Marvel's Defenders: Street-Level Heroes (Started, but room for more!)

Started by Mathim, April 07, 2016, 09:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

It all started out in Hell's Kitchen. Terrorist bombings, a vigilante taking down multiple mob fronts and finally stepping into the light as the Daredevil of Hell's Kitchen. Others started coming out of the woodwork then. Some, their agendas and methods differed quite radically even if their endgame was the same. Not all of them were truly extraordinarily gifted, but that didn't diminish their contributions.

Not all of them want to fight, either. Some would rather forget they were given their unique gifts and the responsibility that comes with them. Too bad a dark cloud has descended over New York and whether they like it or not, something bad is coming their way. Each of them finds themselves targeted and forced to defend themselves, to fight back against the tide. But they realize that it's not going to be enough. A hero alone is weaker, vulnerable...but heroes united? Their power and potential is unlimited.

If you're ready to commit, our OOC thread can be found here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=247354.0

You can post a character profile here in the index: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=340.0

And we're ready to rock and roll from the look of things, so here's where the action begins!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=247453.0

Welcome to yet another Marvel-themed group game. I'd like for this to take place in something based off of the Marvel/Netflix continuity if that's okay but I'm open to other ideas. The main cast I was hoping for was as follows:

Matt Murdock/Daredevil (as of the end of season 2)
Jessica Jones/Jewel
Luke Cage/Power Man
Danny Rand/Iron Fist
Eric Brooks/Blade (the idea revolves around his presence, so he's essential)

Those are pretty much the must-haves for this since that makes up the show's lineup and introduces the true supernatural side to this particular story. Some other great options are:

Mark Spector/Moon Knight
Tandy Bowen/Dagger
Tyrone Johnson/Cloak
Elektra Natchios
Shang-Chi

I think that's about all I can come up with off the top of my head for those who are actually street-level. I'm willing to hear any and all ideas, though I'd prefer to leave the Avengers out of this one. I am, however, open to the idea of some of the Inhumans from Agents of SHIELD being part of it.

So anyway, if this sounds like a good idea, let your voice be heard and tell us who you'd like to play. I'm not going to claim a character yet so everyone has a fair shot at whomever they want.

Anyone who wants to commit can submit a character profile with this format:

Player Name:
Character Name/Alias:
Orientation: Feel free to break canon with these
Appearance (Real-world face claim and comic book image if possible):
Brief summary of abilities/Skills: If superhuman in terms of strength for example, try to give a relative example of their upper limits. Include weapons commonly brandished.
Established Relationships (where applicable): If you want to have your character be familiar with others prior to the game's starting point, list them and the level of familiarity or sort of relationship they share.
Desired Ons/Wishlist:
Absolute No-Nos:

Currently we have nearly every vital role filled, but there are still a few nice roles open to anyone wanting a piece of the action:

Elektra
Moon Knight
Echo
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Praxis

Interested!

Particularly so if you're keeping it small.

I'd like to write Iron Fist and if not him than Moon Knight.

When you talk Moon Knight do you mean mildly crazy Moon Knight or really crazy Moon Knight?

Mathim

Quote from: Praxis on April 07, 2016, 10:31:22 PM
Interested!

Particularly so if you're keeping it small.

I'd like to write Iron Fist and if not him than Moon Knight.

When you talk Moon Knight do you mean mildly crazy Moon Knight or really crazy Moon Knight?

I will leave the level of crazy entirely up to you, friend.   >:)
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Niferbelle

Hmmm. I love the Netflix shows. Would you consider somebody like the Black Cat?

Mathim

Quote from: Niferbelle on April 08, 2016, 08:56:31 PM
Hmmm. I love the Netflix shows. Would you consider somebody like the Black Cat?

Sure, Spider-Man's in the MCU now, so why not? But she'll have to be a good girl, this is strictly heroes and anti-heroes, not villains, at least not til we fill enough hero slots. No sneaky helping herself to the loot after she beats up some crooks.   ;D

eternaldarkness

I'm always down to play Cloak. He is one of my absolute favorite marvel heroes. Consider me interested.

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Mathim

Sure to both, but you may not find someone to play their significant partners necessarily, so perhaps try to reach out to the other players to form bonds. It won't be quite as easy as in the comics where everyone fits together neatly by design.

eternaldarkness

I'm fine with doing a solo cloak. I know how tough it can be to get someone willing to play characters that are tightly intertwined. Heck, his hunger for life energy would be a great motivator for cloak, and if someone decided to pick up Dagger later on then the that just makes for more interesting storytelling. That might necessitate a bit of an alteration to either/both characters' origin stories, though.

Juggtacular

I'd be interested in Cage or Blade. Or both really if you need someone to play them lol.

Sirian Eve

Wonderful! I'm not worried about forming bonds just yet. Anything can happen.

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Kadigan

I'd be interested in either Echo or White Tiger (Angela Del Toro version) if either would be acceptable.

Mathim

If you're online reliably, I don't mind letting some of you double up as long as it doesn't take away from someone else who might want to play one of them.

And while this is sort of meant to mirror the MCU Netflix continuity, I don't mind letting characters start from scratch as far as relations go (they've mostly never met each other anyway, unless it's integral to their origins) so if you want to have them be solo acts as far as not yet having partners they may have in the comics, that's fine, but also feel free to form new romantic entanglements if desired.

I don't know about Echo, I'll have to look that character up on wikipedia, but I'm familiar with White Tiger which would be totally cool.

Juggtacular

Mathim

Aside from whatever character I end up playing, I'm going to be doing an NPC Stick, who's sitting this fight out, but acts as sort of an early warning for what's coming. His message will be, "This is too big for the Chaste to handle. We're going to need to form something stronger."

I've put a character sheet in the first post in case anyone wants to definitively claim a character.

I would be interested in playing an original Inhuman, or if you can't fill the role, Jessica Jones. I'd prefer to stay OC though since even though I'm caught up on the MCU, my comics knowledge is limited.

Deathnote

Does Ben Reilly, AKA the Scarlet Spider count as a street-level superhero?  If not, I may consider playing as Matt Murdock instead.

Neysha

I might be interested in portraying Dagger/Tandy Bowen. Not extremely familiar with the character  but this is an AU basically and I have player her in RP before and it was fun.  :)
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Mathim

Quote from: Deathnote on April 10, 2016, 01:33:57 AM
Does Ben Reilly, AKA the Scarlet Spider count as a street-level superhero?  If not, I may consider playing as Matt Murdock instead.

Sadly no, since his counterpart Spider-Man is technically an Avenger in this universe.

And knowledge of the comics characters isn't that important, what matters is an understanding of their abilities and how to wield them, really. So as long as you can find their wikipedia entry and glance through the part about their powers and abilities, that should be plenty. Their personalities and such can be more or less your own. Just know that they're all going to have a target painted on their back whether they like it or not, and they can't avoid getting involved in the conflict.

Yeah, I get that, I'd just be more comfortable that way. :)

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Neysha on April 10, 2016, 07:08:08 AM
I might be interested in portraying Dagger/Tandy Bowen. Not extremely familiar with the character  but this is an AU basically and I have player her in RP before and it was fun.  :)

NEYSHA!!! Sorry 'bout last time, i was going through some stuff. Will you be my Dagger once more, madam? <3

Lithium

I'm down to play Jessica Jones. Unless someone else wants her, then there's plenty of other characters that I could play.

Mathim

Good to see so many interested parties! Let's get those character sheets in, I'm curious to see what face claims you guys choose for characters that haven't yet appeared in the MCU!

I should have one up in a few hours. Are you preferring real people face claims?