A DC Universe Of Our Own (Mutants & Masterminds Variant)

Started by Norsegod1839, December 04, 2017, 12:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 07:12:20 PM
I'd recommend editing in what PPs you spent in each section, makes it easier to check if you did everything correct. :)

A few notes;

Your Offence at first to me looked off by a fair bit, though I figured out what's up with him.

Btw your Initiative is your Agility score with any modifiers, such as the Improved Initiative you have (It should be +8 by count given your current sheet).

So... Your close combat score to hit alone is over 20, without the effect damage does included, I'd reduce either the Close Combat Advantage or reduce your Hand to Hand skill. See also that the Ranged Attack advantage also is included in the max of 20. You need to balance 20 between the 'to hit' modifier and the effect (damage). This isn't the base, it's the final total you need to consider.

Your Fortitude + Will goes over 20.

Your Investigation is 21 when the max is 20.

I'll check the Equipment over tomorrow, though as mentioned on the original Batman sheet, they don't actually include prices for the added items in the utility belt. I'll actually go over the items you included with you in PM, to sort them out more.

I did some adjustments! But I think my points are still off like you said!

wander

I Pmed you explaining more on Equipment, so we can get that solved nicely over that medium then edit your sheet accordingly.

If I can see where your 150 PPs went in each section (see like how I put next to each section title the number in brackets on my Superman sheet), I can see what I can do to shift a few things round and get him game-ready for you.

He's a badass and he's like 90% done now, with a few finishing touches he's golden. :)

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 07:35:48 PM
I Pmed you explaining more on Equipment, so we can get that solved nicely over that medium then edit your sheet accordingly.

If I can see where your 150 PPs went in each section (see like how I put next to each section title the number in brackets on my Superman sheet), I can see what I can do to shift a few things round and get him game-ready for you.

He's a badass and he's like 90% done now, with a few finishing touches he's golden. :)

I got the PM up now and am trying to make some further adjustments! This equipment stuff is slowing me down a bit! But want to get it finished tonight so we can help everyone else!

TFcommando

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 05:55:48 PM
Posting my Supes here, so I don't have to worry about Bio hijinks just yet, I'll do that stuff tomorrow. Here's what I did for him;

Abilities (38 PPs)

Str 5
Sta 5
Agl 1
Dex 1
Fgt 4
Int 1
Awe 1
Pre 1

Offence;
Initiative +1

+14 Unarmed Attack, 5 damage.
+9 Heat Vision, 9 damage.

Defences (24 PPs)
Dodge: 1 (+8pts) 9
Fort: 5 (+4pts) 9
Parry: 4 (+5pts) 9
Tough: [10]
Will: 1 (+7pts) 8

I touched on stats earlier... you might consider buying Stamina up to 10 since you bought up Protection and Fortitude.  That would give you a big advantage for endurance rolls, as we rarely see Superman get tired.  Conversely, I'd drop all the 1s you have to 0s and buy up the skill(s) linked to them, since it's generally only one skill per stat.   A high Awareness is worth it though, since it goes with Will defense, and both Perception and Insight are useful, even just at the default from a 6 or better Awareness.  Fighting 4 doesn't get you much.  If you drop it to 0 and put the points into just Parry and Close Combat, you'd save a few points.  The only thing you'd lose is the ability to do grabs, disarms and such, but with a 4, you'd be hard-pressed to even grab plain goons.

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 05:55:48 PM

Skills (11 PPs; 22 skill points)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 10 (+14)
Expertise (Krypton) 1 (+2)
Expertise (Journalism) 1 (+2)
Perception 1 (+2)
Persuasion 1 (+2)
Ranged Combat (Heat Vision) 8 (+9)

Advantages (8 PPs);
Beginner's Luck, Extraordinary Effort, Inspire, Interpose, Languages (Kryptonian), Leadership, Seize Initiative, Ultimate Effort (Toughness tests).

