Looking for eccentric fantasy players both M and F for adventure and plotlines

Started by Chreestafer, January 02, 2014, 11:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chreestafer

This is beginning as an interest check

I am in search of roughly 7 players interested in a Fantasy setting role play game.  Adventure and plot twists will definitely be involved and I will be using ideas from a few pathfinder series that I have read / played.  This is however a freeform RP, however with most standard D&D style role-plays, I'm going to need a character sheet for each player prior to acceptance. Sex will be involved however it will not be a center point of the RP, There will be two of us playing and GMing (myself and Saiyuri) the game so we need 5 more players to be involved.

The Silence of Wintervale

The rains and the winds have pushed your weary feet towards the doors of the Broken Harp Inn (which is the number ! on the map), known for its lack luster music and its biting ale.  However, the Broken Harp inn is only one of the few inns of the town of Farkhaven, that accepts outside folk so kindly.  Whatever your reasons for travel might be, your mind and souls have lead you down this path, into this town, into this setting.  The door opens to find scraggly old patrons and single toothed wenches serving what they call ale.  As you find your seats amongst the room, the horrid harp player begins an unkindly tune that can make the dead cry. Those near the fire can read the papers hanging from the "Adventurers Wanted" wall, those at the bar beckoning for a room are questioned about their motives, and those among the other patrons can hear the whispers about the silence of Wintervale.

those talking to the Inn Keep:

"Aye so yer not here fer Wintervale then are ye?" the over sized and over aged inn keep said with a furrowed brow.  "that there town went silent months ago, and no one who ventured there has ever returned" the old man shook his head lightly.  "our mayor says the silence is from the hard traveled lands you see, it takes mere months to travel north over the crags, however if ye got yer self a sky ship, ye be there in days!" he chuckled as if there were something funny about sky ships.

Those reading the wanted section:

"Adventurers needed to find great or sad news about the village of Wintervale, it is a small village yes, but their harvests are bountiful and their crops bring both wealth and comfort to this here town.  A negotiable reward has been placed for those who can find out why Wintervale has gone silent."

and those hearing the whispers:

"have ye heard? something has woken up in the north something long forgotten and dark!" one man told another "bah! that is child lore! they just don't wanna trade wit us anymore, they've gone else where cause of our greedy mayor!"

In the end will you be the one to find out the silence and bring light to all the confusion?

Character Sheet

Photos: as many as you can get (face, sexual parts, gear, weapons, all of it ;) )
Player: obvious
Name: Character name here
Age: based on race and E rules, can be as young as 16 and up
Sex: male, female, trans, whatever you wish
Race: doubling races is ok, but lets mix it up a bit.
Class: obvious
Gear: what are you traveling with?
Weapons: mainly basic weapons, and one (maybe two if you ask) magical weapons
Powers: those who are magic users can have a list of powers/spells, I know this is free form however try and stick with the list, so if you want it, list it, but you aren't limited to the list, you can "learn" more later.  and realize just because this is free form doesn't mean a wizard can cast fireball 14 times in one fight, try and keep it realistic. :)
Characteristics: mean, tempered, ditzy, honorable
Bio / History : Who are you and why are you adventuring?
Fears: every grand wizard or great warrior has something that makes their skin crawl, what is yours?
Ons:
Offs:

Accepted Characters

Tristyn Talys

maps

Farkhaven

Wintervale

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

CarnivorousBunny

Interested.

Are there limitations to races? How do you feel about a 35-50 year old female adventurer? I think a seasoned adventurer has to be...a little older :) it comes with experience plus I want to try my hand at it.

May be a pain to find a picture though.  Will a description suffice?

Also why the call for eccentric players?
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Chreestafer

The call for eccentric is because I like uniqueness in my role plays.   Any you can play what ever race you like, now remember elves can live for thousands of years when humans only live for 50ish at most.  So what race and class were you thinking? As for describing things thats ok, I'd like photos so if you can find anything close to your character that'll work.  However if you find nothing a description is perfectly fine :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

CarnivorousBunny

Makes sense. What about kind of pictures? Any preferences for illustrated or real people?
my  o&o and a&a

Chreestafer

What ever you feel is good is ok with me :) what race/ class were u thinkin?
Ons and Offs
F-List

CarnivorousBunny

Hn. I've got this race that I cooked up for a game on another site that I've been wanting to play.

