Dynasty Warriors 7...Is...Pissing...Me...Off...

Started by Steamy Royal, August 09, 2011, 07:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamy Royal

So, yeah, I'm playing Conquest Mode, and I'm trying to fight my way through the left side of the map, and into that small corner, I just need the Warriors fights in there. I'm trying to complete Ma Dai's battles, but that guy's first fight...Is REALLY getting on my nerves, I've been close to breaking my PS3 controller...I've been stuck on that level for like, 3-4 hours now, because the enemy special soldiers can kill you with one of their special attacks, and you have to fight two of them at the same time TWICE, and you can barely get hit before dying! I'm so pissed that I'm close to breaking controller and PS3...

I wanted to hear if anyone had problems with that stage too, or if it's just me that somehow suck with Ma Dai...I'm playing on Hard by the way, and using the sunflare sword that gives 30 damage...

Looking forward to your replies. >.>

Shjade

I haven't played post-PS2 DW games, but if difficulty and experience are handled roughly the same way in 7 as they are in 2-5, I'd say you need to level up your chosen warrior in lower difficulties first. Sounds like you're just too weak to be there on Hard.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Steamy Royal

Well, I completed it. Problem is that in conquest mode, you pick a character to play, and while you play that character, you also play other characters events, and they don't get points to level them up for that, then you have to play as them in the conquest mode, but I still haven't played the legendary battles with the one I'm using right now, and I plan on going through everything with that character. I did complete it though, after a long time, I just rushed it in the end, so I just have to try and try and try, and in the end, I'll win lol. It's the first Dynasty Warriors game I've ever played, and it's awesome, have had it for a while now.

Violence

I actually thought Ma Dai was pretty good in 7.  But if you have trouble on any stages, there is a somewhat cheaty way to play through.

The easiest way is to have a second player taking control of your best guy (even on the conquest special stages, player 2 is always whoever player 2 picks), but obviously you don't always have access to a second player.  So what you can do is just play your best guy on the second controller.  If your guy is strong enough, chances are the enemies won't make it back to the base where your 1st player guy is.  It's a little bit of a hassle, but it's a trick to get through tougher stages. o.o

7 isn't a bad one to have started on.  It's probably the best the franchise has been in a while, it felt fresh but without all the "what the hell" factor of 6.  I'm not sure I like Conquest Mode in place of a "Free Mode", though.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Steamy Royal

Lol that's way too much work for me to go through xD I'll just fight my way through the things xD I did manage to get through that stage, now I'm at the woman who uses the harp as a weapon o.o lol.

I think the 7th game is good indeed, and I'm glad to hear it is one of good Dynasty Warriors. I like the conquest mode though, it gives me something to do during the day, and I can play it over and over again with other characters, so it'll take me a while before I have gone through the whole thing there xD. I just really like all the different emotions you get from the game.

The first time I played through a story mode, I was like "Hah die evil guys!" but when I then played their stories, and saw how their life was build up, and why they did what they did, and, now, I just sometimes feel bad when I fight the enemies, regardless of which of them it might be ><.

Shjade

Except Dong Zhuo, who is always chaotic evil.

I think I spent more time playing DW3 than the rest (Wu's final assault on He Fei with Lu Xun's instant-death swords, aww yeah. I replayed that mission I don't even know how many times just to see how many kills I could get at max difficulty before time ran out and still win the stage.), though I do prefer the Empires off-shoots 'cause I like going around conquering the whole country with a custom officer.
◕/◕'s

Steamy Royal

So, I had around, no clue on what you just talked about, but awesome lol.
Yeah it's fun to conquer the whole country with one character plus, it gives me something to do when bored lol.

Inkidu

Ah, Dynasty Warriors. I only ever played one of you. You were far too button mashy for me, but you provided me with the one phrase that I can say to myself and laugh every time.

"My name is Kao Pi." Priceless.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Steamy Royal

I love when you play as Zhu Rong, and fight against her husband and win xD The line he comes out with is just hilarious xD.

Shjade

◕/◕'s

Steamy Royal

It is rather sad yes, because some of the names are awesome >.> But you just have to laugh at it and accept the fact that English would never work in such a game really xD.

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on August 10, 2011, 03:37:34 PM
Mispronunciations make me sad D:
Hey it's not my mispronunciation. That's how the voice actor said it. :) They make me laugh.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Violence

Quote from: Inkidu on August 10, 2011, 05:04:24 PM
Hey it's not my mispronunciation. That's how the voice actor said it. :) They make me laugh.

