Bump in the Night [Interest Check | Recruitment] -- Always Recruiting!

Started by Esoteric Myobi, May 29, 2016, 02:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

Oh my god! So many awesome people in one spot, how can I possibly resist?

Remmmmiiiiii, join us! Join us! One of us! One of us! One of us!  :D
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

Name: Erik "Cath Fach" Carter

Age: Appears to be in his late twenties, early thirties.
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Character Type: Docebat
Appearance: Erik is recognizable for his long hair, which comes halfway down his shoulder blades, and which is a lovely shade of hazelnut with natural blond and coppery-red highlights in it; hair that shines with brilliant luster, hair that is soft and smooth, like silk.  His face is mostly clean-shaven, though he has a fairly long mustache, which in keeping with his self appointed name of 'Little Cat' is often referred to as his whiskers. Like the hair on his head, his mustache is immaculate, and well cared for.

His eyes are a brilliant orange in color; probably some of those fancy "special effects" contact lenses that are making their way around the market these days, given his love of flair. They tend to roam about, slowly and steadily, absorbing everything in front of them, taking in all information, both readily available and obscured to the common eye.

He is somewhat short at only five and a half feet tall, and a bit on the thinner side of things; about a hundred and eighty pounds. But there's not a drop of fat on him, his body is all streamlined and smoothly athletic, as if he were a sculpture of clay, meant for an art museum, but was instead brought to life.

Skills: Fae Lore (Seems to know an awful lot about these fellows), Prestidigitation (A bit of minor magic), Cooking (Who doesn't love a cook!?)
Personality: Little Cat can be as capricious, playful, and mercurial as a kitten, so his name seems quite fitting.  Like the Fae he spent years living with, he can be a bit difficult to understand at times, seeming to be set off by the slightest of slights, and moved to conquer mountains for even the smallest of favors; but it's all internally consistent, everything makes sense, especially to those who understand what he truly is. Cath Fach has many facets to his personality, and one could easily say that every person sees something different when interacting with him.
Backstory: Cath Fach is a bastard in the purest sense of the word. His mother was ostracized for having him out of wedlock; he had no father growing up; and he had few friends growing up, because of his odd personality. His childhood, needless to say, was one of suffering, and hardship, and which did little to break him of his oddities.

When he was older, a teenager, he decided to leave home in search of his father. He struck out into a world that was cold and uncaring, with no real clues, and only rarely had help along the way; and what help he did acquire, according to him, came with steep prices, strange deals, and stranger mannerisms. His associations with these "Fair Folk", as he learned to call them, bought him much knowledge, but, he always says, "at a price; everything has a price".

Eventually, he came upon the Black Swamp Tavern, and the ambiance of the environment appealed to him on a profound level. He's made it into his abode for the past two years, and while he does wander away from time to time, he always seems to find his way back; always with a new story to tell, or a new shiny bauble to show off. And--for a price--maybe he'll share a good story with a friendly traveler, or one of his shiny baubles.

For some reason, he has had numerous relationships with vampires. They seem to have an odd attraction to him, and more specifically his blood, which he proclaims is do to the fact that he actually has a good diet, which is a shocking thing in this day and age of junk food and toxic additives.

Character Ons: Being tied up, vampires having their way with him, light sensation play (floggers, crops, etc)
Character Offs: Being drugged, watersports/scat, RACK play (hooks-in-flesh suspension, metal barbed whips, etc)

And with "Little Cat" getting approved, I am totally up for plotting with anyone and everyone.  ;D
Check out my poet tree!

Esoteric Myobi

You really cranked Erik out in record time, Hanged!

Just a few things that have come to our attention that we'd like to clarify:

Black Swamp Tavern: While this will be a fairly key location and gathering place within the game, it most certainly is not the only place that the game will be revolving around. So while all characters will most assuredly be passing by Black Swamp Tavern at some point, not everyone has to start out knowing of it or migrating towards it. You'll get there eventually ;) Yes, it is magical.