Or rather I took a mythological creature and turned it in to a playable race. Have you heard of skelkies? I basically turned them in to a small sized (like halfling tiny), amphibious race that does well as a bard/illusionist/rouge class. Poor constitution and strength, good dexterity and very naughty. My skelkies can breathe underwater and do require moisture for their skin, but they can go for up to a month without a dip before their skin cracks and about three before the condition becomes life threatening

If you're okay with this I can tailor them to suit this game better, like making them human sized (and only slightly smaller) and fix anything else you may not think goes well in the game.
my  o&o and a&a

Tsunami

To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

Chreestafer

Welcome aboard Tsunami! Any ideas?

And Bunny it sounds awsome though I haven't heard if em before.  And the size differences is ok with me but what do they look like? Do you have a photo?
Ons and Offs
F-List

Tsunami

CarnivorousBunny

No Photos. Most pictures I find make them out to be green people ono like seaweed people hehe but I made it do that they looked like people except their eyes are milky white. Only one unusual thing to make it not so hard to find/alter pictures.
my  o&o and a&a

Tsunami

Sorry I really wanted to play this half dragon character, maybe half vampire but I didn't think that would be allowed for the longest time.

Saiyuri

Photos:

Player: Saiyuri
Name: Alaina
Sex: Female
Race: Elf
Class: Archer
Gear: Cloak, satchel, gold, herbs, salted meat, bandages
Weapons: Bow, quiver, arrows, dagger, skinning knife.
Powers: Perfect Aim, Enhanced hearing and sight, Ice abilities, Tracking skills, Hunting skills
Characteristics: Sweet, flirty, loyal, strong
Bio / History: Orphaned at birth, Alaina was taken in by a humble warrior and taught how to fight at a young age. She persevered with the bow and found she had the gift to hit any target at any range. Eventually, her talents were recognized by the ruling kingdom and Alaina was called upon to became an archer for King. She was used at his disposal for various quests and missions but always wished to travel the lands and seek her own adventures.
Fears: Greatest fear is losing her father
Ons: handsome men, sweet talkers, flirting, kissing, biting, petting, groping, licking, strength. Men, possibly women, threesomes.
Offs: rudeness, stubbornness, torture

Chreestafer

I'm very anti vampires lol I think they're over rated.  But the dragon has me intrigued :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

Tsunami

The vampire just because I was watching a TV show..but mostly the half dragon idea is the strong idea

CarnivorousBunny

I found these pictures.  They aren't really one of an adventuress, but I figured i could just combine them with a description:

Wadda ya think?
my  o&o and a&a

Chreestafer

I love the photo and the idea is awesome so just set up a character sheet and all should be great :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

Wargtass

O/O

Tsunami

Photo:

Player: Tsunami

Nane:Ash

Sex: male

Class:fighter

Race: half dragon

Gear: camping equipment, gold, horse.

Weapons: two swords and dagger.

Powers: sword mastery, ability to breath fire twice a day, enhanced strength, and natural armor.

Characteristics: flighty when it comes to mundane task with a strong sense of honor.

Bio:

Born to a well know dragon hunter known as Asher. Ash had been raised a very limited life never staying in one area to long always moving on to the next adventure with his father. As he grew his father taught him the ways of the sword expecting his son to take his place as a great dragon hunter. This was a very acceptable dream until his 16th year of life, where his life was changed completely. 
        On this most tragic of days he woke up to the smell of fire and the soul crushing sound of his father screams. He quickly ran from  his tent and saw a dragon unlike any he had seen before, with his massive claw over his father's chest. With a mere flinch of his arm his father was no more, and as his rage built up he released a blast of fire from his mouth hitting the dragon back.  The Dragon turned and seem to smile as it rose into the sur taking flight and leaving the young man to tend to his father. That day guys life changed and he swore vengeance and searches for that dragon swear to strike the beast down with his father's sword.