Yeah, the voice actors went through at least 3 or 4 games saying a whole bunch of the names wrong.  (the first Dynasty Warriors was actually a soul calibur clone and I don't remember any voice acting in it, but it's been for ever since I played it).  Then in 5 and 6 they started trying to be more authentic... then suddenly in 7 it's like somebody is holding a gun to the guy's head with implied threats if he so much as accents a name wrong.

The fact that localization managed to start getting the money to get some credible voice actors working on the projects helps out with the presentation too.  Liam O'Brien, Michael Sinterniklaas, Vic Mignogna (whose name I think I'll never be able to pronounce), Wendee Lee, etc.

I love the franchise as a whole, personally, but I can definitely see how it might not appeal to some people, and I think the "Empires" spin-offs tend to be a bit better on the whole since you also get to incorporate a little bit more of a strategy into how you play.  Choosing where you position your strong generals, holding territories and sometimes having to lose one area in order to take another, buying reinforcements or tricking allies into attacking an enemy for you.  At their heart, though, DW: Empires is the same gameplay.

Sometimes I have to admit that 50% of why I buy them is just to play Lu Bu and literally destroy everything in my path, though... ^.^;; I love that man.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Shjade

Quote from: Violence on August 12, 2011, 04:03:41 AM
I love the franchise as a whole, personally, but I can definitely see how it might not appeal to some people, and I think the "Empires" spin-offs tend to be a bit better on the whole since you also get to incorporate a little bit more of a strategy into how you play.  Choosing where you position your strong generals, holding territories and sometimes having to lose one area in order to take another, buying reinforcements or tricking allies into attacking an enemy for you.  At their heart, though, DW: Empires is the same gameplay.

Err...unless you play like I do and never hire any generals, use Hard March every turn and defend and attack all around the map by yourself the whole game. >.>;;

What can I say, having generals backing me up makes the game too easy!
◕/◕'s

Violence

Quote from: Shjade on August 12, 2011, 10:02:15 AM
Err...unless you play like I do and never hire any generals, use Hard March every turn and defend and attack all around the map by yourself the whole game. >.>;;

What can I say, having generals backing me up makes the game too easy!

Well, I said the game opened itself up to more strategy... I never said it required you to use it. *laughs*

I know that I've tried that play method.  Using Lu Bu but I had Diao Chan at his side the whole time... technically she was the Empress and he was her single general.  I don't remember if I stuck with it through the whole game, though.

Kunoichi

Yeah, the extra element of strategy definitely makes the Empires games a lot more fun.  Though, for me, the main enjoyment in the game was always co-op...

Samurai Warriors 3's Murasame Castle mode was pretty cool, though.  Even if I did hate the way they handled items in that game.

Shjade

Quote from: Violence on August 12, 2011, 01:46:52 PM
I know that I've tried that play method.  Using Lu Bu but I had Diao Chan at his side the whole time... technically she was the Empress and he was her single general.  I don't remember if I stuck with it through the whole game, though.

I can't recall whose moveset I use on my custom officer in DW5 empires...oh right, Gan Ning. Fire swirl + musou charge = map and officer domination. In SW2 Empires it is of course the overpowered Musashi moveset. ;p
◕/◕'s

Violence

Quote from: Shjade on August 12, 2011, 04:13:47 PM
I can't recall whose moveset I use on my custom officer in DW5 empires...oh right, Gan Ning. Fire swirl + musou charge = map and officer domination. In SW2 Empires it is of course the overpowered Musashi moveset. ;p

I always felt Musashi was too "stand still" with his moveset.  Kojiro was rediculously overpowerred... but for me it's all about Mori Ranmaru, what he lacks in speed he makes up for in the ability to just empty a field in a single combo.

I think I used Lady No on my create-a-character, though... since she was Azula. ^.^;;

Shjade

Musashi's set is broken in SW2/SW2 Empires on a custom officer because you can use the stance-cancel self skill (Stability), which lets you chain an infinite combo on anyone at any time as soon as you land a hit. SSS-CCCCC-stance-block-SSS-CCCCC-stance-block-repeat ad infinitum. You cancel the combo just before you get to the knockback portion of his ending charge string and restart immediately. Since his end weapon has the death element it cleaves down health fast even in Chaos difficulty. I've yet to find anything from the other officers to top it.