Powers (69 PPs);

Flight: Flight Rank 9 (1,000mph) (18 PPs)

Heat Vision: Ranged Damage 9, Reduced Range (9 PPs)

Invulnerability: Protection 5, Impervious Toughness 10, Immunity (Life Support) (25 PPs)

Super Senses: Senses 6: extended hearing, extended vision, infravision, ultra-hearing, vision penetrates concealment (except lead). (6 PPs)

Super Speed: Quickness 5 (5 PPs)

Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 6, Limited to Lifting (Str 11: 50 tons lifting). (6 PPs)

There are only three levels of range in M&M, Close, Ranged and Perception.  By taking Reduced Range on the Heat Vision, it only works as a melee attack, in adjacent squares.  Was that what you were looking for?  If not, you might consider making it an alternate power with the Super Strength and Quickness, since there are very few times you'd be using them at the same time.  Removing the Ranged Combat Skill and replacing it with Accurate will give you more points for the alternate powers.  An example:

24 Powers and abilities beyond mortal men!
Heat Vision: Ranged Damage 9, Accurate 5 (23 PPs)
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 6, Limited to Lifting (Str 11: 50 tons lifting). (6 PPs) Super Speed: Quickness 5 (5 PPs) (And 12 points for more Lifting Strength, Quickness or other powers to use when not using heat vision)

That would cost the same as your current setup.

The low Strength and high Close Combat skill seems atypical for a paragon/powerhouse type, who usually have higher damage and lower to-hits than the PL.  It can still work, of course, though you will definitely want to consider the Power Attack advantage, which lets you do +5 damage at the cost of -5 to hit (Anyone can do this at +2/-2, and other trade off ones at that level, like Accurate Attack or Defensive Attack).  As of now, Batman can do more damage output than Superman!

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

TheVillain

Let's try this out.

Hourman

Section 1: The Basics

Hero: "The Hour Man"

Player: TheVillain

Identity: DEO Agent Rick Tyler

Secret Or Public: Semi-Secret, Rick Tyler is a known FBI Agent but his metahuman ability and the circumstances of how he acquired this ability are classified.

Section 2: Physical Description

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 175 lbs

Eye color: Blue

Hair Color: Brown

Optional Face Claim: Patrick J Adams

Section 3: Personal History

Personality: A bit of a bad boy by the standards of FBI Agents but that doesn't mean a whole lot. A believer in his own skills and in the law, Rick understands that some secrets need to stay secret. Between that and his skills he's been recruited into the DEO, the Department of Extranormal Operations. A branch of the FBI that specificlaly deals with "unusual cases". Will occasionally crack a joke but when it's crunch time he's a professional through and through.

Biography: Rick Tyler could of laid back on his trust fund and enjoyed the easy life. His grandfather was Rex Tyler, the founder of Tyler Pharmaceuticals and secretly the 30's superhero Miraclo. Rex used a pill he invented to give himself temporary superpowers, but the addiction killed him in the end. The Tyler family both was inspired by their ancestor and used as a warning about the dangers of drug addiction. Rick would instead use his money to get one of the best educations money could by and became an FBI Agent.

Secretly, he's more then that. Within the FBI is a secret inner branch specifically for dealing with "unusual cases" like those involving metahumans called the DEO. The DEO quietly recruited him with their knowledge of his family's superhero past and with the promise of better training and clearence. A group of FBI agents trying to keep up with metahumans seems like it's doomed to failure but they seem to do fine.

Things changed a couple months ago. While out with other DEO agents on a training excercises, Rick became one of his own cases when he was apparently abducted by aliens right in front of other DEO agents. He was returned apparently unharmed but in a coma, exactly one hour later.

His first seizure was while he was in the hospital after he finally woke up. In the seizure he had a vision of a crazed gunman opening fire in a shopping mall killing several people including a US Senator. Senator Ervin Simon was indeed assassinated along with several other people - exactly one hour later. That's Rick's life now. No medication seems to have any effect on the seizures, sometimes he even gets a few days between them. But it always goes like that. Rick has a seizure, during which he gets a vision of some upcoming tragedy or horror - and when he comes out of it he gets One Hour to Prevent it.

He's taken to calling it his Hour of Power, because when he's had one of his seizures - the Clock is Ticking.

Group Affiliation: Rick is an FBI Agent, specifically working in the DEO branch.

Base Of Operations: FBI Branches and HQ locations.

Section 4: Equipment

Costume: Rick tries for a more subtle approach and usually appears as a normal FBI Agent.