Fears: deep down he is scared of the dragon that took his dad's life

CarnivorousBunny

Photos:

Mahi is short in stature, standing at four feet eleven.  Many Skelkies, even those at death's door, retain a very youthful air about them, it is all a part of their playful nature.  Mahi is no exception.  A healthy glow surrounds her and she has an infectious smile and impish wink.
She is usually in light leather armor and walks around with bare feet.  Mahi's hair is never let down, and as much possible it is hidden under a hood while adventuring.  After having her hair grabbed one too many times she has learned her lesson.  However this hood must be made of a light material so she does not suffocate her gills, which can be found at the back of her neck. 
Years of life on the road have left her with a collection of notable scars.  She has several on her arms and legs, but the worst one is from a particularly nasty encounter.  It tells a tale of a few ripped gills, now healed and functioning but mangled.

Player: CarnivorousBunny
Name: Mahinhin Lalim, Mahi for short
Sex: Female
Race: Skelkie
Class: Thief

Gear: Dice (both loaded and regular), rope, lockpicks, flint and steel, and a waterskin.
Weapons: A scimitar, a tiny concealed pocket knife, and a yoyo.
Powers: Some illusion magic (like summoning bursts of light or creating shadows), fantastic stealth, great speech craft, acrobatics, and trap detection.

Characteristics: Energetic, likeable, a natural performer, compulsive thief, and chaotic neutral.   Mahi is not the most reliable and loyal party member and she tends to steal from friends and foes alike.  It's a little game she does to pass the time.  She gets extra points if she can return the item after it is discovered missing, her friends get extra points if they find it on her.
Bio / History : Skelkies don't live very long; sixty is as long as they go.  As a consequence the whole lot of them seem hellbent on living their lives to the fullest and savouring every moment of life.  Mahi is no different.  She started out by searching for adventure by making it her sworn duty to conquer all the roofs in her village.   Then her desire for mischief was sated by stealing her parents snacks. 
Soon the thrill of 'finding' the town elders' ceremonial dagger was not fun anymore.  The thirst for her next high was growing stronger, so Mahi set out to search for it along with her fortune. (A fortune that has manifested itself as a few extra pounds padding her belly and bottom from all the alcohol and sweets she splurges on.) 
Mahi decided to take up the Windervale quest out of curiosity and the potential to make great connections to a wealthy town. (Before robbing them blind of course)     

Fears: Dry heat makes her uncomfortable, but that's an instinctive reaction.  Cats of all sizes are her true phobia.

Ons: Teasing, playful rough housing, NC, and intellect.
Offs: Scat, vore, extreme torture, and the weak-willed.

Aaaand I'm done!
my  o&o and a&a

1SAZ

Tossing my interest in here. Was thinking about playing a Satyr bard who's handy with a sword, but it's rather difficult to find a good picture of a Satyr that isn't from Pan's Labrynth or The Chronicles of Narnia. I'll keep looking and try to work on my sheet once I've found one, assuming this character idea is alright.

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

CarnivorousBunny

my  o&o and a&a

MelisaArtemis

Interested. But first, a few questions.

1. Anyone mind if I play a Kitsune (Fox-human)?
2. What part of Elliquiy will this RP goes to? Light, NC or Extreme? (Since the minimum character age is 16, I think Extreme would be somewhat.... a bad idea I guess....)

PS: Farkhaven Map kinda makes me think of Prontera from Ragnarok Online XDD

Thorne

Hrm. This does look vaguely interesting.
I'unno. I could.. *cough* dredge up the dragon that got stuck in my character folder years ago, but I think that might be more eccentric than you had in mind.

If that didn't scare you off, lemme see what I've got in the folders...?
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

bokotousamurai

Pending intretest, especially if I can be a herm/futanari, though I have to admit its been a while since I've done anything D&D/pathfinder related so I might need help there.
I'm the coolest nerd there is, and I don't care that that isn't an accomplishment.

Chreestafer

Anyone's interest is greatly appreciated :) and honestly you can he what ever it is you wish.  Just drawl up a character sheet and pm it to me.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Iblis121

Luvan95

Oh, this really grabbed my interset. Is there still room for another player to join?
On's/Off's

Edit 24/9-21: Have been gone for a while, but now I'm back and ready to play.