifications.

But military life alone wasn't satisfying for her. She hated the fact she was doing grunt work and feeling unappreciated like she always had. Despising her place in life and blaming the military, she intentionally leaked information to HYDRA about sensitive security issues at her current military base in exchange for a ‘foot in the door’ so to speak to that terrorist organization. The raid was successful and Ashley was exfiltrated by HYDRA who, after amusing themselves by having her beg for her life, decided to let her in the organization as a provisional member. Ashley however, feeling humiliated by her new employers, never forgave them for making her feel so powerless.

She was put to work as a laboratory technician, developing and refining weapons for HYDRA but found HYDRA to be a lot like the military, where she did grunt work and was generally unappreciated. So she worked on a side project which would mark her independence. Using HYDRA resources, she developed her own ‘Tremor’ battlesuit which was based partially off using HYDRA Dreadnought power generation technology, specs from early Grim Reaper technology and Hammer Industries and AIM specs that HYDRA had gained access to.

Within a few months of work, she was able to create her Tremor battlesuit. Within minutes of donning it, HYDRA finally found her out. She declared her independence from that organization soonafter in an exceptionally violent manner. Ashley had never killed another person before that day face to face. She found it surprisingly easy to do, both literally and emotionally.

Having declared her independence, she pursued the only career option open to her that also allowed her the independence that she sought even though ultimately, she knew she was a ‘follower’ more then a leader herself. She became a part time mercenary, part time thief, part time tinkerer and full time supervillain and hasn’t regretted it since.

Powers: The Tremor Battlesuit is custom made by Ashley as her declaration of independence. It is a two piece black uniform. Layers of HYDRA beta cloth sandwich a specially made gel that Ashley developed herself which hardens when it detects external force and pressure, acting like an armor, as well as absorbing harmful excesses of vibration energy such as those used by sonic or concussion based weapons and powers.

Powered by a miniaturized generator similar to that used by the Dreadnought robot, the Tremor part of the name comes from the vibration based energy shield that is constantly emitted from the suit. Similar to ‘The Shockers’ weapon and suit her own vibro-blasters are not quite as powerful or versatile and instead work in two basic modes. A wide beam shockwave and a narrow, focused repulsor blast, based on stolen Stark tech. The other ability of this ‘field’ is that it can deflect all manners of small caliber bullets, dissipate low concentrations of energy or thermal discharges and help slow or deflect kinetic impacts as well as high resistance to sonic, shock and concussion based weapons or powers.

It is important not to overestimate her suits defenses however. She’s capable of deflecting small arms with a fair amount of reliability which decreases with the heavier ordinance expended upon her. Same with dealing with punches. Human beings of normal skill or strength will find it extremely hard to land a blow on her, even a glancing one, but those that are skilled or more readily, strong enough can penetrate her field with proportional ease. Same with higher power energy based attacks. Her suit increases her survivability, but does not make her invincible.

Intelligence- 3 (she’s naturally talented but nothing exceptional in any other regard)
Strength- 2 (athletically strong for her size, but still normal)
Speed- 2 (athletically quick, but still very human)
Durability- 3 (her suit is mostly bulletproof, but far from invincible)
Energy Projection- 4 (she can fire long range and narrowly focused repulsor blasts or short range, wide spread concussive/sonic blasts that can send people and small vehicles flying and tear up the asphalt)
Fighting Skills- 4 (barely can be considered an experienced fighter, especially in her suit)

Skills: Ashley is a talented gearhead, mechanic and general tinkerer who simply has lots of mechanical aptitude. She has show a talent for some fields of biology and chemistry as well in her development of the gel for her Tremor suit. She is also a fairly well skilled hand to hand combatant and growing up in Arkansas, has a natural affinity and skilled proficiency with both firearms and explosives.
Crimes: Robbery, Theft, Treason, Breaking and Entering, Terrorism and murder related charges.
Enemies: The Fantastic Four, Wakanda, DareDevil, Spider-Man, SHIELD, Teen Titans, and HYDRA.
History: Ashley’s biggest regret since leaving HYDRA and going independent has been the fact that her nickname was intended to be Tremor. However after commiting her first robbery, the local reporter only heard the last half of her name and thus assumed her name was Vibrator, based on the fact of her ‘vibration based powers’ and much to her chagrin, the name has stuck. Initially a sore point, she has learned to deal with it and rolls with any attempts to annoy her by using that name. Having lived a rough life, it takes more then that to get under her skin.

She’s worked as a villain for the Maggia and other organized criminals, Blockbuster, A.I.M., the Wizard, Secret Empire, Penguin and most notably the resurgent Kingpin as superpowered muscle. She has also worked together with The Shocker, Boomerang, Captain Boomerang, Captain Cold, Trapster, Klaw, and others in various jobs. Most of the time she avoids superheroes and has exclusively done all of her ‘independent side jobs’ well away from superhero hotbed cities. But she has teamed up with other organizations and villains and doesn’t shy from superpowered confrontations if she has no choice or an advantage. Her biggest 'victory' as she puts it was when she supposedly beat Nightwing so bad that she was certain he was hospitalized. Though she doesn't say it, she credits the victory to the experience of having gotten defeated by DareDevil not too long before.