Equipment/ Gadgets: DEO Standard Equipment, which includes a Kevler Undershirt, a Heavy Pistol, His Badge, a Multitool, a Cellphone, and a Lock Release Gun.

Section 5: General Stats

Power Level: 10

Total Power Points: 150

Powers: - 1 PP
Hour of Power [Senses 4 (Precognition - Flaws: Tiring, Uncontrolled, Unreliable)] - Ever since his abduction, Rick has been getting violent seizures almost daily. However, with each seizure comes a precognitive vision of something that's going to happen in exactly 60 Minutes. Rick has no control over his metahuman ability, and gets very little warning when it flares up - but he's still determined to use his ability to save lives.

Advantages: - 23 PP
Assessment, Benefit 3 [Security Clearence 3], Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 3, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 7, Takedown 1, Teamwork, Well-Informed, Equipment 3

Skills: - 39 PP (78 Ranks)
Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat (+10), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise Law Enforcement 9 (+12), Insight 8 (+12), Intimidation 8 (+12), Investigation 9 (+12), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+12), Ranged Combat 6 Guns (+10), Stealth 7 (+10), Vehicles 4 (+8)

Defenses:
Dodge 10 (7)
Parry 10
Fortitude 8 (5)
Toughness 7/3
Will 10 (6)

Section 6: Abilities - 68 PP

Strength: 3

Agility: 3

Fighting: 10

Awareness: 4

Stamina: 3

Dexterity: 4

Intellect: 3

Presence: 4

Section 7: Offense
DEO Pistol: Damage 5 +15
Grab +10 DC 13
Throw +11 DC 18
Unarmed +10 DC 18

Section 8: Complications
Medical Condition - Rick's precognitive events are accompanied by dramatic and unmedicatable seizures.
Motivation: Doing Good - Rick ultimately is just trying to do the best he can with this new power of his, as he's painfully aware that when he doesn't act on his visions it usually means people die.
Obsession - Rick wants to know why the "aliens" picked him and gave him this power. [The Aliens were actually his own descendents from the far future, but their motives are still unknown.]
Responsibility - Rick is still an FBI Agent, specifically with the DEO Branch. Currently this is a boon actually as it gives him a level of access to act on his visions that he wouldn't normally have but it does lead to some butting of heads.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TFcommando

Some of it has been touched on already, but chiming in too!

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 14, 2017, 06:09:11 PM
And following that this is tentatively my Batman!

Abilities (31 PPs)

Strength: 2
Agility: 4
Fighting: 7
Awareness: 3
Stamina:  2
Dexterity: 3
Intellect: 7
Presence: 3

Offence:

Batarang 15
Unarmed 25
Ranged Damage 8
Close Damage 6

Defense

Dodge 14
Parry 10
Will 15
Fortitude 5
Toughness 8/4

Skills:

Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 7 (+9), Deception 7 (+14), Expertise Hand to Hand Fighting 10 (+17), Expertise criminology 9 (+16), insight 10 (+17), Intimidation 10 (+13) Investigation 14 (+20), Perception 10 (+13), Persuasion 5 (+12) Stealth 13 (+15) Technology 8 (+15) Treatment 5 (+12) Vehicles 8 (+15)

You can buy up your Agility and buy down dodge, Stealth and Acrobatics by a similar amount.  If you do it by 4, you save the point spent on Heightened Initiative.  Dex and Ranged Combat you can buy down to replace with Ranged Combat: Batarangs (or Throwing) and Vehicle skill.  The flash bombs, grenades and such don't require to-hit rolls since they're area effect weapons.  Ranged Attack applies to all ranged combat, which isn't needed in this case.

Likewise, switch out Presence to raise the three social skills by an equal amount, and Awareness vs. Will, Perception and Insight, since they're all high for him.

The Jack of All Trades advantage lets you use skills untrained.  Definitely consider the Eidetic Memory advantage, which lets you make Expertise rolls untrained too, and is great for showing how Batman will always come up with a lot of information on the most obscure of subjects.   You spent 20 points on Int-based skills.  If you shift those points to Intelligence, you'll have a 17 Int and thus +17 on all the skills (and can find a few points to raise up Investigation to 20). 

