The Collapse of Mankind, oh and Earth too. (Not a comedy)

Started by Demigod1945, October 11, 2013, 12:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mercurio123

AnaBellaJade

AnaBellaJade

Name: Annalisa McDermot

Background: Annalisa is a recent college graduate who was interning at a local middle school as an Earth Science teacher. She was raised in foster care with 3 foster brothers and 2 foster sisters, she learned to defend herself from her drunk foster mother and a foster father that had an interest in her at the age of 13. Annalisa was a very outgoing woman once she left her foster family but still had a hard time trusting people and never had many friends or a serious relationship. At the time of the worlds end she and 18 of her students were in New York to visit the New York Hall of Science for a school approved field trip.

Special skills or training- Basic hand to hand combat. Good leader, and knowledge of basic practical sciences from her 10 months of teaching.

Hazel

Thank you. Are we still going with the original monsters, or keeping them and adding more?

Mercurio123

Thanks Ana, looking good.

Since we basically start only a few months after the event unlike the original which would have been several years after I was planning on introducing them a bit at a time. The reapers would be the worst of the lot IMO but there is nothing stopping us from dreaming up some other nasties. I'm open to suggestions from either of you or I can just dream something up.

Just read both your posts. top stuff! You'll have to excuse me I will be a bit slow in my posts but I'll do my best to get one up if not today then tomorrow the latest.

Cheers,
M

AnaBellaJade

Thanks, first time I RPed as a human lol. I'm sure we can figure out some of the monsters, I can brainstorm tonight.

Hazel

Congrats on being accepted AnaBelle. The slowly growing horde is a great idea, I was hoping we could mix and match from various media. Xenos from aliens, Something from doom, maybe those bird things from dead space.

AnaBellaJade

thanks ;D
I think that is a good idea it will also help give us a predatory and visual representation for them.

Vill

Evening! Or morning -- unimportant.

I'm glad to see that this idea wasn't hung out on the proverbial clothes line to dry. I'm currently waiting for my application to be accepted, but this game looks like it could be right up my ally. I'm pretty much available to post at least once, if not multiple times, a day. There might be a slight hic-up in my posting early next week as I'll be standing body guard for an inanimate object at an undisclosed location...

WTH does that even mean!? Mysterious... But! There should be Wi-Fi where I'm going, and I'll have a whole lot of nothing to do at night.

I'm in the PST, but I'm a night owl with a sleep schedule that tends to attune itself to any compelling game I can get ahold of. I'm going to take a more thorough read through the posts made under the new thread and everyone's character sheets before I post mine. I mean, even if there isn't room for me I figure I'll do it just for fun.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Cheers.

Mercurio123

Congrats on being approved Ana.
Monsters aren't a bad idea, though I would introduce them slowly. it's only been a few months since the world went to pot so they wouldn't come in hordes.

Vill, no problems with you joining up from my POV. I'm not planning on doing a huge crowd or anything but 4 to 6 should be do-able so consider yourself welcome. If you can add some character details here then we can link up with your character in the game forum.

Just to clarify for everyone, (all pretty obvious really but hey)
I do not expect a post from everyone everyday. heck I'm not going to manage that as I have already shown :-p
but as long as it stays fun and doesn't go stagnant it should be cool.

Length too isn't a massive deal, one liners obviously suck but it's not an essay that you need to turn in and not everything requires long stories anyway.

Obviously proper grammar and spelling is sexy but typo's happen so don't stress

Talking about sexyness, as this can be read by anyone joining up to E even before they get the all clear please keep in mind that sexy is fine but sex is not. Same with excessive violence, killing a monster is fine, heck even killing a human is fine but going silence of the lambs on the victim is a bit of a no go.

Finally, please communicate. Do you have ideas, problems, writers block, questions, hot chocolate, post it here.
alternatively feel free to sling me a message .

Right I think that's my preaching done. I shall cease and desist of it and sally forth to the game forum to let my coward do some heroic actions.. or maybe just the other way around.

Cheers,
M

Vill

Right on, boss. Thanks for the O.K. to go ahead. I'm going to post my character details here in a bit then start working on a post for the game.

Considering the emphasis on the cold weather: is it safe to assume it's sometime in January? I haven't lived in NY for a bit, but I kind of remember that month being the gnarliest.

I'm going to try to stay in line with the original GM's request that we choose a profession that we have at least some rudimentary knowledge of, and that we try to write as if weaponry is scarce in this newly abandoned world. I'm excited to write with you all, and you can expect a post out of me today for sure. I don't want anyone to feel they have to wait for me to post first, though. I think it should still be pretty easy to establish the round-robin system regardless, since it's so early in the game.

Vill

Name: Aiden Reaux
Played By: Vill

Background: Aiden Reaux enlisted into the United States Coast Guard and arrived a boot camp in New Jersey just three days after his nineteenth birthday. His first unit was a small boat station off the North Western seaboard at Cape Disappointment. He received orders after thirteen months to attend BM-A school at TRACEN Yorktown, Virginia. The rank of Boatswains Mate 3rd class, was awarded to Reaux upon his graduation, elevating his rank to E-4: 3rd Class Petty Officer. His next assignment would be aboard a 378 ft. High Endurance Cutter named The Hamilton. Twenty-Six months a board The Hamilton would send BM3 Reaux on several patrols across the Pacific and along North America’s coastline conducting drug and migrant interdiction missions. He would gain qualification as a boarding team member, and eventually achieve his final promotion to E-5, BM2.