Distinction between Lux and Tenebris: The line between Lux and Tenebris is purposely meant to be fairly malleable and easy to cross over. Hopefully this will make it easier for players to understand how we're categorizing them:

Tenebris: self-interested creatures who are focused on their own lives and desires; has no love or compassion for humans; may keep a low profile or be the exact opposite (ripping through town without restraint --> the kind of Tenebris who need to be put down or controlled); may do things that benefit humans on the surface but are ultimately working for their own self-interest

Lux: neutral parties or actively allied to humans; if allied to humans, they have taken solid steps to show their alliance (ex: aiding humans out of compassion); view Lux as a gamble, you never quite know where their alliances truly lie, they are very much a moral gray area

Supernaturals in Disguise: If you would like a character that is a Tenebris or Lux masquerading as a human Docebat, yes, this is completely acceptable. Please state that this is your intention when PMing us your CS, then make sure to include two character sheets! One "human" character sheet as a Docebat, and one "true" character sheet with your character's supernatural identity. You will only post your human character sheet! The secret one will be revealed in due time when your character's true identity comes to light. :-)

Docebat Allegiance: Docebats are humans who have had supernatural encounters and thus are knowledgeable, to an extent, about the unseen world. It is completely up to the player whether they would like their Docebat character to be sympathetic towards supernaturals or against them. Keep in mind that not all supernatural encounters need be terrible -- but it would most certainly have been an encounter that changed their life in some way for the better or the worse.

Supernatural Creature Limitations: While vamps, wolves and fae were the supernatural creatures I mentioned in the original post, these three are by no means the only options available. We're open to taking ideas about any kind of supernatural creature as long as there is enough lore to support it and base a character off of it. This is mostly so that we'll be able to plan accordingly based on its strengths/weaknesses when plotting to move our game forwards.

Multiple Characters: Each player may create a max of two characters. Please only do so if you're 110% confident that you'll be able to juggle two characters at once.

Also, just another reminder to please include both GMs in your PMs! This means hitting "Reply All" when replying to us. This extra little step would be much appreciated by the both of us. ;D

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

TheHangedOne

I was inspired, Myobi.  ;) My Muse loves your brain, your ideas. And like I've mentioned before, here and elsewhere, you've already attracted quite an amazing gathering of players. I'm really looking forward to this taking off.
Check out my poet tree!

Josietta

*peeps in*   I'll start to work on a character sheet. I told myself I wasn't going to join group games yet but I can't pass up something by my lovelies.  So I think I'm gonna go with Nina Dobrev faceclaimed as a Docebat or maybe Initium.  I'll work on it and PM questions.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Josietta on June 01, 2016, 09:21:55 PM
*peeps in*   I'll start to work on a character sheet. I told myself I wasn't going to join group games yet but I can't pass up something by my lovelies.  So I think I'm gonna go with Nina Dobrev faceclaimed as a Docebat or maybe Initium.  I'll work on it and PM questions.
Yessssss!!! ;D
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Undine

I ran out of time today, but I will forward a CS as soon as possible (to both GMs!).  Unfortunately, I'm off to bed here in a few minutes, because /work and /up too damn early  :'(  However, I can include a face claim at least, for
Yvette Belhomme
.  No, I've no idea who she is, but I prefer non-model photographs anyway. 
How to bait for an Undine   My O/O's
  When Undine makes for the deep waters My A/A's 

“‘Unable to perceive the shape of you, I find you all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with your love. It humbles my heart, for you are everywhere.’” ~ Giles, The Shape of Water
My F&S fascinations:  Elegance Wild and Grace Forgotten

Josietta

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 01, 2016, 09:22:57 PM
JOSICAT! *Huggles!*

*giggles and huggles back* Hiyas!!