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 14, 2017, 06:09:11 PM

Advantages:

Assessment, Benefit 3 (billionaire), Close Attack 6, Connected contacts, Daze (intimidation), Defensive Attack, Defensive roll 4, Equipment 20,  Evasion, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Instant Up, Inventor, Jack Of All Trades, Langauges 4, Move By action, Power Attack, Precise Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery (intimidation), Skill Mastery (investigation), Startle, Tracking, Well informed

Equipment

Flashlight  feature 1 (illumination) 1 point
Grapnel Gun Super Movement (Swinging) 2 Points
Mini Tracers Feature 1 (Tracking) 1 Point
Rebreather  immunity 2 (Suffocation) Limited 1 point

Utility Belt: Array (19 points)
Bolo’s Ranged Affliction 4 (resisted by dodge, hindered and vulnerable, defenseless and immobile) 12 points

Batman makes a ranged attack check against
the target’s Dodge. If successful, the target makes a
DC 14 Dodge check. On a failure, the target moves
at half speed and has half normal Dodge and Parry.
With two degrees of failure, they cannot move and
are at 0 Dodge and Parry.

Batarangs strength based ranged damage 2 * 2 points

Throwing weapons doing Damage rank
2 plus Batman’s Strength 4. Batman makes a ranged
attack check against the target’s Dodge. If successful,
the target makes a DC 21 Toughness check

Cutting Torch Damage 1 (heat) linked to weaken objects toughness 1 * 2 points

Gauntlets slashing damage 4 * 1 point

Explosive Batarangs ranged burst damage 2 * 1 point

Throwing weapons that do
Damage rank 4 to all targets in a 30-foot radius.

Flash Bombs Ranged burst area affliction 4 (resisted by fortitude, vision impaired, vision disabled, vision unaware) *2 points

Release a brilliant flash of light; targets
in a 30-foot radius make a Fortitude check (DC 13).
Failure is a –2 penalty on checks involving vision.
Two degree is a –5 while three or more leaves the
target blinded. Make a new Fortitude check each
round to recover.

Smoke Bombs Cloud area visual concealment attack 2 * 1 point

Release a thick cloud of smoke,
allowing Batman to make Stealth checks to hide
even someone has already spotted him.

Tear Gas Bomb Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 3 (resisted by fortitude, dazed and vision impaired stunned and vision disabled, incapacitated) * 1 point

One big thing... the Equipment advantage gives you 5 Equipment points for every Power Point.  The gear you have now would only require Equipment 5 to afford (and give you one more equipment point).  That'd give you a lot more points to play with.  You could get a Batcave and Batmobile too.  One of the Gadget Guides has a Tumbler-inspired writeup that costs 30 EP, so Equipment 6, for reference.

Things bought with Equipment points are more fragile and have less "plot immunity" that gadgets bought with points, its worth noting.  That's why I'm a little leery of having the damage-dealing gauntlets in there.  You might want to buy some Damage as a power, defined as "Martial Arts" or "hit them where it hurts," so he's capable even when his utility belt is gone. 
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TFcommando

Quote from: TheVillain on December 14, 2017, 11:55:16 PM
Hourman
Section 5: General Stats

Power Level: 10

Total Power Points: 150

Powers: - 2 PP
Hour of Power [Senses 4 (Precognition - Flaws: Tiring, Uncontrolled)] - Ever since his abduction, Rick has been getting violent seizures almost daily. However, with each seizure comes a precognitive visions of something that's going to happen in exactly 60 Minutes. Rick has no control over his metahuman ability, and gets very little warning when it flares up - but he's still determined to use his ability to save lives.