*can't find a Youtube clip of someone demonstrating this D:*

Oh, and his true musou with the aura of blades absolutely shreds if you get someone against a wall with it.
◕/◕'s

Steamy Royal

Okay, so I have no clue what you're talking about xD But it sounds interesting xD

Violence

Quote from: Valchyrie on August 12, 2011, 06:46:38 PM
Okay, so I have no clue what you're talking about xD But it sounds interesting xD

Other games in the Warriors franchise. ^.^;;

Every time they release a Dynasty Warriors they also release a corresponding "Empires" eventually to go along with it.  DW6-Empires, DW5-Empires, what have you.  They'll use the same maps as the Dynasty Warriors they're made from but instead of story-modes it's set scenarios and each battle fought gains (or loses, but probably gains) you a land.  The object being to conquer the whole map.

It's kinda like the Conquest mode already in 7, but each turn might also have a people's revolt or a famine killing off your armies or what have you.

There's also the Samurai Warriors games... which are the same game as the Dynasty Warriors games, but set in Sengoku Era Japan as opposed to Three Kingdoms Era China.  The Warriors Orochi games which are a "what if" tale using guys from Dynasty and Samurai Warriors as well as just from Chinese and Japanese folklore.

They also just released "Warriors: Legends of Troy" which is the same kind of playstyle but set in the Trojan War (and without Co-Op if I read the back of the box, correctly).  And they have the Dynasty Warriors: Gundam (1-3) and a Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage franchises too which use the Dynasty Warriors playstyle but with characters and storylines from those respective anime/mangas.

If you like any one of the franchises, it's worth giving the others a shot.  Each of them is different in their own little ways, but more or less they're all very similar.  I enjoy all of them (haven't played Legends of Troy yet) but it is kinda hard to deny the "all these games are the same game" accusation, I'll be the first to admit. ^.^;;;

Shjade

Ah, Warriors of Troy, another of the handful of games that make me wish I owned a current-gen gaming console. :|
◕/◕'s

Violence

Quote from: Shjade on August 12, 2011, 07:09:00 PM
Ah, Warriors of Troy, another of the handful of games that make me wish I owned a current-gen gaming console. :|

That and Sengoku Basara (Capcom's attempt to ape the Dynasty Warriors style) are two of my leading plusses for having a PS3 at the moment. *nods*

Steamy Royal

Quote from: Violence on August 12, 2011, 06:56:18 PM
Other games in the Warriors franchise. ^.^;;

Every time they release a Dynasty Warriors they also release a corresponding "Empires" eventually to go along with it.  DW6-Empires, DW5-Empires, what have you.  They'll use the same maps as the Dynasty Warriors they're made from but instead of story-modes it's set scenarios and each battle fought gains (or loses, but probably gains) you a land.  The object being to conquer the whole map.

It's kinda like the Conquest mode already in 7, but each turn might also have a people's revolt or a famine killing off your armies or what have you.

There's also the Samurai Warriors games... which are the same game as the Dynasty Warriors games, but set in Sengoku Era Japan as opposed to Three Kingdoms Era China.  The Warriors Orochi games which are a "what if" tale using guys from Dynasty and Samurai Warriors as well as just from Chinese and Japanese folklore.

They also just released "Warriors: Legends of Troy" which is the same kind of playstyle but set in the Trojan War (and without Co-Op if I read the back of the box, correctly).  And they have the Dynasty Warriors: Gundam (1-3) and a Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage franchises too which use the Dynasty Warriors playstyle but with characters and storylines from those respective anime/mangas.

If you like any one of the franchises, it's worth giving the others a shot.  Each of them is different in their own little ways, but more or less they're all very similar.  I enjoy all of them (haven't played Legends of Troy yet) but it is kinda hard to deny the "all these games are the same game" accusation, I'll be the first to admit. ^.^;;;

Ahhhh okay! Well, I do know the game Samurai Warriors, I played it when I had the old xbox, loved that game <3 I don't know about the other games, though I did try a game with that kind of strategic gaming. I didn't really like that, I found it very strange and annoying somehow, I'm more to the whole, running around on a map and such ^^. I'm picky with games, but besides of those strategic games, what you talked about actually sounded interesting ^^.

CmdrRenegade

Somewhat relevantly, I've started playing Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage again and have been trying to finish Souther's Dream Mode.  The last stage is a bitch.  Your gates keep getting reconquered and you have to slay approximately 20 smaller officers before you can go after the main opponents.  Wound up losing after an hour of playing.  Fortunately, they let you keep most of the skill points you earn to power up your character. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.