Quote from: Saffron on June 01, 2016, 09:25:59 PM
Yessssss!!! ;D

Haha! You knew as soon as Myobi probed me in the SB, she'd drag me on over here! :P

I'm going on vacation next week for 2 weeks but i'll bring the hubby's ipad with me so if I need to do some writing i can. ;)  I just wanted to forwarn ya on that front!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world

Esoteric Myobi

To everyone who's still working on their character sheets or are still in the middle of discussing things with us, there's no rush. As you can probably tell, Saffron and I are relatively busy during the week ourselves so we probably won't be getting our own character sheets up until later this weekend. :-)

Depending on how many approved character sheets we've received by then, we may roll out an OOC thread over the weekend just so people can start chatting/plotting together in the meantime. (Please include both GMs in all plot-related discussion PMs!) The OOC will also include a Q&A sticky to answer any questions about particular details, such as what kind of strengths/weaknesses are generally known about certain supernatural creatures.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Elysian Radiance

Josi is trying to get me to come play, so tentative interest.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Josietta

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on June 01, 2016, 10:27:44 PM
Josi is trying to get me to come play, so tentative interest.

Yus!! One of us!!  Join me!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Elysian Radiance

Is there an organization ala the Talamasca from the Anne Rice-verse? I'd be very interested in playing someone from that. If not, she can study the supernatural independently.

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

Autumn Sativus

I think the closest you're really going to get to that is a very pro-active against the supernatural Lux? Maybe a Docebat turned "hunter" in a sense? I suppose that would be acceptable too.
Us against the world

Elysian Radiance

I'll probably go the route of Docebat. Also, I'd like to claim Adelaide Kane as my face claim.

aorangi3

Howdy Folks! Here is my now approved sheet. Hope to post with the lot of you!

Name: Marcus Ripple
Sexuality:Hetero
Character Type: Docebat
Appearance:A southern gentleman through and through. Very fond of his Mustache and matching goatee, he traditionally wears a coat of some sort while in public. He utilizes his slim waistline to set a typical western stance but confidently relaxed to support his easy-going attitude.
Skills: Deft Hands~ Is able to move his hands with a cheater's grace. Whether it be in drawing or pick-pocketing or simply moving one card to another with a flourish, Marcus has had practiced and well-timed experience in having a flexibility in his hands that makes it seem like magic.
Silver-Tongue~ Due to his suave nature and accent that suits New Orleans quite well, this charismatic trait helps soothe those he wants to please and annoys those he doesn't like.
Knowledge of the Paranormal~ While not the usual type to study, Marcus has used his prior dangerous experience as a testament to start. While not fully understood, he knows typical common knowledge about the paranormal but what only fairy-tales and folklore can provide. This can help him make guesses and formulate theories based on circumstance.
Personality: A man with many tastes, Marcus is very open-minded  but cautious. Through his experience with things that may or not may not be who they were, this rogue has found a healthy respect for people in general. Sometimes social when it suits him, he finds his time mostly around pretty women but can be persuaded to have a friendly chat with some fellow that meets a form of decorum or even reciprocates comedic taste. He enjoys the mysteries that surely exist but is also fearful of his own fragility. This is met with both logic and chaotic reactive answers when in a pinch depending on circumstance and mood. Normally however, he likes to keep track of events as they unfold, even if he is apart of them.
Backstory: Marcus Quintet Ripple was born among a simple Louisianian family that lived somewhere within Lafayette. His Father, Dean Ripple, swore to this day that his family could be traced back to the town's founding when the 'explorer' Lafayette founding the hill based on the fact that it was the only part that was dry. Though this family history could not be proven either way as he mother would quickly chime in. Marcus of course was a rascal among a trio of brothers as they were apart of the many celebrations that only Mardi Gras could deliver as indeed his family was as Coon Ass as they came. This however, did not stop a early upbringing into the many pool halls and pubs that taught the early Marcus a thing or two on the lifestyle that was dirty dancing and the power of talking to gentlemen that knew not the tale of a boring life. This understandably brought Marcus into the art of intrigue within the town and even elsewhere as he became quite the con artist and criminal. Why even to this day, the local Sheriff knew him by name as Marcus grew through adolescence as a amateur that would eventually mature into something more sophisticated.