Advantages: - 22 PP
Assessment, Benefit 3 [Security Clearence 3], Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 3, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown 1, Teamwork, Well-Informed, Equipment 3

Skills: - 40 PP (80 Ranks)
Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat (+10), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise Law Enforcement 9 (+12), Insight 8 (+12), Intimidation 8 (+12), Investigation 9 (+12), Perception 8 (+12), Persuasion 8 (+12), Ranged Combat 2 Guns (+6), Stealth 7 (+10), Vehicles 8 (+12)

Defenses:
Dodge 10 (7)
Parry 10
Fortitude 8 (5)
Toughness 7/3
Will 10 (6)

Section 6: Abilities - 68 PP

Strength: 3

Agility: 3

Fighting: 10

Awareness: 4

Stamina: 3

Dexterity: 4

Intellect: 3

Presence: 4

Section 7: Offense
DEO Pistol: Damage 5 +10
Grab +10 DC 13
Throw +10 DC 18
Unarmed +10 DC 18

Section 8: Complications
Motivation: Doing Good - Rick ultimately is just trying to do the best he can with this new power of his, as he's painfully aware that when he doesn't act on his visions it usually means people die.
Obsession - Rick wants to know why the "aliens" picked him and gave him this power. [The Aliens were actually his own descendents from the far future, but their motives are still unknown.]
Responsibility - Rick is still an FBI Agent, specifically with the DEO Branch. Currently this is a boon actually as it gives him a level of access to act on his visions that he wouldn't normally have but it does lead to some butting of heads.
[/spoiler]

You might want to bring your main defenses up to the power level cap.  With Toughness 7, make Dodge 13, or buy more Defensive Roll to get Toughness up to 10.  Likewise, all your attacks are underpowered.  The usual thing for normal-type heroes is to buy up the accuracy more and take Power Attack for a lucky/skilled shot that does a lot of damage when needed.  +15 Guns instead of just +10.  Same thing for unarmed combat, with buying a couple of points of close damage defined as fighting ability. 

You could get the Precognition down to 1 point, as it's not only Uncontrolled, but Unreliable as well, which covers not being able to use it often.  The seizures that go with it could make a good Complication as well.

The things I said about characteristics apply here too.  It's an effects-based system, so a low stat and a high skill means that someone is just as good as the opposite.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

wander

Quote from: TFcommando on December 14, 2017, 11:54:35 PM
I touched on stats earlier... you might consider buying Stamina up to 10 since you bought up Protection and Fortitude.  That would give you a big advantage for endurance rolls, as we rarely see Superman get tired.

Good point, it's more I wanted the Impervious Toughness covered and based the rough purchase in a similar manner to the canon Superman sheet from the DC Adventures books. Having a higher Stamina would be good, so I'll see if I can tweak it slightly, probably not all the way up to 10, though closer to it.

QuoteThere are only three levels of range in M&M, Close, Ranged and Perception.  By taking Reduced Range on the Heat Vision, it only works as a melee attack, in adjacent squares.  Was that what you were looking for?  If not, you might consider making it an alternate power with the Super Strength and Quickness, since there are very few times you'd be using them at the same time.

Yeah, I fucked up. I meant to get the flaw that chips the length of range down, not the type (I meant Diminished Range, basically). However that has a -1 flat point cost, which means I'd need to rejig my powers... D'oh.

QuoteRemoving the Ranged Combat Skill and replacing it with Accurate will give you more points for the alternate powers.

An example:

24 Powers and abilities beyond mortal men!
Heat Vision: Ranged Damage 9, Accurate 5 (23 PPs)
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 6, Limited to Lifting (Str 11: 50 tons lifting). (6 PPs)
Super Speed: Quickness 5 (5 PPs) (And 12 points for more Lifting Strength, Quickness or other powers to use when not using heat vision)

That would cost the same as your current setup.

The low Strength and high Close Combat skill seems atypical for a paragon/powerhouse type, who usually have higher damage and lower to-hits than the PL.  It can still work, of course, though you will definitely want to consider the Power Attack advantage, which lets you do +5 damage at the cost of -5 to hit (Anyone can do this at +2/-2, and other trade off ones at that level, like Accurate Attack or Defensive Attack).  As of now, Batman can do more damage output than Superman!

Back to the drawing board for a bit then. I'm fairly busy today, though I'll see what I can do later and tomorrow.

TFcommando

I'm still mulling over ideas for the former Batgirl as sorceress.  One is that there's a hidden world of magic in Gotham and the world and she ran across it on a case, learned more to solve it/find the missing girl and got too deep to get back out, couldn't close her eyes to what she was seeing and go back to just punching bank robbers and lunatics.  She retired as Batgirl (possibly ritually sacrificing her fighting skills for sorcerous power) and as Barbara Gordon, opened an occult bookstore while moving deeper and deeper into the world of magic, keeping it from bleeding out too much into the "mundane" parts of the city/world, and giving Batman and her father tips of the more conventional crimes she learns of.  Still good, but her standards and perspectives have shifted.