Petty Officer Reaux stood aboard the fantail of the Hamilton with a cigarette pressed between his lips as the city of San Diego slowly lowered over the horizon. This was to be his final tour: an eight month patrol that would take The Hamilton and her crew through the Panama Canal and North along the United States coastline. His enlistment would end roughly two months after their return. The freedom of civilian life had been gnawing at the edges of his mind for the last two years. The Pacific Ocean was agreeable that day, as if it knew it may never see the sailor again...

Special Training: Boat Handling, Chart Literacy and Navigation, Small Arms Operation and Maintenance, Rudimentary First Aid and CPR.

(I liked how you all pretty much had a description of how the character found out they were alone in the world, and what they did in the two months prior to the current timeline in your first post. I really wanna do that, it seems fun. Let me knows if there are any questions or concerns with my character sheet. Sorry it's a little long. I get carried away when I'm enjoying myself.)

Hazel

So I'm gonna try and sneak up on this thing, obviously before it gets the jump on you guys. How are we going to do the combat? Just discuss it before hand, or just same as the original post of doing what you think would happen?

I like it Vill. You could make it so that the ship, without crew to handle it, crashes into the city and that's how he realizes something happened? Could make it a nest or something later on if everyone wants to, so we have to sneak on for the supplies.

Vill

Quote from: Charles on January 17, 2014, 04:18:34 PM
I like it Vill. You could make it so that the ship, without crew to handle it, crashes into the city and that's how he realizes something happened?

I see we have a clairvoyant in the group: you read my mind...

...although, I'm not sure if there will be a ship left to nest within...

If you catch my drift. --queue dramatic music---

Mercurio123

Nice one Vill, and by all means make a discovery post. the good thing about a bit of exposition is that you can post it regardless of where we are in the plot if you want.

Charles, probably later on we may do some discussion stuff or even dice if there is a need for it, however right now it's purely to get the characters to join up so use your best judgment. You can alarm M&A or you can try to distract the creature, try to sneak up and kill it.
Just do what you think your character would do. The creature is pretty much blinded but has good ears, it's also not the fastest walker, but it can leap really well.

Position wise M has his back to the creature and is blocking A's view. I think that sums it up really.

Vill

Quote from: Mercurio123 on January 17, 2014, 06:39:32 PM
Nice one Vill, and by all means make a discovery post. the good thing about a bit of exposition is that you can post it regardless of where we are in the plot if you want.

Roger that, boss.

Vill

So I posted what happened the night of everyone's disappearance. Sorry it's damn mini-novella (is that term over redundant?)

My next post won't be so long. I'll wait for a good point to interject Reaux into what's happening with you three. I just got a little carried away with the events of that night. I've had a lot of pent of energy for writing I needed to unleash.

ReaderGurl

Vill

Hello, Reader.

I had a question for you Mercurio: How do you feel about starting a new OOC thread for us under the Looking for non-adult thread? The game thread has a slightly different name anyway. You could make your own description of events be the first page and copy paste our existing character sheets beneath it. I think it would be better than having the original poster's thread as the flag ship.

Your call though!

ReaderGurl

I'm just going to make a character sheet lol. I don't mind if I cant be in the IC thread, it was fun to make a character regardless

Name: Michelle Chang
Played by: ReaderGurl
Background: Michelle grew up in a heavily militarized area of China. She was enlisted into China's army as soon as she turned 18, and served for 4 years after that. However, when she turned 23, she deserted, determined not to waste five years of her life doing something she didn't want to do. The morning after she ran, she woke up to find most of the people around her gone,. She's been on the run since then, and has learned to survive with the very little she has. Luckily, when she ran, she had enough foresight to take her standard-issue gun with her, but she's almost out of ammunition. The wild animals have been brutal.
Special Skills: Stealth and tracking, camouflage, gun handling

Vill

Nice character sheet. I'm interested in seeing how she made it to New York!

ReaderGurl

Oops, didn't think that far... lol maybe when she was running, she stowed away on a boat. And when she got to ny, that's when the people vanished

Vill

ReaderGurl

Lol well i Wanted to have her be in china because I feel like I'm becoming more and more chinese every day :P well not literally, but I'm learning the language and the culture lol

Mercurio123

Hello Vill and Reader,

Not a bad idea Vill, I'll have a look in to it. should be easy enough to do and I can and a following link on this one.

Just read your exposition story. Very good, great details too.

Reader, I can probably slot one more in but I haven't linked the original 3 characters together yet, let alone Vill's so it could take a few posts before I can line everyone up.
Having a native Chinese character could be quite interesting and I'm all for it, there are however 2 things that spring to my mind. 1 would be the language barrier. China isn't well known for their English education so I suspect a soldier would have rudimentary English at best. It can however be great fun to play out the communication difficulties between them.
The next issue is more of distance. From what I read in your char desc. she is still in China. Getting her with the others could be a tad tricky. She'd sooner stumble upon someone in China.
Though I can think of a few suggestions to get round it while still having your character. Perhaps even get you to join up with Vill first so neither of you have to hang about for the rest of us before having a shot at RPing

Let me know your thoughts and we can work something out.