Some of his dealings that where successful however created opportunities where he learned from his shortcomings. Now turning towards a more white-collar pedigree, petty crimes soon became a thing of the past as he moved his game up with both art and information. Thus bringing him eventually to New Orleans as he left his old stomping grounds and soon became bewildered upon seeing a wonderful woman by the name of Anna. Even as she took more than she needed from him (blood), he could not help but feel it only a fair trade after he recovered from that more...pleasurable experience. From there he focused on the possibility of something more in New Orleans, something mysterious, something unnatural. Hooked like freshwater drum on summer day, he understandably found that anything else was simply mundane from that thrill.

So he went looking, in a vain attempt to find what Anna spurred on many days ago. Marcus found that perhaps the paranormal must have lived with society in order for it to thrive and using that iron-rule he went looking in places folks hardly ventured to and in the mean-time used his past connections to understand more of what he was looking for. What he found was terror as the things that go bump in the night do not like to be found out. What must have been something of a Were-Wolf hunted him as he ran from safe house to safe house, managing to stage his own death in order to circumvent his demise.

After that, he simply went back to his usual dealings, but still his drive to seek out these creatures led him to a library. Inside of it he used every bit of folklore or fairy-tale to learn more about what he stuck his fingers in. Turns out the obvious was that these creatures, beings, etc. where the lay low type. Marcus instead used what he found out in order to better acquaint himself for the next adventure as he had knowledge of most western paranormal creatures.

Still, as the years went by, he could only come across a particular Black Swamp Tavern only to be curiously intrigued and much like that thrill from so long ago, he stood there like a deer smelling the fresh scent of a doe. A place he knew he belonged and craved. Feeling only a fear that came with thrill.
Character Ons/Offs:

Open to most things but not so keen on anything to do with the restroom. "Best to leave that stuff in the sewer, darlin'"
So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

dale108

Would ghosts qualify in this story?  I'm thinking of a ghost who can materialize into his human form or enter someone elses body.  But he can only control objects while in his own human form.  And if he occupies someone elses body, he cannot control them (after all, that would be godmodding).  But he can listen in on their thoughts and observe their actions.  And then return to his own form to cause mischief.  However, if he occupies a lower life form (i.e. cat, dog, snake, etc.) he can control those creatures.  So beware of that black cat roaming the hallways.  lol

The problem I see is that some role players might object to a ghost occupying their character, even if he does nothing to them.  So that's why I'm asking about this.  If a problem, he'll just use lower lifeforms or maybe an NPC.
"Sometimes it's not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning."

Grammar is Important:
Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Correct word choices is knowing if you'd rather be pissed off THEN pissed on or pissed off THAN pissed on.
Punctuation is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

https://www.f-list.net/c/breathlessforyou

Autumn Sativus

The actual main problem I think we would run into is that ghosts in our world do not count as the same type of supernatural that we're discussing. Ghosts are on another plane and we would not consider them or those who can interact with them to be supernatural creatures. Unfortunately I don't think that character design really fits into our scheme here.
Us against the world

TheHangedOne

Aorangi: our characters  must have a connection, based solely on the fact that we are gentlemen with profoundly awesome mustaches.  XD
Check out my poet tree!

Lady Kitsune

I could not resist the "Call" of My. I'm in....after I bake cupcakes and stuff.

I am working on it, I swear!

Esoteric Myobi

Yessss, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist! ;D

-sits and wait to shove delicious cupcakes straight out of the oven and into her mouth- ::)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

aorangi3

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 02, 2016, 11:32:04 AM
Aorangi: our characters  must have a connection, based solely on the fact that we are gentlemen with profoundly awesome mustaches.  XD

Certainly can be arranged
So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

BitterSweet

I am tentatively interested and, with that, am (equally tentatively) reserving Tom Waits and Aiden Turner.