Xbox One Vs PS4 - Next Gen gaming

Started by Moraline, May 21, 2013, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

Quote from: Oreo on June 17, 2013, 01:01:30 PM
Amazon decided to end the poll early. Final results Here

*died laughing*
Thanks for the update. That is hilarious. I'm not even really a PS4 supporter but I take a perverse pleasure in watching an arrogant company like MS get so utterly destroyed publicly.  I think once more average consumers realize what's going on between the two consoles it's only going to get worse for Microsoft.

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Doomsday

Honestly my only gripe about the xbone is the lack of backwards compatibility, considering that I rarely loan or sell games, am always online anyways, and I don't buy into all of the 'spying' hype. I don't consider myself a fanboy either; I'll probably look into a ps4 first then consider snagging the xbone after a price drop or a tempting bundle.

SinXAzgard21

Sabby

Quote from: Doomsday on June 18, 2013, 02:58:23 AM
Honestly my only gripe about the xbone is the lack of backwards compatibility, considering that I rarely loan or sell games, am always online anyways, and I don't buy into all of the 'spying' hype. I don't consider myself a fanboy either; I'll probably look into a ps4 first then consider snagging the xbone after a price drop or a tempting bundle.

I don't hold that one against Microsoft. Backwards compatibility is just can't keep around.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on June 18, 2013, 04:25:47 AM
I don't hold that one against Microsoft. Backwards compatibility is just can't keep around.
I hold it the hell against them. :|
I think they just want to push new hardware, I doubt it's a difficult thing to do, or at least sell as an addon program or something.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on June 18, 2013, 06:52:40 AM
I hold it the hell against them. :|
I think they just want to push new hardware, I doubt it's a difficult thing to do, or at least sell as an addon program or something.

Sorry Inkidu.. I think that backwards incompatibility is the LEAST of their sins. Honestly.. I mean.. it's not that high on list when you got what.. 2 or three types of censorship, outright blackmail to their customer base and the myriad of crimes they are committing with the Kinect.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 18, 2013, 11:02:37 AM
Sorry Inkidu.. I think that backwards incompatibility is the LEAST of their sins. Honestly.. I mean.. it's not that high on list when you got what.. 2 or three types of censorship, outright blackmail to their customer base and the myriad of crimes they are committing with the Kinect.
Actually, those are only theoretical at the point as it's not been released. This one's real! D:<
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on June 18, 2013, 11:09:38 AM
Actually, those are only theoretical at the point as it's not been released. This one's real! D:<

I dunno.. you don't come up with that many atrocities and expect to come out of things like that without trying them.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 18, 2013, 11:47:45 AM
I dunno.. you don't come up with that many atrocities and expect to come out of things like that without trying them.
It's hard to spy on people when they know about it. :P

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on June 18, 2013, 11:57:32 AM
It's hard to spy on people when they know about it. :P

Yeah.. thanks to the Patriot act (and associated laws and such) don't think that reflects true.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 18, 2013, 12:20:12 PM
Yeah.. thanks to the Patriot act (and associated laws and such) don't think that reflects true.
Don't confuse people knowing with people not caring. :)

Oreo

Quote from: Inkidu on June 18, 2013, 12:29:26 PM

Because it's not like we are losing freedom pinch by pinch

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Inkidu

If people are willing to fall for it, then there's a sucker born every minute *shrugs*

Oreo

Too true. Then again, I am one of the paranoid ones that 'does' have tape over the camera on my PC.

Really the biggest downer for me and the XBone is the internet connection issue. Broken modem = no PC, compounded by no games to distract me from no PC.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on June 18, 2013, 12:29:26 PM

You don't know how often I've heard 'It's for the greater good' from folks when I told them about what was going on. It's depressing..

but back to the Xbox One.. IF I get one .. I'm putting a box over my Kinect when I'm not playing.

Sonowske

I stand with Microsoft and the Xbox One.

Why? Because I love my 360, and I want to support a company that I like. Plus, family circle, multi-tasking, playing games without discs, live streaming, Skype, and let's not forget TITANFAAAAAALLLL!

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Sonowske on June 19, 2013, 03:26:30 AM

Why? Because I love my 360, and I want to support a company that I like. Plus, family circle, multi-tasking, playing games without discs, live streaming, Skype, and let's not forget TITANFAAAAAALLLL!

Titanfall on the PC will look so much better.

Sonowske

Chris Brady

Because everything on PC will be better.  And that's not me being sarcastic.  Most people who have gaming PCs already have hardware that's better than the new consoles could ever hope to get.

Also, apropos of nothing:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

And:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-Games-E3-Ran-PS4-Dev-Hardware-High-End-PCs-56752.html
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 03:31:33 AM
Titanfall on the PC will look so much better.
Is that a Blizzard property because they were codenaming something Titan or Project Titan. :\

Koren

Quote from: Sonowske on June 19, 2013, 03:26:30 AM

Just wondering, so that means youre not worried at all then about the privacy issues of the kinect (also including they have patents to spy on you), or the always online thing etc?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on June 19, 2013, 06:21:34 AM
Is that a Blizzard property because they were codenaming something Titan or Project Titan. :\

No.  Titan is something else entirely, but I think it is vaporware....

Titanfall is actually being developed by Respawn Entertainment, two guys who helped the development of CoD.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 11:00:19 AM
No.  Titan is something else entirely, but I think it is vaporware....

Titanfall is actually being developed by Respawn Entertainment, two guys who helped the development of CoD.
Eh, it's probably multiplayer based or an MMO.

Also, all Blizzard projects are vaporware until they get greedy enough. :\

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming