Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaggedLouise

Sarah Sanders is due to leave her job, the latest to exit the Trump inner circle. Lately she has been completely overshadowed by Trump's own media circus and has kept a fairly low profile.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/13/politics/sarah-sanders-white-house-leaving/index.html

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

clonkertink

Normally I'd  be curious who was going to take her place, but I'm wondering if they'll bother to replace her at all. Just give up the pretense of being open with the media.

legomaster00156

Quote from: gaggedLouise on June 13, 2019, 04:34:00 PM
Sarah Sanders is due to leave her job, the latest to exit the Trump inner circle. Lately she has been completely overshadowed by Trump's own media circus and has kept a fairly low profile.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/13/politics/sarah-sanders-white-house-leaving/index.html
I will miss her greatly.

^ That is me, being exactly as honest as she is.

gaggedLouise

Oh by the way, Trump can't even count the years he and Sanders have been in office - or he just thinks it sounded better with an extra year...Lo and behold.  ;)

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1139263781144596486

clonkertink

To be fair, he forgot about Sean Spicer because he was hiding among the bushes.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: clonkertink on June 14, 2019, 12:31:53 AM
To be fair, he forgot about Sean Spicer because he was hiding among the bushes.

Yep, and I didn't even notice his blooper until this morning when I heard Trump's tweet being quoted on the radio over here.

Norsegod1839

I'm reeling....

I mean after so long shouting no collusion to everyone he could. After so long having tried to make us all sound like we're crazy...

He freely admits he would collude! I get why to... given that there's been no real consequences because of what he did! However the idea that he would just say this, and then say the things he said afterwards about the FBI and hypothetical's just put icing on this bad cake we've had to eat.

I tell you one thing I've never felt a more patriotic call to arms to help his opposite opponent every way I could in terms of volunteering and participating actively. At this point it honestly feels like a patriotic duty to make sure our next president is... not him.

Lilias

Quote from: clonkertink on June 13, 2019, 05:06:17 PM
Normally I'd  be curious who was going to take her place, but I'm wondering if they'll bother to replace her at all. Just give up the pretense of being open with the media.

Ivanka.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

gaggedLouise

This is such a keeper: Trump's raw narcissism even makes him try to picture Queen Elizabeth is one of the people he's totally won over with his charm - "she told me she had not had so much fun in 25 years".  ???

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/14/politics/queen-elizabeth-ii-donald-trump-fun/index.html

As always from the royal press detail in this kind of situation: "no comments". I think Elizabeth is relieved at the thought she may not need to see Trump ever again (unless Boris is stupid enough to invite him once more?).

Oniya

Quote from: gaggedLouise on June 14, 2019, 01:44:56 PM
"she told me she had not had so much fun in 25 years".

I, too, have fun watching people make complete arses of themselves.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kurogane

Funny how we continue to have an escalation of media coverage on alleged Iranian mishaps. Seems like Trump is setting the table for a prolonged conflict with Iran...so he can stay in power.  Now the question is whether or not Congress can see through this ploy and actually DO something about it!

Sara Nilsson

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/159377740569645056?lang=en

While he himself tweeted out things like that.

Quote@BarackObama will attack Iran in order to get re-elected.

Various

Trump has a long history of hitting Obama for his own behavior.

"Obama is on yet another two-day West Coast fundraising swing. Has to fit it in before his 15 day tax-payer funded vacation."
or
"I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf."

The bloated hypocrite spent 17-days on a taxpayer funded vacation in August of 2017. The lazy buffoon has spent a little over one out of every five days at one of his golf properties at some point in the day. Americans have spent over $100 million so that fat conman can play golf
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Muddy Waters

Quote from: Various on June 21, 2019, 10:57:25 AM

The bloated hypocrite spent 17-days on a taxpayer funded vacation in August of 2017. The lazy buffoon has spent a little over one out of every five days at one of his golf properties at some point in the day. Americans have spent over $100 million so that fat conman can play golf

I think the reason why there isn't more push back about having to foot this bill is that Republican voters (somehow still) see him as the "Business Man".   And businessmen make deals on the golf greens.  How he's making deals I fail to see but what do I know, I'm a silly liberal :)
[acronym=A lotus flower that grows out of the mud and blossoms above the muddy water surface][/acronym]
[Acronym= Muddy Waters' On & Offs][/acronym][Acronym=Muddy Waters' Absences and Apologies][/acronym]
                        "A lotus flower that grows out of the mud and blossoms above the muddy water surface"   

Oniya

There's a scene in Rising Sun where Wesley Snipes confronts Sean Connery about that practice - making a subtle point that Connery accepting a membership to the exclusive country club is a form of getting bribed.  Since Trump owns the golf course, the money=influence flow is a little different, but a case could be made for a similar dynamic.