It's a perverted sort of magic she has an affinity towards, gaining energy for it via ritual sex.  She and Zatanna might have been intimates for a while, learning from each other.  She kept this from Batman and the others for their protection.  Question is, why did she break her isolation and join the Justice League?  Perhaps Zatanna was asked but was busy/in another dimension, and asked Barbara to take her spot.

Sexy Zatanna!

Topless conceptual image!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Another concept is a Cheetah-themed speedster.  A teenage/early college female relative of Barbara Minerva who somehow ended up with some the curse/power she'd been drawing on (cut herself on the ritual dagger?).  Could be fully furry (and naked!) or just spots, ears and a tail, inspired by the DC Super Hero Girls Cheetah.  She might not be able to lead a normal life thanks to her changes but is still determined to do good (and she doesn't stand out in/as a member of the Justice League, helping with acceptance).  That would be an interesting connection with our Wonder Woman.

One more is a supernaturally-enhanced Phantom Lady, one of the early "good girl" heroines who's had a few legacy versions (and some reboots) over the years.  A sexy costumed normal who deals more with espionage and terrorism rather than organized crime, she has a couple of gadgets with an illusion/darkness/invisibility theme.  Like the Batgirl concept, she'd have had a run-in with the hidden supernatural part of the world and been changed by it, now linked to an amulet called the "succubus eye" that gives her some supernatural support powers, shapeshifting, the ability to see the supernatural, perhaps teleporting or darkness.  A punching detective hero, but with a very different niche and focus than Batman.

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 15, 2017, 01:25:25 PM
I'm still mulling over ideas for the former Batgirl as sorceress.  One is that there's a hidden world of magic in Gotham and the world and she ran across it on a case, learned more to solve it/find the missing girl and got too deep to get back out, couldn't close her eyes to what she was seeing and go back to just punching bank robbers and lunatics.  She retired as Batgirl (possibly ritually sacrificing her fighting skills for sorcerous power) and as Barbara Gordon, opened an occult bookstore while moving deeper and deeper into the world of magic, keeping it from bleeding out too much into the "mundane" parts of the city/world, and giving Batman and her father tips of the more conventional crimes she learns of.  Still good, but her standards and perspectives have shifted.

It's a perverted sort of magic she has an affinity towards, gaining energy for it via ritual sex.  She and Zatanna might have been intimates for a while, learning from each other.  She kept this from Batman and the others for their protection.  Question is, why did she break her isolation and join the Justice League?  Perhaps Zatanna was asked but was busy/in another dimension, and asked Barbara to take her spot.

Sexy Zatanna!

Topless conceptual image!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Another concept is a Cheetah-themed speedster.  A teenage/early college female relative of Barbara Minerva who somehow ended up with some the curse/power she'd been drawing on (cut herself on the ritual dagger?).  Could be fully furry (and naked!) or just spots, ears and a tail, inspired by the DC Super Hero Girls Cheetah.  She might not be able to lead a normal life thanks to her changes but is still determined to do good (and she doesn't stand out in/as a member of the Justice League, helping with acceptance).  That would be an interesting connection with our Wonder Woman.

One more is a supernaturally-enhanced Phantom Lady, one of the early "good girl" heroines who's had a few legacy versions (and some reboots) over the years.  A sexy costumed normal who deals more with espionage and terrorism rather than organized crime, she has a couple of gadgets with an illusion/darkness/invisibility theme.  Like the Batgirl concept, she'd have had a run-in with the hidden supernatural part of the world and been changed by it, now linked to an amulet called the "succubus eye" that gives her some supernatural support powers, shapeshifting, the ability to see the supernatural, perhaps teleporting or darkness.  A punching detective hero, but with a very different niche and focus than Batman.

I am kind of digging your female cheetah idea! Sounds like it could be a ton of fun! You can always play multiples to if you want!