She was captured by the authorities after an extremely short fight with the Black Panther where she found herself surprised and at a disadvantage. However she also realizes she was likely outmatched and outfought regardless of the circumstances.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

JerichoMyers

To explain things a little clearer, Braniac's vast, unrelenting knowledge turned him insane. He can barely comprehend what he knows but uses what's known for game. He has absolutely no ambition to rule the world but to cause chaos. Unless you're paying him enough or your project interests him, he has no sides. Luthor was just INCREDIBLY boring to him. Even on an alien planet, he'd love to have lots and lots of cash, though none of if is even relevant. Hehe

Darkcide

Liking the concepts, but Jericho, dude. I said that intelligence is capped at a 6. That is the highest allowed for a pc, a 7 is omniscience and it is broken. 7's are reserved for plot devices and extradimensional beings.

Latooni Subota

Clearly, Jericho will be Wi-Fi's rival. Wi-Fi will have no choice but to fiddle with his helmet's light-up eyes, since it's likely that's the most she'll be able to do to the helmet with constant focus. XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

JerichoMyers

-Sigh- I'm gonna go off an assume you want me to edit the profile and such about the character having Brainiac's knowledge, right?

EDIT: Don't worry, I usually have to edit profiles/posts two or three times before they are accepted. It's a normality for me.

Hehe, considering Spaz went into the Fantastic Four's mainframe and fiddled with their lights for an entire day just to be very annoying, he'd be annoyed but figured it was karma. Hehe.

Blobbe

Quote from: Neysha on May 31, 2012, 09:49:15 AM
I'm assuming you have an opinion on the matter? Perhaps one you'd like to share? :)

Just want to know what section the game's going to be in, that's all. Its one of my main deciding points of if I want to pursue it or not

Darkcide

Quote from: JerichoMyers on June 01, 2012, 04:00:08 AM
-Sigh- I'm gonna go off an assume you want me to edit the profile and such about the character having Brainiac's knowledge, right?

EDIT: Don't worry, I usually have to edit profiles/posts two or three times before they are accepted. It's a normality for me.

Hehe, considering Spaz went into the Fantastic Four's mainframe and fiddled with their lights for an entire day just to be very annoying, he'd be annoyed but figured it was karma. Hehe.

Yeah. Like as smart as your character would be? I can allow you to be smarter in certain aspects than Luthor, or Mr. Fantastic who are by all accounts the smartest men on the planet in their respective universes. Not on Brainiac's level though. The villains in this game? Are terrestial based for all intents and purposes, the level of intelligence and knowledge that Brainiac has? Borders on omniscience in several runs they've had with the character. Even someone like Luthor has not been able to comprehend Brainiac's knowledge.

Neysha

My character alright?

I'm willing to modify as needed to better suit the RP.
My Request Thread
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Darkcide

Yeah, there is nothing out of wack with the character and there are varying degrees of villainy. The concept works.

Latooni Subota

KaylaM: I would expect that the game would probably be something like NC- Exotic, considering supervillains are . . you know . . jerks? Also shapeshifting/aliens/whatnot.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter? Especially you Darkcide?

. .  Darn, I should've played a shapeshifter! So much 'potential' XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Darkcide

Like I said, that depends on what the players want. Comics have different tones depending on the characters. Some are more violent than others, and I'm able to play either way. If the players want to get in depth with their descriptions of violence? Or to play as rapists and the like? I'm cool with that, if they don't? It works too. I honestly think it could go either way which is why I want to leave it to the players to decide their comfort level. If the tone was along The Killing Joke or The Joker book? Or something? Then I might put it in NC or Extreme.

Neysha

Oh hey Jericho, did you want to collaborate on a shared backstory like you suggested earlier in the thread. I'm not sure how compatible our two characters are though. They seem... somewhat different flavors of villainy and on different levels. Though we both have the Fantastic Four as enemies. :D
My Request Thread

Sylia

So is my character alright? I kinda thought her up on the fly, so not sure if it translated to a good character well enough.

Neysha

Quote from: Sylia on June 01, 2012, 02:41:06 PM
So is my character alright? I kinda thought her up on the fly, so not sure if it translated to a good character well enough.

Your character is a spunky walking (or running) natural disaster.

Like the Hulk but more likable and innocent.
My Request Thread

Sylia

Hehe, thanks alot! Wasn't sure if she came off correctly at first, but guess she did.

Blobbe

Fair enough. I'm really only interested as long as it's not NC/extreme. Really, being a vaillain doesn't mean you have to be a jerk. You can be a villain and be intelligent, cultured, suave, sophisticated, cultured, refined and all that without being a total arse.

Elias

I assumed extreme since wouldnt combat be the main aspect of this game?

@ KaylaM Agreed, Lex Luthor is a great example of that *Nods*

JerichoMyers

I'll edit my profile, well, delete and redo. The premise of the character was that the knowledge of Braniac turned him insane, it even says he can't comprehend what he knows. It's information that's there but can't or barely interpret. Bah, not sure why I'm arguing, the character was an awful idea in the first place.

Neysha: I'll probably lay off the character creation scene for a little while. Love to but I've embarrassed myself enough for one evening.

Elias

What if he was normally 6 but could briefly access level 7 intelligence? Like opening a floodgate?

CDark

Sylia and Latooni have been bugging me to join, soooo I'll give a character design a shot, since this IS a pretty interesting setting! Besides, I could use a good brush up on playing a villain!

Neysha

Quote from: JerichoMyers on June 01, 2012, 08:05:52 PMNeysha: I'll probably lay off the character creation scene for a little while. Love to but I've embarrassed myself enough for one evening.

Sure thing Boss. :p

Clearly Jericho, you put up Spaz's online dating bio which is naturally more impressive in portraying his intellect as opposed to the bio made for this RP which is meant to be an honest reflection of the character.
My Request Thread

Darkcide

So any preferences as far as the section you all would like to see this in?

Elias

Extreme, that allows combat and such and provides no real barriers.
NC-exotic could also work.