On the less-shady side of things, there's a lot of time between holes on the golf course, even if you're in the little go-karts, and very few people around to interrupt/listen in.  Plenty of time to talk privately.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Regina Minx

Fucking content warning.

Donald Trump has been accused of rape. This is not hyperbole, exaggeration, or anything other than what I just said. Advice columnist E. Jean Carroll has stated that Donald Trump raped her in a dressing room in New York City department store.

Putting aside for a moment whether or not its true, this remains an event of draw-dropping magnitude either way. The President of the United States has been accused of raping a woman. If this was any other person not named Donald Trump, this accusation would be the defining event of a hundred news cycles from now until well after election day. In this time, with this man? Anyone want to take the over/under on how long this lasts?

Sara Nilsson

Trump threatens reporter with prison.

https://www.theroot.com/trump-sat-down-with-time-magazine-and-then-threatened-a-1835736861

QuoteTRUMP: “Excuse me — Under Section II — Well, you can go to prison instead, because, if you use, if you use the photograph you took of the letter that I gave you —”

TIME: “Do you believe that people should be —”

TRUMP: “confidentially, I didn’t give it to you to take photographs of it — So don’t play that game with me. Let me just tell you something. You take a look —”

TIME: “I’m sorry, Mr. President. Were you threatening me with prison time?”

In interview with the orange idiot he shows off this letter that was "hand delivered" and then threatens the reporter with prison if he shows anyone the picture.

Hades

Quote from: Regina Minx on June 21, 2019, 03:32:40 PM

If this was any other person not named Donald Trump, this accusation would be the defining event of a hundred news cycles from now until well after election day. In this time, with this man? Anyone want to take the over/under on how long this lasts?

For as long as it takes the White House to rattle it's saber again and get the media all talking about Iran once more. So, tomorrow at the latest I imagine.

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Hades on June 21, 2019, 03:46:49 PM

For as long as it takes the White House to rattle it's saber again and get the media all talking about Iran once more. So, tomorrow at the latest I imagine.

We knew Trump thought this was a good idea looong ago, since he kept tweeting that is what Obama would do. And yet.. people are surprised he is threatening war with Iran.

Kurogane

Quote from: Regina Minx on June 21, 2019, 03:32:40 PM
Fucking content warning.

Donald Trump has been accused of rape. This is not hyperbole, exaggeration, or anything other than what I just said. Advice columnist E. Jean Carroll has stated that Donald Trump raped her in a dressing room in New York City department store.

Putting aside for a moment whether or not its true, this remains an event of draw-dropping magnitude either way. The President of the United States has been accused of raping a woman. If this was any other person not named Donald Trump, this accusation would be the defining event of a hundred news cycles from now until well after election day. In this time, with this man? Anyone want to take the over/under on how long this lasts?

In this era/administration of escalating absurdity, this singular "rape" incident will be old news by Monday. She will not receive justice and the Orange Idiot will continue with his rallies and silly slogans.

Oniya

Uh-oh. Now the knitters are taking a stand.  (Watch out for people with that many sharp pointy things)

https://www.ravelry.com/content/no-trump

TheGlyphstone

Regina Minx

Quote from: Oniya on June 23, 2019, 08:19:19 PM
Uh-oh. Now the knitters are taking a stand.  (Watch out for people with that many sharp pointy things)

https://www.ravelry.com/content/no-trump

Not going to lie. Sleep-deprived Regina read that as “the kittens are taking a stand.” I was prepared for the most adorable anti-Trump post.

Oniya

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 23, 2019, 08:23:14 PM
I'm confused.

Basically, like RPG.net's ban on pro-Trump postings.  (The Ravelry announcement even mentions that ban.)  Yes, in addition to loads of patterns, there are also forums over there.

What amuses me is that I found out about this through Jim 'Stonekettle' Wright and John Scalzi's Twitter feeds.  I knew both of them could spin a good yarn, but who'd'a guessed?

gaggedLouise

With the Iranian leadership calling Trump a "deranged liar" and saying he is not really willing to negotiate - "if you were, you would have come down to talk now" (they are actually right IMO) and Trump throwing an angry fit in reply and kinda threatening to turn Iran into a parking lot, I'm going to be surprised if war hasn't started within a week or two from now. :(