TheVillain

Will make some adaptations to Hour Man, if I get a vote I'm more a fan of the Phantom Lady. Kind of have a thing for the classics though.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TheVillain on December 15, 2017, 02:17:52 PM
Will make some adaptations to Hour Man, if I get a vote I'm more a fan of the Phantom Lady. Kind of have a thing for the classics though.

I say throw them all in! lol

TheVillain

Made some changes to the Hour Man app. Kept the defenses where they are but did the other things TF suggested.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TheVillain on December 15, 2017, 02:27:53 PM
Made some changes to the Hour Man app. Kept the defenses where they are but did the other things TF suggested.

Looking good! You can go ahead and post it onto the character she thread if you want Villian!

TFcommando

Quote from: TheVillain on December 15, 2017, 02:17:52 PM

Working on both now.  Not sure I'll run both at once, but one could always have them "tag out."

A concern about Hourman... Batman really hates guns, and someone who has one as a primary attack might cause friction.  Game-wise, there's no mechanical difference between  "shooting to disable" and "shooting to kill," especially with minions.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TheVillain

Quote from: TFcommando on December 15, 2017, 05:07:07 PM
Working on both now.  Not sure I'll run both at once, but one could always have them "tag out."

A concern about Hourman... Batman really hates guns, and someone who has one as a primary attack might cause friction.  Game-wise, there's no mechanical difference between  "shooting to disable" and "shooting to kill," especially with minions.

I think of his primary attack of being his badge, the gun is just more obvious to stat. Plus, with that Fighting Stat he's got to have some martial arts chops.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TheVillain on December 15, 2017, 05:09:52 PM
I think of his primary attack of being his badge, the gun is just more obvious to stat. Plus, with that Fighting Stat he's got to have some martial arts chops.

Plus I dont think Batman forces that on other hero's? At least in most comics I read with him. Superman doesnt kill primarily but isnt above doing it if it's needed and Batman never really forces or holds that against him.

TheVillain

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 15, 2017, 05:11:48 PM
Plus I dont think Batman forces that on other hero's? At least in most comics I read with him. Superman doesnt kill primarily but isnt above doing it if it's needed and Batman never really forces or holds that against him.

Meanwhile Wondy straight up hates Necks.

[I can see friction with Bats for sure. Though it probably helps that Rick is a legit federal agent.]

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TheVillain on December 15, 2017, 05:13:14 PM
Meanwhile Wondy straight up hates Necks.

[I can see friction with Bats for sure. Though it probably helps that Rick is a legit federal agent.]

Plus my batman is the older sort.... so I assume he will have gained some kind of resignation that guns are a thing people use!

wander

And slowly I recover from christmas work's do!  :D

Tomorrow I'm gonna tweak Supes... I'm gonna look at some of the Paragon sample build in the corebook along with TF's tips to get my character up to scratch and be good to go. :)

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 16, 2017, 05:34:32 PM
And slowly I recover from christmas work's do!  :D

Tomorrow I'm gonna tweak Supes... I'm gonna look at some of the Paragon sample build in the corebook along with TF's tips to get my character up to scratch and be good to go. :)

Sounds good! I have not had a chance to work on my Batman yet!

wander

My aim will not to be min-max though I clearly did mess up a few things, I'd have done some work today though between hangover and knowing it's a bit of a big job to redo, I'mma do it tomorrow now instead.  ;D

wander

An update from myself is I'm putting Supes on the back-burner, TF you already got a Supes sheet done so maybe you can play that one?

Atm I'm working on The Flash for myself as I feel more comfortable doing that than just tweaking Supes more.  :-)

TFcommando

Quote from: wander on December 17, 2017, 10:54:00 AM
An update from myself is I'm putting Supes on the back-burner, TF you already got a Supes sheet done so maybe you can play that one?

Atm I'm working on The Flash for myself as I feel more comfortable doing that than just tweaking Supes more.  :-)

I should have the Phantom Lady and Cheetah up shortly, I can't switch again now. :)  Superman doesn't grab me as a character choice, but if anyone wants to use the sheet as a basis, feel free!
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 17, 2017, 10:54:00 AM

Iam hoping to finish batman today! Hey Wander have you ever used this IRC thing to chat? If so can I when I get to my desk get on it with you so we can do some live chatting about my batman?